Top 5 all time at every position?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
Gulla 2 heat pts
space
space
$620 | Props total: 73 73
From the OP's post, Hakeem is 2nd after Wilt, then Kareem, Shaq, and Moses
Dirk ain't no top5 pf Barkley 2, Garmett 3, Malone 4, and Bob Pettit 5
 5 years ago '12        #42
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
$8,088 | Props total: 4761 4761
 Gulla said:
From the OP's post, Hakeem is 2nd after Wilt, then Kareem, Shaq, and Moses
Dirk ain't no top5 pf Barkley 2, Garmett 3, Malone 4, and Bob Pettit 5
what does hakeem have over kareem besides defense?mvps?nope, longevity?nope. titles?nope. FMVP?tied[but kareem should've won it in 1980]. scoring?nope. all star games?nope.

the main difference between barkley and dirk is how good they were for an extended period of time, and the ring. Barkley was never elite after 96, and he[along with KJ] choked in the 93 finals. he was also a headcase most of his career, and his work ethic was always in question after philly. Dirk just had one of the all time PS runs. Barkley?

Garnett I agree

Malone>Barkley 100/100 times. Malone owns him in everything besides rebounding. Malone>Dirk I could agree with, but Dirk get's the edge from me for the ring. no argument if you decide to put Malone over him

Pettit was inefficient, only played 10 years, played 5 of them in a joke era, etc. no way im putting him over dirk
 5 years ago '10        #43
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
Woooooooooow no KOBE hate on the 1st page?? Bx done changed!!!!
 5 years ago '04        #44
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 nameless1 said:
there's no way petitt/mchale are better than KG. Petitt has huge question marks about his era[same with cousy], and McHales longeivity was sh*t. KG blows him out of the water in that.

Worthy better than LeBron?Havilcek better than LeBron?Rodman?Only SF better than LeBron is Bird, and this is coming from a Knicks fan.

PGs are pretty much on point but cousy would suck today. No shot and couldn't dribble with his left hand. SG's too, but Wade>Drexler. Centers too, but I'd switch Hakeem and Shaq

first off with that era bullsh*t, i dont get caught up in all that, if them dudes played in later era, they would have todays medicine and training and would still be dominant
now as far as kg, i think dude is one of the most overated players of all time, yeah i know has put numbers and didnt have a great team at times in minnesota but dude has been known to disappear in late game situations and could never carry a team on his back, just my opinion and we can just agree to disagree but your points are respected

wade and drexler are close but ill take drexler over wade because imo drexler was dominant in a much tougher era (80's and 90's) and i think wade's defense is drastically overated, coming from behind or the weak side and blocking a big mans shot when he didnt see you doesnt make you a great defender and gambling in the passing lanes for a steal or two a night doesnt make you a great defender, wade imo has never been a go lock that dude down for a whole game type guy

and as far as lebron goes, he doesnt get any mention in any of my top anything, when you take shortcuts and cheat the game by hooking up with another top superstar to help you win, you gets no mention of top nothing from me, i got mad respect for all yall thoughts and opinions and i ask you do the same for me
 5 years ago '12        #45
space
space
 kb2602 said:
first off with that era bullsh*t, i dont get caught up in all that, if them dudes played in later era, they would have todays medicine and training and would still be dominant
now as far as kg, i think dude is one of the most overated players of all time, yeah i know has put numbers and didnt have a great team at times in minnesota but dude has been known to disappear in late game situations and could never carry a team on his back, just my opinion and we can just agree to disagree but your points are respected

wade and drexler are close but ill take drexler over wade because imo drexler was dominant in a much tougher era (80's and 90's) and i think wade's defense is drastically overated, coming from behind or the weak side and blocking a big mans shot when he didnt see you doesnt make you a great defender and gambling in the passing lanes for a steal or two a night doesnt make you a great defender, wade imo has never been a go lock that dude down for a whole game type guy

and as far as lebron goes, he doesnt get any mention in any of my top anything, when you take shortcuts and cheat the game by hooking up with another top superstar to help you win, you gets no mention of top nothing from me, i got mad respect for all yall thoughts and opinions and i ask you do the same for me
Pettit also only played 10 seasons though, and was inefficient which is a problem. The dudes career high FG% is 46%. i dont want that on my team, KG used to choke in big game situations, but he's changed now. And even then, remember the 04 WCF?Cassell was out for game 5 and garnett balled that entire game and carried the team. I think he hit like 2 threes too. garnett carried that 08 team too, clearly should have won FMVP and i think was 3rd in mvp voting too

Agreed that Wade's defense is overrated, saying that, it's still much better than Drexlers. Wade is better on ball, and he's an amazing help defender. Drexler also won his title as the #2[contributed, though] and was a mental midget. Jordan mindfu*ked him in the finals and than was doing it again in the dream team practices, magic actually asked Jordan to stop. After that, Drexler was never the same. I don't see Wade backing down like clyde did

as for lebron, cant argue that. i have a huge amount of respect for his talent and as a basketball player, not as a person. that's why i take him into account
 08-19-2012, 10:05 AM         #46
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kb2602 said:

Even if Bron never won a ring, he'd still be at least the second best SF of all time

If you don't have a problem with Kobe winning with Shaq, Magic winning with KAJ and Big Game James or Bird winning with Mchale and Parrish and not winning FMVP for his first ring then you shouldn't have a problem with Bron.
 5 years ago '12        #47
Gulla 2 heat pts
space
space
$620 | Props total: 73 73
 nameless1 said:
what does hakeem have over kareem besides defense?mvps?nope, longevity?nope. titles?nope. FMVP?tied[but kareem should've won it in 1980]. scoring?nope. all star games?nope.

the main difference between barkley and dirk is how good they were for an extended period of time, and the ring. Barkley was never elite after 96, and he[along with KJ] choked in the 93 finals. he was also a headcase most of his career, and his work ethic was always in question after philly. Dirk just had one of the all time PS runs. Barkley?

Garnett I agree

Malone>Barkley 100/100 times. Malone owns him in everything besides rebounding. Malone>Dirk I could agree with, but Dirk get's the edge from me for the ring. no argument if you decide to put Malone over him

Pettit was inefficient, only played 10 years, played 5 of them in a joke era, etc. no way im putting him over dirk
Hakeem was much more skilled IMO then Kareem and while I'm not slighting him Kareem played on way better teams. Barkley at 2 might just be my bias cause seeing a 6'4 chubby rebounding vacuum PF sounds ridiculous, and I'd say offensively Barkley> Malone cause Barkley had more range.i understand the Pettit argument tho.
Edit: about Barkley, even Jordan said it himself Barkley's the best PF (between Malone and Chuck)

Last edited by Gulla; 08-19-2012 at 10:45 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #48
space
space
 Gulla said:
Hakeem was much more skilled IMO then Kareem and while I'm not slighting him Kareem played on way better teams. Barkley at 2 might just be my bias cause seeing a 6'4 chubby rebounding vacuum PF sounds ridiculous, and I'd say offensively Barkley> Malone cause Barkley had more range.i understand the Pettit argument tho.
i agree hakeem is more skilled, but he doesn't match up to kareems accomplishments. i have barkley at 5, shame because i love watching him on TV and he was a force in his playing days[didn't get to see him play in philly, caught his suns career]. barkley had more range, but he took way too many 3's for his own good. i remember alot of times when instead of driving to the basket he just tried to take a 3.career 27% from 3

and barkley and jordan are great friends. jordan and malone?ehhh....
 5 years ago '12        #49
space
space
 DEDOS said:
wade is sitting comfortably at #3 period

3 more years and i agree
 5 years ago '09        #50
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,646 | Props total: 625 625
What a player would or wouldn't do in today's era is irrelevant in this discussion.
 5 years ago '12        #51
space
space
 GREAT1NE said:
What a player would or wouldn't do in today's era is irrelevant in this discussion.
is bill russell the goat?
actually, is george mikan the goat?
 5 years ago '09        #52
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
 nameless1 said:
is bill russell the goat?
actually, is george mikan the goat?
No. But not having him top 5 is crazy, and no one thinks Russell is more overrated then me. But to then have Jerry West who is a 6'2 white shooting guard who played in a time were (outside of) Wilt & Baylor blacks were used a dirty work players is kinda contradictory.
 5 years ago '12        #53
space
space
 GREAT1NE said:
No. But not having him top 5 is crazy, and no one thinks Russell is more overrated then me. But to then have Jerry West who is a 6'2 white shooting guard who played in a time were (outside of) Wilt & Baylor blacks were used a dirty work players is kinda contradictory.
wests skillset is timeless. he had everything. range, playmaking, defense, scoring, etc. he was ahead of his time, only oscar looked to be above him in terms of guard play. he'd succeed in any era

russell is questionable, he played with one of the best coaches ever[although he won 2 rings coaching the team himself and playing], a sh*t ton of hall of famers[did he make them?maybe], little to no offensive game besides outlet passes. his defense was great, but wilt got his # on him. i read stories that russell let wilt get his # for 3 quarters so wilt would check out of the game in the 4th, then russell would turn it on. it's believable because russell was one of the smartest players ever, but those quotes were from all celtic players.

you're right though, if I put him in this list I'd have him top 2
 5 years ago '04        #54
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 4443 4443
no ai thread fail
 5 years ago '04        #55
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 4443 4443
 nameless1 said:

comparing their best years

player A: 31/5/4/3[spg] on 42%
Player B: 30/8/5/2/1 on 49%
Player C: 25/4/4 on 51%

Player B gives you everything, A gives you scoring and steals but on terrible efficiency, and C only gives you scoring

And Iverson had larry brown and the sixth man of the year that year as well. not to mention, from 99-03 the east was pathetic. Iverson is one of my favorite players ever but his efficiency was awful. I'm not basing everything on stats, but even with the eye test Wade beats him. Miller was a one way player throughout his career, and now he's not even the best at what he did throughout his entire career. ray allen had a better career than him
only these new age n*ggaz wanna bring up a coach to say why someone was good his career avg is 26. 6assist 4 scoring title 3 steals titles, he had mutumbo wtf did mutumbo do he only got there before the trade dead line bro .......and was there two year that didnt shape ai career in anyway.....his efficiency means what they won games right and when hasnt the east been sh*tty it still is now!
 5 years ago '12        #56
space
space
 UF4Soldier said:
no ai thread fail
you're taking AI over Wade?Drexler?

i think everyone here loves ai but he didnt produce as well as anyone in the top 5. wade literally everything better than him[besides play the passing lanes]. even scoring wade scored only slightly less in their peaks, but did it at a much better efficiency. drexler, ditto[besides playmaking, but he didn't need to]. 27/8/6/3 on 50% on his best year[or 25/7/7/2/1].
 5 years ago '12        #57
space
space
 UF4Soldier said:
only these new age n*ggaz wanna bring up a coach to say why someone was good his career avg is 26. 6assist 4 scoring title 3 steals titles, he had mutumbo wtf did mutumbo do he only got there before the trade dead line bro .......and was there two year that didnt shape ai career in anyway.....his efficiency means what they won games right and when hasnt the east been sh*tty it still is now!
it's much better than it is now. heat sweep any of those teams, celtics can potentially sweep, etc. it was an all time low. those nets teams that made it out of the east was pathetic

his efficiency didn't do much good considering that he only made it out of the 2nd round once in his entire career. do you want a player who in the PS who in their career shot 40%?
 5 years ago '09        #58
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
 nameless1 said:
wests skillset is timeless. he had everything. range, playmaking, defense, scoring, etc. he was ahead of his time, only oscar looked to be above him in terms of guard play. he'd succeed in any era

russell is questionable, he played with one of the best coaches ever[although he won 2 rings coaching the team himself and playing], a sh*t ton of hall of famers[did he make them?maybe], little to no offensive game besides outlet passes. his defense was great, but wilt got his # on him. i read stories that russell let wilt get his # for 3 quarters so wilt would check out of the game in the 4th, then russell would turn it on. it's believable because russell was one of the smartest players ever, but those quotes were from all celtic players.

you're right though, if I put him in this list I'd have him top 2
IMO both West & Russell would be role players at best in today's game, but because of there accomplishments in the era they played in and how it compares equally to the dominance of any other top 5 player and the accomplishments for them in there era.

Last edited by GREAT1NE; 08-19-2012 at 12:24 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #59
space
space
 GREAT1NE said:
IMO both West & Russell would be role players at best in today's game, but because of there accomplishments in the era they played in and how it compares equally to the dominance of any other top 5 player and the accomplishment for them in there era.
west was producing well in the early 70s when kareem was in the league. west is a different beast than russell. if you watched some game footage of west, you can see that he was ahead of his time. he wouldn't just be jj red!ck or some garbage player today. much better defender, playmaker, etc
 5 years ago '09        #60
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
 nameless1 said:
west was producing well in the early 70s when kareem was in the league. west is a different beast than russell. if you watched some game footage of west, you can see that he was ahead of his time. he wouldn't just be jj red!ck or some garbage player today. much better defender, playmaker, etc
It's not the bigs that would bother West it's the perimeter size and speed. What made Oscar stand out was the fact that he was a 6'5 guard, 6'5 guards are the norm in today's game.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago