Video inside Shawty Lo in a casket @ Blue Flame
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor has another big announcement
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ShawtyLo's Daughter Is Pissed That people posted ShawtyLo Wake Pics On..
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-13-2005, 12:15 PM         #1
5279 pageviews
13 comments

LOOSE_CANNON!!! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Review: DJ Kay Slay/Juelz Santana - Mic Check

DJ Kay Slay/Juelz Santana – Mic Check

The Drama King takes off from the explosive 2005 Live with Mic Check, aptly titled for Juelz Santana’s new block burning track. While “Mic Check” is the real treat on this disc, Mic Check is also a preview of Juelz highly anticipated Back Like Cooked Crack 2: More Crack. Crack refers not only to Santana’s street-creepin’ past but also the style the man possesses. Many have took a while to get hooked on this type of crack, even yours truly (how could anyone truly front on his debut? Nearly everyone did). Well, with Juelz spittin’ more crack than Rick James in his heyday he won’t have to worry about that now. The mix CD opens up with the charismatic emcee razzle-dazzling Slim Thug’s “Like a Boss,” while Kay Slay’s nextman Papoose steals the show with a burner on the next track (“I hustle all night / My girl said I need rest ya head / I told her ‘naw, I can get enough sleep when I’m dead’ / These young rappers tryin’ to be what I said / But my veins is older than yours, everything you bleedin’ I’ve bled.”). Damn. The best of the freestyles happens to be Black Rob’s gems over some Life After death beats. Now Black Rob is spittin’ some real crack. You’ve got to love the direction Bad Boy is going on: Aasim, Black Rob, G-Dep, Boyz In Da Hood, Eightball & MJG, Mase, and P. Diddy. Not bad.

Next up, 50 Cent, with a new banger…it’s more lady-driven stuff, but the 40’s Al Capone (The Massacre foolz) backdrop is knockin’. Not sure if this is a new track or what due to all the phony tracklistings plaguing the net right now. Still waiting on a new 50 Cent joint where he actually talks about runnin’ dudes sh*t, takin’ their chain, pullin’ the mac 1-8 on ‘em and so on. It’ll come. Ja Rule is an angry dude, and the more people are makin’ fun of this cat I’m havin’ more respect for him for stayin’ in this game. Him and Black Child join Dipset over a remix of Ashanti’s “Only U,” which should appeal to both sistas and brothas alike. I didn’t like “Where I’m From” on The Documentary, but the added Dre verse changes my opinion. The new Ruff Ryders track is hot to def, the k!ller Mike and M.O.P. make a dangerous combo, the rock-riff-driven Main-O and soulful Posta Boy tracks are good looks, but Mic Check is all about Juelz. Along with a few Hot 97 radio exclusives, Juelz runs through various beats. None better than the introspective “People Use to Say,” which is an ill cover of Jay-Z’s “You Must Love Me.” Most of y’all have heard Santana’s remake to “You Don’t Know Me,” but this one features the T.I.P. in the flesh. I could’ve done without some of the unsigned hype and played Fifty freestyle toward the end, but “Yall Ain’t Gangsta” has some of the funniest one-liners of the year (unintentionally?) while Middlemen’s Motown-influenced “Baby” and the electronic-dance floor boogie “Drink It” with J.R. are worth the price of admission. Streetsweepers is here to stay.

2.5 clips (In the Deck)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.mixtapesone.co .. catalog/id.996

13 comments for "Review: DJ Kay Slay/Juelz Santana - Mic Check"

02-13-2005, 12:36 PM         #2
foshozies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who the fu*k reviews mixtapes

and who the fu*k cares about the review of a mixtape....

worthless post.....cut ur wrists
 02-13-2005, 12:44 PM         #3
Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 foshozies said:
who the fu*k reviews mixtapes

and who the fu*k cares about the review of a mixtape....

worthless post.....cut ur wrists
actual LOL
 12 years ago '04        #4
Waverly 
space
space
$988 | Props total: 0 0
good review keep doin this with new sh*t that comes out man i proped ya
 02-13-2005, 09:45 PM         #5
LOOSE_CANNON!!! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
word good looks...that Graphic cat used to be cool in my book but I showed him a bunch of pics of girls I banged and he started hating the next day so go figure...

12 years ago '04        #6
mprnc2000 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 447 447
^^^^ yea keep posting this crack. Never pay attention to Graphic. I think he hate his self at times
 12 years ago '04        #7
Ea$e 
space
space
$6,362 | Props total: 256 256
^^ That was actually funny to me.

Props.
 02-14-2005, 09:35 AM         #8
Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mprnc2000 said:
^^^^ yea keep posting this crack. Never pay attention to Graphic. I think he hate his self at times
My Number 1 Groupie^^^^^^
 02-14-2005, 09:36 AM         #9
Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LOOSE_CANNON!!! said:
word good looks...that Graphic cat used to be cool in my book but I showed him a bunch of pics of girls I banged and he started hating the next day so go figure...

lol @ u

dont be mad cuz your wasting your time reviewing mixtapes lol

lol @ me hating on you lol

youre NOBODY kiddo
 02-14-2005, 08:41 PM         #10
LOOSE_CANNON!!! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wasting my time but im getting free mixtapes before u can even think of getting the "ripped" version online...Graphic ur alright as far as a hip-hop fan who can find the information...but as a person ur a 2-faced prick...

thats all
 02-15-2005, 06:22 AM         #11
Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LOOSE_CANNON!!! said:
wasting my time but im getting free mixtapes before u can even think of getting the "ripped" version online...Graphic ur alright as far as a hip-hop fan who can find the information...but as a person ur a 2-faced prick...

thats all
WOW

youre getting FREE mixtapes (that are just PROMOS anyway) lol

and i can get free mixtapes too (i did for the past 4 years from P Cutta)

only mixtapes i actually get are whoo kids (and u already know that)

smh
 02-15-2005, 08:53 PM         #12
LOOSE_CANNON!!! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yup we used to converse about hiphop and sirius and then when i started talkin about chicks w/ u u started to ignore haha..

what does that say fruitcake
 02-16-2005, 07:57 PM         #13
LOOSE_CANNON!!! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major key galore
47 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Having an ‘ugly friend’ makes you more attractive, study claims
24 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Info On Investing In 'Trees By Game'
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The greatest drone EVER !?
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Kid Cudi - Surfin' ft. Pharrell Williams
75 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MLB Most Talented Baseball player you've since since the turn of the century?
90 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside 50 Cent - Ooouuu (Remix) ft. Young M.A
178 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy