UFC 151 Canceled: Dan Henderson Injured, Jones Turns Down Sonnen As replacement

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
yaobabydaddy 
space
space
$4,549 | Props total: 596 596
Jonny boy never fails to surprise me...if he really us that badass why not take the so called easy f!ght. Now I don't get to see a whole card cuz his bi*chass
 5 years ago '09        #22
LLCOOLFERN 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 624 624
I would think that jones would love the opportunity to put a beatdown on sonnen especially after all the trash talking. These guys are pro f!ghters and train every day. Who cares if its on short notice? Jones could have won, an added a lot to his reputation if he would have destroyed sonnen worse than silva did. But jones has money (nike) riding on him. A win over a late replacement would do little for him. But chael is a world class wrestler and that would put an end to the people that believe he would struggle against a dominant wrestler.
 5 years ago '08        #23
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,408 | Props total: 422 422
 TriniSoldier said:
It's an unfortunate situation but oh well. He was all set for the original agreement and someone else went and hurt themselves thats not his fault And doesnt involve him. Them other f!ghters should step there game up and headline there own event instead of relying on another man to feed your family a n*gga ain't tryna hear that.
Seriously? f!ghters have to start somewhere and this event was one week away. Way to fu*k over the fans and f!ghters
 5 years ago '05        #24
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
I see some people who tried to call out Spider for not f!ghting Weidman, backing Jones when he did the exact same thing.
 5 years ago '10        #25
smokinthe420 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,425 | Props total: 6601 6601
Nobody wants to f!ght the champ on short notice without reaching their peak in training, that's signing ur death warrant and pretty much f!ghting for the paycheck, cause u are not getting the W.. Sonnen stepped up and said yes, jones should f!ght him... Mister "I'll f!ght anyone they put in front of me" now I hope machida ko'd this fu*king guy, or give him rashad again..

Let rashad get the belt!!
 08-23-2012, 02:39 PM         #26
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look at it like this: when there's a sub in for a f!ght, it's always someone who is lower on the totem pole.

this was a situation where, not only would it be an easier f!ght for Jones(sonnen's such an easy target at this point), but you have a guy who's gonna bring in some extra buys to the event as well. Cheal doesn't deserve this f!ght, I agree. But really now, a lot of people don't "deserve" sh*t in the world. Lets get off that, because life isn't about fairness or deserving.

This is a sport where you beat the sh*t out of the next man in front of you. What does it say when one of the top guys turns down a f!ght like this? Is it justified to pull their man card?

You can't just "step up and headline your own event" like it's some easy sh*t to do. What the fu*k...When a card is canned because a champ feels like ducking a f!ght he'd surely win, it fu*ks a chance for one of these other guys to build their record up, and eventually headline in the future. One guy just screwed over everyone involved with this event(and it wasn't Henderson.)
 5 years ago '09        #27
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,024 | Props total: 22358 22358
 AnyGiven said:
Seriously? f!ghters have to start somewhere and this event was one week away. Way to fu*k over the fans and f!ghters
Indeed. But this was something that should have been negotiated and worked out behind closed doors like a real business, this whole situation is sloppy and I can't blame a f!ghter that's making a business decision while the owner is crying at the media.
 5 years ago '05        #28
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 cbjones said:
Look at it like this: when there's a sub in for a f!ght, it's always someone who is lower on the totem pole.

this was a situation where, not only would it be an easier f!ght for Jones(sonnen's such an easy target at this point), but you have a guy who's gonna bring in some extra buys to the event as well. Cheal doesn't deserve this f!ght, I agree. But really now, a lot of people don't "deserve" sh*t in the world. Lets get off that, because life isn't about fairness or deserving.

This is a sport where you beat the sh*t out of the next man in front of you. What does it say when one of the top guys turns down a f!ght like this? Is it justified to pull their man card?

You can't just "step up and headline your own event" like it's some easy sh*t to do. What the fu*k...When a card is canned because a champ feels like ducking a f!ght he'd surely win, it fu*ks a chance for one of these other guys to build their record up, and eventually headline in the future. One guy just screwed over everyone involved with this event(and it wasn't Henderson.)

And here comes the over-dramatic whining
 5 years ago '08        #29
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 1322 1322
 44Caliber said:
I see some people who tried to call out Spider for not f!ghting Weidman, backing Jones when he did the exact same thing.

The reactions in support of Jones make zero sense... this entire debacle is just dumbfounding

the only part that makes sense is that this was all Greg Jackson's idea You can't f!ght any safer than this
 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM         #30
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Addressing an issue, and giving your two cents on what others have said is whining now?
 5 years ago '08        #31
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 1322 1322
I noticed a few boxing fans trying to troll ppl for having a problem with Jon Jones today...
 5 years ago '10        #32
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
 AnyGiven said:
A whole card is cancelled because he didn't take the f!ght. Nobody is getting paid now. People fly in to see a show that isn't happening anymore. "The show must go on".

Lower himself? Chael just fought for the middleweight title.
The card got cancelled cuz Dana did it. He made a sh*tty card with no co main and no other good f!ghts.
 5 years ago '07        #33
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
he couldve got some easy money f!ghting chael
 5 years ago '06        #34
Knockout5 7 heat pts
space
space
$773 | Props total: 51 51
 Hu$tLa said:
Dana offered it to Chael because that would have gotten the biggest numbers. He said he called other ppl but who else would there have been?

Chris Weidman stepped up too

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani

Mr. @ChrisWeidmanUFC says he offered to f!ght @jonnybones next week, as well

All of these 185er's stepping up where are the 205er's at?
 5 years ago '08        #35
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,094 | Props total: 2715 2715
Chael and Dana fu*kin'....
 5 years ago '06        #36
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
Was looking forward to this ppv. At least college football will be starting back up.
 5 years ago '07        #37
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
 5 years ago '08        #38
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
 triznathaniel said:

The reactions in support of Jones make zero sense... this entire debacle is just dumbfounding

the only part that makes sense is that this was all Greg Jackson's idea You can't f!ght any safer than this
I say got damn
 5 years ago '09        #39
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
"I didn't think [taking the f!ght] was the best thing to do on three days' notice -- we know that f!ght week doesn't count [as training time]," Jackson said. "If Chael is the No. 1 contender, if he's earned that status, we'd be happy to f!ght him, and not Machida, in Toronto. It wasn't the opponent. It was the notice."

5 years ago '08        #40
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
 stv18 said:
The card got cancelled cuz Dana did it. He made a sh*tty card with no co main and no other good f!ghts.
I agree with you. But we're way past that point now.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy