T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
194 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
10347 pageviews
118 comments

SM 38163 heat pts38163
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67066 67066
T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name

T.I. On If ghostwriting takes away from hip hop:

I donít know. Iíve never done it myself. Iíve never done it. I sat in rooms and I challenge myself with the verses. Bounce them off the minds of people in the room. Iíve had people write hooks for me and sh-t, but verses? Iíve never had anyone do that. If it works for them, then sh-t, keep doing it, if thatís what it takes. Iíd rather have somebody whoís my favorite, collaborate with somebody else and have the best possible project they can have, than do it on their own, and it be some bullsh-t. As a fan of music, I think as long as the best possible project was delivered to the fans, thatís all that matters.

If they are going to try to compare themselves to the greats now, then I think you must have an asterisk by their name. If youíre considered a great, then whoever was helping you should be up there in a column with your name as well.

[pic - click to view]

T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name | THEHIPHOPUPDATE.com
Lurker gave props

118 comments for "T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name"

5 years ago '09        #2
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
 PLK187 said:
shots fired
Lurker gave props

5 years ago '05        #3
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,234 | Props total: 9632 9632
Imma file this under the 'No sh*t' category and leave it at that.
 08-23-2012, 11:10 AM         #4
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well by those standards if you should be in jail for the rest of your natural life and you only managed to get a slap on the wrist..........there should be an astrik by your whole career's validity
 5 years ago '10        #5
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
Just say NAS name!!!!!!! I want nasty NAS on some ETHER sh*t.
 5 years ago '11        #6
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #7
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 SM said:
I donít know. Iíve never done it myself. Iíve never done it. I sat in rooms and I challenge myself with the verses. Bounce them off the minds of people in the room. Iíve had people write hooks for me and sh-t, but verses? Iíve never had anyone do that. If it works for them, then sh-t, keep doing it, if thatís what it takes. Iíd rather have somebody whoís my favorite, collaborate with somebody else and have the best possible project they can have, than do it on their own, and it be some bullsh-t. As a fan of music, I think as long as the best possible project was delivered to the fans, thatís all that matters.
This is exactly why it'll never happen. Some think ghost writers are those minds that help mold the verses. Some think even if you just got your hook wrote since it's an integral part of the song that you should have an asterisk.

Criteria that's up for interpretation will never see implementation...
 5 years ago '05        #8
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
space
$10,187 | Props total: 8491 8491
 SM said:
If they are going to try to compare themselves to the greats now, then I think you must have an asterisk by their name. If youíre considered a great, then whoever was helping you should be up there in a column with your name as well.
Agreed...the same should go for ghost-producers....
 08-23-2012, 11:15 AM         #9
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He has somewhat of a point, u wanna be included in the GOAT list thenm u better write all ur own sh*t, cuz if them words aint urs then u lose a 1000 points..Hooks are the only exception or maybe using someone elses line as a form of flattery

I dont think Nas has ghostwriters, i think thats been established and the people who allegedly wrote for him said they didnt ghost write for Nas.
 5 years ago '09        #10
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
 Retro said:
This is exactly why it'll never happen. Some think ghost writers are those minds that help mold the verses. Some think even if you just got your hook wrote since it's an integral part of the song that you should have an asterisk.

Criteria that's up for interpretation will never see implementation...
 5 years ago '07        #11
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,953 | Props total: 5865 5865
Dr. Dre
 08-23-2012, 11:29 AM         #12
Symon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RubbahBandMayn said:
Dr. Dre
Who T.I. ghostwrote for (I remember that song with Nas that leaked a few years ago...).
 5 years ago '11        #13
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
I agree but I think everybody got help before for a hook atleast there's a reason for all them people being in the studio and if somebody got a good hook or lines I doubt you will turn them down
 5 years ago '12        #14
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 FoShizzle8 said:
like anyone cares about T.I anyway

dudes to busy going off on kids on instragram
 5 years ago '09        #15
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,594 | Props total: 4551 4551
hooks are common for n*ggas to get help wit. ya boy or the producer might have somethin catchy in mind and help u out a lil, but verses i mean c'mon...i mean if u got problems finishin the last line of a verse n someone helps out that aint a problem. but a full verse? nah, that takes away half the art of emceeing
 5 years ago '07        #16
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,953 | Props total: 5865 5865
 Symon said:
Who T.I. ghostwrote for (I remember that song with Nas that leaked a few years ago...).
sh*t Popped Off and I can't remember the name of the song with Nas. But I hope D.O.C got paid for his pen
 5 years ago '11        #17
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 RubbahBandMayn said:
sh*t Popped Off and I can't remember the name of the song with Nas. But I hope D.O.C got paid for his pen
You talkin about this...

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #18
Barge 
space
space
$2,126 | Props total: 347 347
 MakaveliToDon91 said:
hooks are common for n*ggas to get help wit. ya boy or the producer might have somethin catchy in mind and help u out a lil, but verses i mean c'mon...i mean if u got problems finishin the last line of a verse n someone helps out that aint a problem. but a full verse? nah, that takes away half the art of emceeing
 5 years ago '06        #19
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,209 | Props total: 4479 4479
We all know Kanye and dre have ghostwriters,who is he talking about tho?
Lurker gave props

5 years ago '07        #20
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
I agree with him 100%
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago