Greatest Diss of All Time? (poll)

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
171 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
124 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Greatest Diss of All Time?
2 Pac - Hit Em Up 198 34.86%
Nas - Ether 212 37.32%
Ice Cube - No Vasaline 38 6.69%
Jay-Z - Takeover 33 5.81%
50 Cent - Back Down 10 1.76%
The Game - 300 Bars 14 2.46%
Eazy-E - Real Muthafuckin G's 22 3.87%
Dr. Dre/Snoop Dogg - Dre Day 4 0.70%
Other, Specify In Thread 37 6.51%
Voters: 568. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #61
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,560 | Props total: 9464 9464
 WCIB said:
Oh no...you got me twisted. It's okay to disagree. But it's also okay for one to laugh or even be disgusted by someone's opinion. An opinion can be wildly educated and eloquent and then they can be uneducated and stupid. I'll laugh at those. Is it taking it too far? YES! But I admit my faults. I love discourse, but forgive me for finding comedy in ignorance before going on to great discussion.

Now, your argument that it's the bigger song is true. But since we clearly disagree on what's best, then answer me this. Do you like bravado and facts in your disses? Hit 'Em Up has that (even though the 'facts' have been disputed). So let's talk about 'Ether'. Did Nas birth Jay's style? Him calling him a tae bo hoe isn't corny? I Roc hoes, y'all Roc fellas isn't childish? All of that, and I STILL think Ether is number 2 on the list... I'll let other people talk about the damage each diss did the dissee.
Yeah sure it's fine for you to laugh at an opinion. But is an opinion that hit em up isn't the best diss really uneducated and stupid or ignorant if the person can clearly tells you why he thinks it isn't >all those disses? No. If someone were saying a diss by like soulja boy or something is better than hit em up you would have a point.

Yes facts, as well as witty disses, and I agree completely on ether. I have the same opinion on ether that I do on hit em up. I think they both are riddled with corny/childish lines and unfactual claims more so for ether. So I also think ether is overrated as far as disses go because I don't think it should be anywhere close to 2nd, but again people have their set in stone opinion that ether is the best diss from that beef some having that opinion simply because it won the poll vs super ugly before they listened to hip hop. Again in my opinion ether/hit em up would make a k!lling on a school rap battle as far as crowd laughs go. But blueprint 2 coming with facts > ether making childish comments about jay's looks.

My point for damage was a diss that has weight can seriously damage someones career like ja rule 50 cent/eminem beef, those disses practically ended ja rules career.
 5 years ago '05        #62
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 9646 9646
 dOwnByLaw310 said:
:xcmon son:

That was my attempt at illogical, regional, half-truth telling...
 5 years ago '05        #63
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 9646 9646
 whothebestmc said:
Yeah sure it's fine for you to laugh at an opinion. But is an opinion that hit em up isn't the best diss really uneducated and stupid or ignorant? No. If someone were saying a diss by like soulja boy or something is better than hit em up you would have a point.

Yes facts, as well as witty disses, and I agree completely on ether. I have the same opinion on ether that I do on hit em up. I think they both are riddled with corny/childish lines more so for ether. So I also think ether is overrated as far as disses go because I don't think it should be anywhere close to 2nd, but again people have their set in stone opinion that ether is the best diss from that beef some having that opinion simply because it won the poll vs super ugly before they listened to hip hop. Again in my opinion ether/hit em up would make a k!lling on a school rap battle as far as crowd laughs go. But blueprint 2 coming with facts > ether making childish comments about jay's looks.

My point for damage was a diss that has weight can seriously damage someones career like ja rule 50 cent/eminem beef, those disses practically ended ja rules career.
it might not be stupid, but it is ignorant. Ignorant can be such a strong term. It can simply mean that you don't know what you're taking about, and I can laugh at some of the choices made in Hit Em Up's stead. But like I said, I know I'm wrong for laughing, but it won't stop me from finding humor in things. Life has been tough. That's how I am.

I think our criteria for a good diss track are the same...or similar enough. The problem is our disagreements on the actual subject matter in the song. You're right about songs ending careers having more weight... But n*ggas are dead! The ultimate career ender lol... And fu*king another man's wife then going at an entire coast? Insane balls on that man. And you're right about Ether, I have it at number 2 because of its staying power in that it's being used in conversations to this day... It may be overblown but it's real.
 08-24-2012, 03:50 AM         #64
Trendsetter305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ether
 5 years ago '05        #65
hanzo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,960 | Props total: 1428 1428

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #66
illmatic45ACP 9 heat pts
space
space
$831 | Props total: 36 36
didnt read any other post in this thread. So I don't know if this has been posted yet. Hit 'Em Up isnt even Pac's best diss track. Against all Odds is. Everytime I listen to Hit "em Up, it sounds rushed. Sounded like something he put together in a few minutes.

Pac told you himself in Against all Odds, "This is the true-est sh!t I ever spoke" Pac went in on that track.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by illmatic45ACP; 08-24-2012 at 05:27 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #67
Kade 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 4185 4185
Ones i was thinking of arn't up here... THat jada CHeckmate... That eminem... all of em. THat Drake good riddance. Hit em up was dope and so was ether. My dood Cube went in to. I can't pick.
 08-24-2012, 05:47 AM         #68
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First off, Ether>>>>>>
But not including that:

The Em disses were good, but the craziest one to me was probably

[video - click to view]

That sh*t was getting radio play I remember hearing it on the radio and was like

But to me, the best diss would have to be any song off the T.I - Urban Legend album. Never have I seen a promising career end so quickly. And I liked Lil Flip

But ALL of T.I's songs were getting heavy radio play, and the videos were #1 for weeks
And this is before internet took over

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

After that album, it seemed like he was taking subliminal shots at him in all his songs. Including one of my favorite songs of all time.

[video - click to view]

What You Know >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by kevante; 08-24-2012 at 05:51 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #69
Joeh171 
space
space
$473 | Props total: 154 154
eminem nail in the coffin
Royce da 5'9" Who got bodied
2pac hit em up
Jayz - Takeover
 08-24-2012, 06:35 AM         #70
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

SOOO underrated...
 5 years ago '07        #71
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,083 | Props total: 1523 1523
Hit em Up became the best diss track within the first five seconds lol

die tonight by ransom goes hard imo, I still bump it

buddens diss to ran was ight but didn't seem as genuine as ran's diss

ether was #2 to me tho

I also think the list should have had songs like Checkmate by Jada dissin 50 and beans disses jada on the put ya hands up beat

No vasiline goes hard too tho! atfer the first two obvious choices, picking a third would be the hardest thing to do
 5 years ago '10        #72
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 WCIB said:
Oh no...you got me twisted. It's okay to disagree. But it's also okay for one to laugh or even be disgusted by someone's opinion. An opinion can be wildly educated and eloquent and then they can be uneducated and stupid. I'll laugh at those. Is it taking it too far? YES! But I admit my faults. I love discourse, but forgive me for finding comedy in ignorance before going on to great discussion.

Now, your argument that it's the bigger song is true. But since we clearly disagree on what's best, then answer me this. Do you like bravado and facts in your disses? Hit 'Em Up has that (even though the 'facts' have been disputed). So let's talk about 'Ether'. Did Nas birth Jay's style? Him calling him a tae bo hoe isn't corny? I Roc hoes, y'all Roc fellas isn't childish? All of that, and I STILL think Ether is number 2 on the list... I'll let other people talk about the damage each diss did the dissee.
He must have heard the Jay-z line on Hit'em Up, maybe thats why he is so biased towards Pac. But feelings got caught appearently...
 08-24-2012, 07:16 AM         #73
jbownzino 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Takeover was whack
 5 years ago '11        #74
space
space
 WCIB said:
it might not be stupid, but it is ignorant. Ignorant can be such a strong term. It can simply mean that you don't know what you're taking about, and I can laugh at some of the choices made in Hit Em Up's stead. But like I said, I know I'm wrong for laughing, but it won't stop me from finding humor in things. Life has been tough. That's how I am.

I think our criteria for a good diss track are the same...or similar enough. The problem is our disagreements on the actual subject matter in the song. You're right about songs ending careers having more weight... But n*ggas are dead! The ultimate career ender lol... And fu*king another man's wife then going at an entire coast? Insane balls on that man. And you're right about Ether, I have it at number 2 because of its staying power in that it's being used in conversations to this day... It may be overblown but it's real.
Ignorant is a strong term and rightfully so; Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated is the definition of ignorant. Simply not agreeing that a song like hit em up is the best diss of all time isn't ignorant or anywhere close. Laughing is fine whether it is ignorant or not, people find humor in different things.

The thing about that is, tupac and biggie went on to become bigger than they were while alive, they became immortalized in hip hop because of their deaths. Hit em up was extremely ballsy and tupac always was in his music. But a lyrical diss> a ballsy one imo. The claims that tupac was going to k!ll biggie or anyone else from hit em up are pretty generic disses that even tupac knew weren't going to happen. See you are looking at disses from that perspective, adding relevance, popularity, and staying power on top of everything. I don't think those apply to diss records as much as you appear to.

As far as fu*king his wife, jay did plenty of diss verses about him fu*king nas's ex, that were more witty and lyrical than the way pac did it which is a better diss to me.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #75
space
space
 uddart said:
He must have heard the Jay-z line on Hit'em Up, maybe thats why he is so biased towards Pac. But feelings got caught appearently...
Your perception of me is comical, just because I don't think tupac is the goat and that jay z is a better rapper you a.ssume I hate tupac for some reason. No in fact I have almost every tupac album on my computer/ipod, and hold him in high regards when it comes to rap.

As far as the jay diss, most people haven't even heard that version since tupac decided to cut it out. In fact I would have preferred that have been the official version and them not remove it because that would have made it a slightly better diss, and maybe jay would have released his pac diss.

and like someone else said hit em up isn't even tupac's best diss.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 08-24-2012 at 07:42 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #76
Moyo420 37 heat pts37
space
space
$1,312 | Props total: 35 35
wheres i use to love her?
 5 years ago '09        #77
Two Five Design 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 16 16
Gillie Da Kid - Frontin Like Ya Daddy

08-24-2012, 08:17 AM         #78
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
personally, I think the best disses are cemented in the truth. Insults to how a man looks are kind of dumb to me. 2 Pac actually fu*king Faith Evans....won. Jay-Z actually fu*king Nas' baby momma...I mean, that stuff ...you can't beat. It's like, I fu*ked a dude's girl and his sister....nothing he says to me matters anymore. I won by default.

BUT, I recognize that most people don't think like me, so 2 Pac easily won.
 5 years ago '12        #79
gizzle 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 830 830
no vaseline cuz cube straight up started the disembowelment comeback

I couldnt wait to see how he would respond to the disses on Message to B.A
then he waits until the final track "oh i forgot something...." and rips each one to pieces
tha truth hurtzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gang-banged by your manager, fella,
gettin' money out your a.ss, like a mothafu*kin' Ready Teller.
Givin' up the dollar bills,
now they got the Villain with a purse and high-heels.
--------------------------
Tryin' to sound like Amerikkka's Most, you could yell all day but you don't come close.

not to say NWAs album wasnt classic and NAS is a close 2nd - for the same reasons
 5 years ago '12        #80
gizzle 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 830 830
oh yah and I would add too shorts get in where you fit in verse where he disses pooh man
always k!lls me

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
92 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
24 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
185 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy