UFC 151 Canceled: Dan Henderson Injured, Jones Turns Down Sonnen As replacement

most viewed right now
 136
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 92
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 81
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 63
Image(s) inside reppin my flag right
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
yaobabydaddy 
space
avatar space
space
$4,577 | Props total: 673 673
Jonny boy never fails to surprise me...if he really us that badass why not take the so called easy f!ght. Now I don't get to see a whole card cuz his bi*chass
 6 years ago '09        #22
LLCOOLFERN 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,237 | Props total: 627 627
I would think that jones would love the opportunity to put a beatdown on sonnen especially after all the trash talking. These guys are pro f!ghters and train every day. Who cares if its on short notice? Jones could have won, an added a lot to his reputation if he would have destroyed sonnen worse than silva did. But jones has money (nike) riding on him. A win over a late replacement would do little for him. But chael is a world class wrestler and that would put an end to the people that believe he would struggle against a dominant wrestler.
 6 years ago '08        #23
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$7,431 | Props total: 430 430
 TriniSoldier said:
It's an unfortunate situation but oh well. He was all set for the original agreement and someone else went and hurt themselves thats not his fault And doesnt involve him. Them other f!ghters should step there game up and headline there own event instead of relying on another man to feed your family a n*gga ain't tryna hear that.
Seriously? f!ghters have to start somewhere and this event was one week away. Way to fu*k over the fans and f!ghters
 6 years ago '05        #24
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
I see some people who tried to call out Spider for not f!ghting Weidman, backing Jones when he did the exact same thing.
 6 years ago '10        #25
smokinthe420 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,321 | Props total: 7730 7730
Nobody wants to f!ght the champ on short notice without reaching their peak in training, that's signing ur death warrant and pretty much f!ghting for the paycheck, cause u are not getting the W.. Sonnen stepped up and said yes, jones should f!ght him... Mister "I'll f!ght anyone they put in front of me" now I hope machida ko'd this fu*king guy, or give him rashad again..


Let rashad get the belt!!
 08-23-2012, 01:39 PM         #26
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look at it like this: when there's a sub in for a f!ght, it's always someone who is lower on the totem pole.

this was a situation where, not only would it be an easier f!ght for Jones(sonnen's such an easy target at this point), but you have a guy who's gonna bring in some extra buys to the event as well. Cheal doesn't deserve this f!ght, I agree. But really now, a lot of people don't "deserve" sh*t in the world. Lets get off that, because life isn't about fairness or deserving.

This is a sport where you beat the sh*t out of the next man in front of you. What does it say when one of the top guys turns down a f!ght like this? Is it justified to pull their man card?

You can't just "step up and headline your own event" like it's some easy sh*t to do. What the fu*k...When a card is canned because a champ feels like ducking a f!ght he'd surely win, it fu*ks a chance for one of these other guys to build their record up, and eventually headline in the future. One guy just screwed over everyone involved with this event(and it wasn't Henderson.)
 6 years ago '09        #27
TriniSoldier 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$53,733 | Props total: 34619 34619
 AnyGiven said:
Seriously? f!ghters have to start somewhere and this event was one week away. Way to fu*k over the fans and f!ghters
Indeed. But this was something that should have been negotiated and worked out behind closed doors like a real business, this whole situation is sloppy and I can't blame a f!ghter that's making a business decision while the owner is crying at the media.
 6 years ago '05        #28
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 207 207
 cbjones said:
Look at it like this: when there's a sub in for a f!ght, it's always someone who is lower on the totem pole.

this was a situation where, not only would it be an easier f!ght for Jones(sonnen's such an easy target at this point), but you have a guy who's gonna bring in some extra buys to the event as well. Cheal doesn't deserve this f!ght, I agree. But really now, a lot of people don't "deserve" sh*t in the world. Lets get off that, because life isn't about fairness or deserving.

This is a sport where you beat the sh*t out of the next man in front of you. What does it say when one of the top guys turns down a f!ght like this? Is it justified to pull their man card?

You can't just "step up and headline your own event" like it's some easy sh*t to do. What the fu*k...When a card is canned because a champ feels like ducking a f!ght he'd surely win, it fu*ks a chance for one of these other guys to build their record up, and eventually headline in the future. One guy just screwed over everyone involved with this event(and it wasn't Henderson.)

And here comes the over-dramatic whining
 6 years ago '08        #29
triznathaniel 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$6,032 | Props total: 1601 1601
 44Caliber said:
I see some people who tried to call out Spider for not f!ghting Weidman, backing Jones when he did the exact same thing.


The reactions in support of Jones make zero sense... this entire debacle is just dumbfounding

the only part that makes sense is that this was all Greg Jackson's idea You can't f!ght any safer than this
 08-23-2012, 01:52 PM         #30
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Addressing an issue, and giving your two cents on what others have said is whining now?
 6 years ago '08        #31
triznathaniel 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$6,032 | Props total: 1601 1601
I noticed a few boxing fans trying to troll ppl for having a problem with Jon Jones today...
 6 years ago '10        #32
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$4,623 | Props total: 101 101
 AnyGiven said:
A whole card is cancelled because he didn't take the f!ght. Nobody is getting paid now. People fly in to see a show that isn't happening anymore. "The show must go on".

Lower himself? Chael just fought for the middleweight title.
The card got cancelled cuz Dana did it. He made a sh*tty card with no co main and no other good f!ghts.
 6 years ago '07        #33
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,628 | Props total: 403 403
he couldve got some easy money f!ghting chael
 6 years ago '06        #34
Knockout5 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$773 | Props total: 51 51
 Hu$tLa said:
Dana offered it to Chael because that would have gotten the biggest numbers. He said he called other ppl but who else would there have been?

Chris Weidman stepped up too

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani

Mr. @ChrisWeidmanUFC says he offered to f!ght @jonnybones next week, as well

All of these 185er's stepping up where are the 205er's at?
 6 years ago '08        #35
VerbalAssassin 105 heat pts105
space
avatar space
space
$17,045 | Props total: 4750 4750
Chael and Dana fu*kin'....
 6 years ago '06        #36
kmstokes 
space
avatar space
space
$11,030 | Props total: 2055 2055
Was looking forward to this ppv. At least college football will be starting back up.




  3 - 0 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 117 (-83) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 88-54, Rank #34 | Aug 16: 724-310, Rank #13 | Aug 15: 932-380, Rank #14 | Aug 14: 717-345, Rank #11 | Aug 13: 355-198, Rank #9 | Aug 12: 829-367, Rank #2 | Aug 11: 1617-815, Rank #3 | Aug 10: 521-236, Rank #21 *
 6 years ago '07        #37
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,628 | Props total: 403 403
 6 years ago '08        #38
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$7,431 | Props total: 430 430
 triznathaniel said:


The reactions in support of Jones make zero sense... this entire debacle is just dumbfounding

the only part that makes sense is that this was all Greg Jackson's idea You can't f!ght any safer than this
I say got damn
 6 years ago '09        #39
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
avatar space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
"I didn't think [taking the f!ght] was the best thing to do on three days' notice -- we know that f!ght week doesn't count [as training time]," Jackson said. "If Chael is the No. 1 contender, if he's earned that status, we'd be happy to f!ght him, and not Machida, in Toronto. It wasn't the opponent. It was the notice."

 6 years ago '08        #40
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$7,431 | Props total: 430 430
 stv18 said:
The card got cancelled cuz Dana did it. He made a sh*tty card with no co main and no other good f!ghts.
I agree with you. But we're way past that point now.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Video inside Yo.. this SWATTing sh-t is HILARIOUS :dead2:
133 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 41
Cardi B Speech But She Only Makes Weird Noises
48 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
13 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside 6ix9ine smashing and impregnating every girl in America
79 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Playboi Carti gets exposed
133 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
125 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside Savage: Chick Tells Her Husband She's Cheating On Him & He Thinks She's..
47 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Slut Amber Rose meets the Slut Maker
60 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy