Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #141
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 norcal925 said:
Just listen to it next, if you dont like it i wont say anything about it again
Well I'm on my G-Funk sh*t now that the Skyzoo session is over & I wanna get some cod in before I head out tonight so I tell you what: I'll for sure spin it tomorrow. May or may not make a thread on it but if I don't I'll hit up your vm's as usual...
 5 years ago '05        #142
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3268 3268
 Retro said:

Up for the sleepers. Top 2 song of 2012 right here, just didn't feel like making an "appreciation" thread that would've gotten like 3 replies...
Love Lupe but glad he didn't get a verse on this sh*t(He was supposed to be on it). That spoken word at the end >>

The new band practice series is dope too. Phone Calls and Floor Seats With Young >>
 5 years ago '08        #143
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
 Retro said:
May or may not make a thread on it
Will look forward to thread if it's made.
 02-22-2013, 11:13 PM         #144
KiddKidd45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i been stuck on a dream deferred and i thought that was a classic...this dude becomin one of my favorite emcees..props 2 TS
 5 years ago '04        #145
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 KiddKidd45 said:
i been stuck on a dream deferred and i thought that was a classic...this dude becomin one of my favorite emcees..props 2 TS
 5 years ago '10        #146
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,790 | Props total: 2885 2885
These Band Series EP is fire. I like Sky cause he is a true MC & artist...& stays original. Quietly, he had Album of the Year last year with very little homage paid.
 5 years ago '11        #147
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 ARosary said:
These Band Series EP is fire. I like Sky cause he is a true MC & artist...& stays original. Quietly, he had Album of the Year last year with very little homage paid.
Surprisingly a lot of Sky fans here said it was underwhelming & why I don't know, never got any specifics. I loved it though, bought my copy & everything...
 5 years ago '10        #148
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,790 | Props total: 2885 2885
 Retro said:
Surprisingly a lot of Sky fans here said it was underwhelming & why I don't know, never got any specifics. I loved it though, bought my copy & everything...
I just put myself on to his music last summer. Album was complete, unique, beautifully crafted lyrically & well produced (besides the couple of tracks I don't care for)
 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM         #149
KiddKidd45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ARosary said:
I just put myself on to his music last summer. Album was complete, unique, beautifully crafted lyrically & well produced (besides the couple of tracks I don't care for)
which album ?
 5 years ago '08        #150
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
 ARosary said:
It's tough to release an album on the same month as the most anticipated album of the year. (GKMC).

KiddKidd45 said:
which album ?
A Dream Deferred.
 5 years ago '13        #151
Harry Tipper 
space
space
$96 | Props total: 32 32
 Retro said:
If y'all remember I had a Skyzoo - Where Do I Start thread a little while back. Y'all mentioned so many different projects that I didn't even get a definitive answer so I just picked what was suggested the most, this...

And this sh-t was DOPE. Only 1 track I wasn't really feeling like that but lyrically this dude is nice. Got a decent ear for beats too (some of them I labored through, the lyrics carried the track; same time though there's some nice samples on here) so yeah he's got a new fan in me.

Officially add me to the anticipators list for his next album. In the mean time Live From The Tape Deck is about to get a spin. I remember y'all sayin this was the better overall project. It's got a lot to live up to...
 5 years ago '05        #152
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
glad so many people fu*king with Sky....sidenote: Hov NEEDS to hear "Floor Seats With Young" and get this n*gga some exposure
 4 years ago '11        #154
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 RoyceDa59 said:
How the fu*k did I miss this!!!??? Retro you my dude but

[pic - click to view]

sheedawg said:
oh sh*t..

The production is every bit as crucial in shaping the masterpiece that is Below The Heavens, the landscape that exile painted was fu*kin amazing in my opinion, it really did sound like how the album cover looked if that makes any sense.

I won't even get into the subject matter or the form Blu was in on than album, cause I'm not here to force people to listen to what they don't, but if you just a regular a.ss working class person, that album is like explanation of sh*t you probably been/or will go through, but then again I'm bias its prob my favourite album ever.

Back to the topi at hand, Salvation most cohesive, The Great Debater is his straight complex rapping his a.ss off mixtape really, most of that sh*t I'm stil tryna understand in all honesty (although Sky fux with The Wire heavy, so the references from that are fu*king awesome).

My favourite project is still what first got me into Sky since I saw a pixelated version of the Way To Go video back on a late night underground hip hop show, Cloud 9 with 9th Wonder. He has gotten better as a rapper and artist since then though, but some of his highest points are on that album.

Stop Fooling Yourself >>>>>>>

To people who can;t get into him, his hooks can sometimes be repetitive as fu*k especially when coupled with a boring beat but his ear has definitely improved and expanded in terms of production.
 sheedawg said:
I see your point, I guess each to its own. Alot of peoples general I guess view when being critical of BTH is that th production is a bit generally the same, bar a few tracks which is guess it both IMO its strongest a.sset cause you cant listen to a few songs and get into it, its has to be listened from start to finish and then you start seeing how the mood shifts sonically and matches Blu's subject matter. But I can see why you would think it lack flair, it doesn't really have a huge track or the stereotypical 'banger', this is definitely headphone sorta music.

Cold Hearted being the perfect example.
Just re-listened. Since the last time I listened I've developed a tolerance for the boom bap style & while Exile's may not be the best I've heard (even after re-listening none of his beats really impressed me) I thoroughly enjoyed it a lot better this time than the last. Just figured I'd throw this out there...
 4 years ago '09        #155
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,274 | Props total: 19425 19425
Phone Calls still one of the best tracks of the year
 4 years ago '05        #156
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179

[video - click to view]

KILLS THIS MCHG BEAT
 4 years ago '11        #157
KING JAYY 536 heat pts536
space
space
$52,334 | Props total: 20067 20067
dope

But he never gon pop like 10 gold chains
 4 years ago '05        #158
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
Wow if this is the difference between threads 2012 and 2013 then BX really went downhill in the space of a year...gotdamn

I was readin this sh*t like "word people debatin artistry again and showing Elzhi love?" then I saw the dates like oh....ok
 4 years ago '04        #159
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,395 | Props total: 11770 11770
ima be honest i slept on homie i heard a few songs thought he was nice but never checked homie out

i knew he was giving the pipe to jeter sister or something like that and that jay was his fav rapper

whats that one mixtape with all the different colors on it people were talking about?
 4 years ago '11        #160
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
ima be honest i slept on homie i heard a few songs thought he was nice but never checked homie out

i knew he was giving the pipe to jeter sister or something like that and that jay was his fav rapper

whats that one mixtape with all the different colors on it people were talking about?

[pic - click to view]

This one?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
112 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy