15 Rappers Whose Careers Are On Life Support (Guess who's number1)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
13466 pageviews
171 comments

NewEra21 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$356 | Props total: 4 4
15 Rappers Whose Careers Are On Life Support

[pic - click to view]

15 Rappers Whose Careers Are On Life Support | HipHop365.com

WEEZY shoulda been # 1 followed by GAME

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

15 Rappers Whose Careers Are On Life Support | HipHop365.com

15. Lil B
To say Lil B’s career is on life support would indicate that he had a career to begin with. Not only did his ‘I’m Gay’ publicity stunt fail, it also backfired, as fans who downloaded the album got confirmation that not only was Lil B pretty bad, but he might in fact actually be gay.

14. Dream Hampton
Although she is not rapper, Dream Hampton created quite a stir last week after she tried to defame Nas’ image without proof, as she tweeted that Nas uses ghost-writers. Ironically, Dream Hampton doesn’t even write her own tweets, her a.ssistant does. Her attempt to slander Nas’ name didn’t go over well as she was bombarded with threats and insults via twitter. Her 15 minutes are up and she may now fade back to obscurity.

13. Soulja Boy
SB, Arguably the most scrutinized artist in hip hop history has seen better days, to say his career is stagnant right now would be an understatement. If his career really was on Life Support, there would be thousands of fans lined up hoping for a chance to pull the plug.

12. Plies
The King of Ratchet Rap, Plies has exhausted all ways to point out that he’s a Goon and that he’s Real. If your vocabulary is limited and your subject matter is repetitive, then you’re destined for a short career, only surprise here is that Plies was able to last this long.

11. Nelly
Ever since Nelly swiped his credit card down a strippers a.ss in his infamous ‘Tip Drill’ video, his career has never been the same. The backlash to that swipe was evident, as he was boycotted by female activists groups and subsequently his record sales plummeted. When 99% of your fans wear high heels, it’s not a bright idea to p!ss them off.

10. Juelz Santana
A once promising career was derailed by one of the laziest work ethics in Hip Hop history. His last and only album was released in 2005, and 7 years later, Juelz hasn’t released anything worth mentioning. To the older generation he’s recognized as one of the key figures of the now legendary Dipset movement, to kids today he’s known as the dude on Love and Hip Hop.

9. Bow Wow
When Bow Wow recently expressed frustration via Twitter about his label situation with YMCMB it came to no surprise within the hip hop community. Bow Wow has always suffered from Napolean Complex, he doesn’t take criticism very well and he tends to always overvalue his worth to hip hop. A rapper who has generated no buzz in the past 5-7 years was never going to get a release date on a label filled with superstars. Birdman obviously signed him as a Tax-Write Off, and Bow Wow wasn’t bright enough to figure that out.

8. Lloyd Banks
The last time anyone has heard from Lloyd Banks was when he appeared on 106 and Park in 2005 to deny rumors that he appeared in a Gay pr0no flick. (It turned out to be a lookalike). When the only notable thing you’ve done in 7 years was get mistakenly identified for a Gay pr0no star, then that speaks volumes to where your career has headed.

7. Jim Jones
A year ago Jim Jones released his 5th album titled ‘Capo’, the album was heavily supported, and by heavily supported, we mean by his immediate family. The record flopped mightily, A few months later, he released the ‘Capo Life’ mixtape and it was a disaster. Someone, maybe a family member should sit Jim Jones down and explain to him that it’s over, its not that fans think he sucks or isn’t likeable, its just that nobody cares.

6. Diggy Simmons
If Diggy Simmons was hoping to piggyback off his fathers legendary success, then he was truly mistaken, for one, most of Run DMC fans are probably dead by now, and two, its nearly an impossible feat to overcome that big of a shadow.

5. The Game
If Game put the same amount of effort in his music as he does with his extracurricular activities, i.e. beating down D-list rappers, starting twitter wars, stalking 50 Cent, he would be in better shape. When focused, Game is still a top notch MC who’s capable of producing quality music, however his antics tend to overshadow the music.

4.Shyne
When Shyne fled to Israel in 2010, he was welcomed with open arms, they through him a parade, they treated him like a dignitary and he even hosted a few Bar-Mitzvahs. Fast-Foward to 2012, after releasing some of the worst music of all time, Israeli officials are working around the clock to extradite him back to the U.S.A.

3. DMX
This one is tough, the man who single handily altered the landscape of hip hop with his 1998 debut album ‘It’s Dark And Hell is Hot’ is struggling mightily to retain his status amongst the elite in the game. His music no longer resonates with this generation and his voice lost the gritty edge it once had. Like a sad lonely dog in the backyard, DMX is still barking, but nobody is paying attention.

2. T.I.
It seemed just a minute ago T.I. was a budding superstar, a rising actor and a house-hold name. But unfortunately, the Rubber-Band man stayed true to his word and kept staying in trouble.A short-prison stint and the ‘Snitch’ allegations shattered a lot of the buzz T.I was able to establish.

We’re sure TIP is appalled that he is continuously chastised by fans and critics for allegedly snitching to Federal Investigators with no proof, yet a real life former Federal Investigator, Rick Ross, can still reign supreme. Only in Hip Hop.

1. 50 Cent
50’s current existence in pop culture is a multi-faceted quandary. On one hand he’s culturally relevant, but he’s still irrelevant at the same damn time. 50 is still a house-hold name, but can’t create any buzz for his free-falling music career.

A man who once bragged about record sales can’t even get a release date for his highly un-anticipated album. His rise to the top was legendary, yet his downfall echoes the same sentiments.

Last edited by NewEra21; 08-23-2012 at 03:02 AM..

171 comments for "15 Rappers Whose Careers Are On Life Support (Guess who's number1)"

5 years ago '12        #2
5E8FW 
space
space
space
$7,681 | Props total: 4188 4188
There's only like 4 real artists on that list. And X been to hell and back. He's always going to have a niche. Lot of fluff.
 5 years ago '07        #3
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,521 | Props total: 70182 70182
purely opinionated sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #4
EscoNore 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,446 | Props total: 172 172
I miss when G-Unit was runnin sh*t
 08-23-2012, 12:06 AM         #5
Satire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Maaaaaan they got Banks all fu*ked up
 5 years ago '12        #6
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,764 | Props total: 22146 22146
They dropped this because B hasn't dropped a tape since the end of last month. Based God is busy selling out arenas in japan, but he's gonna drop the new mixtape today.
 5 years ago '12        #7
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
I actually agree with this list like basically all ov it. There's some inaccuracies but I think out of all them T.I. will be the one to find his commercial hit. The way Rico Love spoke about ball I got very high expectations from it.
 5 years ago '06        #8
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490

[pic - click to view]

15. Lil B
To say Lil B’s career is on life support would indicate that he had a career to begin with. Not only did his ‘I’m Gay’ publicity stunt fail, it also backfired, as fans who downloaded the album got confirmation that not only was Lil B pretty bad, but he might in fact actually be gay.

14. Dream Hampton
Although she is not rapper, Dream Hampton created quite a stir last week after she tried to defame Nas’ image without proof, as she tweeted that Nas uses ghost-writers. Ironically, Dream Hampton doesn’t even write her own tweets, her a.ssistant does. Her attempt to slander Nas’ name didn’t go over well as she was bombarded with threats and insults via twitter. Her 15 minutes are up and she may now fade back to obscurity.

13. Soulja Boy
SB, Arguably the most scrutinized artist in hip hop history has seen better days, to say his career is stagnant right now would be an understatement. If his career really was on Life Support, there would be thousands of fans lined up hoping for a chance to pull the plug.

12. Plies
The King of Ratchet Rap, Plies has exhausted all ways to point out that he’s a Goon and that he’s Real. If your vocabulary is limited and your subject matter is repetitive, then you’re destined for a short career, only surprise here is that Plies was able to last this long.

11. Nelly
Ever since Nelly swiped his credit card down a strippers a.ss in his infamous ‘Tip Drill’ video, his career has never been the same. The backlash to that swipe was evident, as he was boycotted by female activists groups and subsequently his record sales plummeted. When 99% of your fans wear high heels, it’s not a bright idea to p!ss them off.

10. Juelz Santana
A once promising career was derailed by one of the laziest work ethics in Hip Hop history. His last and only album was released in 2005, and 7 years later, Juelz hasn’t released anything worth mentioning. To the older generation he’s recognized as one of the key figures of the now legendary Dipset movement, to kids today he’s known as the dude on Love and Hip Hop.

9. Bow Wow
When Bow Wow recently expressed frustration via Twitter about his label situation with YMCMB it came to no surprise within the hip hop community. Bow Wow has always suffered from Napolean Complex, he doesn’t take criticism very well and he tends to always overvalue his worth to hip hop. A rapper who has generated no buzz in the past 5-7 years was never going to get a release date on a label filled with superstars. Birdman obviously signed him as a Tax-Write Off, and Bow Wow wasn’t bright enough to figure that out.

8. Lloyd Banks
The last time anyone has heard from Lloyd Banks was when he appeared on 106 and Park in 2005 to deny rumors that he appeared in a Gay pr0no flick. (It turned out to be a lookalike). When the only notable thing you’ve done in 7 years was get mistakenly identified for a Gay pr0no star, then that speaks volumes to where your career has headed.

7. Jim Jones
A year ago Jim Jones released his 5th album titled ‘Capo’, the album was heavily supported, and by heavily supported, we mean by his immediate family. The record flopped mightily, A few months later, he released the ‘Capo Life’ mixtape and it was a disaster. Someone, maybe a family member should sit Jim Jones down and explain to him that it’s over, its not that fans think he sucks or isn’t likeable, its just that nobody cares.

6. Diggy Simmons
If Diggy Simmons was hoping to piggyback off his fathers legendary success, then he was truly mistaken, for one, most of Run DMC fans are probably dead by now, and two, its nearly an impossible feat to overcome that big of a shadow.

5. The Game
If Game put the same amount of effort in his music as he does with his extracurricular activities, i.e. beating down D-list rappers, starting twitter wars, stalking 50 Cent, he would be in better shape. When focused, Game is still a top notch MC who’s capable of producing quality music, however his antics tend to overshadow the music.

4.Shyne
When Shyne fled to Israel in 2010, he was welcomed with open arms, they through him a parade, they treated him like a dignitary and he even hosted a few Bar-Mitzvahs. Fast-Foward to 2012, after releasing some of the worst music of all time, Israeli officials are working around the clock to extradite him back to the U.S.A.

3. DMX
This one is tough, the man who single handily altered the landscape of hip hop with his 1998 debut album ‘It’s Dark And Hell is Hot’ is struggling mightily to retain his status amongst the elite in the game. His music no longer resonates with this generation and his voice lost the gritty edge it once had. Like a sad lonely dog in the backyard, DMX is still barking, but nobody is paying attention.

2. T.I.
It seemed just a minute ago T.I. was a budding superstar, a rising actor and a house-hold name. But unfortunately, the Rubber-Band man stayed true to his word and kept staying in trouble.A short-prison stint and the ‘Snitch’ allegations shattered a lot of the buzz T.I was able to establish.

We’re sure TIP is appalled that he is continuously chastised by fans and critics for allegedly snitching to Federal Investigators with no proof, yet a real life former Federal Investigator, Rick Ross, can still reign supreme. Only in Hip Hop.

1. 50 Cent
50’s current existence in pop culture is a multi-faceted quandary. On one hand he’s culturally relevant, but he’s still irrelevant at the same damn time. 50 is still a house-hold name, but can’t create any buzz for his free-falling music career.

A man who once bragged about record sales can’t even get a release date for his highly un-anticipated album. His rise to the top was legendary, yet his downfall echoes the same sentiments.

5 years ago '11        #9
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
I actually agree with the majority of this list, not a 100%, there's a couple of names that shouldn't be there LIKE LIL B!! BASEDGOD!! WHOP WHOP lmfao jk

but seriously T.I. career to me as a major hip hop figure with massive crossover appeal is over...he's married now, has like 20 kids, has a teenage step daughter and can't stay outta jail...white girls in the middle of america aren't gonna listen to that sh*t....add to the fact since he's been out, he's on this stupid gangsta rap mode where's he is the biggest gangsta in all his new songs

kinda reminds me of lil wayne mentioning alcohol, weed and guns in his new songs but he's on probation for all those things just like TI...make some good hip hop like Jay-Z and keep it moving

Ludacris, Nelly and 50 Cent should have gave up hip hop in 2009 honestly too
 5 years ago '12        #10
BaconGod 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,231 | Props total: 654 654
Why is Lil B on here his fanbase hasn't even reached it's peak yet, not to mention all the faked #Based walking around

T.I. shouldn't be on here either I've heard him on plenty of features the past 4 months
 5 years ago '07        #11
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,656 | Props total: 6072 6072
 Satire said:
Maaaaaan they got Banks all fu*ked up
couldn't believe he was on list
 5 years ago '05        #12
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
Almost the exact same list I woulda made
 5 years ago '11        #13
NewEra21 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
space
$356 | Props total: 4 4
 BirdmansHandss said:
Wayne's last album went platinum in 2 weeks and he should be number 1? shut up f*ggot

i meant musically, the sh*t he been puttin out lately has been kinda a.ss
 5 years ago '10        #14
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 30589 30589

They won't like this
 5 years ago '11        #15
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
Imma get at this n*gga bruh... he ain't even man enough to put his name up he put TZ. My sh*t says Keith Clark my n*gga ASK ABOUT ME as*hole. Don't post sh*t online about Lil B I produce for that n*gga and I'll go on record saying he is one of the realest n*ggaz in rap. All these n*ggaz fake; I'll die for my n*ggaz man you don't know sh*t. - Keith Clark
 5 years ago '11        #16
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,312 | Props total: 4597 4597
Only one I.didn't agree with was game, but everyone else is pretty dead on
 5 years ago '04        #17
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,809 | Props total: 1831 1831
I dont agree with DMX, T.I. , Game and even 50.

DMX and T.I. both are long established and have great catalogs that can keep them eating good off touring for YEARS.

As far as new material goes. DMX and Game are both artists that sell off album substance and dont really rely too much on commercial hits (even tho X has proven he can do them) therefore they have established fan bases that will always support them, even if it's just 500k per album.

T.I. is in the same boat, he can easily go platinum again only problem is that he has to go back to doing organic material and not that forced commercial bullshyt.

50's last album went Gold, shyt is not bad at all, and that was with a month early leak and lack of label support. He generates more interest with no music out then artists with albums dropping, that says alot. He'll be okay as long as he's able to crank out a couple of smash hits and a half decent album each time around. People think just because he's not selling 5 million plus no more his career is dead

You can also form an argument for Banks and Nelly too if you really wanted to.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-23-2012 at 01:43 AM..
 08-23-2012, 01:24 AM         #18
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
banks

game

luda
 5 years ago '04        #19
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 2410 2410
this list is bullsh*t for a lot of reasons........ gonna leave it at that.
 5 years ago '06        #20
rquinlan 
space
space
space
$305 | Props total: 55 55
How is Lloyd Banks on this list? Hes dropped nothing but dope mixtapes in the last couple years plus he had a top single with Beamer Benz or Bentley. Other than that this list is legit
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy