Jay-Z Wanted His Ownership Percentage Of Nets Kept Under Wraps

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #81
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
I have known this since the beginning, I always laugh when people say he owns the Nets or he moved the team. I am sure he helped wine and dine politicians, bankers and people in Brooklyn who like him. But it aint called the Barclays centre for nothing. His brand is good for the org though. Commercial Real Estate investments are great though if you know what you are doing.
 5 years ago '08        #82
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23334 23334
 Minister said:
WALL STREET ******

AND 500 MIL IS WARREN BUFFET MONEY

COMBINE THAT WITH HIS WIFE'S MONEY HE'S AT LEAST AT 800 MIL.

SMH.

this is the type of fu*kery that makes n*ggas want to batman all of boxden

So if buffet "only" has 500M and Jay's net worth is "only" as much as Buffets actual money, how is he remotely close to Buffet much less a Billion. Or does net worth only matter for Jay in this situation?
 08-28-2012, 08:47 PM         #83
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not knocking Jay-Z's hustle, but the deception was strong, and what do you expect when deception is used and people are debriefed?

Adewale said:
U wanna know why Jay-z is a boss? Cuz he called this sh*t on the last line of "Hello Brooklyn"

I_REP_VA said:
It's incredible how you go from living in the streets to eventually owning your home city's basketball team

the ultimate hustler.
 Motivated said:
Jay-Z comes off arrogant,but it's a good thing he's doing building that arena, because the economy is sh*t and like he said this will create jobs for alot of folks in need.....plus I heard the cost of living in NY is high as hell.
 5 years ago '05        #84
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
So let me get this right.

Jay Z only had to invest 1 million dollars of his money, to probably making 10x that amount back in less than 2 years. And we know Jay Z isn't doing this work for free. He won.
 08-28-2012, 09:45 PM         #85
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
So if buffet "only" has 500M and Jay's net worth is "only" as much as Buffets actual money, how is he remotely close to Buffet much less a Billion. Or does net worth only matter for Jay in this situation?
800 mil is what jay has.

buffet is a multi billionaire dude.
 08-28-2012, 09:51 PM         #86
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sam Rothstein said:
Not knocking Jay-Z's hustle, but the deception was strong, and what do you expect when deception is used and people are debriefed?

i feel you. the business world is cutthroat tho.

#TheReturn said:
So let me get this right.

Jay Z only had to invest 1 million dollars of his money, to probably making 10x that amount back in less than 2 years. And we know Jay Z isn't doing this work for free. He won.

win win either way

face and name forever attached to a basketball team....and more players will want to come here strictly because of jay.

lets not act like jay and lebron don't do weird sh*t on the court.

[video - click to view]

don't be suprised if he ends up on the nets
 5 years ago '09        #87
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
Its not even a %, its a % of a %.

How did he get such a small share, did he get it when he bought a jersey?
 5 years ago '04        #88
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,466 | Props total: 2953 2953
 s7venwords said:
Hell yeah it was a blow, owning one-fifteenth of one percent is not owning the team it's going in with a sh*t load of other people. He got caught as you said flexin' his minor investment. I laughed when I found out it was only one-fifteenth of one percent.
Hes still going to make more money off this one-fifteenth of a percent than youll probably make in your life. Quit hating
 08-28-2012, 09:58 PM         #89
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Its not even a %, its a % of a %.

How did he get such a small share, did he get it when he bought a jersey?
yeah they sell million dollar jerseys apparently
 5 years ago '06        #90
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,530 | Props total: 950 950
using him to make more money
 5 years ago '11        #91
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,294 | Props total: 12595 12595
he wanted folks to thing he owned a major part notice his percentage of ownership his the only one release among artists who own teams...usher,nelly and others they never say how much they owe so if they own more than jay-z you know they have some bragging rights...but jigga man will be forever winning.
 5 years ago '04        #92
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,609 | Props total: 4062 4062
Does Usher still have a stake in the Cavs ?
 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM         #93
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Game375 said:
using him to make more money
Warren Buffett
Net Worth $44 BILLION As of March 2012

[video - click to view]

YES, I GUESS WARREN BUFFET, #3 ON THE WORLDS RICHEST PEOPLE, NEEDS BLACK FANS....THATS WHY FORBES IS USING JAY....BECAUSE THEY NEED BLACK FANS AND WARREN NEEDS MORE MONEY.

OBVIOUSLY, THEY'RE JUST DESPERATE MULTI WORLD CLASS $44 BILLIONAIRES.
 08-28-2012, 10:18 PM         #94
nc4life  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Spend a mill to bring the team to your home town, put in your club/restaurant, clothing store, and bar that sells your drank? Sounds like the n*gga came off to me??? He spent a million on 3 stores that thousands of people will encounter every night!! Location, location, location!! You now looking at one smart black boy!!
 08-28-2012, 10:19 PM         #95
nc4life  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fameus said:
Does Usher still have a stake in the Cavs ?
Nah he sold. Nelly got bought out his share of the Bobcats when Jordan bought out also.
 5 years ago '04        #96
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 Dos-effect said:
Regardless of his ownership he was the one who moved the team to Brooklyn.....his pecentage might be small but his influence is apparently priceless.
He didn't move sh*t to Brooklyn. That was all Ratner. And when it came time for the Russian to buy the team, Ratner sold out and that reduced JayZ's stake from 1/3rd of a percent to 1/15th.

Ratner and the crew, way back when, needed a local face to force feed this development project on the community (and it worked) but they were gonna do it with to without Hov.

For Ratner, Prokorov and the other stakeholders the JayZ thing was a case or right place/right time and right person to help transform the Nets image from a 70+ loss team to a cool a.ss squad.

And even though they got well more than they hoped from JayZ, you KNOW they somehow hoped that he would leverage his friendships with LeBron, Carmelo, etc to add some credibility to the teams roster.

No matter what, the Nets will be happy if they could even be the Clippers of NY, which is hard since the Knicks are already the east version of the Clippers.
 5 years ago '07        #97
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,593 | Props total: 1054 1054
his million dollar investment is really going to pay off this year. this year hes gonna bank.
 5 years ago '10        #98
AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,831 | Props total: 2221 2221
I don't see how this isn't a L for Jay?

People really think the fans or whoever will be buying Rocawear gear? lol

How many people you think will purchase that drink of his? lol

That sh*t is a loss. Jay talk big time and I tried to tell everybody..ever since Dame not in the picture no more..all of Jay business decisions are terrible with the exception of that management company for artists.

Edit: What''s the over under on how many months that 40/40 club stays open?

I say 11 lol
 08-28-2012, 11:04 PM         #99
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AriGold said:
I don't see how this isn't a L for Jay?

People really think the fans or whoever will be buying Rocawear gear? lol

How many people you think will purchase that drink of his? lol

That sh*t is a loss. Jay talk big time and I tried to tell everybody..ever since Dame not in the picture no more..all of Jay business decisions are terrible with the exception of that management company for artists.
n*gga armandale went out of business a long time ago

and yes, its mostly white people that have enough money for seats...if they like jay they will be wearing and throwing up roc

but true, with the exception of managing rihanna, meek mill, j cole, santigold, shakira, mark ronson, wale, MIA, melanie fiona, Becoming president of def jam, 40/40 clubs all over the US, growing to $500 million dollars, and marrying a bi*ch worth 300 million and many other ventures, i agree, huge L for jay.

he makes terrible business decisions.

this is why the poor stay poor and the rich stay richer.

cuz n*ggas could tell u a million times...but u gon do what the fu*k u want and believe what you want

if there are any nas stans in here, jay also signed nas and nas is pretty much a loser. Shelling out money he doesn't even have to a bi*ch that looks like a gargoyle x a gorilla x kreayshawn's ugly cousin x lady gaga on numerous amts of drugs. also having her tatted on his arm.

but yes, the close to billionaire man is a worthless business maker.

fu*kING LOSERS HOPE U ALL DIE.

but no stay alive, cuz i need fu*k boys like yall to keep hustling.

condoms on baby seats a.ss n*ggas
 08-28-2012, 11:12 PM         #100
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
investing a small amt means u are watching ur investment before u invest more. a mill is a lot to invest in a team like the THE fu*kING NEW JERSEY NETS.

if anything he's probably minimizing his influence.

dude had the pass to make a video in times square dissing jesus....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago