Spin Magazine DISSES LUPE FIASCO (Lupe Fiasco responds)

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-24-2012, 03:28 AM         #41
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BUT THE GOVERNMENT PROFITS WHEN TIGER WOODS LOSES 300 MILLION DOLLARS TO A bi*ch THAT WAS A WAITRESS. KOBE GOTTA ACT LIKE HE LIKE THIS bi*ch SO HE DONT LOSE HIS FORTUNE.

THE SYSTEM IS SET UP TO fu*k n*ggaS IN THE a.ss WIT CHILD SUPPORT. so as soon as this monkey hoe gets pregnant she just gon nit pick till you leave then take up court with the white man who says

GARNISH THAT ******S CHECK, AND KEEP HAVIN BABIES, AND SPENDING THE MONEY ON PINK WIGS OR BURKIN BAGS WHILE U AT THE CLUB AND YO CHILD IS AT HOME.

THEN U WONDER WHY n*ggaS k!ll EACH OTHER OVER COLORS INSTEAD OF CLICKING UP AND MAKING SOMETHING OF OURSELF AS A COMMUNITY. fu*k EVERYTHING THAT n*gga STAND FOR.
 5 years ago '12        #42
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 Dice said:
I thought you had something good to say...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #43
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
I wish I knew how to read this twitter crap
 5 years ago '05        #44
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
fu*ka spin magazine wack a.ss...
 08-24-2012, 05:14 AM         #45
kevante  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That song was fu*king amazing. That n*gga hatin

Half-baked conscious hip-hop

08-24-2012, 05:19 AM         #46
kevante  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrX said:
"half- baked conscious hip-hop"

i said the same thing and lupe stans wont listen
Looks at avy

Nas>>> but, fu*k that album. That's an insult to his legacy. Trash

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

You need to RapGenius Lamborgina angels
 5 years ago '09        #47
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,303 | Props total: 7956 7956
how you boycott someone just becauser they critique

be glad someone is talking about you lupe...no other media outlet is even mentioning you right now
 5 years ago '04        #48
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,924 | Props total: 4285 4285
 psylence2k said:
Oh really ??? because I dont think the use of Twitter validates Lupe's whining ??

you're getting defensive over a guy who's trying to boycott a magazine over doing their job and critiquing his art ???

And now you're trying to criticize somebody who is emotionally invested in their art. Dude is clearly making a conscious effort to expose all the bullsh*t aspect of the culture, so I'm sure it's upsetting as hell when people write it off as half-assed attempt.
 5 years ago '04        #49
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,423 | Props total: 6452 6452
y'all might love the content of it but to me the song isn't that good

and lupe is sensitive as hell. not just about this incident but he been like that since the cool.he can't even handle criticism from fans so of course when a magazine says something this was gonna happen
 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM         #50
TeddiGramz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know I tried to see it your way.... I seen the breakfast club interview... I did not see where they destroyed him... Besides its their job to fu*k with people... I'm sure thats one of the many reasons they are popular I guess....

One thing that bothers me about the interview is that he doesn't think of hip hop as music...
The others think of rap as music.. They spray negativity everyday, but they are laced with good beats... I hope Lupe's album has good beats...
 5 years ago '04        #51
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
 Ward22 said:
Nah it wasn't a critique, it was straight up hate

"Women don't like being called a lady" - quote from article
yeah i read that and i was like huh what. Is he trying to insinuate that women prefer to be call bi*ches or whats probably more specific black women dont want to be refered to or thought of as ladies

the videos is so simple and the message is basically screaming at the viewer and yet it still went over this guy at spins head
 5 years ago '05        #52
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
I aint a big fan of the song, but i like the content. The dude who wrote the article reaaaally sounds like a outsider.
 5 years ago '04        #53
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 WordOnThaStreet said:

[pic - click to view]

some random homo jew wrote the article, fuk him and his rabbi

corporate has the trolls on payroll to try and combat the message being put out
im sick and tired of fukkboys like this commenting on my culture

so fukk him and everybody that cosigns him dissin lupe the gawd
 5 years ago '11        #54
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,221 | Props total: 24717 24717
 TeddiGramz said:
You know I tried to see it your way.... I seen the breakfast club interview... I did not see where they destroyed him... Besides its their job to fu*k with people... I'm sure thats one of the many reasons they are popular I guess....

One thing that bothers me about the interview is that he doesn't think of hip hop as music...
The others think of rap as music.. They spray negativity everyday, but they are laced with good beats... I hope Lupe's album has good beats...
from what ive heard soundtrack and 1500 for life(the two main producers for his first two albums and a couple of his mixtapes) have done the majority of the production so im counting on the beats to be dope. I havent been disappointed so far
 5 years ago '12        #55
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
$8,877 | Props total: 1037 1037
Lupe is such a fu*king crybaby. n*gga is the Wale of Chicago.
 5 years ago '11        #56
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,221 | Props total: 24717 24717
 Robert Roofus said:
Lupe is such a fu*king crybaby. n*gga is the Wale of Chicago.
at least lupe decides to cry on twitter after a sh*tty review and not on a track after a stripper said "i love you" and didnt mean it.
 5 years ago '12        #57
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
$8,877 | Props total: 1037 1037
 The Rhyming Ape said:
at least lupe decides to cry on twitter after a sh*tty review and not on a track after a stripper said "i love you" and didnt mean it.
That's really the best you got

Lupe's BEEN crying since as far back as I can remember. Didn't that n*gga make a Boxden account crying about n*ggas illegally downloading his sh*t
 08-24-2012, 10:39 AM         #58
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If I was a white-Jew I'd be very offended by the song and the video and I'd feel it would be a part of my nature to attack Lupe and the song/video.

The people in Entertainment who profit the most off negative stereotypical depictions of
Afrikan-Americans are the white-Jews who run the music/media/movie industries.

Lupe shrewdly drew comparisons to the Minstrel Black-Face performers of yesteryear with the Coonish HipHop performers of today and showed a white-Jew in the video counting money and profiting from the coonery.

The Outsider at Spin magazine was offended.
 08-24-2012, 10:45 AM         #59
YesUcantCme  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
outsiders..this fu*kin guy
 5 years ago '05        #60
A-Dot 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 792 792
 knowlege bass said:
I dont have an issue with anyone especially a journalist putting forth some serious critique on a song positive or negative. However it is statements like "reckless social commentary". I am not exactly sure what is so reckless about the song and video. Did he comment that "Stupid Hoe" was reckless given Nicki's young following? Probably not. He makes comments about Lupe misrepresenting what hip hop is using a "50 Cent" like character. First of all 50 is not who I thought of when I saw this video and second has he seen videos like "Hold Me Back" or just gone to worldstar or listened to the fu*king radio? There are many negative things he could have said and critiqued the approach or execution, but he decided to go with comments that expose a possible personal issue at the worst and at best just looks like unprofessional and unprepared journalism.
I thought of Plies when I saw the video lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago