Stan Van Gundy says Derrick Rose could be next star to bolt

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
9411 pageviews
111 comments

Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,918 | Props total: 30298 30298
Stan Van Gundy says Derrick Rose could be next star to bolt

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

LeBron James left Cleveland to team up with stars in Miami, following a blueprint seen in Boston (although how they got there was different). It’s a trend that continued on through Dwight Howard pushing his way out of Orlando and landing in Los Angeles with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol.

You know this is not the end — stars teaming up is not some new trend (have you seen the rosters of the 1960s Celtics?). The difference is free agency, or the threat of it, gives the players leverage in the team building. So who is next to try and move to a superteam?

Stan Van Gundy — who was in the middle of the poorly handled (by everyone) Howard debacle — was speaking Monday on 740 The Game sports radio in Orlando Monday and said he thinks Derrick Rose could be next. As transcribed by ESPNChicago.com:

“I think Derrick Rose is a great, great representative of our league, and he’s a great player. And he’s got good players around him, very good players around him, but if (the Bulls) can’t get another star there for him is he eventually going to look around and say, ‘Hey, I’ve got to work this out on my own and I’ve got to find somehow to get somewhere else so that I will have a chance to play with another star.’ The league has changed.”

“The league has changed,” Van Gundy said. “It used to be the stars wanted to sort of have their own team, they certainly wanted good players around them, but now everything’s changed. I think it started with the Celtics, bringing (Kevin) Garnett, (Paul) Pierce and (Ray) Allen together and everybody saw that and decided, ‘Look, this is the only way we’re going to win.’”

Rose isn’t bolting. Not anytime soon. He just signed a new max five-year extension to his rookie deal that kicks in next season, he is not a free agent until the summer of 2017. Which means really we are four years away from him even having the leverage to try and force a trade, if he wanted to. And right now he doesn’t.

But even the Bulls have looked around the landscape of the East and realized they need another star. That is why the odd-deals and short-term contracts the next couple of years. With just a couple moves (amnesty Carlos Boozer, for example) they could have the flexibility to go after another max player to pair with Rose. They can try to recruit and build a super team of their own.

But Rose isn’t bolting. Sorry Stan. Can’t help you with this one.

As a side tangent, somehow the idea of the elite NBA stars finding a way to play together has become distasteful to some. Even though that’s how the NBA has always been — Bill Russell had Bob Cousy and Tommy Heinsohn and a boatload of Hall of Famers; Magic Johnson had Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy; Larry Bird had Kevin McHale and Robert Parish; Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen; Shaquille O’Neal needed Kobe Bryant as much as the other way around.

What seems to bother people is that now the players have the power rather than the teams in some cases. That Oklahoma City is more “organic” than Miami. Because it’s fine if management puts together stars, but we don’t want the players to control their own destiny? Rooting for management to take back control seems anti-freedom to me, but root for what you want.

The fact is, stars finding a way to play together and get to the spots they want is a fact of life in the NBA now. And I think that the players having leverage and not just being pawns of the owners is a good thing.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Stan Van Gundy says Derrick Rose could be next star to bolt | ProBasketballTalk

111 comments for "Stan Van Gundy says Derrick Rose could be next star to bolt"

5 years ago '09        #2
The Bully 352 heat pts352
space
space
$48,413 | Props total: 35269 35269
man oh man, imagine the backlash rose would get if he left hold that would commit that

oh wait, it's only a problem when lebron does it
 5 years ago '05        #3
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
i don't think Rose would bounce...he would just play out his career ringless, before bouncing...
 5 years ago '08        #4
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 MysticKJ said:
i don't think Rose would bounce...he would just play out his career ringless, before bouncing...
this. rose a homebody that lives in his hometown. what else could he ask for? n*gga probably still got a bunkbed with an older brother and mom pouring him cheerios in the morning. dude living the life he want in chicago.
 5 years ago '08        #5
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,059 | Props total: 4838 4838
 iPunish901 said:
this. rose a homebody that lives in his hometown. what else could he ask for? n*gga probably still got a bunkbed with an older brother and mom pouring him cheerios in the morning. dude living the life he want in chicago.
Agreed
 5 years ago '04        #6
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,706 | Props total: 1487 1487
Rose is too stupid to have aspirations

He'll keep playing in Chi until his body falls apart
 5 years ago '04        #7
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
The next star to bolt is Kevin Love. He's pretty much said if the Wolves don't start winning soon he's going to want out.
 5 years ago '09        #8
The Bully 352 heat pts352
space
space
$48,413 | Props total: 35269 35269
 DEDOS said:
pretty much he sh*tted on chicago stans who dont know how to act

he hates that city and says it pretty much feels like hes living in a Prison in his HighRise Bulding

Hold That about to run this n*gga out of town. calling up rose's phone and he aint even give him his number
 5 years ago '05        #9
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 dogmanx23 said:
The next star to bolt is Kevin Love. He's pretty much said if the Wolves don't start winning soon he's going to want out.
Love is a good player and all, but nobody cares about him like that...
 5 years ago '07        #10
LynchingO-Lines 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,284 | Props total: 598 598
 MysticKJ said:
Love is a good player and all, but nobody cares about him like that...
Got damn u heat fans
 5 years ago '12        #11
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 iPunish901 said:
 08-21-2012, 11:50 AM         #12
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dogmanx23 said:
is kevin love even top 20?
 5 years ago '11        #13
Jay Lee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,642 | Props total: 1376 1376
Rose want that L.A Life

Mitch gonna get it done in 2017
 5 years ago '11        #14
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
2017? LeBron gonna opt in 2014
Lurker gave props

5 years ago '06        #15
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,504 | Props total: 17937 17937
 LynchingO-Lines said:
Got damn u heat fans
its true tho love is good and all but no one is losing sleep waiting for him to come
 5 years ago '12        #16
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,132 | Props total: 11397 11397
 luv4music said:
Rose is too stupid to have aspirations

He'll keep playing in Chi until his body falls apart
this.
 5 years ago '07        #17
LynchingO-Lines 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,284 | Props total: 598 598
 Rique said:
its true tho love is good and all but no one is losing sleep waiting for him to come
I know that but to act like no team wants him is fu*king stupid
 5 years ago '12        #18
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 1648 1648
 S.TEX said:
is kevin love even top 20?
have you seen his numbers.
 5 years ago '04        #19
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,048 | Props total: 19879 19879
out of all ppl, Derrick Rose?
Lurker gave props

5 years ago '11        #20
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
I don't see Derrick Rose leaving.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy