UFC 151 Canceled: Dan Henderson Injured, Jones Turns Down Sonnen As replacement

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,455 | Props total: 4401 4401
 jimflu said:
dead at all the Jones stans defending him.

You are a fan. Its not like you get the money. You should be glad to watch him whoop Sonnens a.ss but instead youd rather have a cancelled card and your champ looking like a bi*ch.

You'd think yall are getting a cut of his check from this
You dumb cluck. Its like the Patriots going 19-0 and playing the Superbowl against the 0-16 Dolphins. I gotta pay 60 for this Ppv, I don't want to see a squash match, I want to see competition. Sonnen has balls for accepting, but that's where it stops. A million amateur f!ghters will take this f!ght right now because its free money to get yo a.ss beat.
 5 years ago '06        #122
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,841 | Props total: 1754 1754
 TriniSoldier said:
afraid? he'd beat white boy's a.ss to the ground easier than he would have in his original f!ght. i love how people just keep throwing around the word pus*y or scared like he turned down a f!ght from an equal or superior f!ghter

The suits just mad a black workhorse is calling the shots. MY n*gga aint gotta worry about sh*t he gonna beat whoever a.ss they put in front of him from here on out anyway then fly out and catch his little brother in new england in a game
Chael did better against silva then hendo and can beat any mw not name Anderson. If it was an easy f!ght why not take it and make some quick money? Chael is a HUGE ppv draw. He's one of the best hype artists. He was the only one that would do it . Jones will make less off machida bc machidas fan base.

It's a fact that jones made the least off the machida f!ght. Jones said last week he didn't want the machida f!ght, bc a lot of risk with little rewards. So your hero that's calling the shots, took a pay cut for someone he said he didn't want to f!ght. That's a puss move. It's not the most deserving on 8 days, it's whoever mans up on such a high profile f!ght. Jones went down a notch. He's picking and choosin. He will never hear the end of it. The fans and all the UFC prolly hates him.

You guys say chael sucks, UFC praises chael, and Jones wouldn't f!ght chael on such short notice. Sounds like they tried it all, and it's basically his fault we don't get to see all the other great f!ghts next weekend.

I'm going to laugh when UFC sons his a.ss, and gives him chael after he beats Forrest and possible someone else, and jones feels like a dipsh*t for not taking it the first time. I'm a jones fan, and think he could of easily won that f!ght. I'm baffled on the reasons. Everyone knows people like chael that talk to much. The only way to shut his punk arse up is beat him down. Jones would rather not take the f!ght and try to punish him for talking on twitter. It backfired And now if chael gets a couple wins he will convince people jones is scared, just like he did to get the Anderson f!ght. I don't see a w in this situation for jones, yet everyone gives chael props for the heart to man up.
 5 years ago '05        #123
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 ike! said:
How are people blaming Jones? Really?

Dana White has oversaturated the market so much that his cards can't hold weight beyond one f!ght and suddenly Jones is at fault.

And how does that bum Sonnen swerve an entire division and deserve a title shot???

You guys are ridiculous.
Stupid Canadians.

Others were offered the f!ght. THEY turned it down. Sonnen accepted the f!ght. That's the reason that Sonnen was going to get the f!ght.
 5 years ago '04        #124
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,471 | Props total: 7121 7121
 HiRolliN said:
uhh no hes made cause they wasted money on promotion for the f!ght and spent money on booking the MGM grand for the event which they wont get back now. also there gonna have to refund the tickets sales which will cost millions in transaction fees.
And any other f!ghter would have fought the replacement f!ght at the very least for the sake of the company. Jones knew how weak the card was and knew without him that the ppv buys would be very low. I'm telling you, this is bigger than just one show. Jones turning this down is the first domino to fall....

Or not. It's just how I see things.
 5 years ago '12        #125
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 p00rky said:

[pic - click to view]

lloooooooooooooool i didnt even see anything from the gif but the room and i cracked up hard
 5 years ago '07        #126
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,827 | Props total: 1989 1989
Dana has every right to be mad but than again he made a card that only lived off the main event so no main event no card so he takes a huge part of the blame

Jones also has every right to not take that f!ght he gains nothing from this f!ght other then money. everybody agrees that Sonnen doesn't deserve the f!ght and I think it is a joke that even with this fact, he was still the "logical" replacement based of is trash talk... this is all on the UFC but now the media will have full power to turn Jones into a villain like they did Lebron

but @ Sonnen that dude got the Faber system mastered back to back title f!ght in different division are you kidding me??

and after listening to his interview I think Sonnen is making a face turn
 5 years ago '06        #127
space
space
 ike! said:
How are people blaming Jones? Really?

Dana White has oversaturated the market so much that his cards can't hold weight beyond one f!ght and suddenly Jones is at fault.

And how does that bum Sonnen swerve an entire division and deserve a title shot???

You guys are ridiculous.
Lol don't get me wrong for a Sonnen fan, but you talking about that DIVISION jones already cleared out. That's the only reason jones was f!ghting hendos old a.ss. Hendo got mounted by jake shields and people say chael dont deserve it lol. It's on 8 days notice..... 8 DAYS. Jones f!ghts to get paid. Like I said machida f!ght won't sell half as much pay per views. I would much rather see him f!ght someone new. It's selfish and a puss move, I would of ordered it.

Definently not ordering the one a month from now, seeing how the first f!ght got finished in the 2nd. Jones shouldn't of never cried last week saying he didn't want the machida f!ght bc he didn't make that much, and then deny a easy payday..... Lol puss move man
 5 years ago '12        #128
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,357 | Props total: 2095 2095
 Bea5T said:
Jones is the headliner, why the fu*k would he care about the card?

And chael got his a.ss kicked, you don't move up in weight and f!ght the champ at that weight after losing in your current weight

thatd be like floyd f!ghting amir khan
Floyd would f!ght him if the money was right

stv18 said:
The card got cancelled cuz Dana did it. He made a sh*tty card with no co main and no other good f!ghts.
This is true as well. Can't put all the blame on just one person

creep said:
Jones gains nothing from smashing Chael. Why would he accept that f!ght?
people would pay to see chael get smashed and it's an easy f!ght why not shut the guy up, son his a.ss and embarrass him like silva did?

xRapHeadx said:
Meanwhile in Boxing

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Busiest boxing season of the year coming up..
boxing is alive and well this year

Anahuac said:
Where's that Silva and GSP f!ght?
It's murdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm The Dan said:

[pic - click to view]

I'm The Dan said:
Stupid Canadians.

Others were offered the f!ght. THEY turned it down. Sonnen accepted the f!ght. That's the reason that Sonnen was going to get the f!ght.
Exactly. While some people are looking for one person to blame put the blame on Dana for making a poor card, Jones for saying no and all the other f!ghters Dana offered the match to who said no
 5 years ago '05        #129
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
This is good for both jones and sonnen , and the ufc
Jones doesnt do the f!ght and still gets the next ppv headline = WIN
Sonnen - now has more reasons to call out jones = more trash talk = WIN

UFC - misses out on a crapy ppv with low buys , now has legit beef between the two and can try and milk it like silva and sonnen.

I woudnt be surprised if dana himself arranged for it to happen this way. Dana is the vince to jones the stone cold .....

Last edited by zogby; 08-23-2012 at 06:20 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #130
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
wonder how many fans jones lost for this
 5 years ago '06        #131
space
space
 Mumbletaker said:
And any other f!ghter would have fought the replacement f!ght at the very least for the sake of the company. Jones knew how weak the card was and knew without him that the ppv buys would be very low. I'm telling you, this is bigger than just one show. Jones turning this down is the first domino to fall....

Or not. It's just how I see things.
Lol your have no clue what your talking about. Machida was the lowest ppv of all his title f!ghts.

So what other excuses do people have to why jones is a coward?
 5 years ago '12        #132
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,101 | Props total: 15516 15516
 Chris daRealist said:
Anderson silva could beat him, but your right he is the number 2 f!ghter in the world.

I completely agree. I'm just sick of these salty a.ss f!ghters.
 5 years ago '04        #133
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,898 | Props total: 2529 2529
damn it man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 5 years ago '05        #134
landlord151515 136 heat pts136
space
space
$2,494 | Props total: 2292 2292
Don't hate the player hate the game..... #teamsalty

5 years ago '09        #135
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,925 | Props total: 22152 22152
lmao they're still running commercials for jones vs henderson
 5 years ago '04        #136
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,471 | Props total: 7121 7121
 vinceisallin said:
Lol your have no clue what your talking about. Machida was the lowest ppv of all his title f!ghts.

So what other excuses do people have to why jones is a coward?
Where is the most money at? f!ghting sonnen on less than two weeks of build up or f!ghting sonnen with a sh*t load of build up? Sonnen/Jones is already a bigger match up just because Jones turned down UFC 151. I'll admit that the flip side to this is a rematch (with the loser using the lack of prep time as an excuse) down the line would be huge.

Machida is irrelevant in this situation. He's getting a shot no matter what. The bigger picture is about Dana/ufc losing control of a f!ghter in his prime.
 5 years ago '06        #137
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
Chael Sonnnen doesnt even deserve a title shot. He hasnt beat any current top lhw's and he's coming off an embarrassing 2nd rd TKO loss to Anderson and before that he looked mediocre vs Bisping. Jones gains nothing from taking that f!ght. They should just get Gustaffsson or superf!ght with Anderson.
 5 years ago '09        #138
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,693 | Props total: 6192 6192
 RJ96 said:
Dana has every right to be mad but than again he made a card that only lived off the main event so no main event no card so he takes a huge part of the blame

Jones also has every right to not take that f!ght he gains nothing from this f!ght other then money. everybody agrees that Sonnen doesn't deserve the f!ght and I think it is a joke that even with this fact, he was still the "logical" replacement based of is trash talk... this is all on the UFC but now the media will have full power to turn Jones into a villain like they did Lebron

but @ Sonnen that dude got the Faber system mastered back to back title f!ght in different division are you kidding me??

and after listening to his interview I think Sonnen is making a face turn
Machida was asked 1st and didnt accept, Dana said Chael would of had to win 3 f!ghts before getting to Jones had something like this not happened. Who else was the logical choice for Dana to ask to step in after Machida said no?
 5 years ago '09        #139
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,693 | Props total: 6192 6192
 zogby said:
This is good for both jones and sonnen , and the ufc
Jones doesnt do the f!ght and still gets the next ppv headline = WIN
Sonnen - now has more reasons to call out jones = more trash talk = WIN

UFC - misses out on a crapy ppv with low buys , now has legit beef between the two and can try and milk it like silva and sonnen.

I woudnt be surprised if dana himself arranged for it to happen this way. Dana is the vince to jones the stone cold .....
A crappy UFC with low buys? are you fu*king serious Shogun Vs Hendo did over 600k this would of done more if Henderson fought, but with Jones and Chaels beef it would of done over 500k
 08-23-2012, 07:09 PM         #140
aftrmath959  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bea5T said:
hows it a bi*ch a.ss move, Chael doesnt deserve that f!ght and its a huge waste of time

just because dude opened his mouth doesnt mean jones should lower himself and f!ght this bum
 CosbySweater said:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy