T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
Jackstunt 
space
space
space
$1,550 | Props total: 15 15
Weird. I was under the impression that T.I. used ghostwriters.
 08-23-2012, 10:55 PM         #82
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i've seen dudes in the studio rapping with their boys...and their boy will have a verse and just give that verse to them because his delivery is better. i thought that was common to an extent. i could see lox trading lines or something...like yo, this would sound dope
 5 years ago '04        #83
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,687 | Props total: 11370 11370
 Game375 said:
[IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]
 5 years ago '04        #84
Satchel Paige 
space
space
space
$324 | Props total: 24 24
 ImInHerMouth said:
How about if I feel the same way, hooks included tho, Tip?

iight then.
this. i mean i think its def. considered an acceptable practice but shouldnt someone who writes his/her own songs top to bottom be considered greater or more talented than someone who does not?
 5 years ago '10        #85
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
This is true i mean I come up with hooks and somtimes someone esle does but verses? never I write my own a few times my mans and them help out on the las few words of a verse but I write my own sh*t
 5 years ago '05        #86
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
Just wondering what some of ya'll's interpretation or definition of ghostwriting is exactly, cause if the writer is credited how on earth is that ghostwriting? Ghostwriting I thought was someone writing your stuff that doesnt get credited just gets the money, we all know who wrote for Dre he aint hiding it, same with Ye.
 5 years ago '11        #87
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Ms_Krizzi_86 said:
They don't use the term "Ghost writer" in RnB for a logical reason.

The point of a rapper/Emcee is to show their talent through lyrics (expression artistry through verbal content).

The point of a RnB artist/Singer is to show their talent through voice/pitch.

They are two different plateaus although comprised of similar elements. Any person on earth can rap someone's lyrics with rhythm but You cannot see a artist's lyrical talent if someone is writing the lyrics for the artist. This is equivalent to you writing a poem and have me perform it only because I can express the lyrics for people to "feel" it better than you but those EXPRESSIONS (words) I used are not mines and this gives people the false hope of a good poet. However, one can show your voice talent no matter who writes it because it is about the tones/voice/pitch not about the lyrics. People were not mad at Milli Vanilla because they couldn't write but the fact that they couldn't sing.

Edit:
Oh I forgot to add this
You're right. But at the same time, a lot of things go into rapping besides saying it with "rhythm". There's breath control, delivery, tone, voice. I can give you some of TI's lyrics but that doesn't mean you'll be as good a rapper as TI. 50 was writing for Game, but he said Game was a great rapper...he just couldn't write.
 5 years ago '05        #88
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
The hook is usually the producers teams job, everyone in the industry know that.
 5 years ago '04        #89
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$18,973 | Props total: 4579 4579
 young_emay said:
bet he never said that to dre when he was ghostwriting for him
what did he say thats a diss he mentioned if thats the best way to put out the best music then go for it.....

he only saidu cant be considered a alltime rap great when u aint write your own lyrics whats wrong with that?
 5 years ago '04        #90
space
space
 ImInHerMouth said:
You're right. But at the same time, a lot of things go into rapping besides saying it with "rhythm". There's breath control, delivery, tone, voice. I can give you some of TI's lyrics but that doesn't mean you'll be as good a rapper as TI. 50 was writing for Game, but he said Game was a great rapper...he just couldn't write.
50 wrote hooks for game .......game isnt a great song writer meaning he good with verses the two best hooks he really ever had were 50cents idea
 5 years ago '04        #91
space
space
 Satchel Paige said:
this. i mean i think its def. considered an acceptable practice but shouldnt someone who writes his/her own songs top to bottom be considered greater or more talented than someone who does not?
and hooks in my experience are usually shared when u collaborating or the beat is given to

you kinda like the hook for lucifer was already done and performed by yeezy and jay just used

it thats normal.....
 5 years ago '06        #92
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,750 | Props total: 2955 2955

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #93
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,006 | Props total: 607 607
 J_Teflon said:
 5 years ago '09        #94
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,015 | Props total: 7801 7801
 ImInHerMouth said:
I agree with you and thank you. However, I think you fairly understood what I am talking about. If we were making a pizza, the main thing you need is the pizza crust or you cannot continue. Delivery, breath control etc is extra stuff like a pizza topping.

Primarily for a rapper, the talent you are displaying is the lyrical verbal expression. Primarily for a singer the talent you are displaying is your ability of your natural pitch/voice. I can say those extras for singing is breath control, delivery etc but those things are unimportant to the key element of what you are being employed for. You had people like Mase (dead tone) and Silk the Shocker (off beat) with some of the most saddest deliveries but it was the expression verbally in the lyrics people keyed in on.

Like I was saying, people were not mad at Milli Vanilli because they were not good writers, it was the fact they couldn't sing. The key element is having that voice. The key element for a rapper is that verbal expression. Give a mic to my 3 year old little cousin guaranteed he can "rap". A rapper is just a poet over a beat. Not to offend you or anyone here who may be a rapper but Rapping is not a action you need to go to trade school for. It is a elementary job compared to other entertainment pieces in this world. I mean look at it now, Rapping is so easy many people are jumping on to build to industry with no tools (talent) because people don't look at the primary talent of lyrical verbal expression anymore, now-a-days it's the beat and the best hook.

Last edited by MS KRISSI lpe33; 08-24-2012 at 01:49 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #95
SM 38172 heat pts38172 OP
space
space
$127,875 | Props total: 67250 67250
 MarcusF87 said:
 5 years ago '07        #96
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,957 | Props total: 5869 5869
 Retro said:
You talkin about this...

Man lyrics and beat were nasty
 5 years ago '12        #97
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,463 | Props total: 12980 12980
 turntabledj said:
yeah, TIP wrote for Bow Wow plenty of times... Ross starting to sound a lot like Wale and Meek tho - might be sneak dissing on him too
Ross never had ghost writers. As a matter of fact, ross is a ghost writer himself. He wrote for artists on slip n slide records as well as other rappers.
 5 years ago '04        #98
BigWillyNYG 5 heat pts
space
space
$949 | Props total: 156 156
I respect the sh*t out of T.I. And in the real picture, he is right.

But anyone of you that went after Dr. Dre? Come on. Diddy? I understand and agree with.

Does Dr. Dre write anything he raps? Not what I heard. Does he make all of his own beats? Nope. Is he 100% involved in the creation of the music he puts his name on? Yep.

It's not hard to hear the difference between the Slim Shady LP (Dre completely oversaw), The Marshall Mathers Lp (Dre still very involved)....And every CD after. The Eminem Show was still nice, but you could sense the missing piece. Each album after...no wonder Em got into pills.
 5 years ago '06        #99
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 460 460
i think as long as the end result sounds good it doesn't matter. We will never really know if somebody ghost wrote it unless they tell us. 95% of the sh*t that comes out of rappers mouths is bullsh*t anyways so why does it matter who wrote it? We dont complain that the actors didnt write the lines they say in the movies. When we watch a funny tv show we dont usually say "this show has good writers" we say "these people are funny".
 5 years ago '04        #100
BigWillyNYG 5 heat pts
space
space
$949 | Props total: 156 156
 LakerFan said:
i think as long as the end result sounds good it doesn't matter. We will never really know if somebody ghost wrote it unless they tell us. 95% of the sh*t that comes out of rappers mouths is bullsh*t anyways so why does it matter who wrote it? We dont complain that the actors didnt write the lines they say in the movies. When we watch a funny tv show we dont usually say "this show has good writers" we say "these people are funny".
Great post.

That's all I got.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy