Top 5 all time at every position?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
$8,090 | Props total: 4765 4765
 GREAT1NE said:
It's not the bigs that would bother West it's the perimeter size and speed. What made Oscar stand out was the fact that he was a 6'5 guard, 6'5 guards are the norm in today's game.
maybe 2's, but remember west played point for the latter half of his career and was producing.
 5 years ago '06        #62
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 909 909
 SDC17 said:
....Isn't that the reason he's great in general? His height and shooting form practically make it to where you can't guard him, he has one of the best mid-range games of all time. He'd be successful in any era, get that sh*t out of here.
these dudes are out of their fukin minds im right there with you.. Dirk has longevity on a team that makes deep playoff runs practically every year. And he won a finals and got finals MVP and MVP. His mid-range game is unguardable but this is boxden and hes white so yeah
 5 years ago '12        #63
space
space
 mixedwun said:
these dudes are out of their fukin minds im right there with you.. Dirk has longevity on a team that makes deep playoff runs practically every year. And he won a finals and got finals MVP and MVP. His mid-range game is unguardable but this is boxden and hes white so yeah
agree completely which is why I have Dirk and KG interchangable[favor KG a bit for defense]
 5 years ago '09        #64
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,648 | Props total: 633 633
 nameless1 said:
maybe 2's, but remember west played point for the latter half of his career and was producing.
West was all ways a scorer, and I just don't see many 6'2 white score first players with average athletism in today's game. Maybe that's just me.
 5 years ago '09        #65
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12356 12356
Since this thread was done today that a.ssures us that it has met it's weekly quota and won't be appearing again until some idiot decides to make it again next week right?
 5 years ago '12        #66
space
space
 GREAT1NE said:
West was all ways a scorer, and I just don't see many 6'2 white score first players with average athletism in today's game. Maybe that's just me.
career 6 RPG and 7 APG, 3 SPG...
 5 years ago '12        #67
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Since this thread was done today that a.ssures us that it has met it's weekly quota and won't be appearing again until some idiot decides to make it again next week right?
 5 years ago '09        #68
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
 nameless1 said:
agree completely which is why I have Dirk and KG interchangable[favor KG a bit for defense]
Dirk is easily top 5. Dude won a title with JTerry as a 2nd option.
 5 years ago '12        #69
space
space
 GREAT1NE said:
Dirk is easily top 5. Dude won a title with JTerry as a 2nd option.
agreed, cant see why/how people are putting pettit and mchale over him. he's #4 at worst[behind duncan, kg, malone] to me, #2 at best
 5 years ago '09        #70
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
 nameless1 said:
career 6 RPG and 7 APG, 3 SPG...
Wilt had a 50 & 30 year...

Can't compare stats when comparing eras
 5 years ago '12        #71
space
space
 GREAT1NE said:
Wilt had a 50 & 30 year...

Can't compare stats when comparing eras
have you watched tape of west? maybe the rebounding goes down[although he was clearly above average], but the playmaking doesn't.
 5 years ago '07        #72
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13040 13040
 I k!ll TREES said:
Personally i believe Manu> wade... If manu was the starting shooting gaurd in miami in 06... They prob would have still won...

Shaq and Zo >>>>>

son... i can't even begin...just wow. either you didn't even watch or you smoke too much and forgot what happened.
 08-19-2012, 02:43 PM         #73
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bron >>>>>>>>>>> bird
 5 years ago '04        #74
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,656 | Props total: 5339 5339
I saw Wade and just stopped .
 5 years ago '12        #75
space
space
 Aesop730 said:
I saw Wade and just stopped .
stopped for what?go ahead and take reggie/ray allen/AI over him

and no, bron isn't>>>>>>>>>bird. you can argue he's better and have somewhat of a case, but not ">>>>>>>>>>>". give lebron 2 more years and another fmvp and you have a much better case
 5 years ago '04        #76
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 nameless1 said:
Pettit also only played 10 seasons though, and was inefficient which is a problem. The dudes career high FG% is 46%. i dont want that on my team, KG used to choke in big game situations, but he's changed now. And even then, remember the 04 WCF?Cassell was out for game 5 and garnett balled that entire game and carried the team. I think he hit like 2 threes too. garnett carried that 08 team too, clearly should have won FMVP and i think was 3rd in mvp voting too

Agreed that Wade's defense is overrated, saying that, it's still much better than Drexlers. Wade is better on ball, and he's an amazing help defender. Drexler also won his title as the #2[contributed, though] and was a mental midget. Jordan mindfu*ked him in the finals and than was doing it again in the dream team practices, magic actually asked Jordan to stop. After that, Drexler was never the same. I don't see Wade backing down like clyde did

as for lebron, cant argue that. i have a huge amount of respect for his talent and as a basketball player, not as a person. that's why i take him into account

ok your point on pettit is fair and respected

as far as wade and drexler goes ya know ima a wade fan but lets be real though with no handchecking and the game being a lot less physical then it was in the 80's and 90's i mean yeah wade's numbers are gonna be better but i still like drexler slightly over wade
i mean drexler's three year playoff peak with portland is pretty impressive

1990-21ppg, 7 boards, 7 a.ssists, 2.5 steals
1991-21ppg, 8 boards, 8 a.ssists, 2 steals
1992-26ppg, 7 boards, 7 a.ssists, 1.5 steals

against a lot better teams, more physical game, and better defenses imo
and drexler getting schooled by jordan, i mean really its jordan, its no shame in that

and for kg man i gotta disagree, i thought pierce was easily the best player in the 08 finals, and just me personally dirk>>kg
 5 years ago '12        #77
space
space
 kb2602 said:
ok your point on pettit is fair and respected

as far as wade and drexler goes ya know ima a wade fan but lets be real though with no handchecking and the game being a lot less physical then it was in the 80's and 90's i mean yeah wade's numbers on gonna be better but i still like drexler slightly over wade
i mean drexler's three year playoff peak with portland is pretty impressive

1990-21ppg, 7 boards, 7 a.ssists, 2.5 steals
1991-21ppg, 8 boards, 8 a.ssists, 2 steals
1992-26ppg, 7 boards, 7 a.ssists, 1.5 steals

against a lot better teams, more physical game, and better defenses imo
and drexler getting schooled by jordan, i mean really its jordan, its no shame in that

and for kg man i gotta disagree, i thought pierce was easily the best player in the 08 finals, and just me personally dirk>>kg
fair point on handchecking, completely forgot about it. but wades 09 season>>>>>[he balled in the playoffs as well]. wade also goes to the basket with no hesitation and get's right back up, or used to before he started to flop more often. ewing and mourning would check him, but it's not like he'd be down crying there

as for the 08 finals
pierce: 22/5/6/43%
Garnett: 18/13/3/2/1/43%/shut down gasol for the most part

it's more comparable than i thought, but garnett carried the team throughout the entire season[except cavs/boston game 7 where pierce went toe to toe with bron]
 5 years ago '04        #78
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,656 | Props total: 5339 5339
 nameless1 said:
fair point on handchecking, completely forgot about it. but wades 09 season>>>>>[he balled in the playoffs as well]. wade also goes to the basket with no hesitation and get's right back up, or used to before he started to flop more often. ewing and mourning would check him, but it's not like he'd be down crying there

as for the 08 finals
pierce: 22/5/6/43%
Garnett: 18/13/3/2/1/43%/shut down gasol for the most part

it's more comparable than i thought, but garnett carried the team throughout the entire season[except cavs/boston game 7 where pierce went toe to toe with bron]

You putting these guys in the top 5 off one season ? or one playoff run . ? ..
 5 years ago '04        #79
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 Youngin19 said:
Even if Bron never won a ring, he'd still be at least the second best SF of all time

If you don't have a problem with Kobe winning with Shaq, Magic winning with KAJ and Big Game James or Bird winning with Mchale and Parrish and not winning FMVP for his first ring then you shouldn't have a problem with Bron.

nah bruh, every player needs help, even magic, bird, mj, etc all needed help big difference is they got their help by either draft picks or trades, magic and worthy were drafted to help KAJ, mchale drafted, parrish traded, kobe was a draft day trade, pippen was a draft day trade by the bulls to help mj, nothing wrong with wanting or needing help, mj and the bulls lost to the pistons in the playoffs three times can you imagine if dude said im leaving chicago and going to philly to team up with barkley to help me win chips smh, i think you get my point
 5 years ago '12        #80
space
space
 Aesop730 said:
You putting these guys in the top 5 off one season ? or one playoff run . ? ..
nope, kb was saying pierce was better than kg in 2008 and im checking the numbers out. why would i put kg in the top 5 using the last year of his peak?why would i have pierce anywhere near the top 5 sfs?

and im using wades peak year as an example. that's what you compare players by, yes?their peak years, along with accolades/accomplishments
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy