Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
101 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
9276 pageviews
144 comments

991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
how can i invest 1000 bucks?

I know its not much but its all I have to work with. Is there anything to invest in that can just keep snowballing my money up?

144 comments for "how can i invest 1000 bucks?"

5 years ago '07        #2
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
only thing i would invest in is energy
 5 years ago '07        #3
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
I'd try to stack at least 2,000 if I was u
 5 years ago '12        #4
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
Sports betting

Vegas tables

Or like the homie said, keep saving for an even better investment down the road

5 years ago '04        #5
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,120 | Props total: 1155 1155
football season is right around the corner my friend... get ur gamble on bro.
 5 years ago '10        #6
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
If you know how to trade stocks, do that. Wait for a nice, solid sell off and get in on some high yield dividend stocks. Sit back, and manage your risk and get paid.
 5 years ago '11        #7
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
It depends on how long you're willing to invest and what you're trying to get. It's important to remember that investing in the stock market or anything else is a LONG TERM investment. If someone tells you that you can get rich by doing this or that, be weary because most of the time it fails.

Now, you can either invest in the stock market, bonds, or TIPS. Stock market can potentially give you the biggest return, but it also pose the biggest risk. If you're asking people what to invest in on boxden, you probably don't know much about the stock market yet. I will suggest reading the Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham and Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits by Philip Fisher to get an understanding of how the market works. Don't invest in the market until you read those two books and more.

Most people get into the stock market without understanding how it works. They let hype, emotions, and brokers tell them what to invest in and they lose. Brokers work for the companies, not the investor. They make money when you trade, whether you lose money or gain, so I wouldn't put too much into the advice they give. The biggest thing to remember about the stock market is that nobody can guarantee what it will do. Nothing is 100%. You can get rich by taking a lot of risks, but you build wealth by making sound investments. Just look at the current state of the economy to see where high risk behavior will get you in the end.

If you don't care about these warnings and you are just concerned with trying to make money as quickly as possible, then there some free online course on Udemy about day trading and such. The links are listed below

If you want to be safe, you can invest in bonds. Since bonds are backed by the full faith and credit of the United States, there is little risk. Because there is little risk, the returns are low. You won't lose money per say, but you won't gain a lot either. And with inflation, those returns could diminish.

TIPS are Treasury Inflation-Protection Securities. They are bonds with interest rates that rise and fall based on inflation. The problem with TIPS is the government treat any gain from them as taxable income, even before they mature.

Last edited by Kadillac87; 08-19-2012 at 03:07 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #8
xbigelx 7 heat pts
space
space
$890 | Props total: 310 310
Man I started with $100, I made 30 off it. I'm at $900 now.

Only $200 or so is profit, but just look for small priced stocks that are interesting. Like I bought a few little companies whose price point is 4-5$ or more higher than where its at. but i mainly stick to IT stuff also.

Do your research tho, dont just throw your money into a company hoping to strike it rich.

Last edited by xbigelx; 08-19-2012 at 04:52 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #9
space
space
space
 xbigelx said:
Man I started with $100, I made 30 off it. I'm at $900 now.

Only $200 or so is profit, but just look for small priced stocks that are interesting. Like I bought a few little companies whose price point is 4-5$ or more higher than where its at. but i mainly stick to IT stuff also.

Do your research tho, dont just throw your money into a company hoping to strike it rich.
This.

I started trading w/ 3k, and threw it all away in penny stocks. What a waste of time and money. I'm now trading options and I've been doing well lately. You need to do constant research and have an eye for detail when analyzing companies and the markets.

There is a thread all about stocks. I try to post in there day in and day out about what I'm holding and post my thoughts during the week. As well as others.
 5 years ago '10        #10
space
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
It depends on how long you're willing to invest and what you're trying to get. It's important to remember that investing in the stock market or anything else is a LONG TERM investment. If someone tells you that you can get rich by doing this or that, be weary because most of the time it fails.

Now, you can either invest in the stock market, bonds, or TIPS. Stock market can potentially give you the biggest return, but it also pose the biggest risk. If you're asking people what to invest in on boxden, you probably don't know much about the stock market yet. I will suggest reading the Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham and Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits by Philip Fisher to get an understanding of how the market works. Don't invest in the market until you read those two books and more.

Most people get into the stock market without understanding how it works. They let hype, emotions, and brokers tell them what to invest in and they lose. Brokers work for the companies, not the investor. They make money when you trade, whether you lose money or gain, so I wouldn't put too much into the advice they give. The biggest thing to remember about the stock market is that nobody can guarantee what it will do. Nothing is 100%. You can get rich by taking a lot of risks, but you build wealth by making sound investments. Just look at the current state of the economy to see where high risk behavior will get you in the end.

If you don't care about these warnings and you are just concerned with trying to make money as quickly as possible, then there some free online course on Udemy about day trading and such. The links are listed below

If you want to be safe, you can invest in bonds. Since bonds are backed by the full faith and credit of the United States, there is little risk. Because there is little risk, the returns are low. You won't lose money per say, but you won't gain a lot either. And with inflation, those returns could diminish.

TIPS are Treasury Inflation-Protection Securities. They are bonds with interest rates that rise and fall based on inflation. The problem with TIPS is the government treat any gain from them as taxable income, even before they mature.
the stock market or anything else is a LONG TERM investment
I disagree. I'm not one to say you can make quick cash in the market, but you can make good money daily/weekly if you know how to manage risk and consistently keep track of your investments.

Most people get into the stock market without understanding how it works. They let hype, emotions, and brokers tell them what to invest in and they lose.
I made this mistake, and this I agree with. Emotions mean nothing in the market. No one cares what you think when you're buying and selling. Don't put your cash into a stock because you think it's going up, or, because you like it for no apparent reason.

At the end of the day, if you're determined to make money, and you have the patience to do so, consider putting your money in the market. Never get greedy.
 5 years ago '08        #11
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
Could y'all tell me what I could invest in with around $50,000

I'm thinking about doing a comedy show out here first to flip a bit of it, then maybe invest in something after that.
 5 years ago '11        #12
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 iNsane said:
I disagree. I'm not one to say you can make quick cash in the market, but you can make good money daily/weekly if you know how to manage risk and consistently keep track of your investments.

Yea, you can make good cash weekly flipping stocks but the majority of people who try to do it don't. And with the commission paid on each trade and capital gain tax being at the maximum for short term, it's really not a good strategy for most. There are some who consistently beat the market but it's not the norm.
 08-21-2012, 10:26 AM         #13
mcfalcons15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Check out and if you think it's worth your $1,000 let me know, and I will help you get you started. I been involved for 3 years, and I can tell you it works, and is legitimate.
 5 years ago '05        #14
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
go to the roulette table and play even or odd, once you win 30-50 leave and come back 3-6 days a week.

If you keep the system you will see a big profit

50*6=300= 1200 a month and just stack
 5 years ago '04        #15
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
Good info. As mentioned, do your homework and take your time. You won't be able to understand trading or investing without trail and error.
 08-22-2012, 02:48 PM         #16
ProfitSee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Silver FTW
 5 years ago '06        #17
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 blaznfor20 said:
go to the roulette table and play even or odd, once you win 30-50 leave and come back 3-6 days a week.

If you keep the system you will see a big profit

50*6=300= 1200 a month and just stack
 5 years ago '04        #18
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,326 | Props total: 515 515
I have a great investment and opportunity for you if you are interested
 5 years ago '12        #19
Southwick 
space
space
$2,622 | Props total: 396 396
^^^ I'm interested. What is it?
 5 years ago '04        #20
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 2411 2411
wholesale........... guaranteed fast return, been doing it on the side and it easily brings me in full time money in just a few days. let me know if you need more info., i can show you how to spend a fraction of that 1000 dollars and make another 1000 and up. real talk.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy