Jay-Z Wanted His Ownership Percentage Of Nets Kept Under Wraps

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #101
QuietPack 
space
space
space
$1,280 | Props total: 504 504
^ ya he was dissing jesus, but where u trying to go with that?
 5 years ago '08        #102
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23353 23353
 Minister said:
800 mil is what jay has.

buffet is a multi billionaire dude.
Okay I understand what you're saying now. I thought you were saying 500M was Buffet money as in Buffet and his wife's cash money and not Jay and Bey's net worth.

Minister said:

face and name forever attached to a basketball team....and more players will want to come here strictly because of jay.

lets not act like jay and lebron don't do weird sh*t on the court.

don't be suprised if he ends up on the nets
lol. Jay couldn't get Bron to the Nets despite being his rapper friend for like 8 years now

lets not forget them missing out on Dwight Howard as well.
 08-28-2012, 11:28 PM         #103
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol.

had to bring the snoop on u
 08-28-2012, 11:57 PM         #104
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i said this months ago...n*ggas thought i was making it up.

hov still the goat though and its still more money than you broke n*ggas will ever see.
 5 years ago '07        #105
timdog 925 heat pts925
space
space
$30,505 | Props total: 15063 15063
 bigjoshi2002 said:
It sounds better to say he's part owner of the team instead of saying he's just a token black they use to promote the nba to the hip hop culture.
this...

the payed him off well to

40/40 club

roc-a-wear store

he we get a one the best suites stocked with champagne

i guess he "won"
 08-29-2012, 12:26 AM         #106
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i would clarify........
 5 years ago '11        #107
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 2551 2551
 Player 1 said:
SSorry but we know you can't have a jay z thread with out bringing up Nas name
Run off Nas nuts...
 5 years ago '06        #108
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
Im seeing something else. This dude is more the Face of the franchise, Ownership speaking, than the Russian dude who owns the majority. He's designing logos, jerseys, Got his 40/40 Club, and rocawear in the building.

Dammm. Thats wining to me and it shows his popularity in the mainstream. Cause I dont see any other Minority owner having that much pull with any other team.

And for him to do it as a rapper thats even more impressive to me.

Props to Jay.

Last edited by Menelek; 08-29-2012 at 01:23 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #109
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,986 | Props total: 5033 5033
did people really think he OWNED the nets? come on son, if you can pay as little as possible and have a share then I would do it in a heartbeat if I was a mogul like him...bottom line is, he has all his lines in the stadium which will make him even richer IMO.

obviously he has a say if they are putting his clothing line, club, etc...into the stadium.

he is making the most out of his investment and and at the end of the day that is all that matters in business. I give him props for still coming out on top and I am far from a hov fan but hes smart..gotta give props when they are due.
 5 years ago '04        #110
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,986 | Props total: 5033 5033
 Menelek said:
Im seeing something else. This dude is more the Face of the franchise, Ownership speaking, than the Russian dude who owns the majority. He's designing logos, jerseys, Got his 40/40 Club, and rocawear in the building.

Dammm. Thats wining to me and it shows his popularity in the mainstream. Cause I dont see any other Minority owner having that much pull with any other team.

Props to Jay.
the only other I can think of is Magic with the dodgers...he is the face but far from owning the team...it seems like investors are smartening up and finding the IT guy to present themselves in front of media when they are beloved by the masses...they make all the money but the face will still make a handsome amount... at the end of the day its a win win from an investment approach.
 5 years ago '11        #111
nbrock 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 896 896
 Dos-effect said:
Regardless of his ownership he was the one who moved the team to Brooklyn.....his pecentage might be small but his influence is apparently priceless.
did you read the article before making that dumb a.ss statement...Bruce ratner specifically said the team was coming to Brooklyn wether he was on bored or not...he is a f*cking mascot...and you stupid a.sses are giving him the benefit of the doubt because u like him...if any other rapper said sh*t he said cards would have been pulled...u would Crucify him...stop blowing c*ck be a man and call him out on his fallacy
 5 years ago '06        #112
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 doczdaname said:
the only other I can think of is Magic with the dodgers...he is the face but far from owning the team...it seems like investors are smartening up and finding the IT guy to present themselves in front of media when they are beloved by the masses...they make all the money but the face will still make a handsome amount... at the end of the day its a win win from an investment approach.
True. True. But doesnt Magic have way more ownership than Jay? Your point still holds true Im just wondering if he owns like 5-10-20 % Or does he own less?
 5 years ago '11        #113
nbrock 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 896 896
 djinferno said:
Well I see it like this, he does not have to invest allot in terms of money because he generates a buzz for the team, hes like Spike Lee to the Knicks...
In retrospect he is a mascot?
 08-29-2012, 01:58 AM         #114
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at opening a Rocawear store in 2012, Jay gonna lose money...

But the white man is just using Jay-Z as a figure head, just like they are with Obama

Minister said:
i feel you. the business world is cutthroat tho.

win win either way

face and name forever attached to a basketball team....and more players will want to come here strictly because of jay.

lets not act like jay and lebron don't do weird sh*t on the court.

don't be suprised if he ends up on the nets
Illuminati shake at :30
 5 years ago '06        #115
SM 38201 heat pts38201
space
space
$128,022 | Props total: 67774 67774
 WCIB said:
This is BS. I've known for years how much he owns of the Nets and so did many other people...
another bullsh*t thread from "BX's Mr.Make-A-Hot Topic"
 5 years ago '07        #116
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
Jay-Z gets the people in the seats by making the team attractive to fans.
 5 years ago '05        #117
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,831 | Props total: 3443 3443
 s7venwords said:
Of course it's smart to diversify your $. But he was talkin' like he owned the team.
N you believed him...just because he said it.
 08-29-2012, 06:43 AM         #118
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 foshomoney said:
Got the hottest chick in the game wearing my chain
[pic - click to view]

And I wouldn't be surprised is this was exaggerated and staged, At this point I'm convinced Jay-Z is willing to do anything to make it in America. He doesn't give a fu*k how he plays the game.
 5 years ago '10        #119
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
Ya do know when you own a stock or a piece of a business you are the owner of that company regardless of how small that piece is...

Ya do know that if you own a piece of a business or stock regardless of the amount you do have rights to vote and choose the direction you feel the company should go...

Ya do know that small was only an original investment and he can always kick more money in if he wants to...

Ya do know Jayz has more money than all of ya right? n*ggas feel duped cuz they dont know sh*t about business
 5 years ago '04        #120
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 Menelek said:
True. True. But doesnt Magic have way more ownership than Jay? Your point still holds true Im just wondering if he owns like 5-10-20 % Or does he own less?
Magic owns 3%. There was no way he was dropping $2 billion for the Dodgers (and Dodger Stadium) without help (a lot of it). Magic had a small piece of the Lakers but the Buss family wasn't giving up more, so Magic sold that piece and the Dodgers investment group he rolled with used him as the "face" because people in LA still love him and MLB flat out didn't want a McCourt situation again. AT least Magic has a proven track record as a businessman
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
187 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
75 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
66 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy