most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
JoeyAvalanche 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,836 | Props total: 125 125
n*ggas would part like the red sea if jay walked through here,
you dudes sittin on the internet laughin like even a $1 million dollar investment aint sh*t.

most of y'all dont even own your broke a.ss whip

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #122
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,303 | Props total: 5495 5495
Jay been bullsh!ttin
 5 years ago '10        #123
AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
People really think Jay is a business man. I'm about to the thread I made about that lol
 5 years ago '09        #124
Polygod 75 heat pts75
space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1405 1405
it's like if they all owned one big a.ss room Jigga would e in the corner or hanging out the window, atleast he's in the room
 5 years ago '05        #125
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2230 2230
thats what he get for flexin like he owned the team. Hes just a figurehead to help promote the Nets
 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM         #126
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i also didnt know he only owned 1/15 of 1%, he made it seem like he damn near owned half the team, but either way that 1/15 of 1% is still something id be more then happy to own. so stop hating
 5 years ago '04        #127
quintosis03 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,184 | Props total: 977 977
 Dos-effect said:
Regardless of his ownership he was the one who moved the team to Brooklyn.....his pecentage might be small but his influence is apparently priceless.
i hope you dont believe that. jay-z has no influence on anything the nets do. he is the token guy for them. aka a puppet for the real owners.
 5 years ago '08        #128
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
What's sad is that all this time he only owned that small percentage but alot of n*ggas in here thought he owned half the team before this article, but y'all want to downplay his role. It's not just his raps that had you thinking that, it was his presence at all the Net's events and dealings.

You can call him a mascot or a figurehead all you want, but you can't deny his popularity and exposure to those who may not listen to rap or know Rocawear is dead, or Ace of space taste like sh*t has grown exponentially. That mill that he gave up will be returned to him tenfold and while y'all laughing on the net , he's laughing to the bank.
 08-29-2012, 11:36 AM         #129
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 popsjenkins said:
What's sad is that all this time he only owned that small percentage but alot of n*ggas in here thought he owned half the team before this article, but y'all want to downplay his role. It's not just his raps that had you thinking that, it was his presence at all the Net's events and dealings.

You can call him a mascot or a figurehead all you want, but you can't deny his popularity and exposure to those who may not listen to rap or know Rocawear is dead, or Ace of space taste like sh*t has grown exponentially. That mill that he gave up will be returned to him tenfold and while y'all laughing on the net , he's laughing to the bank.

This.

this thread isn't about Jay, it's about the deception and all of a sudden everyone knew what percentage Jay-Z owned.

If people knew this this would have be brought to the light a long time ago. I don't see any of these posters in old threads saying Jay only own a percentage of a percentage.

I applaud Jay for manipulating things, but for you guys to sit back and act like this is old news.

But then again, this is BX, where is everyone is right and everyone else is wrong.
 08-29-2012, 12:20 PM         #130
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 quintosis03 said:
i hope you dont believe that. jay-z has no influence on anything the nets do. he is the token guy for them. aka a puppet for the real owners.

You hope right?
 5 years ago '10        #131
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
When did he say he owns half tho?

He said he an owner which he is
 5 years ago '06        #132
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,284 | Props total: 460 460
i been saying this since day one but nobody wants to listen. Jay-Z has no authority whatsoever involving that basketball team. He is a puppet that they put there to make money. Just like putting "executive produced by Jay-Z" on the cover of NBA2K13. Do you really think Jay-Z had anything at all to do with the publication of that video game? is Jay-Z a computer programmer all of a sudden? Did he write the code for Unreal Engine 5 and is just keeping it under wraps till Blueprint 4 drops? NO....he has absolutely nothing at all to do with it other then maybe some musical selections but they put his name up there and for some reason people want to buy it.
 5 years ago '04        #133
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 Skratch said:
Jay-z trys so hard to protect his brand, he pose to be a boss and he only own 1%
no he doesn't. he owns 1/15th of that
 5 years ago '04        #134
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
 Minister said:
yall n*ggas have no business sense

keep talkin sh*t...watch them billions roll in

first hip hop billionaire guarentee it.

u read it here first.

like some n*gga wit a at least some fu*kin sense said it already...after i did

dog if he makes the nets look good....its going to triple his investment

stock is all about belief and potential.

hence stock market crashes...people stop believing in businesses and sell all their shares and the company dies.

just a bunch of jay haters.
no i didn't. people have been saying this for 5+ years
 5 years ago '04        #135
Texas 
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 1 1
 the synthesis said:
Kanye thought Jay owned 50% and could drop Kim's ex from the team...

Jay mustve have been frontin for Ye to believe that
that's great that you and Kanye are such great friends and he told you this.
 5 years ago '09        #136
messy marv stan 4536 heat pts4536
space
space
$54,135 | Props total: 67656 67656
the camel dont got no real say in what the team does
the camel is just there ro ensure the nets sell tickets
 5 years ago '08        #137
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
 Sam Rothstein said:
This.

this thread isn't about Jay, it's about the deception and all of a sudden everyone knew what percentage Jay-Z owned.

If people knew this this would have be brought to the light a long time ago. I don't see any of these posters in old threads saying Jay only own a percentage of a percentage.

I applaud Jay for manipulating things, but for you guys to sit back and act like this is old news.

But then again, this is BX, where is everyone is right and everyone else is wrong.
You focused on one part but completely ignored the next. It's not Jay's deception; yeah he exaggerated things but that's what rappers do. Jay was at all the signings, all the press conferences, all the interviews and photo ops. Players that might have come to the team reported they spoke with Jay. That's not all his deception, put that on the nets also.

As I said, you can call him a mascot all you want but he's definitely the face and voice of the new Brooklyn Nets and is putting in more work than your average .015% would
 08-29-2012, 01:48 PM         #138
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay stans avoiding this thread like a plague

08-29-2012, 01:51 PM         #139
bbrossy313  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-Dogg said:
Hov is smart, though, he'll flip it and talk about making something out of nothing.......I thought it was always widely known that he only owned a small sliver of the Nets, though?
i cant beleive that 1million get u 15% they must be losing all kinds of money
 5 years ago '05        #140
DrDeath 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,347 | Props total: 3150 3150
 bbrossy313 said:
i cant beleive that 1million get u 15% they must be losing all kinds of money
1/15 of 1%
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy