Top 5 all time at every position?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 nameless1 said:
fair point on handchecking, completely forgot about it. but wades 09 season>>>>>[he balled in the playoffs as well]. wade also goes to the basket with no hesitation and get's right back up, or used to before he started to flop more often. ewing and mourning would check him, but it's not like he'd be down crying there

as for the 08 finals
pierce: 22/5/6/43%
Garnett: 18/13/3/2/1/43%/shut down gasol for the most part

it's more comparable than i thought, but garnett carried the team throughout the entire season[except cavs/boston game 7 where pierce went toe to toe with bron]
yeah but you got to keep in mind though pierce made big shots in big moments and thats what separates the two imo
 5 years ago '12        #82
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
$8,090 | Props total: 4765 4765
 kb2602 said:
yeah but you got to keep in mind though pierce made big shots in big moments and thats what separates the two imo
i only remember game 7 where pierce really stepped it up, but he probably made more bigger shots

dirk may be>kg[i have them interchangeable] but kg is still clearly top 5

better:
duncan

even:
dirk

no argument from me, has a case
malone

has a case, but not a good one
barkley

after that it just get's to the pettit/mchale tier where they really don't have anything that would make them better than garnett
 5 years ago '12        #83
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,852 | Props total: 3481 3481
 nameless1 said:
SF:
LeBron
Bird
Dr J
Baylor
Havlicek/Pippen

PF:
Duncan
Malone
Barkley
Kevin McHale
Kevin Garnette

C:
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Bill Russell
Hakeem

*Fixed
 5 years ago '12        #84
space
space
 TRILL SH1T said:
*Fixed
lebron>bird with another fmvp and yes
mchale was elite for 4 seasons. he broke his foot, played on it, and was never the same after that. kg and dirk both own him in the amount of seasons they stayed elite
i didnt include russell in my list because of era questions
baylor>pippen can be argued, but baylor was inefficient and this was playing next to an above average playmaker in west
 5 years ago '12        #85
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
 nameless1 said:
lebron>bird with another fmvp and yes
mchale was elite for 4 seasons. he broke his foot, played on it, and was never the same after that. kg and dirk both own him in the amount of seasons they stayed elite
i didnt include russell in my list because of era questions
baylor>pippen can be argued, but baylor was inefficient and this was playing next to an above average playmaker in west
that is a dumb reason... cause you can say the same thing about Jerry West, Jerry West could not play in this era AT ALL... Kevin Mchale balled out for a decade more then 3 years, and racked up three championship rings in the process
 5 years ago '04        #86
kb2602 
space
space
space
 nameless1 said:
i only remember game 7 where pierce really stepped it up, but he probably made more bigger shots

dirk may be>kg[i have them interchangeable] but kg is still clearly top 5

better:
duncan

even:
dirk

no argument from me, has a case
malone

has a case, but not a good one
barkley

after that it just get's to the pettit/mchale tier where they really don't have anything that would make them better than garnett
i mean yeah you make a lot of fair points with kg and dude put up great numbers but a lot of early playoff exits, not showing in a lot of big moments, and imo other then the 08 season and this past playoffs dude has some pedestrian numbers in boston, smh im just not a big kg guy
 5 years ago '04        #87
nastii_nigga 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 695 695
 GREAT1NE said:
Dirk is easily top 5. Dude won a title with JTerry as a 2nd option.
If Dirk is soo great, why did he go from winning it all to getting swept in the 1st round?!!!!

He hand pretty much the same team bar Chandler and Barea
 5 years ago '12        #88
space
space
 TRILL SH1T said:
that is a dumb reason... cause you can say the same thing about Jerry West, Jerry West could not play in this era AT ALL... Kevin Mchale balled out for a decade more then 3 years, and racked up three championship rings in the process
yes he could. as i've repeated, west had an all time skillset. playmaking, above average rebounding guard, range, scorer, etc etc. he played the point for the latter half of his career, he clearly could succeed

and mchale only started hitting his stride in 84, became elite in 86, and wasnt elite again after 1990. durability is another huge question mark

Garnett GP/GS 1255/1218
Dirk GP/GS 1055/1030
Mchale GP/GS 971/400.

yes he won 3 rings, but he had a top 6[at worst] player to help him along with a top 60 player and some more HOFs. he was the #2 option in 84 and 86, granted.

edit: dirk isn't even done yet in being elite, and garnett is still above average
 5 years ago '04        #89
kb2602 
space
space
space
 TRILL SH1T said:
yeah also gotta keep in mind too, mchale played in a frontcourt with parrish and bird, so your points and rebounds are going to be a lil bit lower then they would be if he was the #1 option like kg was for years, mchale was tough man
 5 years ago '12        #90
space
space
 kb2602 said:
i mean yeah you make a lot of fair points with kg and dude put up great numbers but a lot of early playoff exits, not showing in a lot of big moments, and imo other then the 08 season and this past playoffs dude has some pedestrian numbers in boston, smh im just not a big kg guy
he got injured in 09, made the finals in 2010. 11 he sucked, though.

and at making dirk bad for getting swept out of the first round. shaq got swept out of the first round 6 times. chandler>shaq
 5 years ago '04        #91
kb2602 
space
space
space
 nameless1 said:
he got injured in 09, made the finals in 2010. 11 he sucked, though.

and at making dirk bad for getting swept out of the first round. shaq got swept out of the first round 6 times. chandler>shaq

huh
 5 years ago '12        #92
space
space
 kb2602 said:
huh
someone just said dirk isn't great because he got swept out of the first round this year
 5 years ago '12        #93
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
 nameless1 said:
yes he could. as i've repeated, west had an all time skillset. playmaking, above average rebounding guard, range, scorer, etc etc. he played the point for the latter half of his career, he clearly could succeed

and mchale only started hitting his stride in 84, became elite in 86, and wasnt elite again after 1990. durability is another huge question mark

Garnett GP/GS 1255/1218
Dirk GP/GS 1055/1030
Mchale GP/GS 971/400.

yes he won 3 rings, but he had a top 6[at worst] player to help him along with a top 60 player and some more HOFs. he was the #2 option in 84 and 86, granted.

edit: dirk isn't even done yet in being elite, and garnett is still above average
Unless West was about to be a spot up shooter, I don't believe he would have the speed and athleticism to contend with the guard play of today; but I don't like comparing era to era cause it's unfair, that why Bill Russell shouldnt be left off
 5 years ago '12        #94
space
space
 TRILL SH1T said:
Unless West was about to be a spot up shooter, I don't believe he would have the speed and athleticism to contend with the guard play of today; but I don't like comparing era to era cause it's unfair, that why Bill Russell shouldnt be left off
west had great range, if you watch the[little] tape of him, he took shots from behind the arc before the 3 point line was introduced and was hitting them with stride. it's unfair to compare west to someone like kyle korver because korver has never shown playmaking ability, nor above average rebounding.

russell if you watched tape, his offensive game was little to nothing besides outlet passes. his defense was an all time level, as his leadership, sure. but him playing in this era and succeeding isnt as clear cut as someone like wilt
 5 years ago '12        #95
space
space
 Johnson Barnes said:
Hakeem > Shaq , Wilt
shaqs peak and accolades>>>>>>

hakeem may have won in their h2h matchup in 95, but shaq put up 28/13/6/3 bpg on 60%. really not his fault they got swept.

wilt, depends on how much you value his era and accomplishments. those 3 are very close together though and you can make a good argument for all of them
 5 years ago '11        #96
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 1075 1075
 joshdogg26 said:

son... i can't even begin...just wow. either you didn't even watch or you smoke too much and forgot what happened.
Josh i gotta throw some trash wades way.... First thread where i didnt see anybody trolling kobe so i dove in head first

Manu aint to far behind tho
 5 years ago '06        #97
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
 nameless1 said:
PG:
Magic
Oscar
Isiah
Kidd
Nash

SG:
MJ
Kobe
West
Wade
Drexler

SF:
Bird
LeBron
Elgin Baylor
Dr J
Pippen/Havlicek

PF:
Duncan
Malone
KG
Dirk
Barkley

C:
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem
Russell/Robinson

Fixed
 5 years ago '06        #98
cmlewis 1 heat pts
space
space
$145 | Props total: 5 5
you forgot the gawd KEVIN MCHALE
 5 years ago '05        #99
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,582 | Props total: 9 9
 nameless1 said:
how are you putting karl or barkley over him when they're both known as career chokers and dirk just had one of the most memorable PS runs ever?if malone or barkley won a ring i'd put them ahead of him but they didnt.
You young, so I hope cats cut you some slack......

Just take if from, all likely hood, the most or top 2 most knowledgeble historian on this site......

Dirk in no way shape or form is or will ever be ahead of Chuck or Karl. Karl is the 2nd All time leading scorer for crying out loud. Barkely was GREAT too many years for Dirk to eclipse.....
 5 years ago '11        #100
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 165 165
You n*ggas are delusional...putting Barkley in the top 5 and having the AUDACITY to not have KG in the top 5. Where is Moses Malone at?....he's in the top 5 before Barkley sniffs it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago