AP Top 25 Poll

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
205 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #181
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
$16,974 | Props total: 4302 4302
 STAY ASLEEP said:
its always been that way... it shows.

you hardly ever sell out the coliseum (if at all.)
where i'm from, the last time we haven't had a sellout was 1962. currently upping the capacity to 87+ and that won't harm the sellout streak in the least. all the expansion is doing is cutting down on the years people are waiting for season tickets... instead of 20 its now 10.

Didn't even sell out when they played Stanford
 5 years ago '04        #182
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Hey guy the fu*king Coliseum capacity is almost 100. We averaged 91k in 2006 . We are averaging over 70k in down years That's with UCLA playing down the street and averaging over 50k for their sh*tty a.ss fu*king program.

Ohh but your only college in the state is upgrading to 85k? How nice
There's like 13 million people in LA.
 5 years ago '04        #183
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,009 | Props total: 85 85
 JFamis said:
Didn't even sell out when they played Stanford
game was a sell out brah
 5 years ago '04        #184
space
space
 STAY ASLEEP said:
13 million people in LA and still cant find enough people to fill the coliseum on saturdays.
I spend a lot of time in LA because most of my family lives there and I have a lot of friends there... Besides the weather... Comparing it to Portland, I can't even tell the difference. They talk about there's more to do there, but there's four times more people. It's not like the people who live there are at Disneyland every weekend
 08-18-2012, 10:34 PM         #185
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 STAY ASLEEP said:
you can't say your fans care about college football and then in the same breath talk about the reasons why there are better things to do than care about college football.

This is like trying to convince kanye he's a gay fish.
I'm saying its not a college town. This isn't the only attraction in LA. Its a huge city with great weather year round. Were comparing big and sunny Los Angeles to cities where there is nothing else to do but go to a football game. Its just like the Packers situation. The town shuts down during football games because that's all they have.(they have great fans as well). The difference between the places is that when the teams aren't doing great one city has things for the casual fans to do. In these "college towns" casual fans have nothing else to do.

JFamis said:
Because we saw your stadium was fu*king empty on national TV midseason when you played Arizona.
There were 63k there .

Nobody is calling LA a college town but saying USC has bad fans is fu*king insane.
 5 years ago '04        #186
space
space
 bouncer900 said:
game was a sell out brah
Maybe I'm wrong, but I was in LA that weekend and there were tickets the day before, but my friends tried to get me to go...

Edit: There were still tickets the day before for the biggest game of the year

1. GameDay and a sellout crowd. USC is expecting a sellout crowd -- or very close to it -- to turn up at the Coliseum on Saturday, which will likely make for the Trojans' biggest home crowd since September 2008. Yes, USC hasn't sold out a home contest since the Ohio State home opener that year. And to add to the craziness, ESPN College GameDay is going to be broadcasting outside the Coliseum starting at 6 a.m. PT -- 11 hours before kickoff. The atmosphere is going to be a blast from the past. Who will handle it better: the Cardinal or the Trojans?
No sellouts since 2008? With the team USC had in 2008? Pathetic.

Last edited by JFamis; 08-18-2012 at 10:39 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #187
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,897 | Props total: 13996 13996
 JFamis said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I was in LA that weekend and there were tickets the day before, but my friends tried to get me to go...

Edit: There were still tickets the day before for the biggest game of the year

No sellouts since 2008? With the team USC had in 2008? Pathetic.
But it was sunny outside that day!!!

fu*k usc
 08-18-2012, 10:40 PM         #188
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JFamis said:
I spend a lot of time in LA because most of my family lives there and I have a lot of friends there... Besides the weather... Comparing it to Portland, I can't even tell the difference. They talk about there's more to do there, but there's four times more people. It's not like the people who live there are at Disneyland every weekend
4,752 sq miles vs 145.4 sq miles

Los Angeles is fu*king gigantic. What people do on the weekends is go out. We are never limited by weather. Go to a beach or a park Christmas weekend and see how crowded it is
 5 years ago '09        #189
space
space
 STAY ASLEEP said:
hahahahahahahahahahaha...... yeah i get it bro (this is your 20th post on this)
"no no no no no no, its because theres more stuff to do here."

you. don't. understand.

you're trying to make a case why you matter as much as other college football fans, but you're explaining why you dont care as much. shut. the. fu*k. up.

[pic - click to view]

kanye, you're a gay fish.
You're right. They just don't get it and never will.
 5 years ago '04        #190
space
space
 -BigC- said:
I'm saying its not a college town. This isn't the only attraction in LA. Its a huge city with great weather year round. Were comparing big and sunny Los Angeles to cities where there is nothing else to do but go to a football game. Its just like the Packers situation. The town shuts down during football games because that's all they have.(they have great fans as well). The difference between the places is that when the teams aren't doing great one city has things for the casual fans to do. In these "college towns" casual fans have nothing else to do.
There's plenty to do in Portland... We got like 3,000,000 some people... Half of the people at Autzen drive two hours to get there...
 08-18-2012, 10:42 PM         #191
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No I am arguing that YOUR fans don't care as much. They have no options on what to do.

Again look at high school football in the south. The sh*t isn't a coincidence that these towns have the biggest high school stadiums. The same reason why these colleges where there is no options on what to do have the biggest fan averages.

Your no different then Alabama/texas/Penn State
 5 years ago '04        #192
bouncer900 
space
space
 JFamis said:
all 93,607 were in attendance ....... we had two sellout games last year which were Stanford and UCLA
 5 years ago '09        #193
space
space
 -BigC- said:

Los Angeles is fu*king gigantic. What people do on the weekends is go out. We are never limited by weather. Go to a beach or a park Christmas weekend and see how crowded it is
And there's probably 5 times as many people. And there's only six home games a year. You mean to tell me people are so busy at the beach that a city with 10 million people surrounding it can't make it to six games with a stadium that has less than 100k seats?
 08-18-2012, 10:44 PM         #194
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JFamis said:
There's plenty to do in Portland... We got like 3,000,000 some people... Half of the people at Autzen drive two hours to get there...
Is 2 hours long? Theres places in Los Angeles that take over 2 hours to get to USC It takes me an hour and I'm 20 miles away
 5 years ago '04        #195
space
space
 -BigC- said:

I can tell you haven't spent much time in Portland, because it takes inches of snow to limit people here... That's part of why we're one of the most physically fit cities...

Mountains are packed here on the weekends fall/winter/spring... And we still sell out Autzen, Reeser and the Rose Garden on the same day...
 08-18-2012, 10:45 PM         #196
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look I am tired of repeating it

My argument is that with better weather casual fans won't show up. It is the exact same for places with better weather and big populations. In these places where the only show all year is college football, people who give two fu*ks about college football are going to be attending those games.
 5 years ago '04        #197
space
space
 circleofpurple said:
And there's probably 5 times as many people. And there's only six home games a year. You mean to tell me people are so busy at the beach that a city with 10 million people surrounding it can't make it to six games with a stadium that has less than 100k seats?
What's funny is... All that sh*t is there all year. They even say it themselves... But they can't make six football games 52 weeks out of the year... One of the teams' with one of the greatest histories in college sports.
 5 years ago '07        #198
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,313 | Props total: 8562 8562
This USC-Oregon sh*t is getting out of hand. The meltdown from the losers of this game should be epic.
 08-18-2012, 10:47 PM         #199
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JFamis said:
I can tell you haven't spent much time in Portland, because it takes inches of snow to limit people here... That's part of why we're one of the most physically fit cities...

Mountains are packed here on the weekends fall/winter/spring... And we still sell out Autzen, Reeser and the Rose Garden on the same day...
Actually I have been to Oregon for a bit I have family there. It rained basically everyday for the 3 weeks I was there. My uncle lives across the street from some park in a decent sized city, there were only people out running . This means literally nothing but just saying I have some experience...
 5 years ago '04        #200
bouncer900 
space
space
our LOW numbers would still have Autzen over capacity
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy