‘The Dark Knight Rises’ passes $400 million domestically, becomes 15th movie in history to do so

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
155 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #61
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14048 14048
I had a lot of issues with tdkr, but after multiple viewings I've gotten over most of them. Tdk had several things that bugged me editing wise, but the story didn't have as many issues as tdkr. Begins is still my favorite though.
 5 years ago '12        #62
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,627 | Props total: 2140 2140
 psylence2k said:
1. I dont know which plane you're talking about, the opening scene or the bat blowing up at the end ??? I forgot exactly how each of those ended so I dont know which one you're speaking of.

and

2. There's so many things wrong with your prison analysis

- You can't really but Bruce in danger with a broken back , if the prisoners had animosity towards him he would've been turned into bat kebabs the first night.

- Bane runs the prison, I'm sure he told the prisoners not to touch Bruce so he could stay alive to watch Gotham crumb. That was the whole point of not k!lling him in the first place.

- The prison wasn't a "cake walk" , It took Bruce like three attempts to escape which is ideal for portraying difficulty to the audience, anything more than that and it's drawn out. Remember Nolan said the prison sequence was actually longer and more elaborate but the studio told him to cut it down. They made the right decision. Shyt would've been wayyyy too drawn out.

-Talia fought for her life because her and her mother were two women in a prison full of men. I'm sure they tried to r*pe her just like they did her mom.

-Bane only had trouble once he started to protect Talia and eventually help her escape.

- Bane isn't gonna put Bruce in a cell in Gotham, he doesn't know who Bruce knows and what resources he could utilize to escape. I mean he's phucking Batman. There's too many scenarios where it would've been easy for someone to a.ssist him if he was in Gotham. If you had the choice between locking Bruce Wayne up in Gotham closer to all his resources and connects or leaving him paralyzed half way across the world in a pit at a unknown location, thousands of miles away from any of his resources, with only ONE way out and a 1% escape rate, which one would you choose honestly ???
At the beginning of the movie, when the plane is falling toward earth. Nolan showed Bane pushing a button to release the plane, and the camera swayed to the side of them hanging just to cut away from it just before it hit the ground. That made no scense to me.

Why put Bruce in a none hostile prison with a doctor that is not suppost to let him die, knowing he is Batman, and not expect him to get out of it. He is the phucking Batman right? I mean Gotham hated batman at this point. He was the villian. Bane in my eyes should have handed Batman over to gotham. Which would be more devasting to bruce? Him watching Gotham burn or him watching Gothan burn him. That is where Blake should have taken over for Bruce and put on the Batman suit, showing people that bruce is not Batman. Obviously with him not having the training that Bruce has gives the Catwoman busting in at the last minute to save Batman more meaning. Then at the end the reveal of Blakes real name being robin also has more meaning.
 5 years ago '04        #63
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1842 1842
 LicensedLegend said:
At the beginning of the movie, when the plane is falling toward earth. Nolan showed Bane pushing a button to release the plane, and the camera swayed to the side of them hanging just to cut away from it just before it hit the ground. That made no scense to me.

Why put Bruce in a none hostile prison with a doctor that is not suppost to let him die, knowing he is Batman, and not expect him to get out of it. He is the phucking Batman right? I mean Gotham hated batman at this point. He was the villian. Bane in my eyes should have handed Batman over to gotham. Which would be more devasting to bruce? Him watching Gotham burn or him watching Gothan burn him. That is where Blake should have taken over for Bruce and put on the Batman suit, showing people that bruce is not Batman. Obviously with him not having the training that Bruce has gives the Catwoman busting in at the last minute to save Batman more meaning. Then at the end the reveal of Blakes real name being robin also has more meaning.

Did the plane thing really bother you that much ?? I really see it as a insignificant detail. It doesn't really hinder the storytelling or flow of the movie IMO for them to not show the plane hitting the ground. I honestly didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Most people can imagine in their heads what half a plane hitting the ground would probably look like.

As far as the prison thing goes, like I said there's multiple reasons.

1. Why would Bane want Bruce still in Gotham ?? If he wont easily escape through accessible resources and connects then he'll surely escape once Gotham is starting to rip itself apart.

2. You seem to imply that Gotham hates Batman so Bane should give over Bruce Wayne. How is Bane gonna prove to the city that Bruce Wayne is indeed Batman ?? Leaving him in front of a police station with half his bat suit ripped off isn't gonna be THAT convincing. The city would have to capture Batman themselves and unmask him themselves.

3. Bane broke Batman's back, that shyt usually takes way more than 5 months (bomb detonation time) to heal. Bane didn't know the doctor in the prison would pull some hanging voodoo shyt like that and chop the recovery time down to a couple months.

4. Bringing Wayne to the pit was essential to reveal the story of Talia and Bane's background.
 5 years ago '12        #64
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,627 | Props total: 2140 2140
 psylence2k said:
Did the plane thing really bother you that much ?? I really see it as a insignificant detail. It doesn't really hinder the storytelling or flow of the movie IMO for them to not show the plane hitting the ground. I honestly didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Most people can imagine in their heads what half a plane hitting the ground would probably look like.

As far as the prison thing goes, like I said there's multiple reasons.

1. Why would Bane want Bruce still in Gotham ?? If he wont easily escape through accessible resources and connects then he'll surely escape once Gotham is starting to rip itself apart.

2. You seem to imply that Gotham hates Batman so Bane should give over Bruce Wayne. How is Bane gonna prove to the city that Bruce Wayne is indeed Batman ?? Leaving him in front of a police station with half his bat suit ripped off isn't gonna be THAT convincing. The city would have to capture Batman themselves and unmask him themselves.

3. Bane broke Batman's back, that shyt usually takes way more than 5 months (bomb detonation time) to heal. Bane didn't know the doctor in the prison would pull some hanging voodoo shyt like that and chop the recovery time down to a couple months.

4. Bringing Wayne to the pit was essential to reveal the story of Talia and Bane's background.
Yes it bothered me. Why show everything leading up to it hitting the ground to not actually show it hitting the ground? It hinders flow when it cuts away at the last second to a different time and place, and I wasnt the only one look around in the theater at the abrubt cut away.

1 - That theory of getting Batman as far away from Gotham is good and all, but why would Bane of all people want to take his eyes off of Batman even though his back is broke knowing full well what he is capable of.

2 - I never said that the people have to believe Bane. That is where Blake as Batman comes in. To prove that Bruce is not Batman.

3 - But that is Banes prison right? You would think that he would have gave them specific orders.

4 - Whose to say that some of Banes henchmen couldn't have revealed banes background to bruce while he waited to be handed over to Gotham.
 5 years ago '10        #65
superstarrr 
space
space
space
$577 | Props total: 181 181
1 - If Talia hated her dad so much for not accepting Bane, why did she put so much effort in trying to finish his work and destroy Gotham? And why did her father hate Gotham in the 1st place?

2 - What was the purpose of the experiment on Bane after he helped Talia escape? why didn't they just k!ll him?

3 - And Talia was born in that cave with all those men around, so i found it wieird that all of a sudden after some years, they just tried to attack and r*pe her and her mother. What was that all about?

4 - And were was Bruce in the past 7 years? what happened to his leg?
 08-21-2012, 06:04 AM         #66
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:

[pic - click to view]

That was stupid as fu*k

Nolan can do no wrong... you guys defend such bullsh*t. You're worse than the Avengers as*holes.
That's exactly how you sounded with that complaint... Like a macho douche. "Bane shouldn't have went out at the hands of Catwoman! So weak!".

Cry me a fukking rkver.

And as to your Nolan statements, iono what bug got up your a.ss, but you're looking really salty right now with the overexagerating horsesh*t...

"Nolan can do no wrong... you guys defend such bullsh*t".

Did I not say the Talia death is one of the worst and most ridiculous things I've ever seen? Did I rate the movie a 10?

So because I said your Bane death criticism was view of a shallow male youth(which it is) and disagreed with your opinion that the film has no replay value(it definitely does)... That = I defend everything Nolan and am worse than the Avengers as*holes?

@ you catching feelings and taking it way over the top.
 08-21-2012, 06:08 AM         #67
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
About the issues presented in this thread.

No, after multiple viewings, it STILL isn't better than TDK. TDKR has issues, noticeable issues that make it less than perfect. I'm not gonna defend those issues, because I stick by my opinion.

No, Bane's death didn't ruin anything for me. At that point, he was already defeated, he was already vulnerable, so the missile was just the final exclamation point to his character. And, it allowed for Catwoman's redemption, which I thought was important to the emotional arc of the film's storytelling. Anyone complaining otherwise just plain doesn't understand story structure.

Bruce Wayne got out of that prison three weeks before the bomb was supposed to explode. Did the movie do a good job at explaining this? No. But, the information is there within the movie.

The problems for me upon reflection are as follows:

1). The movie does too much telling, and not enough showing.
2). Miranda Tate/Talia should've been played by someone else, as she is the WEAKEST link in the film.
3). There needed to be more of Selina Kyle & her reaction to Bane's takeover of Gotham.
4). The movie is almost 3 hours, but I still wish it was 20 minutes longer to explain some of the logic issues that are present.
5). There needed to be more of Gordon dealing with the fallout of his lie being exposed.
6). Talia's death scene was some bullsh*t.

There are more issues that I'm just not thinking of. But, I still love the movie as a whole despite these problems. Just not as much as TDK.
This entire post is exactly the way I feel... Exactly.

@ the bolded
 5 years ago '07        #68
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Illstreet said:
That's exactly how you sounded with that complaint... Like a macho douche. "Bane shouldn't have went out at the hands of Catwoman! So weak!".

Cry me a fukking rkver.

And as to your Nolan statements, iono what bug got up your a.ss, but you're looking really salty right now with the overexagerating horsesh*t...

"Nolan can do no wrong... you guys defend such bullsh*t".

Did I not say the Talia death is one of the worst and most ridiculous things I've ever seen? Did I rate the movie a 10?

So because I said your Bane death criticism was view of a shallow male youth(which it is) and disagreed with your opinion that the film has no replay value(it definitely does)... That = I defend everything Nolan and am worse than the Avengers as*holes?

@ you catching feelings and taking it way over the top.
You are... I don't care about any of that sh*t you just wrote. Honestly, who writes a thesis on a fu*king Batman movie?! Any dispute is considered catching feelings homie I don't care. I just thought the statement was stupid and you're worse than the Avengers "stans".

Last edited by TH35; 08-21-2012 at 07:55 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #69
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
About the issues presented in this thread.

No, after multiple viewings, it STILL isn't better than TDK. TDKR has issues, noticeable issues that make it less than perfect. I'm not gonna defend those issues, because I stick by my opinion.

No, Bane's death didn't ruin anything for me. At that point, he was already defeated, he was already vulnerable, so the missile was just the final exclamation point to his character. And, it allowed for Catwoman's redemption, which I thought was important to the emotional arc of the film's storytelling. Anyone complaining otherwise just plain doesn't understand story structure.

Bruce Wayne got out of that prison three weeks before the bomb was supposed to explode. Did the movie do a good job at explaining this? No. But, the information is there within the movie.

The problems for me upon reflection are as follows:

1). The movie does too much telling, and not enough showing.
2). Miranda Tate/Talia should've been played by someone else, as she is the WEAKEST link in the film.
3). There needed to be more of Selina Kyle & her reaction to Bane's takeover of Gotham.
4). The movie is almost 3 hours, but I still wish it was 20 minutes longer to explain some of the logic issues that are present.
5). There needed to be more of Gordon dealing with the fallout of his lie being exposed.
6). Talia's death scene was some bullsh*t.

There are more issues that I'm just not thinking of. But, I still love the movie as a whole despite these problems. Just not as much as TDK.

I agree w/ everything you just wrote. Exactly, especially the bolded part .
 08-21-2012, 09:34 AM         #70
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:
You are... I don't care about any of that sh*t you just wrote. Honestly, who writes a thesis on a fu*king Batman movie?! Any dispute is considered catching feelings homie I don't care. I just thought the statement was stupid and you're worse than the Avengers "stans".
I just wrote a long response to this sh*t but lost it cause my page fukked up...

Long story short... You're acting like a ignorant as*hole right now...

I don't know what you're problem is, or why you're acting so c*nty... Maybe you're sick of being called out all the time by cats for being neutral and are taking it out on me with this dumb sh*t...

But you're wildin right now and are acting totally out of character... And are showin your a.ss in the process.

If you don't like my worse than "The Avengers" Stans Posting when it comes to TDKR(WTF? have I even posted about the film at all in the past 2-3 weeks? ) then put me on ignore like you are everyone else lately...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #71
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:
I just wrote a long response to this sh*t but lost it cause my page fukked up...

Long story short... You're acting like a ignorant as*hole right now...

I don't know what you're problem is, or why you're acting so c*nty... Maybe you're sick of being called out all the time by cats for being neutral and are taking it out on me with this dumb sh*t...

But you're wildin right now and are acting totally out of character... And are showin your a.ss in the process.

If you don't like my worse than "The Avengers" Stans Posting when it comes to TDKR(WTF? have I even posted about the film at all in the past 2-3 weeks? ) then put me on ignore like you are everyone else lately...

[pic - click to view]

I should huh? Then I won't get PMs about smokeweed's old posts like I give a fu*k
 08-21-2012, 09:39 AM         #72
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:

I agree w/ everything you just wrote. Exactly, especially the bolded part .

Are you fukking Psychitzophrenic?????

From the 1st Page of this Very Thread:

TH35 said:
If Bane didn't get built up the whole movie only to get k!lled within 3 sec then it would get better but sorry there's no fixing that problem. Went from brute to emasculated by the end of the film. I still liked his character but between him being Talia's bi*ch to dying from a cannon shot by Catwoman ... I can't.
 TH35 said:
What Storch said... an epic death would've been better. Nolan got lazy w/ that sh*t. I know you were trying to be funny but the cancer thing would've been better than that bullsh*t that took place .
 TH35 said:
I just felt Bane was menacing and to go out by Catwoman the way he did was pretty weak.
If I watch it again I'll have to skip those dumbass parts.

Are you high?

Last edited by Illstreet; 08-21-2012 at 09:45 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #73
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:

Are you fukking Psychitzophrenic?????

From the 1st Page of this Very Thread:

Are you high?
I figured you'd copy it which is why I said it
 08-21-2012, 09:51 AM         #74
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:
I figured you'd copy it which is why I said it
So you're acting like Stelo now?

Saying completely contradictory sh*t... And when it's brought up... It's "I DID THAT ON PURPOSE! Ha ha. I'm a Awesome troll ain't I?"

Why are you acting fukking strange and brand new right now?

This is getting extremely bizarre and stupid. I'm done.
 5 years ago '07        #75
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
Maybe I AM stelo...
 08-21-2012, 10:00 AM         #76
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Ight, it's official... You're on your period or something.

Yeah put me on ignore bruh.

Case settled.
 08-21-2012, 10:00 AM         #77
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
So you're acting like Stelo now?

Saying completely contradictory sh*t... And when it's brought up... It's "I DID THAT ON PURPOSE! Ha ha. I'm a Awesome troll ain't I?"
 5 years ago '07        #78
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:

Ight, it's official... You're on your period or something.

Yeah put me on ignore bruh.

Case settled.
Thought you were done? Men don't get periods kid. Who's making the childish rants now?
 5 years ago '07        #79
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
 08-21-2012, 10:09 AM         #80
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:
Thought you were done? Men don't get periods kid. Who's making the childish rants now?
You just disproved that notion with all the cattyness & c*ntyness you just displayed in this thread...

Can't even believe you're the same dude I've seen posting here for years.

People up and change like that tho. A part of life
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy