T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name

most viewed right now
 114
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 77
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
79 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 72
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 63
Video inside Lil Tayís family is coaching her to say the N word.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
10470 pageviews
118 comments


SM 39060 heat pts39060
space
space
space
$133,667 | Props total: 87682 87682
T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name
 

 

T.I. On If ghostwriting takes away from hip hop:

I donít know. Iíve never done it myself. Iíve never done it. I sat in rooms and I challenge myself with the verses. Bounce them off the minds of people in the room. Iíve had people write hooks for me and sh-t, but verses? Iíve never had anyone do that. If it works for them, then sh-t, keep doing it, if thatís what it takes. Iíd rather have somebody whoís my favorite, collaborate with somebody else and have the best possible project they can have, than do it on their own, and it be some bullsh-t. As a fan of music, I think as long as the best possible project was delivered to the fans, thatís all that matters.

If they are going to try to compare themselves to the greats now, then I think you must have an asterisk by their name. If youíre considered a great, then whoever was helping you should be up there in a column with your name as well.


[pic - click to view]

 T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name | THEHIPHOPUPDATE.com
Lurker gave props
 

118 comments for "T.I. Thinks If You Use Ghostwriters, You Need an Asterisk By Your Name"

 6 years ago '09        #2
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$49,527 | Props total: 9339 9339
 PLK187 said:
shots fired
Lurker gave props
 
 6 years ago '05        #3
WCIB 116 heat pts116
space
avatar space
space
$25,766 | Props total: 10961 10961
Imma file this under the 'No sh*t' category and leave it at that.
 08-23-2012, 10:10 AM         #4
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well by those standards if you should be in jail for the rest of your natural life and you only managed to get a slap on the wrist..........there should be an astrik by your whole career's validity
 6 years ago '10        #5
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,588 | Props total: 9906 9906
Just say NAS name!!!!!!! I want nasty NAS on some ETHER sh*t.
 6 years ago '11        #6
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
avatar space
space
$9,200 | Props total: 37 37

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '11        #7
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 376 376
 SM said:
I donít know. Iíve never done it myself. Iíve never done it. I sat in rooms and I challenge myself with the verses. Bounce them off the minds of people in the room. Iíve had people write hooks for me and sh-t, but verses? Iíve never had anyone do that. If it works for them, then sh-t, keep doing it, if thatís what it takes. Iíd rather have somebody whoís my favorite, collaborate with somebody else and have the best possible project they can have, than do it on their own, and it be some bullsh-t. As a fan of music, I think as long as the best possible project was delivered to the fans, thatís all that matters.
This is exactly why it'll never happen. Some think ghost writers are those minds that help mold the verses. Some think even if you just got your hook wrote since it's an integral part of the song that you should have an asterisk.

Criteria that's up for interpretation will never see implementation...
 6 years ago '05        #8
MemphBleek05 54 heat pts54
space
avatar space
space
$11,086 | Props total: 13738 13738
 SM said:
If they are going to try to compare themselves to the greats now, then I think you must have an asterisk by their name. If youíre considered a great, then whoever was helping you should be up there in a column with your name as well.
Agreed...the same should go for ghost-producers....
 08-23-2012, 10:15 AM         #9
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He has somewhat of a point, u wanna be included in the GOAT list thenm u better write all ur own sh*t, cuz if them words aint urs then u lose a 1000 points..Hooks are the only exception or maybe using someone elses line as a form of flattery

I dont think Nas has ghostwriters, i think thats been established and the people who allegedly wrote for him said they didnt ghost write for Nas.
 6 years ago '09        #10
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$49,527 | Props total: 9339 9339
 Retro said:
This is exactly why it'll never happen. Some think ghost writers are those minds that help mold the verses. Some think even if you just got your hook wrote since it's an integral part of the song that you should have an asterisk.

Criteria that's up for interpretation will never see implementation...
 6 years ago '07        #11
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,303 | Props total: 6432 6432
Dr. Dre
 08-23-2012, 10:29 AM         #12
Symon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RubbahBandMayn said:
Dr. Dre
Who T.I. ghostwrote for (I remember that song with Nas that leaked a few years ago...).
 6 years ago '11        #13
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2618 2618
I agree but I think everybody got help before for a hook atleast there's a reason for all them people being in the studio and if somebody got a good hook or lines I doubt you will turn them down
 6 years ago '12        #14
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 FoShizzle8 said:
like anyone cares about T.I anyway

dudes to busy going off on kids on instragram
 6 years ago '09        #15
MakaveliToDon91 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$6,204 | Props total: 8003 8003
hooks are common for n*ggas to get help wit. ya boy or the producer might have somethin catchy in mind and help u out a lil, but verses i mean c'mon...i mean if u got problems finishin the last line of a verse n someone helps out that aint a problem. but a full verse? nah, that takes away half the art of emceeing
 6 years ago '07        #16
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,303 | Props total: 6432 6432
 Symon said:
Who T.I. ghostwrote for (I remember that song with Nas that leaked a few years ago...).
sh*t Popped Off and I can't remember the name of the song with Nas. But I hope D.O.C got paid for his pen
 6 years ago '11        #17
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 376 376
 RubbahBandMayn said:
sh*t Popped Off and I can't remember the name of the song with Nas. But I hope D.O.C got paid for his pen
You talkin about this...


[video - click to view]

 6 years ago '10        #18
Barge 
space
avatar space
space
$2,132 | Props total: 361 361
 MakaveliToDon91 said:
hooks are common for n*ggas to get help wit. ya boy or the producer might have somethin catchy in mind and help u out a lil, but verses i mean c'mon...i mean if u got problems finishin the last line of a verse n someone helps out that aint a problem. but a full verse? nah, that takes away half the art of emceeing
 6 years ago '06        #19
Affectz 163 heat pts163
space
avatar space
space
$8,471 | Props total: 5866 5866
We all know Kanye and dre have ghostwriters,who is he talking about tho?
Lurker gave props
 
 6 years ago '07        #20
Bruce Leeroy 
space
avatar space
space
$16,676 | Props total: 835 835
I agree with him 100%
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside Mother of Three
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
65 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
May 20 - gas is now $3 a gallon on average
119 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 21
DJ Akademiks bullies 9 year old into apologizing
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside So while I was high. (still am...) I discovered a game called Gravity R..
26 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside New Air Jordan 10 Inspired by Russell Westbrook's High School Days
9 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 9
Deadpool 2 chokes at the Box Office. Underperming at 125 mil
163 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Iíll take ďthings a brotha wouldnít doĒ for $200 Alex
159 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy