Top 5 all time at every position?

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
230 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #101
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
$8,091 | Props total: 4766 4766
 cmlewis said:
you forgot the gawd KEVIN MCHALE
nah b, i have mchale 6th. good, wasnt elite for more than 4 years, career ended[at a high level] based on lingering injuries

FlamboyantOne said:
You young, so I hope cats cut you some slack......

Just take if from, all likely hood, the most or top 2 most knowledgeble historian on this site......

Dirk in no way shape or form is or will ever be ahead of Chuck or Karl. Karl is the 2nd All time leading scorer for crying out loud. Barkely was GREAT too many years for Dirk to eclipse.....
barkley was great for 12-13 seasons, dirk 11-12 and he isnt done yet. compare the numbers b, i love barkley as a player[one of the most if not the most unique player to ever play] and on tv and dont care for dirk, but it's true. Then we compare team success. What does Barkleys great numbers show for his teams in philly?Nothing, what about in Phoenix?A loss in the finals where him and KJ choked[KJ more]. What about Dirk?A Ring in one of the best PS runs in recent memory, a finals loss[he choked], always a threat in the postseason, and one embarassing loss[2007]. Not even taking into account Barkley being known as a headcase, and he took too many 3's for his own liking
 5 years ago '12        #102
space
space
 DCballer40 said:
You n*ggas are delusional...putting Barkley in the top 5 and having the AUDACITY to not have KG in the top 5. Where is Moses Malone at?....he's in the top 5 before Barkley sniffs it.
Moses is a center b

and I have al lof them in my top 5
 08-19-2012, 04:51 PM         #103
AmerigoCorleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O'Neal, Wilt Chamberlain, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Russell
PF: Tim Duncan, Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Charles Barkley
SF: Larry Bird, Lebron James, Julius Erving, Elgin Baylor, John Havlicek
SG: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Jerry West, Dwyane Wade, Clyde Drexler
PG: Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Jason Kidd

Last edited by AmerigoCorleone; 08-19-2012 at 04:58 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #104
space
space
 raw51188 said:
Fixed
Dr J>Baylor unless you don't give a sh*t about the ABA at all

other than that...
 5 years ago '04        #105
Joeh171 
space
space
$473 | Props total: 154 154
 MichaelKnight said:
KG is not a top 5 PF...
top 10 yes
Thats a god damn joke. Look up advanced defensive statistics on KG for his entire career. ESPN did a scouts inc article a few months back. Since he came into the league he has been the single most dominant defensive player at any position. What they analyzed was his affect on his teams defense when he was on the court, he by far had a bigger impact than any other player. The crazy thing about the article is it still stood true for the last few years.
 5 years ago '12        #106
space
space
 AmerigoCorleone said:
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O'Neal, Wilt Chamberlain, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Russell
PF: Tim Duncan, Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Charles Barkley
SF: Larry Bird, Lebron James, Julius Erving, John Havlicek, Rick Barry
SG: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Jerry West, Dwyane Wade, Clyde Drexler
PG: Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Jason Kidd
Pippen>Barry, Baylor>Barry but to be honest i completely forgot about him. both were inefficient, barry was more of a headcase however.

other than that...
 5 years ago '08        #107
MrFourteen5 
space
space
$3,654 | Props total: 6068 6068
This is getting old.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #108
space
space
 MrFourteen5 said:
This is getting old.

[pic - click to view]

i can debate about basketball all day, only sport where i know more than the average person in
 5 years ago '11        #109
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 165 165
 nameless1 said:
Moses is a center b

and I have al lof them in my top 5
Good....but alot of people need to really take a look at Barkley's game and what he truly accomplished before they put him in their top 5. He was a top 5 PF 20 years ago....but since then we have seen 2 of the top 3 PFs of ALL TIME. Barkley has been bumped out of the top 5 and people continue to force his name in there. I dont get it....and for all of Malone's accomplishments he is not ahead of KG in GOAT PF conversations. He scored a ton of points and won NOTHING. Was not a defensive stallworth nor did he make anyone else around him better. If anything....Stockston made him better
 08-19-2012, 04:58 PM         #110
AmerigoCorleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nameless1 said:
Pippen>Barry, Baylor>Barry but to be honest i completely forgot about him. both were inefficient, barry was more of a headcase however.

other than that...
Forgot about Elgin Baylor.
 5 years ago '07        #111
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,389 | Props total: 13058 13058
 I k!ll TREES said:
Josh i gotta throw some trash wades way.... First thread where i didnt see anybody trolling kobe so i dove in head first

Manu aint to far behind tho
the whole idea of manu being that great is largely based on "what ifs" IMO. he's never been the man or had to carry a team. that doesn't take away from him, but i don't think you can extrapolate and use that to add to him either.

what wade did that finals was legendary. already down 2-0, losing by 13 halfway through the 4th quarter of game 3 with the door about to shut on you, then you rattle off 40 ppg over the next 4 to win?

that's not just "insert great SG here and they'd win" type of stuff. shaq is my favorite player of all time, and i love zo, but shaq was the third leading scorer behind 'toine in that series and zo was giving all that he had left, but was at the end of his career.

if you're just trollin, we good though

but i don't agree that we can all just make the giant leap and a.ssume manu was capable of 30 ppg seasons and leading his own team to a championship when we've never seen anything like that. not saying it would happen to manu, but you do see players leave the team they've been successful with and end up flopping in other situations. i'm not going to accept his hypothetical greatness as a foregone conclusion. he's a crafty scorer and playmaker, and an average at best defender. i'm not sure i'd even consider him a superstar, let alone top 5 SG ever IMO.
 5 years ago '12        #112
space
space
 DCballer40 said:
Good....but alot of people need to really take a look at Barkley's game and what he truly accomplished before they put him in their top 5. He was a top 5 PF 20 years ago....but since then we have seen 2 of the top 3 PFs of ALL TIME. Barkley has been bumped out of the top 5 and people continue to force his name in there. I dont get it....and for all of Malone's accomplishments he is not ahead of KG in GOAT PF conversations. He scored a ton of points and won NOTHING. Was not a defensive stallworth nor did he make anyone else around him better. If anything....Stockston made him better
Malone is very comparable to KG in defense and KGs only big edge over him is passing[Malone, scoring] which is why I don't have a problem with people putting malone over garnett. and barkley is a shoe in for top 5, 4/5 but still. no way im taking mchale/pettit over him
 5 years ago '05        #113
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
 nameless1 said:
nah b, i have mchale 6th. good, wasnt elite for more than 4 years, career ended[at a high level] based on lingering injuries

barkley was great for 12-13 seasons, dirk 11-12 and he isnt done yet. compare the numbers b, i love barkley as a player[one of the most if not the most unique player to ever play] and on tv and dont care for dirk, but it's true. Then we compare team success. What does Barkleys great numbers show for his teams in philly?Nothing, what about in Phoenix?A loss in the finals where him and KJ choked[KJ more]. What about Dirk?A Ring in one of the best PS runs in recent memory, a finals loss[he choked], always a threat in the postseason, and one embarassing loss[2007]. Not even taking into account Barkley being known as a headcase, and he took too many 3's for his own liking
Neither Barkley or KJ choked. They lost a hottly contested Finals to ......what would become a little later.....(with alot of the players)......the Greatest Team ever in terms of record...... to say Charles choked is way off base.

And Having Gary fu*king Payton over Steve Nash is HILARIOUS
 5 years ago '04        #114
cledee23 
space
space
$853 | Props total: 4 4
Bill Russell how many championships, and he's not in the top 5 list,

i'm done,
 5 years ago '05        #115
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
 nameless1 said:
Malone is very comparable to KG in defense and KGs only big edge over him is passing[Malone, scoring] which is why I don't have a problem with people putting malone over garnett. and barkley is a shoe in for top 5, 4/5 but still. no way im taking mchale/pettit over him
This is pretty accurate........

Malone did make THREE 1st Team NBA ALL-defensive Teams......which isnt nothing to sneeze at......

McHale was unstoppable and great on defense......but he came off the bench a sh*t load of years......yes I know, by design.......but 6th man none the less. Pettit was GREAT as well, but def. no Sir Charles
 5 years ago '12        #116
space
space
 FlamboyantOne said:
Neither Barkley or KJ choked. They lost a hottly contested Finals to ......what would become a little later.....(with alot of the players)......the Greatest Team ever in terms of record...... to say Charles choked is way off base.

And Having Gary fu*king Payton over Steve Nash is HILARIOUS
you're right about barkley, still played below his standards.
KJ did choke though, remember game 1 and 2?he was just lost out there. he picked it up a little after that but he never played to the level he was capable of
and nash is 6 to me, give him a ring and he goes over payton. i just feel bad for payton because his teammates fu*ked him over alot. kemp didnt know how to use a condom, bi*ched about not getting a contract offer from seattle and forced his way out, etc. vin baker was an alcoholic..., and GP still managed to play at an elite level every year[besides his first 4, was good in every year besides first 2] in seattle

and malone should have made more all defensive teams imo. was derrick mckey really a better defender than him in 95 and 96?
 5 years ago '10        #117
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,002 | Props total: 5705 5705
AI > Clyde
 5 years ago '04        #118
izzy2024 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$939 | Props total: 13 13
You got Drexler and Wade and no Oscar Robertson?

I just can't
 5 years ago '12        #119
space
space
 izzy2024 said:
You got Drexler and Wade and no Oscar Robertson?

I just can't

he was a PG, and I have him #2 on there
 5 years ago '05        #120
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
 nameless1 said:
stopped for what?go ahead and take reggie/ray allen/AI over him

and no, bron isn't>>>>>>>>>bird. you can argue he's better and have somewhat of a case, but not ">>>>>>>>>>>". give lebron 2 more years and another fmvp and you have a much better case
I will agree with you again......

I seen both players........basically their entire career.......

Respect the hell out of both.......not a huge fan of either........

Throw rings-stats out the window for a minute......

Its just a gut decison.......but Lebron has NOT matched Bird's greatness yet. I know its hard for some of these young dudes to accept that......but Bird was just unreal for a huge stretch. I understand King has been the best player in the League.......but he doesnt have that......THIS DUDE IS ON SOME OTHER ISH like Legend yet. He is better simply because he is the biggest matchup problem since Wilt Chamberlain........he(James) is too big for 2's-3's and too quick for 4's..... Bird was just a cold blooded k!ller.

I have no trouble for those who put LBJ ahead.......but again.....I seen Bird since 81-82.....

At the end of the day.....or 2 more years......King will win this in a cake walk
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
97 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago