Chris Tucker Says No To New “Friday,” Proves He Hates Us All

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,267 | Props total: 2461 2461
 conscious thug said:
Tucker signed a $40 Million dollar 2 film contract with New Line Cinema starting with Rush Hour 3 and a future film. I don't know if that film has been done, but if not then it stands to reason Rush Hour 4 will be that final film in that contract.

So he got $25 million + 20% of the gross against his salary on Rush Hour 3.

Looks like he stands to get $15 million + 20% of the gross against his salary(or whatever cut) on Rush Hour 4.

Compare that to what he would get for Last Friday.

I doubt he'd get anything CLOSE to that, and I'd imagine both are going to be filming around the same time so he can't do both.

He's got well publicized IRS problems, I imagine this is going to be a huge help in that situation. I don't blame him at all.
yup he will get bank from rush hour 4.

if he did agree to do another friday they would barely be able to pay him enough to cover his IRS problems

friday budget was 3.5million it made 26million
next friday budget was 11million it made 57million
friday after next budget was 20million it made 33million

the fourth friday movies budget would have to be +40million with a large amount of that to get chris to do the movie.
 5 years ago '07        #62
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,419 | Props total: 1865 1865
Leave the original friday alone, it was classic. Chris ain't gonna promote weed in the new Friday and that would ruin smokeys character
 5 years ago '11        #63
whitesand 46 heat pts46
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 1545 1545
 TRILL SH1T said:
I agree, dudes are in their 40's now... Do you really wanna see a 40 year old smokey, dayday and craig still getting chased around by debo?... people need to just let the things go, can't just leave things as a classic and keeping demanding until it's ruined
Now I do believe its could be another one. But it couldn't have the name Friday in it. It would have to be a whole other platform. I think Mike Epps and Ice Cube would be relevant but Chris Tucker has become that Rush Hour guy to me. My question is what can you do in another Rush Hour?
 08-19-2012, 09:18 PM         #64
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Joint would have been dope
I would have chosen

Chris Tucker
Mike Epps
Cube
Brandon T Jackson (bring him in as lil chris, kid that kept kicking trash cans in the first)
Tiny Lester JR
Terry Crews

to be the big names to bring in $$$
 5 years ago '05        #65
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 Verse said:
But he's doin' "Rush Hour 4" tho...

money talks
 08-19-2012, 09:41 PM         #66
DaFlavamensavor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he is not doing it cause of the money he thinks he deserves cause rush hour 9000 is giving him some of the box office and some upfront thats why its all bout money slick bastard
 5 years ago '04        #67
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
if the script is right, i got son doing it. there's a maturity level thing which should be accounted for. it would be cool to see him as a dad with a crazy a.ss baby moms or some sh*t...mike epps too. i mean, it's possible. the maturity level of the comedy just has to be better and it could still be silly as sh*t. he never did say that he wouldn't do it though, to quote someone else. Friday was a classic and no other sequel would be better than the first. the expectations will be too high. it still might happen though. i dont think that cube finished the script yet though. i heard him speak about it about a month ago and he said that he hadn't even spoke to him yet...so they called chris. nothing was finalized but nothing was like hell no. plus he having money issues. i'm pretty sure he'd do it though.
 5 years ago '04        #68
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,441 | Props total: 6502 6502
they should just leave friday the way it is. the 3rd one wasn't that good anyway
 5 years ago '07        #69
Blaksentinel 
space
space
$1,427 | Props total: 876 876
IMO, a Friday movie now wouldn't work. The cast is too old. Everybody gets hyped up for a Friday movie and when it hits and flops, Everybody then comments how they shouldn't have made it. Some movies are just meant to stand alone and Friday is one of em.
 5 years ago '08        #70
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
He won't be as funny..... he's fat now and it would look weird as fu*k. They're just gonna k!ll the series....
 08-19-2012, 10:41 PM         #71
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man fu*k chris. thats why minorities dont give a fu*k about this dude anymore. he forgot where he came from, n*gga wanna partner up with that old asian muthafu*ka. n*ggas aint checking for rush hour 7 .

thats why this n*gga going broke
 08-19-2012, 10:46 PM         #72
Hiphopnetwork 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He needs to stop fu*kin wit jesus
 5 years ago '10        #73
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 conscious thug said:
Tucker signed a $40 Million dollar 2 film contract with New Line Cinema starting with Rush Hour 3 and a future film. I don't know if that film has been done, but if not then it stands to reason Rush Hour 4 will be that final film in that contract.

So he got $25 million + 20% of the gross against his salary on Rush Hour 3.

Looks like he stands to get $15 million + 20% of the gross against his salary(or whatever cut) on Rush Hour 4.

Compare that to what he would get for Last Friday.

I doubt he'd get anything CLOSE to that, and I'd imagine both are going to be filming around the same time so he can't do both.

He's got well publicized IRS problems, I imagine this is going to be a huge help in that situation. I don't blame him at all.
so you're his manager or agent? you never specified..
 5 years ago '11        #74
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,880 | Props total: 5230 5230
I may be alone here but i honestly feel like they should've stopped with the first friday

Friday is a classic

Last 2 are horrible
 5 years ago '06        #75
Jayday00 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,284 | Props total: 4 4
He's gotta be doing it... I remember hearing a interview with Ice Cube saying that Chris Tucker was in it...
 5 years ago '06        #76
Jayday00 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,284 | Props total: 4 4
NExt Friday was good. That christmas one was wack
 5 years ago '10        #77
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
n*ggaz too fu*king old to do this movie again........who the fu*k really wants to see them in this sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #78
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
He's too old for that classic smokey role, and unless Ice Cube can really work the script (which history shows that he fu*kin can't) it's hard to see him in an older, more mature smokey role of some sort. I agree, it's just not smart to do something that might ruin the sanctity of the series. I know it's already too late with Next Friday and Friday After Next, but people don't really consider those on the same plane as the originals. These are just retarded spin-offs.

Besides, an older smoky angle wouldn't work because the idea of the Friday series originally was to have this taking place over the course of a month, hence 4 Fridays. Unless they're willing to jump from that concept (which would be dumb), it just doesn't make sense to advance the script along so far ahead. Just fu*k this movie. Do it without him or don't do it at all. Get it out of the way and fu*k your mediocre directing/writing/acting/producing career Ice Cube. fu*k it.
 08-19-2012, 11:59 PM         #79
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
He's too old for that classic smokey role, and unless Ice Cube can really work the script (which history shows that he fu*kin can't) it's hard to see him in an older, more mature smokey role of some sort. I agree, it's just not smart to do something that might ruin the sanctity of the series. I know it's already too late with Next Friday and Friday After Next, but people don't really consider those on the same plane as the originals. These are just retarded spin-offs.

Besides, an older smoky angle wouldn't work because the idea of the Friday series originally was to have this taking place over the course of a month, hence 4 Fridays. Unless they're willing to jump from that concept (which would be dumb), it just doesn't make sense to advance the script along so far ahead. Just fu*k this movie. Do it without him or don't do it at all. Get it out of the way and fu*k your mediocre directing/writing/acting/producing career Ice Cube. fu*k it.
Elaborate
 5 years ago '04        #80
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,324 | Props total: 2474 2474
fu*k his bankrupt a.ss...this is dam near 20 yrs too late any way
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago