‘The Dark Knight Rises’ passes $400 million domestically, becomes 15th movie in history to do so

most viewed right now
 72
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 72
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 64
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 55
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #41
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 psylence2k said:
Who said it was hours tho ??? You can't just throw your a.ssumption out there as fact. No one knows the EXACT timeline of when he escaped and how long it took for him to get back relative to the events in Gotham.


and in the Dark Knight the Joker survived the blast in the jail that knocked everyone around him down. There's no way to get around that. At least in TDKR you can somehow have some wiggle room with the timing of his auto-pilot/ejection.
are you kidding me fam????


[spoiler - click to view]

 5 years ago '09        #42
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$7,904 | Props total: 14013 14013
 KnicksLost said:
are you kidding me fam????


[spoiler - click to view]

its definitly not hours lol

do we still need spoiler tags? movies been out for a month now.


Last edited by circleofpurple; 08-20-2012 at 12:20 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #43
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,800 | Props total: 1823 1823
 KnicksLost said:
are you kidding me fam????


[spoiler - click to view]


Yeah, but the whole ordeal lasted a few months , Bane didn't paralyze Batman, take over Gotham, and plan to blow it up all within a few hours or even days.

It happened over the course of MONTHS. Are you sure we watched the same movie ??
 5 years ago '09        #44
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$7,904 | Props total: 14013 14013

[spoiler - click to view]

 5 years ago '12        #45
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,617 | Props total: 2130 2130
 JFamis said:
Writing, acting, directing, themes explored... I could keep going...
There are only 2 performances in this Batman trilogy that are note worthy. That is Heath Ledger for obvious reasons, and Michael Cain. All the other performances are forgetable. I like Nolan but he is far from perfect. I have no problens with his writing team, but he just can't shoot an action scene for sh*t. All that would be fine if he wasn't making action movies but he is so . I consider these movies epic because they are, but superior? That is pushing it.
 5 years ago '09        #46
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$7,904 | Props total: 14013 14013
The thing that bothers me the most about Nolan's batman films is the editing. Scenes don't mesh, you can tell that he picks parts from many takes and pastes them together. I know all movies do this, but it's not supposed to be noticeable. And how one second it's daylight, the next it's pitch black. And Nolan isn't good at portraying time passing.
 5 years ago '05        #47
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
avatar space
space
$15,497 | Props total: 1358 1358
going for the second time Tuesday i think
 5 years ago '10        #48
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 circleofpurple said:
The thing that bothers me the most about Nolan's batman films is the editing. Scenes don't mesh, you can tell that he picks parts from many takes and pastes them together. I know all movies do this, but it's not supposed to be noticeable. And how one second it's daylight, the next it's pitch black. And Nolan isn't good at portraying time passing.
if your talking bout the stock exchange scene it was dusk, watch it again. it did get dark hella fast though but you could tell it was dusk. i paid attention the second second time seeing it

dont know why the stock exchange was open that late though lol
 08-20-2012, 06:08 AM         #49
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bruh this is such a shallow complaint & interpratation...

You sound like a frat boy or some sh*t.
 5 years ago '07        #50
st21 1234 heat pts1234
space
avatar space
space
$55,471 | Props total: 43460 43460
saw it twice

thank you based Nolan
 5 years ago '04        #51
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,800 | Props total: 1823 1823
 Maroon_Tiger said:
It wont see Avengers numbers
/thread

I'm sure everyone knows this by now and still doesn't care tho


Avengers had that 3D inflation, TDKR is still the better movie tho.


Last edited by psylence2k; 08-20-2012 at 12:26 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #52
Nasir82 
space
avatar space
space
$950 | Props total: 176 176
 psylence2k said:
I'm sure everyone knows this by now and still doesn't care tho


Avengers had that 3D inflation, TDKR is also the better movie.
This
 5 years ago '12        #53
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,617 | Props total: 2130 2130
 psylence2k said:
I'm sure everyone knows this by now and still doesn't care tho


Avengers had that 3D inflation, TDKR is still the better movie tho.
Depends on who you talk to.
 5 years ago '07        #54
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,778 | Props total: 14589 14589
 Illstreet said:
Bruh this is such a shallow complaint & interpratation...

You sound like a frat boy or some sh*t.

[pic - click to view]



That was stupid as fu*k

Nolan can do no wrong... you guys defend such bullsh*t. You're worse than the Avengers as*holes.


Last edited by TH35; 08-20-2012 at 09:34 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #55
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
avatar space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
About the issues presented in this thread.

No, after multiple viewings, it STILL isn't better than TDK. TDKR has issues, noticeable issues that make it less than perfect. I'm not gonna defend those issues, because I stick by my opinion.

No, Bane's death didn't ruin anything for me. At that point, he was already defeated, he was already vulnerable, so the missile was just the final exclamation point to his character. And, it allowed for Catwoman's redemption, which I thought was important to the emotional arc of the film's storytelling. Anyone complaining otherwise just plain doesn't understand story structure.

Bruce Wayne got out of that prison three weeks before the bomb was supposed to explode. Did the movie do a good job at explaining this? No. But, the information is there within the movie.

The problems for me upon reflection are as follows:

1). The movie does too much telling, and not enough showing.
2). Miranda Tate/Talia should've been played by someone else, as she is the WEAKEST link in the film.
3). There needed to be more of Selina Kyle & her reaction to Bane's takeover of Gotham.
4). The movie is almost 3 hours, but I still wish it was 20 minutes longer to explain some of the logic issues that are present.
5). There needed to be more of Gordon dealing with the fallout of his lie being exposed.
6). Talia's death scene was some bullsh*t.

There are more issues that I'm just not thinking of. But, I still love the movie as a whole despite these problems. Just not as much as TDK.
 5 years ago '04        #56
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,800 | Props total: 1823 1823
I cant wait for this shyt on Blu-Ray

November 30th can't come quick enough

 5 years ago '12        #57
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,617 | Props total: 2130 2130
 DaOmega_1 said:
About the issues presented in this thread.

No, after multiple viewings, it STILL isn't better than TDK. TDKR has issues, noticeable issues that make it less than perfect. I'm not gonna defend those issues, because I stick by my opinion.

No, Bane's death didn't ruin anything for me. At that point, he was already defeated, he was already vulnerable, so the missile was just the final exclamation point to his character. And, it allowed for Catwoman's redemption, which I thought was important to the emotional arc of the film's storytelling. Anyone complaining otherwise just plain doesn't understand story structure.

Bruce Wayne got out of that prison three weeks before the bomb was supposed to explode. Did the movie do a good job at explaining this? No. But, the information is there within the movie.

The problems for me upon reflection are as follows:

1). The movie does too much telling, and not enough showing.
2). Miranda Tate/Talia should've been played by someone else, as she is the WEAKEST link in the film.
3). There needed to be more of Selina Kyle & her reaction to Bane's takeover of Gotham.
4). The movie is almost 3 hours, but I still wish it was 20 minutes longer to explain some of the logic issues that are present.
5). There needed to be more of Gordon dealing with the fallout of his lie being exposed.
6). Talia's death scene was some bullsh*t.

There are more issues that I'm just not thinking of. But, I still love the movie as a whole despite these problems. Just not as much as TDK.
The things that bothered me the most...

1. Right off the bat, when the plane is falling from the sky, right before it hits the ground the scene ends. There was no pay off. Before the movie even gets going I'm going "wtf" to my wife.

2. To me, the whole pit scene was underwhelming. I never felt like Bruce was in any danger, yet Talia and Bane both fought for there life's when they were there. I would think Bruce would of had an even harder time seeing how his back was broken. If the pit was going to be a cake walk why didn't Bane just throw Bruce in a cell in gotham and let him die with gotham and the people he loves so much.
___

I could think of more, it's just those are the ones that bug me the most.
 5 years ago '04        #58
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,800 | Props total: 1823 1823
 LicensedLegend said:
The things that bothered me the most...

1. Right off the bat, when the plane is falling from the sky, right before it hits the ground the scene ends. There was no pay off. Before the movie even gets going I'm going "wtf" to my wife.

2. To me, the whole pit scene was underwhelming. I never felt like Bruce was in any danger, yet Talia and Bane both fought for there life's when they were there. I would think Bruce would of had an even harder time seeing how his back was broken. If the pit was going to be a cake walk why didn't Bane just throw Bruce in a cell in gotham and let him die with gotham and the people he loves so much.
___

I could think of more, it's just those are the ones that bug me the most.



1. I dont know which plane you're talking about, the opening scene or the bat blowing up at the end ??? I forgot exactly how each of those ended so I dont know which one you're speaking of.

and

2. There's so many things wrong with your prison analysis


- You can't really but Bruce in danger with a broken back , if the prisoners had animosity towards him he would've been turned into bat kebabs the first night.

- Bane runs the prison, I'm sure he told the prisoners not to touch Bruce so he could stay alive to watch Gotham crumb. That was the whole point of not k!lling him in the first place.

- The prison wasn't a "cake walk" , It took Bruce like three attempts to escape which is ideal for portraying difficulty to the audience, anything more than that and it's drawn out. Remember Nolan said the prison sequence was actually longer and more elaborate but the studio told him to cut it down. They made the right decision. Shyt would've been wayyyy too drawn out.

-Talia fought for her life because her and her mother were two women in a prison full of men. I'm sure they tried to r*pe her just like they did her mom.

-Bane only had trouble once he started to protect Talia and eventually help her escape.

- Bane isn't gonna put Bruce in a cell in Gotham, he doesn't know who Bruce knows and what resources he could utilize to escape. I mean he's phucking Batman. There's too many scenarios where it would've been easy for someone to a.ssist him if he was in Gotham. If you had the choice between locking Bruce Wayne up in Gotham closer to all his resources and connects or leaving him paralyzed half way across the world in a pit at a unknown location, thousands of miles away from any of his resources, with only ONE way out and a 1% escape rate, which one would you choose honestly ???


Last edited by psylence2k; 08-20-2012 at 11:04 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #59
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,981 | Props total: 4324 4324
They also mention the flashbacks of the prison were a time of plague... I don't think things were as cutthroat down there during the present day...
 5 years ago '09        #60
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$7,904 | Props total: 14013 14013
 psylence2k said:
I cant wait for this shyt on Blu-Ray

November 30th can't come quick enough

Is that date official? I was thinking it would be the week before Christmas or so. If you're right, awesome! The sooner the better. I need those IMAX scenes on my 60 inch NOW
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 56
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy