Andrew Luck explains why he does fewer ads than RG3

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #1
6310 pageviews
56 comments

Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
Andrew Luck explains why he does fewer ads than RG3

[pic - click to view]

Robert Griffin III is everywhere. He's in national ads for Adidas, Subway and Gatorade. There is a 74-foot tall image of Griffin looming over Washington D.C.

Even the Redskins have got into the act, printing T-shirts of Griffin and Andrew Luck for this Saturday's rookie "QB showdown

While Griffin is everywhere, Andrew Luck is in Indianapolis. Luck chose not to pursue national marketing opportunities before his rookie season. His profile also will be lower because the Colts will be featured on national television only one time all season. The Redskins are consistently a good national draw.

Bob Kravitz of The Indianapolis Star wrote about Luck's choice to eschew some early cash, and we echo his point that there is no right way to "market" yourself. Both players should do whatever they want.

Luck put it well.

"I really didn't have much time," he said. "And I wanted to make sure I had time to handle the stuff that mattered, whether it was moving into an apartment, finishing school or learning the playbook. There was so much going on, I figured the less time I spent promoting myself or doing ads, the better for me. I figured I'd wait and hopefully, at some point, a big fish will come along.'

"And really, to each his own. I don't necessarily think my way is the right way. It's what's best for each person. It's fun to see Robert capitalizing on his situation."

The rookie wage scale lowered Luck's first contract, but it's not like the guy is starving.

"I'm living fine right now," he said. "I'll focus now on football, and maybe after the season is over, we'll pursue some other opportunities, maybe something in the Silicon Valley. But for now, the time isn't right."

As preseason games go, Saturday's Redskins-Colts showdown is tough to top. It will be even better when the two face off in a game that counts. By then, we're sure Luck will be in plenty of ads.

[pic - click to view]

Andrew Luck explains why he does fewer ads than RG3 - NFL.com
Lurker gave props

56 comments for "Andrew Luck explains why he does fewer ads than RG3"

5 years ago '12        #2
SDC17 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,056 | Props total: 593 593
"I really didn't have much time," he said. "And I wanted to make sure I had time to handle the stuff that mattered"

Shots fired!!!!
Lurker gave props

5 years ago '04        #3
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,890 | Props total: 8226 8226
Luck and Cam gonna rule this league for years. RG3 is a bust waiting to happen. Dude has yet to throw a regular season pass and has ads all over the television. sh*t is sickening.
Lurker gave props

5 years ago '05        #4
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
In other words, some n*ggas aint built like the last years #1 pick who can swag it out on T.V and still break records on the field..

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #5
Matrix 52 heat pts52 OP
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
 ghettofied said:
Luck and Cam gonna rule this league for years. RG3 is a bust waiting to happen. Dude has yet to throw a regular season pass and has ads all over the television. sh*t is sickening.

RG3 is more marketable than Cam and Luck...coming out of college.

[pic - click to view]

08-25-2012, 10:14 AM         #6
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RG3 is not more marketable than cam...
 5 years ago '07        #7
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,626 | Props total: 3273 3273
 ghettofied said:

You are the definition of a bi*ch. Always salty as sh*t whenever anything about the Skins comes up, clown a.ss
 5 years ago '05        #8
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
 Ward22 said:
I think RG3's game is more flashier. However when it comes to marketability, it's a balance between that and the look..

Cam is not an ugly man(lets be honest, we know an ugly n*gga when we see one). Cam has a movie star face. Only reason why he'd be more marketable, even if RG3 and Cam produced the same on the field, and even despite the fact that RG3 plays for a more prolific and historical franchise.
 5 years ago '07        #9
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
because he has a weird voice
 5 years ago '04        #10
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Wasn't luck late out of school? That situation alone means he didn't have much time to get setup with getting the play book, apartment, etc. no shots fired, he pretty much saying his situation didn't call for him to do a lot of endorsements. Nothing wrong with RG3 or any high profile rookie doing them.
 08-25-2012, 10:42 AM         #11
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn Luck sounds
 5 years ago '11        #12
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
Lol at that finishing school shot
 5 years ago '12        #13
Fresh.E 65 heat pts65
space
space
$17,463 | Props total: 4683 4683
 Matrix said:
RG3 is more marketable than Cam and Luck...coming out of college.

[pic - click to view]

No, I'd rather see cam then RG III [][]

Cam got the style and the winning ability. Dude makes everything he does look amazing. He is "swagged" out.
 5 years ago '04        #14
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,478 | Props total: 16300 16300
Luck better learn he needs to make as much money as possible right now.. rookie contract aren't what they use to be.

5 years ago '11        #15
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 FreshMatic said:
No, I'd rather see cam then RG III [][]

Cam got the style and the winning ability. Dude makes everything he does look amazing. He is "swagged" out.
coming out of college most talking heads thought Cam was a thug who was being paid under the table and boosting laptops he wasn't as marketable as uncle tom rg3 coming out of college.
 5 years ago '06        #16
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 8920 8920
 all3rd said:
luck vs rg 3 on nfl network this afternoon
tonight its going to be ham!!!!
 5 years ago '07        #17
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
Cam wasn't half as marketable as RGIII coming out of college.

His NFL draft experience was surrounded by his collegiate allegations, and having everyone tell him and the Panthers that they would have to "settle," for him since Luck opted to remain in school.

RGIII has been squeaky clean so far, and attempts(I a.ssume it's genuine) to be down to earth, and appeal to common folk.

Now will RGIII come close to producing Cam's rookie #'s? I'm voting no.
 5 years ago '04        #18
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 Phonk$ said:
A lot of people hated Cam last year coming out of college because his dad, so I think RG3 is a little more marketable... In the long run, Cam no doubt.
 5 years ago '05        #19
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,385 | Props total: 8064 8064
 Phonk$ said:
vikings alabama and celtics fan u all over the place
Lurker gave props

08-25-2012, 12:27 PM         #20
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TattooedMPsz said:
vikings alabama and celtics fan u all over the place
you wanna know why?

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
23 hours ago