Spin Magazine DISSES LUPE FIASCO (Lupe Fiasco responds)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #61
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
 Jeezydasnowman said:
Holy crap guys
 5 years ago '07        #62
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,621 | Props total: 2468 2468
fu*k spin magazine..lupe would get hated on by some lame white muthafu*ka for a great track and an amazing video
 5 years ago '04        #63
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,798 | Props total: 1812 1812
 C.R.I.P. said:
And now you're trying to criticize somebody who is emotionally invested in their art. Dude is clearly making a conscious effort to expose all the bullsh*t aspect of the culture, so I'm sure it's upsetting as hell when people write it off as half-assed attempt.

Yeah pretty much, men are not suppose to be that concerned about what other men think of them.

It's one thing to be emotionally invested in your art, it's another thing to be emotionally invested in someone else's opinion.

Hate and criticism come with the territory , the way Lupe responds to things like this make it seem like he actually expected everyone to be all on his dyck like he's the savior of rap or something.

honestly, bottom line is dude is a cry baby AND a hypocrite, when someone wants to do their job and critique his art, it's a problem, but when fans want to criticize bullshyt like Lasers or call him a disgrace for doing a tribe tribute without bothering to memorize the lyrics then he goes ape shyt and starts telling fans to get off their high horse.

How does that make any sense ?? it's obvious dude is full of himself.
 5 years ago '10        #64
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,207 | Props total: 11047 11047
Song aint that dope but he has diehard fans....
 08-24-2012, 02:16 PM         #65
GURU718  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WordOnThaStreet said:

[pic - click to view]

some random homo jew wrote the article, fuk him and his rabbi

corporate has the trolls on payroll to try and combat the message being put out
 08-24-2012, 03:27 PM         #66
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Flying Jesus said:

[pic - click to view]

if n*ggaz stopped saving these hoes he wouldnt have this problem! ps lupe fiasco is a smart dumb n*gga. the breakfast club destroyed him.
U HEARD ME!!!

yea i agree to the bold...cuz u know how the macks do it...but lupe my n*gga regardless so...but bi*ch bad wild helpful to all of us all men worldwide and all black women who aint sh*t but THEY NOT GON LISTEN.

I NEEDA PEEP THAT INTERVIEW THO...THEY DESTROYED THE EDITOR OR LUPE?
 5 years ago '04        #67
ddubb21 
space
space
$2,140 | Props total: 4 4
whoever said lupe is a smart dumb n*gga hit it head on.

and he's oversensitive
 5 years ago '04        #68
Kliq 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,116 | Props total: 12121 12121
I don't understand what's wrong with a hip hop artist trying to touch on subjects that are often over looked. Lupe makes you really sit back and think about what he's saying, he's one of the few rappers that can put emotion in his songs while delivering a positive (or at least thought provoking) message.

As far as this whole issue goes, Lupe thought it was important enough to address. If that's what he wants to do, let him. Those of you who disagree with Lupe complaining are coming into this thread and doing the same thing.

At the end of the day, with all the bullsh*t Lupe has gone through, he still has one of the best discographies of any relevant rapper in the game. And he's done a lot of that with very little help, you won't see Lupe with 10 guest rappers on his album, dude holds his own.

Hip Hop needs F&L2.
 5 years ago '12        #69
Free Trotty 352 heat pts352
space
space
$10,128 | Props total: 4053 4053
Lupe focus all wrong.

He aint able to reach the people his message is trying to go to, they too ignorant to understand the music hes been making. If Lupe got ignorant, he'd be able to spit knowledge to dumb n*ggas the same way Pac did.
 08-24-2012, 03:38 PM         #70
Jeezydasnowman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Peterparker said:
Who wrote the article bashing Lupe's video and song?
@notrivia now Lupe Fiasco tweeting him DIRECTLY

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco

#bi*chBad Morning @notrivia #BoycottSpinMagazine

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco

#FL2 #Sept25th #BoycottSpinMagazine

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco

Buzz Media is the company that owns #BoycottSpinMagazine it's corporate motto is "Define Culture, Addict Audiences"

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco

It runs a network of blogs so that's why you won't see much info online about this Spin Boycott becuz a number of blogs are connected 2 Spin

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco

Contact 276 5th Ave, Ste 711. New York, NY 10001 Phone: 646-274-9110 They have corporate HQ's in LA, SF, Chicago & NY

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco

A list of all emails and contact info to BuzzMedia corporate offices and investors can be found at

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco

Demand a higher standard of music journalism NOT sensational personal attacks on artists for the sake of website visits #BoycotSpinMagazine

BET's 106 & Park‏@106andpark

B4 Lupe started to #BoycottSpinMagazine he said "U need to have a @LupeFiasco to stir things up every now & again."

“@GuardShark sorry had to break the #BoycottSpinMagazine rule in order to read the article. Can we move to also boycott their sponsors?” hmm

Yo @notrivia u still there? just wanna make sure cuz were just getting started. Stand up 2 bullying in the media! #BoycottSpinMagazine
 5 years ago '04        #71
Kliq 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,116 | Props total: 12121 12121
Also, how is this any different than 50 Cent stirring up a bunch of beefs before album releases (at least in the past)? It seems like we're all talking about Lupe, so if this is just some undercover guise to get more exposure, it's working
 5 years ago '11        #72
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,383 | Props total: 3850 3850
 A-Dot said:
I thought of Plies when I saw the video lol
i instantly said plies when i saw dude.

But i see where he could get 50 from, cuz of all that vitamin water ish and those Headphones.
 5 years ago '04        #74
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,798 | Props total: 1812 1812
 HeruDat said:
it's not just criticism, it's an attack on his character, his craft, his life ... everything he puts his effort into. Then you got people here and there constantly getting their opinions and "facts," published to millions of people.

He's a public figure though, attacks on your character, craft, and life should be more expected than paparazzi photos. It's apart of being a celebrity. As talentless as Kim Kardashian is, she gets way worse harsh criticism and personal jabs to her on the DAILY and rolls with it 100 times better. Lupe is a grown man for god's sake. If he had to deal with the same type of criticism he would've either committed suicide by now or quit.

He's free to complain about it all he wants but you can't expect us not to or at how sensitive he is.

and honestly at times he comes off as trying to force feed his fans his philosophical perspectives in a very pretentious manner when in his personal life he behaves in a way that almost contradicts what he portrays himself as in his music.

that's why ol boy Wasalu comes off to me as a very lost, confused, sensitive and emotional soul.
 08-24-2012, 11:28 PM         #75
Jeezydasnowman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HeruDat said:
it's not just criticism, it's an attack on his character, his craft, his life ... everything he puts his effort into. Then you got people here and there constantly getting their opinions and "facts," published to millions of people.

its simple magazine just wants hits and attention
 5 years ago '06        #76
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,538 | Props total: 31 31
 knowlege bass said:
I dont have an issue with anyone especially a journalist putting forth some serious critique on a song positive or negative. However it is statements like "reckless social commentary". I am not exactly sure what is so reckless about the song and video. Did he comment that "Stupid Hoe" was reckless given Nicki's young following? Probably not. He makes comments about Lupe misrepresenting what hip hop is using a "50 Cent" like character. First of all 50 is not who I thought of when I saw this video and second has he seen videos like "Hold Me Back" or just gone to worldstar or listened to the fu*king radio? There are many negative things he could have said and critiqued the approach or execution, but he decided to go with comments that expose a possible personal issue at the worst and at best just looks like unprofessional and unprepared journalism.
The video and the song was dead on!!! Especially when we are talking about how children are looking at adults especially that 1st and 2nd verse. I didnt for one second think he was talking about 50 cent. If anything I was looking like is that Plies in this video? Spin is just trying to get more spin along w/ keeping hip hop culture in this buy $300 sneakers, k!ll n*ggas, and get bi*ches all day era.
 08-25-2012, 03:38 PM         #77
Jeezydasnowman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco

Damn all this for #bi*chBad...might have to to get the bulletproof vest out when #LamborghiniAngels video drops...

Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy