‘The Dark Knight Rises’ passes $400 million domestically, becomes 15th movie in history to do so

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #101
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14051 14051
 superstarrr said:
1 - If Talia hated her dad so much for not accepting Bane, why did she put so much effort in trying to finish his work and destroy Gotham? And why did her father hate Gotham in the 1st place?

2 - What was the purpose of the experiment on Bane after he helped Talia escape? why didn't they just k!ll him?

3 - And Talia was born in that cave with all those men around, so i found it wieird that all of a sudden after some years, they just tried to attack and r*pe her and her mother. What was that all about?

4 - And were was Bruce in the past 7 years? what happened to his leg?
I can only answer number 3. They said in the movie that they accidentally forgot to lock the door to talia and her mothers cell that day and that's how she was k!lled.
 5 years ago '04        #102
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 superstarrr said:
1 - If Talia hated her dad so much for not accepting Bane, why did she put so much effort in trying to finish his work and destroy Gotham? And why did her father hate Gotham in the 1st place?

2 - What was the purpose of the experiment on Bane after he helped Talia escape? why didn't they just k!ll him?

3 - And Talia was born in that cave with all those men around, so i found it wieird that all of a sudden after some years, they just tried to attack and r*pe her and her mother. What was that all about?

4 - And were was Bruce in the past 7 years? what happened to his leg?

I dont think Talia hated her dad for anything, she loved her dad more than anything. She utilized Bane to carry out her father's plan.

What experiment ?? Talia asked her dad to rescue Bane because he helped her and they had formed a close friendship.

Like he said, I'm a.ssuming they left the cell door open. Either that or they were raping here all along and one day it just went too far.

Bruce was in his mansion for 7 years chilling, the cartilage in his leg had deteriorated mostly while he was Batman and continued after he stopped.
 5 years ago '06        #103
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,992 | Props total: 4027 4027
 DaOmega_1 said:
*rolls eyes*

Then, it wouldn't have made any emotional sense to not have Catwoman be the one to do it. Since she basically led Batman to be beaten by Bane, it was her way of redeeming herself by ultimately defeating Bane, saving Batman, and repaying the debt she owed for screwing him over. Plus, if it hadn't happened the way it did, it wouldn't allow for Talia's reveal, and would've made the emotional arc incomplete.

Again, NO understanding of story structure.
*rolls eyes and sh*ts on your keyboard*

All you're doing is explaining how the already present story makes sense. Of course it makes sense, that's why it's up there. What I'm saying is the story could've (and should've for my likes) been tweaked and had Bane dying differently while STILL accomplishing the other things you mentioned through other means. It's called rewrites.

Don't fu*k with me, amateur movie "critic." I should be on movie studios' payroll. I came up with a brilliant concept for a Matt Damon/Jeremy Renner Bourne movie:

[pic - click to view]

I run this movie idea sh*t on Boxden.
 5 years ago '05        #104
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,849 | Props total: 4150 4150
 Storchaveli said:

All you're doing is explaining how the already present story makes sense. Of course it makes sense, that's why it's up there. What I'm saying is the story could've (and should've for my likes) been tweaked and had Bane dying differently while STILL accomplishing the other things you mentioned through other means. It's called rewrites.

Don't fu*k with me, amateur movie "critic." I should be on movie studios' payroll. I came up with a brilliant concept for a Matt Damon/Jeremy Renner Bourne movie:

[pic - click to view]

Someone's mad.

Anyway, I'm just explaining how what was present did the job of completing the emotional story arc of the film, and how your way doesn't complete the arc established in the film. Banes death could definitely be tweaked, no one is disputing that. What is being disputed is the idea that it didn't work, and that it didn't communicate what it was meant to do. And, I'm saying that it does communicate that just fine without losing the power of the arc established.

And, I never claimed to be a professional film critic buddy. Of course I'm an "amateur", as if you saying that is supposed to hurt my feelings. Don't get butthurt because I don't agree with you, pal. Don't get it twisted, I don't give a sh*t about you, and your stupid opinions. Keep that sh*t in the hip-hop spot, bruh. They put up with your stupidity there. We don't.

And, by the way, your idea is stupid. Get mad.
 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM         #105
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:

[pic - click to view]

at that idea.
 5 years ago '12        #106
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,633 | Props total: 2143 2143
 psylence2k said:
I was in a IMAX theatre but I didn't notice it, I dont think anyone did in the theatre either, and out of all the dark knight threads we've had in here, I may be wrong but I think this is the first time I've heard that mentioned.

I mean it's kool if you had a problem with it, but I just dont see it as a significant thing and I honestly haven't heard many other people complain about it either if at all.

1. If Wayne is gonna escape from a prison in India then he's gonna escape in Gotham even with Bane around the corner. Being closer to be under Bane's watch is trivial when you consider he has more resources to escape in Gotham. Bane also wanted Wayne to see Gotham in ashes, how can you see Gotham in ashes if you're apart of those ashes ??

2. What does Blake becoming Batman have to do with you saying before that you wanted Gotham to know Bruce was Batman so they could rip him apart ??

3. Those are Bane's prisoners not his soldiers. They dont support him like that. Why would they take unnecessary orders like that ??

4. Okay, you can't be serious with that last comment. C'mon man, why would one of Bane's henchman have a 20 minute sitdown convo with Wayne and give him Bane's history ???

not only that , how many of Bane's men do you think would actually know about the pit story with Talia ??

The people in the pit know the story, dont support Bane, and have all the time in the world to k!ll to talk to Wayne.

It also was WAYY better for the movie to have those pit scenes. Watching Batman getting rescued out of a cell in Gotham by Catwoman blowing the wall up wouldn't have been anywhere near as epic.
I never said I wanted Gotham to know Bruce was Batman so they could rip him apart. You need to go read that sh*t again lol. Also, Im sorry that pit scene to me was not epic.
 5 years ago '10        #107
superstarrr 
space
space
space
$577 | Props total: 181 181
I dont think Talia hated her dad for anything, she loved her dad more than anything. She utilized Bane to carry out her father's plan.
She said it herself while she stabbed Bruce that she never forgave her father for sending Bane away

What experiment ?? Talia asked her dad to rescue Bane because he helped her and they had formed a close friendship.
The experiment that turned Bane into a monster, he was normal before they put the mask all over his face. So what was the purpose for the experiment?

Like he said, I'm a.ssuming they left the cell door open. Either that or they were raping here all along and one day it just went too far.
Well i guess these are the only 2 possible explanations

Bruce was in his mansion for 7 years chilling, the cartilage in his leg had deteriorated mostly while he was Batman and continued after he stopped.
But if he was just chilling in his mansion for 7 years, why did Alfred say that once every year (for the past 7 years), he travels to Italie (Florence to be precise if i recall well) hoping to see Bruce with a wife and kids?
And Alfred also told Bruce that he didn't want him to come back to Gotham
 5 years ago '04        #108
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 superstarrr said:
But if he was just chilling in his mansion for 7 years, why did Alfred say that once every year (for the past 7 years), he travels to Italie (Florence to be precise if i recall well) hoping to see Bruce with a wife and kids?
He was talking about the seven years Bruce was gone in Batman Begins...
 5 years ago '07        #109
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Illstreet said:
You just disproved that notion with all the cattyness & c*ntyness you just displayed in this thread...

Can't even believe you're the same dude I've seen posting here for years.

People up and change like that tho. A part of life

the internet isn't personal don't act like you really know me i dont give a fu*k about you and the feeling should be mutual. You're really hurt huh cattyness and c*ntyness I'm dying over here

Last edited by TH35; 08-21-2012 at 06:43 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #110
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 TH35 said:

the internet isn't personal don't act like you really know me i dont give a fu*k about you and the feeling should be mutual. You're really hurt huh cattyness and c*ntyness I'm dying over here
But... I care about you, TH35...

If that's your real name, TH35...
 5 years ago '07        #111
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 JFamis said:
But... I care about you, TH35...

If that's your real name, TH35...
We're cool though no problems over here.
 5 years ago '04        #112
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 superstarrr said:
She said it herself while she stabbed Bruce that she never forgave her father for sending Bane away
I dont remember that part but I'll have to watch it again, either way, you can still hold a grudge with someone who you ultimately love. She might've had a grudge for her father sending Bane away but she still ultimately loved him. It's like staying mad at your wife for something she phucked up but still ultimately loving her. Either way I dont remember her saying that but I'll have to check the next time I watch it.

The experiment that turned Bane into a monster, he was normal before they put the mask all over his face. So what was the purpose for the experiment?
There was no experiment, the mask was put on as anesthetic to relieve the pain from the injury he received in the pit by the prisoners after he helped Talia escape. Where in the world did you get an experiment from out of the movie ??

He meant the first seven years he was gone in Batman Begins when he was in Asia training with the league of shadows. Not the seven years of retirement after the Dark Knight.
 5 years ago '10        #113
superstarrr 
space
space
space
I dont remember that part but I'll have to watch it again, either way, you can still hold a grudge with someone who you ultimately love. She might've had a grudge for her father sending Bane away but she still ultimately loved him. It's like staying mad at your wife for something she phucked up but still ultimately loving her. Either way I dont remember her saying that but I'll have to check the next time I watch it.
Yeah i think you need to watch that scene again, but anyway i get your point though.
But what i don't understand about the initial plan to destroy Gotham by Talia's father, is WHY he wanted to destroy Gotham in the 1st place (i must have missed the explanation in Batman Begins)

There was no experiment, the mask was put on as anesthetic to relieve the pain from the injury he received in the pit by the prisoners after he helped Talia escape. Where in the world did you get an experiment from out of the movie ??
Didn't Talia say that when her father, his people and herself came back for revenge, it was already too late and that they had done an experiment on Bane? maybe i heard wrong though, i don't know...
But a.ssuming you're right, why would they want Bane to have an anesthetic after he helped Talia escape? Won't they rather have wanted him dead?

He meant the first seven years he was gone in Batman Begins when he was in Asia training with the league of shadows. Not the seven years of retirement after the Dark Knight.
Ok
 5 years ago '04        #114
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 superstarrr said:
Yeah i think you need to watch that scene again, but anyway i get your point though.
But what i don't understand about the initial plan to destroy Gotham by Talia's father, is WHY he wanted to destroy Gotham in the 1st place (i must have missed the explanation in Batman Begins)
Did you watch Batman Begins ?? If you haven't then of course it gives a far better detailed explanation of this as well as alot of other things in TDKR than I could ever summarize here.

but the League of Shadows was an ancient organization that prided themselves in destroying civilizations throughout history that in their opinion became over run with corruption.

I would compare it to them thinking they were like the God of the old testament that destroyed the world with flooding when he felt it became too sinful.

Corruption is a theme consistent through out all Nolan's batman films so the league of shadow was a sort of a antithesis to that.

Didn't Talia say that when her father, his people and herself came back for revenge, it was already too late and that they had done an experiment on Bane? maybe i heard wrong though, i don't know...
But a.ssuming you're right, why would they want Bane to have an anesthetic after he helped Talia escape? Won't they rather have wanted him dead?

Noooo , she said something along the lines of "damage" had been done. The prisoners jumped Bane and phucked up his face/mouth/throat.

and Bane didn't have any anesthetic after he helped Talia escaped, he was still in the pit until she returned. He never had anesthetic or the mask period in the pit. He had the little rag over his face the whole time even before Talia escaped but everyone was wearing those rags on their face during that time because in the movie it said a disease/plague was going around.

He didn't get his official mask with anesthetic until after Talia and the league of shadows rescued him.

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but you heard ALOT of things in the movie wrong, I think maybe you heard the whole " I couldn't forgive him after kicking Bane out" thing wrong as well.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-21-2012 at 08:48 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #115
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14051 14051
They said they did their "work" on him. Didn't say experiment. I wish they would of explained how that mask gives him anesthetic. Where does it come from? Does he have to refill it?
 5 years ago '04        #116
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 circleofpurple said:
They said they did their "work" on him. Didn't say experiment. I wish they would of explained how that mask gives him anesthetic. Where does it come from? Does he have to refill it?
I think it was something along the lines of " by the time we came back, their "work" had already been done"

meaning they phucked him up permanently.

As far as the anesthetic goes , the easiest explanation for me is that he probably just has little vials or cartridges that snap into a compartment somewhere on the mask, probably in the back, and the mask slowly vaporizes and emits the anesthetic through the tubes in the mask into his mouth.

though knowing Nolan he probably didn't even think out or care to explain the specifics of it since he doesn't seem to care for elaborate details that dont really hinder the plot significantly.
 5 years ago '06        #117
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,992 | Props total: 4027 4027
 DaOmega_1 said:
:
Banes death could definitely be tweaked
That's what I've been saying. I'll accept that as your apology.

DaOmega_1 said:
And, I never claimed to be a professional film critic buddy. Of course I'm an "amateur", as if you saying that is supposed to hurt my feelings. Don't get butthurt because I don't agree with you, pal. Don't get it twisted, I don't give a sh*t about you, and your stupid opinions. Keep that sh*t in the hip-hop spot, bruh. They put up with your stupidity there. We don't.

And, by the way, your idea is stupid. Get mad.
I will destroy your threads. And then when it is done, and your threads are ashes, then you have my permission to cry.

youknowmystelo said:
at that idea.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #118
superstarrr 
space
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Did you watch Batman Begins ?? If you haven't then of course it gives a far better detailed explanation of this as well as alot of other things in TDKR than I could ever summarize here.

but the League of Shadows was an ancient organization that prided themselves in destroying civilizations throughout history that in their opinion became over run with corruption.

I would compare it to them thinking they were like the God of the old testament that destroyed the world with flooding when he felt it became too sinful.

Corruption is a theme consistent through out all Nolan's batman films so the league of shadow was a sort of a antithesis to that.

Noooo , she said something along the lines of "damage" had been done. The prisoners jumped Bane and phucked up his face/mouth/throat.

and Bane didn't have any anesthetic after he helped Talia escaped, he was still in the pit until she returned. He never had anesthetic or the mask period in the pit. He had the little rag over his face the whole time even before Talia escaped but everyone was wearing those rags on their face during that time because in the movie it said a disease/plague was going around.

He didn't get his official mask with anesthetic until after Talia and the league of shadows rescued him.

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but you heard ALOT of things in the movie wrong, I think maybe you heard the whole " I couldn't forgive him after kicking Bane out" thing wrong as well.
No she actually said this.
And thanks for the other explanations though, but i still don't understand why they didn't just k!ll Bane in the Prison and why Thalia's father never really accepted Bane...
 5 years ago '07        #119
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Storchaveli said:
That's what I've been saying. I'll accept that as your apology.

I will destroy your threads. And then when it is done, and your threads are ashes, then you have my permission to cry.

[pic - click to view]

This whole post
 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM         #120
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:

@ me getting props from a chick for my post calling your actions catty & c*nty(guess she recognized the femine traits all in your posts too).

seriously, he's like a different person

Like I said... Clearly you got sick of people calling you out for always posting like a nuetral pus*y with no real opinions or balls whatsoever(like someone did for the millionth time just the other day in the rate thread) and decided yesterday was gonna be the day you were gonna make a stand or somesh*t.

Unfortunately you picked the wrong one.

Hurt? lol... Put me on ignore like you did smokeweed & stelo when they got under your skin you pus*y.
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago