UFC 151 Canceled: Dan Henderson Injured, Jones Turns Down Sonnen As replacement

most viewed right now
 131
Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 117
Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 77
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 63
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #201
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,974 | Props total: 4689 4689
 HiRolliN said:
it would fu*k with foxs programing schedule there sponsors that paid money for commercial time would be fu*king pissed. also it would take some major work to in the production department to shuffle sh*t around. there programing schedule is set months in advance.

cool, i was just wondering but ya it would have been a real scramble to move it. bottom line imo this is on dana for having a weak a.ss card, when other main events have gotten canceled due to injury or something the other f!ghts were pushed forward. this card was weak bullsh*t to begin with.
 5 years ago '06        #202
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
avatar space
space
$24,239 | Props total: 5042 5042
that end of the line didnt sure didnt last lng from Dana
 08-23-2012, 10:28 PM         #203
Gramzsdfasdfsdf  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
cool, i was just wondering but ya it would have been a real scramble to move it. bottom line imo this is on dana for having a weak a.ss card, when other main events have gotten canceled due to injury or something the other f!ghts were pushed forward. this card was weak bullsh*t to begin with.
No, it's absolutely on Jon Jones for refusing to defend his title against a guy moving up another weight class.

He had already did a whole camp while Chael wasn't going to f!ght until December.

It wasn't in his best interest to p!ss off Zuffa. He's going to find himself f!ghting in Bellator or overseas the first time he loses.
 5 years ago '06        #204
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$20,499 | Props total: 4816 4816
 Hu$tLa said:

[pic - click to view]


I agree
 5 years ago '05        #205
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
avatar space
space
$20,282 | Props total: 2474 2474
 jj01 said:
cool, i was just wondering but ya it would have been a real scramble to move it. bottom line imo this is on dana for having a weak a.ss card, when other main events have gotten canceled due to injury or something the other f!ghts were pushed forward. this card was weak bullsh*t to begin with.
your right there have been other main event cards that have had one of the original f!ghters get injured and couldnt f!ght but when some one else agreed to take the place of that injured f!ghter the opponent (weather he wasn or wasnt the champ) didnt refuse the f!ght.

they could of "pushed forward" with the sonnen f!ght and jones refused.


Last edited by HiRolliN; 08-23-2012 at 10:41 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #206
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,974 | Props total: 4689 4689
 Gramz said:
No, it's absolutely on Jon Jones for refusing to defend his title against a guy moving up another weight class.

He had already did a whole camp while Chael wasn't going to f!ght until December.

It wasn't in his best interest to p!ss off Zuffa. He's going to find himself f!ghting in Bellator or overseas the first time he loses.

that chael f!ght isnt going anywhere tho, y not max promote it for the full 3-4 months to add more paper to his stacks? this f!ght on short notice will do nowhere near what it could with a nice card behind it and months of back and forth between the 2.
 5 years ago '07        #207
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,837 | Props total: 2000 2000
Jones vs Sonnen would have made numbers no doubt better numbers than Jones vs Machida but not on 8 days notices you really think that that much people that didn't wanna order the Hendo Bones f!ght would've ordered it now? I highly doubt that

and I'm asking is it really fair for Dana to hold it against Bones to scrap up the whole card because he turned down the f!ght? is it Bones fault the card couldn't hold on itself? Say Nate Diaz got injured and Bendo doesn't want to take on Pettis on 8 days notice and the title f!ght is scrapped that card is still going on because they made a great job building a solid card.
Dana and Silva are both to blame for this fiasco

and lets get something straight Bones was on his way to be the poster boy of the UFC last I check its still GSP doing the numbers lets not over dramatize this

It may not have been a good business move by Jones cuz now the company is mad at him the fans that already hated him for whatever reasons will have more ammo and some fans will turn on him. I really hate how Dana put the blame all on Jones like he has no accountability on this and you're the fu*king boss come on son this should be a lesson for him to always make sure the cards are interesting outside of the main event
 5 years ago '04        #208
dirt diesal 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$672 | Props total: 9 9
 all3rd said:


never thought there would be a day when i'd agree with or respect chael. but f!ghters f!ght and it could of easliy been made a non title f!ght. it comes down to one thing though, JJ is not on the spiders level and chael would have beat him down. jones knew and/or his team knew it. oh well, he'll just never be called "the people's champ"
 5 years ago '05        #209
cmg5683 
space
avatar space
space
$380 | Props total: 1 1
 TRILL SH1T said:
Why and the fu*k would Dana even offer Chael that f!ght? I'm convinced Chael and Dana are lovers how the hell is Chael deserving at all of that offer? It's laughable
I was thinking the same sh*t. Dude just got destroyed by Silva, and now he deserves an immediate Championship f!ght...GTFOH I'd rather watch the Machida f!ght if I can't see Hendo. Lyoto looked focused as fu*k in that last f!ght.
 5 years ago '05        #210
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
avatar space
space
$20,282 | Props total: 2474 2474
 RJ96 said:
Jones vs Sonnen would have made numbers no doubt better numbers than Jones vs Machida but not on 8 days notices you really think that that much people that didn't wanna order the Hendo Bones f!ght would've ordered it now? I highly doubt that

and I'm asking is it really fair for Dana to hold it against Bones to scrap up the whole card because he turned down the f!ght? is it Bones fault the card couldn't hold on itself? Say Nate Diaz got injured and Bendo doesn't want to take on Pettis on 8 days notice and the title f!ght is scrapped that card is still going on because they made a great job building a solid card.
Dana and Silva are both to blame for this fiasco

and lets get something straight Bones was on his way to be the poster boy of the UFC last I check its still GSP doing the numbers lets not over dramatize this

It may not have been a good business move by Jones cuz now the company is mad at him the fans that already hated him for whatever reasons will have more ammo and some fans will turn on him. I really hate how Dana put the blame all on Jones like he has no accountability on this and you're the fu*king boss come on son this should be a lesson for him to always make sure the cards are interesting outside of the main event
ya it wouldnt of made the numbers zuffa wanted but it would of been better from a business stand point to atleast re coup some money to try and level off the debt they incurred from promoting, booking the MGM grand, selling tickets, PPV sales and now pissing off customers that traveled to see the f!ght.

the decision jones made not only effects the fans but also effect the company he works for and that was a stupid decision by his camp that told him not to take the f!ght when they said taking the f!ght would be the worst mma decision of his career.


Last edited by HiRolliN; 08-23-2012 at 10:50 PM..
 08-23-2012, 11:06 PM         #211
Youngin19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jon jones is the champ. he don't have to take f!ghts at 8 days notice. that f*ggot dana put hendo in front of him and he agreed to f!ght him. Hendo got hurt to close to the f!ght, simple as that. You'll never see Mayweather take a f!ght at 8 days notice because that's just not how champs operate.








If you wanna f!ght jones, wait your turn. when the times comes, you'll get your a.ss whipped just like all the rest.
 5 years ago '06        #212
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
It's mainly Dana's fault for putting together such a sh*tty card that placed it's entire life in the hands of one f!ght.
 5 years ago '04        #213
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
 modalee said:
It's mainly Dana's fault for putting together such a sh*tty card that placed it's entire life in the hands of one f!ght.
This 100%.

Jones had nothing to gain from f!ghting Sonnen, especially on a weeks notice... He doesn't owe the UFC anything, sure it would of saved the card, but it's Dana's fault and Joe Silva's fault, not his...

Everyone handled this situation poorly, the upper management in the UFC especially... They could of offered Sonnen someone else to f!ght seeing that he was ready to go for 151...

All in all, im happy because the f!ght is moved to 152, and im gonna be there... The card got alot better, and its gonna be great...

I dont know how people are mad at Jones for ducking Sonnen, when Machida is easily a tougher f!ght and a more challenging opponent...
 5 years ago '09        #214
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
avatar space
space
$49,109 | Props total: 22562 22562
 Russ369 said:
This 100%.

Jones had nothing to gain from f!ghting Sonnen, especially on a weeks notice... He doesn't owe the UFC anything, sure it would of saved the card, but it's Dana's fault and Joe Silva's fault, not his...

Everyone handled this situation poorly, the upper management in the UFC especially... They could of offered Sonnen someone else to f!ght seeing that he was ready to go for 151...

All in all, im happy because the f!ght is moved to 152, and im gonna be there... The card got alot better, and its gonna be great...

I dont know how people are mad at Jones for ducking Sonnen, when Machida is easily a tougher f!ght and a more challenging opponent...
Apparently when your originally set to f!ght a superior opponent, and then that guy can't go (which has nothing to do with you) so you refuse an inferior opponent that hasn't even been training, your a coward. sh*t's like kobe and wade about to go 1 on 1, and then the last minute wade hurts himself like always and then they try to ask kobe to play against kevin martin so he says nah fu*k that im out.
 5 years ago '09        #215
Mumbles253 
space
avatar space
space
$467 | Props total: 1 1
[QUOTE=AnyGiven;24362295] Yooooo not even sure if I should respond. He is the poster child of the UFC. Its not rocket science. He's with Dana White doing ads and commercials everytime. He is the one being interviewed about MMA. When a f!ghter is dominant he is marketable. He is being pushed as the greatest (those Muhammed Ali ads. lol). He doesn't wish for him to lose (He does now).

Rondo an Ray Allen T.o and McNabb both hated each other an still did commercials together an threw plenty of passes to em not the first or last to work wit someone they dont like. Ma Fucca if a n*gga is bringing you in money, he could p!ss on your door step with you on it an you would still shake hands with the mutha fucca on camera. Not gunna change your mind cause he didn't f!ght White has a reason to express it to the media.

what?! He wants to see f!ghts like everyone else. Thats it.



People buy these f!ghts because they want to see the best f!ghters in the world f!ght. Who are you speaking for?



Because its the biggest f!ght in MMA history who wouldn't want to see this f!ght? This would break records I'm done



noooooo bro a f!ght where the champ might not win sells WAY more then a f!ght everyone knows who will win. He put GSP an Silva against each other so fans can see one loose same with pac man an mayweather people wanna see the unbeatable loose a f!ght. When i say people i mean cats who watch mma not for the love of the sport but to see someone get there head beat in ya know. Fans watch for the sport PEOPLE watch whats hot an most PEOPLE watch to see someone loose not so much as someone winning. theres plenty people who watch an dont know sh*t about mma actually a lot of em. you shouldnt have commented
 5 years ago '09        #216
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
avatar space
space
$49,109 | Props total: 22562 22562
[quote=Mumbles253;24363339]
 AnyGiven said:
Yooooo not even sure if I should respond. He is the poster child of the UFC. Its not rocket science. He's with Dana White doing ads and commercials everytime. He is the one being interviewed about MMA. When a f!ghter is dominant he is marketable. He is being pushed as the greatest (those Muhammed Ali ads. lol). He doesn't wish for him to lose (He does now).

Rondo an Ray Allen T.o and McNabb both hated each other an still did commercials together an threw plenty of passes to em not the first or last to work wit someone they dont like. Ma Fucca if a n*gga is bringing you in money, he could p!ss on your door step with you on it an you would still shake hands with the mutha fucca on camera. Not gunna change your mind cause he didn't f!ght White has a reason to express it to the media.

what?! He wants to see f!ghts like everyone else. Thats it.



People buy these f!ghts because they want to see the best f!ghters in the world f!ght. Who are you speaking for?



Because its the biggest f!ght in MMA history who wouldn't want to see this f!ght? This would break records I'm done



noooooo bro a f!ght where the champ might not win sells WAY more then a f!ght everyone knows who will win. He put GSP an Silva against each other so fans can see one loose same with pac man an mayweather people wanna see the unbeatable loose a f!ght. When i say people i mean cats who watch mma not for the love of the sport but to see someone get there head beat in ya know. Fans watch for the sport PEOPLE watch whats hot an most PEOPLE watch to see someone loose not so much as someone winning. theres plenty people who watch an dont know sh*t about mma actually a lot of em. you shouldnt have commented
Rondo didn't hate ray. & It wasn't always like that. As time went on Ray developed a certain level of jealousy regarding his ascension. & TO just thought mcnabb was a chunky bi*ch n*gga.

I'm tired of runnin the god damn route for nothin! TO was that n*gga


Last edited by TriniSoldier; 08-23-2012 at 11:27 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #217
Mumbles253 
space
avatar space
space
$467 | Props total: 1 1
[quote=TriniSoldier;24363353]
 Mumbles253 said:
Rondo didn't hate ray. & It wasn't always like that. As time went on Ray developed a certain level of jealousy regarding his ascension. & TO just thought mcnabb was a chunky bi*ch n*gga.

I'm tired of runnin the god damn route for nothin! TO was that n*gga
lol your splitting hairs now. point is none of them liked each other an they still worked together Dana white is not very professional an hes the main reason fox an espn aint wanna fu*k wit UFC for the longest
 08-23-2012, 11:38 PM         #218
PradalSerey  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '04        #219
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
Wow I just listened to the conference call... Dana is a scumbag, the way he's blaming and throwing Jon Jones under the bus... BUDDY! MAKE A fu*kING REAL CARD! Im fu*king SURE he could of easily thrown a sh*t-ton of money at a couple of guys and made a fill-in Main Event... Sonne was ready, call up Wandy or somebody, anybody! He could of done Sonnen Vs. Gus, doesn't matter... Dana is a douche for this one...
 5 years ago '04        #220
creep 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
They just said Machida turned down to f!ght Bones. Belfort is stepping up. LOL
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 33
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 31
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 10
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 10
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy