Jay-Z Wanted His Ownership Percentage Of Nets Kept Under Wraps

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-28-2012, 05:53 PM         #41
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hell i wish i could afford even that amount
 5 years ago '04        #42
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,173 | Props total: 890 890
dam I thought he owned more than a fraction of 1% but, im sure he owns more now...it says that was his original investment, meaning he prolly could have put more in later or sumthin...

either way who cares..other than -->
 08-28-2012, 05:58 PM         #43
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
i was pointing out his lies, dumbass
What was a lie though? He did pay to get closer to the heat......sarcasm fail
 5 years ago '11        #44
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,448 | Props total: 717 717
 Player 1 said:
I didn't and nobody i know didn't also.
we don't research things that doesn't matter. i didn't know till this article came out.

i would guess most people out of message boards didn't know this

indeed
i knew he only owned 1/15 of 1% because of a post on bx like 6 months ago

Skratch said:
Jay-z trys so hard to protect his brand, he pose to be a boss and he only own 1%
 08-28-2012, 06:07 PM         #45
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tic Toc said:
dam I thought he owned more than a fraction of 1% but, im sure he owns more now...it says that was his original investment, meaning he prolly could have put more in later or sumthin...

either way who cares..other than -->
Investing little when he did was smart, nets were garbage and weren't making no noise. Its even funny cause no one was clowning hov about his % back then, I have no memory of anyone bringing that sh*t up in any jay-z thread.... Now all these publicity for the team and the hate on some extra sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #46
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
 GameTheory said:
Yeah right.

He knew damn well he didn't want to be exposed for flexing.

Dude is still winning though. That expose must have been a shot to his ego though.
because it's only a million fu*king dollars

yeah his ego must be hurting like hell. the same amount that he wipes his baby's a.ss with is the same amount that got him a piece of the nets
 5 years ago '09        #47
The Bully 352 heat pts352
space
space
$48,413 | Props total: 35265 35265
 dlettern said:
What was a lie though? He did pay to get closer to the heat......sarcasm fail
i'm not a jay-z stan you lose again f*ggot
 5 years ago '10        #48
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
He basically payed a milly to get the real estate for his club, and sh*tty champagne.
 08-28-2012, 06:17 PM         #49
NILEVALLEY  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigjoshi2002 said:
What exactly does Jay-Z really OWN? It seems like to me most of his business is really just being the faced of a company that he doesn't own.
You just figured it out for yourself big dog. Jay Z owns very little of anything
 5 years ago '04        #50
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
Ive always known he owned that small a.ss portion but the average n*gga might not, and like somebody said, Jay flexes the sh*t like he put up 100M for the team and 40M for the arena. But he eating at the same table as the other owners so thats all that matters. Does Usher still own part of the Cavs?? And isnt there someone who owns part of the Grizz and someone else, part of the Bobcats??
 08-28-2012, 06:24 PM         #51
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he probably has more pull than you think
 5 years ago '04        #52
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 1039 1039
Is there such thing as a rocawear store as in... A store that sells nothing but rocawear?

I doubted my eyes when saw one near an army base overseas but i dont think i ever saw a rocawear store in nyc.

If its going to be anything like the sean john airport store in ATL...

Anyway can anyone with a million dollars pitch in to become a partner or investor in an NBA team just like that? Think about that before yall hate.

Its about being able to a.ssociate oneself with higher tax bracket n*ggaz that can open doors to more opportunity. If he has to be the monkey in da front, hov is never the one to shy away from that kinda opportunity.

The other investors clearly see certain value in jiggaman other than his money - like they needed that last push of one million dollars to close financing lol.

In the "excuse me miss" video which came out around the time of nets investment he made it seem like his other multiracial partners were waiting on His final signature and applaud him for closing the deal. fu*kery like that ignites n*ggaz to hate on him and i can understand that, but a mans ego is nothing to be ashamed of imo. Every real n*gga needs certain dosage of ego...

Last edited by xbossxplayax; 08-28-2012 at 06:39 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #53
DollarBillYall 
space
space
space
$632 | Props total: 26 26
You guys are idiots .. its called exaggerating.. thats a big part of rap.. every minute, every day , every line! Any when it come to shareholders... it doesn't matter if you're the holder of 50% or .00000000001 % ... You are still part owner. Boxden is filled with idiot haters who try and find a way to hate on someone. Even if it was 15% that he owned you guys would still say the same thing. If he owned 45% you'd all still be saying the same sh*t like "he doesn't even own 51%... he can't make final decisions HAHAHA"... fu*k yalls hater a.ss lives! #retarded
 5 years ago '10        #54
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
n*ggas knew this... if you over 21 i think you knew this. It was said when during the purchase, might have been in the article of XXL with the "Carter Administration", and i think it was said on 60 min.

They using jay for his fame/clout... like xbossxplayax and others said.
 5 years ago '04        #55
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,599 | Props total: 369 369
Jay-Z couldnt fire the towel boy from that team. But technically an owner is an owner.. He might not have any power but he is still a owner... but he can stop saying my own and say our or i got a piece of.. which is true..

Guess what boxden... You are talking to the Owner of Sprint... Im sitting on a bunch of their stock so I guess I will start saying I own that too... lol
 08-28-2012, 07:21 PM         #56
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Account001 said:
n*ggas knew this... if you over 21 i think you knew this. It was said when during the purchase, might have been in the article of XXL with the "Carter Administration", and i think it was said on 60 min.

They using jay for his fame/clout... like xbossxplayax and others said.
u might be right ye stan.

but...this is why jay has hella pull.

hes probably going to put more stock in it if the team is worth it...especially now that their in his HOMETOWN...............
 08-28-2012, 07:23 PM         #57
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if his investment at least goes to 115%, he's def going to invest more....

its just going to triple his fu*king money

and he will be a billionarie by 2015

stock 101, ******s, invest some....it grows a bit and u see potential, invest more.

lmao @ doubting jay's business sense when he's in the top 1% bracket.........
 5 years ago '08        #58
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,028 | Props total: 5088 5088
Man I'll take his percent, I probably own less then that in Comcast but I own it and it makes me a profit for rainy days so fu*k it.
 5 years ago '06        #59
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,842 | Props total: 1755 1755
 WCIB said:
This is BS. I've known for years how much he owns of the Nets and so did many other people...
Did you know what percentage he owned? I dont think you read much of the article
 5 years ago '05        #60
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,242 | Props total: 9646 9646
 Player 1 said:
I didn't and nobody i know didn't also.
we don't research things that doesn't matter. i didn't know till this article came out.

i would guess most people out of message boards didn't know this

indeed
research? who researched anything... it was well known what his ownership stake was. just because YOU didn't know doesn't mean the information wasn't available.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy