SlaughterHouse- Welcome to: Our House [Shady Debut] {Anticipation/Discussion} Thread

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
35 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #441
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 BigWillyNYG said:
Not at this level or time in their career.

They all got dropped/screwed for the same reason. Radio changed and they weren't promotable enough. Who gives a fu*k about their radio sh*t? Do you listen to albums to hear the singles?

The Slaughterhouse album is a bit too radio/wack heavy in the beginning. That sh*t gets crazy though. You aren't listening to lyrics either if you call it weak.
I listened to the lyrics, they were ripping a lot of the verses, especially Crooked, even on the more poppy songs. However, a lot of the hooks are horrible and a lot of the production is pretty bad (which is a shame considering this is the major label album). A great album isn't just great verses, you need great beats and hooks too. Thus, the album is weak.
 5 years ago '12        #442
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1258 1258
 jj01 said:
a couple of garbage a.ss tracks on here

the eminem influence is apparent and not wanted....get that weak corny sh*t out of here.

crooked i think left his stamp most on this album lyrically, he had the most rewinds.

ortiz has improved and did his thing on this album.

joey is joey, just too bad he wasnt on more tracks.

royce was ok, i preferred him on the mixtape more....dude has a tendency to be corny at times, guess that comes from hanging with king corny himself in the white boy.
This loser stays with Em on his mind
 5 years ago '07        #443
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,657 | Props total: 6093 6093
 NotoriousKCK said:
Yep. It's probably called "On The House."

I don't understand why people complain about their TRUE mainstream debut album - they should expect more mainstream beats and rhymes. They did just drop a full mixtape last week loaded to the brim with material only for the hardcore fans.
 5 years ago '10        #444
bbqslap 
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 278 278
 240ka said:
exactly and Em is to blame for it. Well Slaughterhouse too since they allow him to have so much control. This album should have been filled with track the quality of "die"
yep...Die was damn near the only track I felt shoulda made it. That had the sound, quality and appeal that they shoulda aimed for the whole album.
 5 years ago '04        #445
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,490 | Props total: 2727 2727
album is growing on me !
 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM         #446
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the hook on Coffin, I was expecting wackness due to yall and it's exactly dope. Pissed that Budden isn't on the opener, that's the only Em track on this that I like. Album is hot to me but it didn't need to be 18 tracks, if so they could have made some trades with the tape. While Throw That kinda grew on me I'm still not feeling it much

Remove:

Throw That
Throw It Away
Asylum
Walk of Shame

Add:

All On Me
Coming Home
Gone
Who I Am

This album would be crazy dope that way. Hell remove those 4 tracks I mentioned and have Truth or Truth as the outro. They could have recorded it over an original beat.

Well I will be supporting tomorrow and hitting up the album signing

Last edited by Krazy K; 08-27-2012 at 03:51 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #447
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
the hate this album is getting is warranted.

pure trash
 5 years ago '04        #448
187Proof 472 heat pts472
space
space
$6,268 | Props total: 6417 6417
So many dope tracks on this album. I really don't see how you couldn't like it:

DOPE TRACKS

Our House
Get Up
Flip A Bird
Rescue Me
Frat House
Good Bye
Park It Sideways
Die
Our Way
Walk Of Shame
The Other Side
Place To Be

I just can't quit listening to it. The only song I have to skip each time is Asylum & that's mostly because of Eminem's hook.
 5 years ago '10        #449
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
Ok so I said I would be back to comment once I had a chance to listen. I copped it digitally after midnight and took a listen on headphones. Today it got the whip test once on the way to work and once on the way back. Tracks I had heard before were "Hammer Dance", "My Life","Throw it Away" and the first 20 secs of "Throw That".
Now leading up to the album I really did not have high hopes. With Em exec producing and the singles that came out, I thought the worst. Then I made the mistake of reading through these comments and really threw out all hope for this album.
The mixtape was really what made me buy the album, I thought the mixtape was fantastic.
Bottom line is I also like the album. Is it an amazing album? No, but I think it is a very good album with flaws, as most commercial releases have. Reading through this thread it would have seemed that I should hate 50% of it but the only song I would remove is "Throw That". I had already grown fond of "Hammer Dance", "My Life" and "Throw It Away". To me "Throw It Away" sounds like one of those DMX joints with the obvious Swizz connection. Dont mind the song at all.
Dont know the issues that people have with "Coffin" but I think that joint is nasty, probably cause I am an older head and it has a little 90's feel to it. No issues with the hook, in fact I love hype hooks like that but I came up in a different time. As for "Throw That" not sure who let that one through, worst Slaughterhouse joint ever.
Other than that though, these dudes spit some sh*t. I think everyone gets their moment to shine and I like that they also all take a turn not getting a verse. I liked all the emcees and thought they all did their thing and played their parts well. I thought it was well balanced between the rappity rap sh*t as well the introspective and the ignant sh*t. I think the only thing it is missing from a lyrical perspective is a crazy concept joint. Production wise it definitely has the Shady influence but I think Em actually didnt over do it and I really didnt notice Skylar on joints she is on.
This is the most rappity rap commercial release I have heard in a long time (Nas excluded). Overall I give it a 7.5/10. On the down side it was a bit longer than it should be IMO and the hooks could have been better in some instances. Anyway I will be also copping the physical, if this is what commercial hip hop is to be I can live with that. As with many I will be creating a combo playlist but unlike what I have seen in this thread I'll be keeping 90% of "Welcome" to create a nice 2 hr Slaughterhouse marathon!
 5 years ago '08        #450
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,156 | Props total: 305 305
 knowlege bass said:
Ok so I said I would be back to comment once I had a chance to listen. I copped it digitally after midnight and took a listen on headphones. Today it got the whip test once on the way to work and once on the way back. Tracks I had heard before were "Hammer Dance", "My Life","Throw it Away" and the first 20 secs of "Throw That".
Now leading up to the album I really did not have high hopes. With Em exec producing and the singles that came out, I thought the worst. Then I made the mistake of reading through these comments and really threw out all hope for this album.
The mixtape was really what made me buy the album, I thought the mixtape was fantastic.
Bottom line is I also like the album. Is it an amazing album? No, but I think it is a very good album with flaws, as most commercial releases have. Reading through this thread it would have seemed that I should hate 50% of it but the only song I would remove is "Throw That". I had already grown fond of "Hammer Dance", "My Life" and "Throw It Away". To me "Throw It Away" sounds like one of those DMX joints with the obvious Swizz connection. Dont mind the song at all.
Dont know the issues that people have with "Coffin" but I think that joint is nasty, probably cause I am an older head and it has a little 90's feel to it. No issues with the hook, in fact I love hype hooks like that but I came up in a different time. As for "Throw That" not sure who let that one through, worst Slaughterhouse joint ever.
Other than that though, these dudes spit some sh*t. I think everyone gets their moment to shine and I like that they also all take a turn not getting a verse. I liked all the emcees and thought they all did their thing and played their parts well. I thought it was well balanced between the rappity rap sh*t as well the introspective and the ignant sh*t. I think the only thing it is missing from a lyrical perspective is a crazy concept joint. Production wise it definitely has the Shady influence but I think Em actually didnt over do it and I really didnt notice Skylar on joints she is on.
This is the most rappity rap commercial release I have heard in a long time (Nas excluded). Overall I give it a 7.5/10. On the down side it was a bit longer than it should be IMO and the hooks could have been better in some instances. Anyway I will be also copping the physical, if this is what commercial hip hop is to be I can live with that. As with many I will be creating a combo playlist but unlike what I have seen in this thread I'll be keeping 90% of "Welcome" to create a nice 2 hr Slaughterhouse marathon!
the beat break on the coffin joint during the hook sounds awful. Joell is trash on it

i agree the beat does have a 90ish feel to it, but overall wasnt feelin that track
 5 years ago '12        #451
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
 Y2Dre said:
they really didn't tho, they just spit it fast and used multi's they weren't saying anything crazy on this album thats memorable.

a month from now no one will be listening to this nonsense.
just stop kid... tryin too hard
 5 years ago '08        #452
jtdatruth 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,611 | Props total: 1028 1028
I wasn't really feeling the album on the first listen, but now it's really growing on me. Once I realized that they can't make an album full of street singles while on a major label I was able to appreciate the mainstream sound a little more.
 5 years ago '12        #453
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
 jtdatruth said:
I wasn't really feeling the album on the first listen, but now it's really growing on me. Once I realized that they can't make an album full of street singles while on a major label I was able to appreciate the mainstream sound a little more.
Yup.. They gave us what we wanted on the mixtape.. Now appreciate what they have to do..
At least these mainstream tracks are good.
 5 years ago '11        #454
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1221 1221
I just can't get into this album.
The mixtape is better IMO.

I'll probably cop just because they've released a lot of music i like but im just not feeling it.
 5 years ago '09        #455
59fifty 
space
space
$22,720 | Props total: 10165 10165
alright after spinning this several times...i must say sh*t is kinda weak...

here's what i ended up keeping:

flip a bird
gone
goodbye
sucka mc
all on me
who am i
coming home
get up
our way
HD
throw it away
WOS
die
on the house
 5 years ago '07        #456
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,629 | Props total: 5487 5487
say what u want about the album, it's still a Top mainstream release this year

All albums are critiqued, Every album has its flaws
 5 years ago '10        #457
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
 Y2Dre said:
they really didn't tho, they just spit it fast and used multi's they weren't saying anything crazy on this album thats memorable.

a month from now no one will be listening to this nonsense.
I still think they spit some sh*t..."Goodbye" and "Other side" being examples. Even on "My Life", there is substance to the content. Did they go into moments of just straight up rhyming for the sake of riddling? Yes, but I listen to Slaughter for that. I am not saying you need to like it or them, I understand why a lot of people who like them may not like this album and why people who dont like them dont like them, I get it.
 5 years ago '09        #458
RuggedOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$742 | Props total: 543 543
Wow Im a fan but this is awful....when SH came out they said they wanted to bring that true hip hop sound back....then they signed with eminem and released this...I guess money is more important than art
 5 years ago '07        #459
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 5328 5328

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #460
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
Copped this sh*t today, its nice
Home      

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
167 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
165 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
90 comments
19 hours ago