Top 5 all time at every position?

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #121
West1 
space
space
$315 | Props total: 173 173
 MichaelKnight said:
KG is not a top 5 PF...
top 10 yes
 5 years ago '04        #122
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,067 | Props total: 4839 4839
 nameless1 said:
it's much better than it is now. heat sweep any of those teams, celtics can potentially sweep, etc. it was an all time low. those nets teams that made it out of the east was pathetic

his efficiency didn't do much good considering that he only made it out of the 2nd round once in his entire career. do you want a player who in the PS who in their career shot 40%?
everybody on that list played with another scoring star or hall of famer for the peak of their career iverson put up the same stats and did everything but win a ring with out one....when u 6 foot and the only scoring threat ever on your team year and year out shooting 40% is a blessing kus it could be lower........only since the kobe mj discussions did % become such a big deal....wade has a shaq and lerbon Zoe bosh and all these guys as allies for his success when he had a bad team did he do what ai i did n*gga barely made the playoffs same for kobe......drexler had terry porter a great player then he had a allstar team in houston ......ai did more with less /beside the championship and wade 2nd ring he wasnt even the best player on the team his 1st ring he had shaq and Zoe ........name one top 20 scorer ai played with in philly ? mutumbo ? dont count for sh*t on the offensive end...and he still avg 6plus a.ssist while scoring a sh*t load of points!
 5 years ago '04        #123
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
the whole idea of manu being that great is largely based on "what ifs" IMO. he's never been the man or had to carry a team. that doesn't take away from him, but i don't think you can extrapolate and use that to add to him either.

what wade did that finals was legendary. already down 2-0, losing by 13 halfway through the 4th quarter of game 3 with the door about to shut on you, then you rattle off 40 ppg over the next 4 to win?

that's not just "insert great SG here and they'd win" type of stuff. shaq is my favorite player of all time, and i love zo, but shaq was the third leading scorer behind 'toine in that series and zo was giving all that he had left, but was at the end of his career.

if you're just trollin, we good though

but i don't agree that we can all just make the giant leap and a.ssume manu was capable of 30 ppg seasons and leading his own team to a championship when we've never seen anything like that. not saying it would happen to manu, but you do see players leave the team they've been successful with and end up flopping in other situations. i'm not going to accept his hypothetical greatness as a foregone conclusion. he's a crafty scorer and playmaker, and an average at best defender. i'm not sure i'd even consider him a superstar, let alone top 5 SG ever IMO.
this n*ggaz at like manu is some underrated messiah ......if we gone go off what ifs what if ai worked on his jumper and philly traded for vince carter in the early 2000 or shaq....

what it t-mac never got injured......what if penny never got hurt what if grant hill got hurt.....kus if these what ifs were thrown in we have a whole different look at whose goat and baby goat
 5 years ago '06        #124
pac_f 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,337 | Props total: 694 694
 nameless1 said:
PG:
Magic
Oscar
Isiah
Stockton
Payton

SG:
MJ
Kobe
West
Wade
Drexler

SF:
Bird
LeBron
Dr J
Pippen
Baylor/Havlicek

PF:
Duncan
KG/Dirk
Dirk/KG
Karl Malone[no ring, would be #2 with 1]
Barkley

C:
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem
Moses Malone

i left Russell out because i dont know much about him and theres big questions about how successful he'd be today.

>>>>

The fact that you left of russell and Kareem makes this entire thread invaild. A.i.'s heart and dedication to every single game he played makes him a soon to be hall of famer and also the superior sg when compared to wade. The only thing wade has on a.i. is two rings. If rings are your criteria for being a top 5 player, then russell is the best player of all time. He has 11 rings, 8 as a player and 3 as a coach. Regardless if you have doubts if he could play in todays game he has 11 rings. He is a gold medalist and he helped raise the first banner in celtics history. He wasn't the scorer that mosses was but if scoring is your criteria then the leading scorer of all time, Kareem abdul-jabbar, has to be on your list if you expect people to take your opinion as more than just a joke. this post makes me think either that you just started watching basket ball in 2003 or later, or that you are a mentally challenged individual, in either case I feel sorry for you.

Your welcome,

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #125
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
$8,092 | Props total: 4768 4768
 UF4Soldier said:
everybody on that list played with another scoring star or hall of famer for the peak of their career iverson put up the same stats and did everything but win a ring with out one....when u 6 foot and the only scoring threat ever on your team year and year out shooting 40% is a blessing kus it could be lower........only since the kobe mj discussions did % become such a big deal....wade has a shaq and lerbon Zoe bosh and all these guys as allies for his success when he had a bad team did he do what ai i did n*gga barely made the playoffs same for kobe......drexler had terry porter a great player then he had a allstar team in houston ......ai did more with less /beside the championship and wade 2nd ring he wasnt even the best player on the team his 1st ring he had shaq and Zoe ........name one top 20 scorer ai played with in philly ? mutumbo ? dont count for sh*t on the offensive end...and he still avg 6plus a.ssist while scoring a sh*t load of points!
iverson was putting up 31 ppg when he got traded to denver, while he was there[with another scorer] his efficiency went way up but his ppg dropped by like 5-6. thisis what it should have been his whole career. iverson never was an above average rebounding guard like wade was, never the defender, etc. drexler was just so much more efficient than iverson and scored less, but not like he got blown out of the water. he made it to the finals twice as the #1 in the most difficult era of ball, and he didnt have an all star team in houston. hakeem was the only all star. barkley wasnt playing like an all star anymore and drexler retired by the time pippen got there
zo wasnt even close to an all star when he was playing with wade. kidney issues and age. ai had the perfect situation for him in denver and he played like sh*t in the playoffs both years.
 5 years ago '12        #126
space
space
 pac_f said:
>>>>

The fact that you left of russell and Kareem makes this entire thread invaild. A.i.'s heart and dedication to every single game he played makes him a soon to be hall of famer and also the superior sg when compared to wade. The only thing wade has on a.i. is two rings. If rings are your criteria for being a top 5 player, then russell is the best player of all time. He has 11 rings, 8 as a player and 3 as a coach. Regardless if you have doubts if he could play in todays game he has 11 rings. He is a gold medalist and he helped raise the first banner in celtics history. He wasn't the scorer that mosses was but if scoring is your criteria then the leading scorer of all time, Kareem abdul-jabbar, has to be on your list if you expect people to take your opinion as more than just a joke. this post makes me think either that you just started watching basket ball in 2003 or later, or that you are a mentally challenged individual, in either case I feel sorry for you.

Your welcome,

[pic - click to view]

Yeah AI did everything better, except rebounding, defense, playoff success, efficiency, playmaking[exact same APG]. Other than that, you got it.

And Russell only won two as a coach . And it makes no sense that you're using kareem as an example when you consider
A. kareem played in 2 different decades and eras
B. they never played eachother
C. kareem was elite from 1970 to 1986
D. kareem is the all time leading scorer, his game could clearly translate into any era
 5 years ago '12        #127
bpw5009 1 heat pts
space
space
$585 | Props total: 168 168
Jason Kidd not a Top 5 PG? But the Wade AI debate is a good one
 5 years ago '04        #128
warbux04 
space
space
$737 | Props total: 182 182
lebrons not a small forward theres a six postion nowadays. combo guard/forward
 5 years ago '12        #129
space
space
 bpw5009 said:
Jason Kidd not a Top 5 PG? But the Wade AI debate is a good one
it really isnt

Drexler AI is a better debate

and nope, kidd was inefficient his entire career and didnt start to develop a shot until his later years, got him at 7. got to say though even as a knicks fan, those kidd/vc/rj teams
 5 years ago '12        #130
space
space
 warbux04 said:
lebrons not a small forward theres a six postion nowadays. combo guard/forward
 5 years ago '04        #131
space
space
 nameless1 said:
iverson was putting up 31 ppg when he got traded to denver, while he was there[with another scorer] his efficiency went way up but his ppg dropped by like 5-6. thisis what it should have been his whole career. iverson never was an above average rebounding guard like wade was, never the defender, etc. drexler was just so much more efficient than iverson and scored less, but not like he got blown out of the water. he made it to the finals twice as the #1 in the most difficult era of ball, and he didnt have an all star team in houston. hakeem was the only all star. barkley wasnt playing like an all star anymore and drexler retired by the time pippen got there
zo wasnt even close to an all star when he was playing with wade. kidney issues and age. ai had the perfect situation for him in denver and he played like sh*t in the playoffs both years.
barkley still balled when he 1st got to houston and anyway you put Zoe n shaq is a better team then any ai in philly team.......and then u use denver but isnt wade ppg down since lerbon and clyde were down in houston as well......in denver he avg 26 n 24 which is his career avg ....in philly had had to av that much......in denver ai started losing himself kus he was at a point where he could play his game and theyd prolly win //but if they lost theyd just blame him for shooting alot ...so he leaned on melo more and the team u can see he wasnt the k!ller he was in philly in denver as a ai fan i can tell he was conflicted those denver years more so in the playoffs not to mention they played flat out better teams la and spurs won the finals those years.........and melo isnt the type of player thats compliments another players game kus he has to have the ball one on one u cant throw lobs all day to melo or sh*t like that u can do with lebron and wade ....had that beena kobe or vince carter or t-mac it wouldve been different....check out how he used to set up tim thomas and larry hughes for plays later it was iggy...then check out how unselfish he played in all star games....but this is my personal choice nothin really wrong with your list

u could put

ai
clyde
reggie
ray ray

all to f!ght for the spot to be honest !
 5 years ago '04        #132
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,366 | Props total: 229 229
SoOO ahkeem Whopp'n shaqs a.ss EVERY TIME THEY PLAYED ..and he still better then him lmao
 5 years ago '12        #133
space
space
 UF4Soldier said:
barkley still balled when he 1st got to houston and anyway you put Zoe n shaq is a better team then any ai in philly team.......and then u use denver but isnt wade ppg down since lerbon and clyde were down in houston as well......in denver he avg 26 n 24 which is his career avg ....in philly had had to av that much......in denver ai started losing himself kus he was at a point where he could play his game and theyd prolly win //but if they lost theyd just blame him for shooting alot ...so he leaned on melo more and the team u can see he wasnt the k!ller he was in philly in denver as a ai fan i can tell he was conflicted those denver years more so in the playoffs not to mention they played flat out better teams la and spurs won the finals those years.........and melo isnt the type of player thats compliments another players game kus he has to have the ball one on one u cant throw lobs all day to melo or sh*t like that u can do with lebron and wade ....had that beena kobe or vince carter or t-mac it wouldve been different....check out how he used to set up tim thomas and larry hughes for plays later it was iggy...then check out how unselfish he played in all star games....but this is my personal choice nothin really wrong with your list

u could put

ai
clyde
reggie
ray ray

all to f!ght for the spot to be honest !
good points, but wades best year was without shaq/zo/bron/anyone

in 09 he put up 30/8/5/2/1 on 49% and his best year from 3 as well[32%, not very good though]. AI isnt fu*king with that in his best year, and this was when wades best teammate was either beasley or marion
 5 years ago '12        #134
space
space
 Shizz said:
SoOO ahkeem Whopp'n shaqs a.ss EVERY TIME THEY PLAYED ..and he still better then him lmao
28/13/6/3 bpg on 60% in your 3rd year in the finals is getting your a.ss whooped?not to mention

Last edited by King Jaffe Joe; 08-19-2012 at 06:08 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #135
dacaptn4u 
space
space
$631 | Props total: 1 1
make all the faces u want AI would school any of those pg..youtube him please
 5 years ago '04        #136
space
space
 nameless1 said:
good points, but wades best year was without shaq/zo/bron/anyone

in 09 he put up 30/8/5/2/1 on 49% and his best year from 3 as well[32%, not very good though]. AI isnt fu*king with that in his best year, and this was when wades best teammate was either beasley or marion
and what was his playoff success and u wade only avg more reb by default hes bigger and taller! then ai .......
reb ast stl ppg!
4.0 7.9 2.4 30.7

and he had four more season almost exactly like this how many does wade have

30 plus with 7 a.ssist 2 steals and 4 reb a game 5times

ai played with old broke down webber pass his prime glen robinson a young iggy rookie larry hughes tim thomas .....and jerry stack house i his prime years none of those were scoring threats they avg at best ohhh over hill toni kukoc

Last edited by UF4Soldier; 08-19-2012 at 06:12 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #137
space
space
 dacaptn4u said:
make all the faces u want AI would school any of those pg..youtube him please
you think AI is schooling gary payton? everyone on this forum loves ai but a. he was a sg so who cares about pgs and b. he's 6th best sg to me. if i only youtubed players vince carter would be the best player ever, this is why i use stats alot more than the eye test
 08-19-2012, 06:10 PM         #138
GregNice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AI, t-mac, penny?????
 5 years ago '12        #139
space
space
 UF4Soldier said:
and what was his playoff success and u wade only avg more reb by default hes bigger and taller! then ai .......
reb ast stl ppg!
4.0 7.9 2.4 30.7

and he had five more season almost exactly like this how many does wade have

30 plus with 7 a.ssist 2 steals and 4 reb a game 6times
it's not my fault AI was short, wade is by default a better rebounder so that's an advantage to him. better defender as well. and wade took that series to 7 and put up 29/5/5/1/2 on 44%. his 2nd best player was shooting 39%. he had no help. sure an l is an l, but iverson was below average in every playoff series of his career besides 2001

the reasons im taking wade over ai 100/100 times are defense and efficiency. if ai even shot 45% in his career im taking him over wade no doubt. sadly this wasnt the case. also, ai only made it out of the 2nd round once. and missed the playoffs 6 times[2 times in his peak].
 5 years ago '12        #140
space
space
 GregNice said:
AI, t-mac, penny?????
cmon b, tmac was lazy and had one year where he played to his best, after that it was injuries/excuses/first round exits/lazyness. no bias from me, take a look at my avatar
penny without injuries easily makes this list. 96 season from him is one of the best ever from a pg. but he and grant hill were tragedies
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy