Julius Peppers' Transcript from UNC-Chapel Hill (pic)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '04        #141
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,800 | Props total: 1823 1823
 -BigC- said:
What did I need to admit I was wrong about? I never claimed they were not top 5 in any category, I never claimed anything about how many of their programs were ranked at all. I asked the question what were they ranked top in and you listed a handful of subjects. So how can I be wrong considering I made no false statements?

And the whole tier argument is retarded. Your using the USnews system which has how many in its top tier? Doesn't USnews have tier 1 as like the top 150 . I don't even like USnews but I guess your technically correct even though the actual argument isn't changed by what your using to define your tier.

Top 150 is Tier 1
we both know you didn't literally say it, but we also both know what you were implying when you said

-BigC- said:
You aren't serious are you? In what department are they ranked among the top on the East coast? Its a decent school and all but I can't imagine it requiring "damn near" genius to get into considering its ranking
but if you want to play it off like it wasn't a loaded question then that's cool.

but either way I was never arguing opinions the whole time, you were, I was simply repeating what was in print and you were trying to argue that with your opinion which didn't make sense, but now that you see that nothing I said was incorrect you're resorting to

" I dont like U.S. News anyway "
 5 years ago '04        #142
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,031 | Props total: 1251 1251
how in the fu*k do you fail ethics????
 08-21-2012, 10:27 PM         #143
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was implying what . I said its a decent school . Did you go to UNC or something? My statement was its a decent school that doesn't take a genius to get into. Both statements are true

The reason I don't like USnews is the rankings are bullsh*t and everyone who used them knows that. The rankings change every year despite most Universities having no changes. Schools know how to misrepresent their numbers to get ranked higher. And the way methodology behind the rankings is suspect as well.
 5 years ago '04        #144
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 -BigC- said:
I was implying what . I said its a decent school . Did you go to UNC or something? My statement was its a decent school that doesn't take a genius to get into. Both statements are true

The reason I don't like USnews is the rankings are bullsh*t and everyone who used them knows that. The rankings change every year despite most Universities having no changes. Schools know how to misrepresent their numbers to get ranked higher. And the way methodology behind the rankings is suspect as well.

Bruh, you know what you were implying by asking if they even had any programs ranked highly on the east coast alone. lol .

I dont care whether you like U.S. News or not. I wasn't interested or trying to argue opinions or preferences either way. For the millionth time I was just reiterating what was already out there.

and Yes I did graduate from UNC.

as far "genius" goes, it's all relative, I'm sure to people who don't get in or people who dont experience an academic environment period that others seem like "geniuses".

IMO you dont really need to be a "genius" to get into any school , you just need to have slightly above average intelligence and a good work ethic because I've met people from Top 10 institutions that dont really strike me as bright , as well as people from my own school who I dont really view as bright either. What's "genius" to one person , isn't genius to the other. For people like us who already go to a Top 30 institution of course we dont view ourselves as "geniuses" because we're surrounded by thousands of people who are as smart or smarter than us. Though to the general population of the country of course individuals at those type of institutions are viewed as "geniuses" or "really smart".

Every school has their group of "geniuses" if you want to call them that, and every school has that group of " How in the hell did you get in here ?? " people.

but like I said it's all relative. If you're already in a top 30 school looking up at the Top 10 then of course your institution wont seem like it's top tier. I'm not here to argue a "new" definition for top tier. I'm just restating what's already out there. Though even subjectively if you're in a Top 30 school out of around 2,000 four-year institutions in the country, how can you say it's not top tier ?? You're literally in the top 2 %.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-21-2012 at 11:17 PM..
 08-21-2012, 11:40 PM         #145
-BigC-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Should of just told me you went to UNC so I would of dropped the argument . Not going to argue with someone about the school they went to. That sh*t is to personal

Counting all 4 year schools to get that 2% is crazy though .
 5 years ago '04        #146
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Should of just told me you went to UNC so I would of dropped the argument . Not going to argue with someone about the school they went to. That sh*t is to personal

Counting all 4 year schools to get that 2% is crazy though .
Yeah I didn't really care to mention it since I dont like debates to get too subjective, opinionated or personal.

or people to a.ssume that you're just arguing out of bias.

I was just trying to put my affiliation aside and objectively utilize other sources.

like for instance, if you said UNC sucks, I wouldn't care or bother to argue since that's a purely subjective and opinionated statement , but once you say things like " what programs are they even ranked the top in ?? " I'll debate that since it's something that can be objectively argued.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
272 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
116 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
139 comments
2 days ago