UFC 151 Canceled: Dan Henderson Injured, Jones Turns Down Sonnen As replacement

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
42 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #221
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
f!ghters f!ght...plain and simple.

Whether or not Jones gains anything accepting f!ght is irrelevant. Sonnen not deserving a shot at the title is irrelevant.

Others turned down the f!ght....Sonnen didn't, knowing even with the 8 days, he'd get NO gym time. He's a loud mouth, but he proved he's a f!ghtER.

Would Chuck or Randy, in f!ghting shape, turn down a f!ght with a 185lber who wasn't prepared? No, they'd accept the f!ght, because that's what f!ghters do.

There's absolutely no way any sane person can spin this to look good from Bones or Greg Jackson.
 08-24-2012, 12:48 AM         #222
WMYakballzWM  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How are u just gunna hand out title shots to random f!ghters/ especailly one taht just got knockedthe fu*k out? glad jones knows hes the best and only f!ghts the best
 5 years ago '05        #223
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 Russ369 said:
Wow I just listened to the conference call... Dana is a scumbag, the way he's blaming and throwing Jon Jones under the bus... BUDDY! MAKE A fu*kING REAL CARD! Im fu*king SURE he could of easily thrown a sh*t-ton of money at a couple of guys and made a fill-in Main Event... Sonne was ready, call up Wandy or somebody, anybody! He could of done Sonnen Vs. Gus, doesn't matter... Dana is a douche for this one...
You're thinking of it from a fans perspective. You're thinking of it as someone who is sitting at home as well. People who bought tickets would be PISSED of Jones was pulled off of the card a week before the event. Jones is/was the headliner on that card. If I were going to the event and bought tickets, air fair, hotels, arranged for transportation while out there, ect. I would be PISSED if I found out that Jones didn't want to f!ght anymore.

Dana tried to save the card by finding a replacement, but your golden boy didn't want to step up to the plate. He could have just beat the sh*t out of a 185er who has had (AT MAX) a few weeks to prepare.

Anyway you slice it, Jones is a bi*ch for this.
 5 years ago '05        #224
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,260 | Props total: 2440 2440
 creep said:
They just said Machida turned down to f!ght Bones. Belfort is stepping up. LOL
holly fu*king sh*t machida is stupid for declining this f!ght this whole situation would of been perfect for him to take back the spot light that he lost lol

i wanna hear dana whites conference call now

Last edited by HiRolliN; 08-24-2012 at 01:10 AM..
 08-24-2012, 01:05 AM         #225
WMYakballzWM  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If I was Dana White, I'd want that f!ght to happen too. If I owned a part of UFC, I'd want that f!ght to happen too. If I was a light heavyweight f!ghter in the UFC, I'd be pissed if Sonnen gets a title shot.
 5 years ago '05        #226
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 Anahuac said:
When McDonald and Penn were scrapped for 152 did he cancel the event? No.

This card was canceled because Dana booked a weak card and had no f!ght to raise into the main event.
While I understand what you're saying, I disagree. While Penn is still a top f!ghter fanbase wise, he's not on Jones' level anymore.

Jones is nearing Silva's or GSP's level. If you pull one of them off of the card, a week before the event (which is key here... 152 was almost 2 months away when Penn and Rory were scrapped), then you have to scrap the event UNLESS you find a replacement f!ghter that people want to see.
 5 years ago '04        #227
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
I can't believe im gonna be there live! Man, i've been to all the cards here in Toronto, and all 3 (this being the 3rd) have been AMAZING cards on paper with great f!ghts at the end (this one will be im sure)... Feel bad for the UK and European cards that are usual garbage that they put on lol
 08-24-2012, 01:33 AM         #228
twt88  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And in other f*g SOUL-CRUSHING news , Lance Armstrong? is tired of being tore up and HOUNDED by the Feds

5 years ago '05        #229
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 Anahuac said:
152 was still set to go on because Dana booked a strong co-main event. Mendes vs Johnson for the Flyweight title is main event material. Ellenberger vs Hieron is not.

Mendes vs Johnson isn't main event material.

Dana just doesn't want to scrap a whole UFC event unless he has to. People will still go to watch UFC 152 without Penn because he doesn't have the base anymore that Jones now has. If Jones isn't on 151 card, then people are throwing a fit. If Mendes or Johnson isn't on a card nobody gives a sh*t.

You know what I am saying?
 5 years ago '05        #230
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
8 days to f!ght someone after preparing for 1 guy for months & this guy just came off a loss and gets a automatic title shot? Bullsh*t. I'm sick of the Sonnen love show in the UFC. Dana White is so fu*kin biased. He the same way with Frankie Edgar(Dont get me wrong Edgar is dope.) but go back to Bendo vs Edgar 1 after Edgar lost that bout Dana White was in such a pissy a.ss mood claiming it was because of the press conference set up naw he was mad his love child lost that belt. I think the way he speaks out on f!ghters will cost him a lot down the line.
 08-24-2012, 03:59 AM         #231
aftrmath959  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
ppl are morons calling jones a pus*y. look who he has ran through, 5-6 names better than anybody on sonnen's resume. this f!ght will get made, just wouldnt have done the numbers on short notice that it will when its fully promoted next year. jones worried about that paper, he also didnt want to be dana's bi*ch.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #232
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,621 | Props total: 2468 2468
 5 years ago '04        #233
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
That's good for business.....
 5 years ago '10        #234
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
A f!ghter prepare months in advance to f!ght a certain f!ghter...
this was a smart move...they're trying to set Jones up

f!ghting is like Chess not Checkers

Last edited by rdrake; 08-24-2012 at 08:21 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #235
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 rdrake said:
A f!ghter prepare months in advance to f!ght a certain f!ghter...
this was a smart move...they're trying to set Jones up

f!ghting is like Chess not Checkers
f!ghters f!ght.

Sonnen took the f!ght on 8 days notice with no gym time. Like you said, a f!ghter prepares months in advance to f!ght a certain f!ghter.......and Sonnen to the f!ght with 8 days notice. Jones is in f!ghting shape, Chael is not...and he's moving up from 185.

No matter how you spin it, the f!ghter at a tremendous disadvantage here would have been Sonnen, not Bones.
 5 years ago '04        #236
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
Man Jones has nothing to gain from f!ghting a roider on 8 days notice. If Jones wins Sonnen was out of his league, if Jones loses Sonnen becomes a demi-god. No way I take that f!ght either. Hendo gets hurt 10 days before the f!ght and they're blaming Jones for not taking a new f!ght on a weeks notice?

Imagine if in the NCAA title game last year a week before they told Alabama, now you gotta play Stanford or OK St. instead of LSU because the team went out smoking with Honey Badger and they all suspended. Would you take that game or just go out as #1 on all the polls and take your national championship due to LSU being DQ'd? Or say sure I'll play Oregon in February when I can game plan for them and give my best performance.
 5 years ago '04        #237
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
 JBeezy said:
f!ghters f!ght.

Sonnen took the f!ght on 8 days notice with no gym time. Like you said, a f!ghter prepares months in advance to f!ght a certain f!ghter.......and Sonnen to the f!ght with 8 days notice. Jones is in f!ghting shape, Chael is not...and he's moving up from 185.

No matter how you spin it, the f!ghter at a tremendous disadvantage here would have been Sonnen, not Bones.
You due realize Sonnen (and Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar) are the only UFC f!ghters who can lose continuously and still keep getting title shots out the a.ss. Ask Gray Maynard or the Diaz brothers or Shane Carwin or Rampage or even Machida how long it takes to get another title shot after they lose a f!ght to the champ of their division?
 5 years ago '04        #238
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,480 | Props total: 7139 7139
 Youngin19 said:
jon jones is the champ. he don't have to take f!ghts at 8 days notice. that f*ggot dana put hendo in front of him and he agreed to f!ght him. Hendo got hurt to close to the f!ght, simple as that. You'll never see Mayweather take a f!ght at 8 days notice because that's just not how champs operate.

If you wanna f!ght jones, wait your turn. when the times comes, you'll get your a.ss whipped just like all the rest.
And this is the type of f!ghter Dana doesn't want on his roster. Jones is doing what he wants and he's not the company's biggest draw. Imagine being in Dana's spot and dealing with 3 or 4 top guys who ALWAYS put themselves before the company. This may completely backfire on Jones, but he opened the door to f!ghters thinking outside of the UFC mentality. Down the line you may get a few guys with legit claims to being the best in their weight class leaving UFC and all going to a company that will have no problem stroking their egos if they're bringing in a lot of money.
 08-24-2012, 09:40 AM         #239
Youngin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mumbletaker said:
And this is the type of f!ghter Dana doesn't want on his roster. Jones is doing what he wants and he's not the company's biggest draw. Imagine being in Dana's spot and dealing with 3 or 4 top guys who ALWAYS put themselves before the company. This may completely backfire on Jones, but he opened the door to f!ghters thinking outside of the UFC mentality. Down the line you may get a few guys with legit claims to being the best in their weight class leaving UFC and all going to a company that will have no problem stroking their egos if they're bringing in a lot of money.
fu*k Dana white! he don't pay well enough for anyone to sacrifice themselves for his company. Who the fu*k he think he is?
 5 years ago '07        #240
kounterfit21 
space
space
$474 | Props total: 0 0
Really screws up the lesser known f!ghters on the undercard who are trying to pay rent.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy