Lupe Fiasco Says He's A Fan Of Kendrick Lamar But Doesn't Want A Collaboration

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
Yung C 
space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 33 33
 PotheadFocker said:
brah, that's cool and all... Im a kendrick fan..BEEN listening for a long time now...

and trust me, his little thing is cool, BUT as a black man, that see's the destruction of our culture and people on a daily basis... LUPES message speaks volumes to me, It's crazy how he catches flack for his craft...

kendrick just has a hell of a flow, and he knows how to connect to this generations of ppl.. In 5years it'll be someone else..

Lupe sh*t is TIMELESS... i have sh*t from him from 2005 that's still sick and relevant today.
 5 years ago '11        #82
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,330 | Props total: 8466 8466
 Yung C said:
brah, that's cool and all... Im a kendrick fan..BEEN listening for a long time now...

and trust me, his little thing is cool, BUT as a black man, that see's the destruction of our culture and people on a daily basis... LUPES message speaks volumes to me, It's crazy how he catches flack for his craft...

kendrick just has a hell of a flow, and he knows how to connect to this generations of ppl.. In 5years it'll be someone else..

Lupe sh*t is TIMELESS... i have sh*t from him from 2005 that's still sick and relevant today.
Thats cool and all, but its just your opinion. Lupe used to say stuff in his songs, American Terrorist was the sh*t. And you see flashes of it (Words I Never Said) but Lupe has fell off quite a bit and he isn't really smart he just pretends to be, he couldn't articulate anything when he went on Fox News to see O-Reilly, looked like a damn fool.
 5 years ago '04        #83
Yung C 
space
space
$1,370 | Props total: 33 33
 PotheadFocker said:
Thats cool and all, but its just your opinion. Lupe used to say stuff in his songs, American Terrorist was the sh*t. And you see flashes of it (Words I Never Said) but Lupe has fell off quite a bit and he isn't really smart he just pretends to be, he couldn't articulate anything when he went on Fox News to see O-Reilly, looked like a damn fool.
Indeed! BUT, I would credit a large amount of his "fall-off" to the hoops he's had to jump thru just to get his projects out... His lyrics are still there, still going over your head if you're not really listening... its the "presentation" (beats) that are changing peoples minds about Lu'...

and I can say the same thing about kendrick.. "swimming pools"?? a.sscheeks. "The recipe".. ehhh. without that Dr. Dre co-sign this wouldn't even be a debate honestly
 5 years ago '11        #84
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
Not everyone who is smart is a articulate speaker. To say Lupe isn't smart is foolishness. I've saw that nonsense catch on around here lately..lol. You don't write songs like Hurt Me Soul, Streets on Fire, Put You on Game, Failure, Dumb it Down, Glory etc, & not be smart. It's just not possible bruh..
He is smart enough to craft songs yes but he doesn't have the answers, he is a pseduo-intellectual that makes songs with political undertones and people praise him like he is changing the world

EDIT: To you and the other guy, I been a fan of Lupe for years, I just think Kendrick is good. Lupe has 2 close to classic CDs and Kendrick has 2 tapes that are close to classic (in my opinion)

Last edited by PotheadFocker; 08-28-2012 at 09:25 PM..
 08-28-2012, 09:24 PM         #85
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PotheadFocker said:

as previously stated, too fu*king robotic.
 5 years ago '11        #86
space
space
 Minister said:

as previously stated, too fu*king robotic.
You are a fu*king idiot that no one takes serious so step up outta here, I'm trying to have a conversation with grownups
 5 years ago '11        #87
space
space
 Yung C said:
Indeed! BUT, I would credit a large amount of his "fall-off" to the hoops he's had to jump thru just to get his projects out... His lyrics are still there, still going over your head if you're not really listening... its the "presentation" (beats) that are changing peoples minds about Lu'...

and I can say the same thing about kendrick.. "swimming pools"?? a.sscheeks. "The recipe".. ehhh. without that Dr. Dre co-sign this wouldn't even be a debate honestly
This whole post speaks to the fu*kery of major labels as a whole.... I do like the 2 KDot songs you mentioned tho.

At the end of the day, its all opinion anyways
 08-28-2012, 09:37 PM         #88
Butterz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I never understood the hype with Lupe, dude is trash compared to nas,Wu tang, beans,jadakiss etc.......
 5 years ago '07        #89
bx kid 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,210 | Props total: 1269 1269
I really neva could get into lupe.. imma try again tho, wats his best album?
 08-28-2012, 10:02 PM         #90
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PotheadFocker said:
You are a fu*king idiot that no one takes serious so step up outta here, I'm trying to have a conversation with grownups

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #91
druberkley 3 heat pts
space
space
$581 | Props total: 290 290
its sad, kendrick came along and does songs in the spirit of what lupe use to do better then he's doing now, lupe lost it and he knows it
 5 years ago '05        #92
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
Lupe just doesn't want to hop on a collab, body Kendrick Lamar, and taint his career. That's what I took from it, Lamar shows promise, but he aint fu*kin with Lupe.
 08-28-2012, 10:39 PM         #93
IronManStarks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
real talk i still got respect for Lupe to this day
 5 years ago '08        #94
returnofthemack 2 heat pts
space
space
$740 | Props total: 2 2
 ballergenetics said:
Hardly...lol
What he said makes sense. Why when every new artist comes along (thats dope) do rappers feel the need to collaborate with them. Sometimes you gotta let them do their own thing.
PREACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5 years ago '10        #95
TruRoux 88 heat pts88
space
space
$3,870 | Props total: 997 997
 knowlege bass said:
I think Lu just giving that answer to take the pressure off of forcing anything. I am not an artist but I dont think doing collabs is an easy thing based to do given schedules and lawyers. I also doubt Lu is scared, dude has a massive ego when it comes to his craft, if anything he probably thinks he would destroy him so bad it wouldnt be a good look for Kendrick. On top of that he already went on a track with a legend and although I love both verses I thought Lupe's was slightly better.
This is the most sensible post I have read in this thread. Not saying I disagreeing with opinions, this is just the most likely reasoning.

Pressure is one of my fav lupe tracks and I still think jay's verse is one of his better verses since the grammy family freestyle. Lupe got him on that. Dude just rapped about trousers and jeans, boxers, etc. So no, lupe aint afraid of sh*t.

Altho I am a fan of both k. dot and lupe.....they are both immensely talented but they can be hit or miss sometimes. If they did manage to sort out a collabo I wouldnt be surprised if it was on some weird jazzy chanting type neo-rap bullsh*t that I aint tryna hear. #nocollabneeded
 5 years ago '07        #96
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
Maybe Lupe doesn't do features because other rappers think they'll lose all their fans in a second if they got Lupe on there spittin about princess unicorns, hope rainbows, cybertronic mastermind robots, and sh*t.

It's all about getting an artist that will get your track play, and unfortunately [blank] feat. Lupe Fiasco will not give you nearly as much play as [blank] feat. LiL Wayne, Young Jeezy, Drake, Nicki Minaj, 2 Chainz.

Lupe has respect for Kendrick, what is wrong with that?

The thing is nobody would KNOW when they got bodied on a track by Lupe. He'd be on some triple theme metaphorical sh*t and nobody would know except Lupe heads.
 08-28-2012, 11:58 PM         #97
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lupe is boring.
 5 years ago '05        #98
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
from what i understand, if lupe doesn't know you personally and/or consider you a friend a chance of a feature is 0, and even then, its really how he feels at the time its presented to him... its weird, but true
 5 years ago '09        #99
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,829 | Props total: 1042 1042
I'd rather hear a Blu collab

FYI Blu n exile performing for free at stussy
Store here in la . This Saturday
 5 years ago '11        #100
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 241 241
lupe is so fu*kin weird
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy