Skip Bayless censored on ESPN - for religious rant? (Video)

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
241 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
393 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
14 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
 conscious thug said:
Yes, it's the same fu*king program. If they were trying to censor him, they wouldn't upload it on the damn net. They've had in the past where someone said some sh*t that got some eyebrows raised, and then they went and edited it out before posting online. They've done that several times to Bill Simmons.

So the idea that they're going to edit something during the live show but just say "fu*k it" and upload it on the internet makes ZERO sense.
First off, I work in the cable industry, Comcast, in their second biggest sales/marketing office in the nation which is located in Chicago area. I can tell you the truth, or you can sit here and pretend as if you know more than me regarding this subject.

I'll break it to you as simply as possible. Firstly, ESPN will edit live television because it's easily accessible to the public. Television broadcast are viewed in higher numbers than a podcast that you have to go through a series of links to click to. Here's an example. Do you ever notice when watching a show on a national program like NBC ABC FOX etc.. they'll always say, "to see the unedited version go online" too such and such link.

They will ALWAYS put importance of editing live television over a podcast that doesn't get half the clicks or views that a live t.v programming does. It's that simple and all the other sh*t is irrelevant you just said. Either take the truth for what it is, or go around acting like you know more than what you really do.

75% of Americans don't even know what or even how to get to a damn podcast, but what do you think that percentage is of those same Americans that know what ESPN is on live t.v and how to get too to that channel. Television will ALWAYS be put in higher regard and more urgency to censor, than an online podcast.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-18-2012 at 10:35 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #122
Confidance 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,776 | Props total: 144 144
 beast mode said:

...and there you have it folks.....homie just bodied himself proving it's nothing more that fear based mind control. n*ggaz is scared to death and have to con themselves into believing these fairy tales.
 Pimptillo said:
So basically you're a pus*y who's scared of "going to hell."
 Ms_Krizzi_86 said:

This shows you what religion is made for and the fear tactics they push. In addition, I like how Christians say that but never think that just because you believe in one thing does not mean you are safer than me or anyone else of a so called "Hell" or "Heaven". A belief is just that a belief. No religion has 100% factual evidence thus the reason there are over 200+ different beliefs.

Just because you have faith in your belief that doesn't mean you are safe or right.
Let me make 1 thing perfectly clear to each of you....

I choose to believe in what I choose to believe in because I want to. I enjoy my belief and I would have it no other way.

I said I would respect your disbelief because as an adult I have the right to disagree and hope that one day our opinions line up.

However calling me out to be something over the internet won't phase me at all. Keep pushing.... attention won't be found here. Yall have a blessed day
 5 years ago '04        #123
Ill Fred 
space
space
$2,725 | Props total: 408 408
 SmoothTay said:
Sound like espn didn't want religious view on their network.

So they cut to commercial

Then why do they keep talking about tim tebow and his religious faith and all that.......
 5 years ago '09        #124
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
 beast mode said:
respect???? for what??? for basing you life and life structure on fairy tale then brain washing kids into believing it too and continuing the cycle??? fu*k no. ignorance and lack of common sense is not something i need to respect.
shut the fu*k up dude please. You sound like a fukin bi*ch right now. This dude probably prayed for a unicorn when he was small, and since he didnt get it, decided to become an atheist. I dont give a fu*k about what you beleive in and what you find real or not real. Respect others beleifs and dont be a d!ckhead. You are the kind of piece of sh*t I would not even pray for, in fact, I would pray you get hit by a bus, then ran over by a gravel roller, finally get pissed on by a bum who is HIV positive. God bless and have a nice day f*ggot.
 5 years ago '07        #125
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,350 | Props total: 21323 21323
 imtheman718 said:
:hillwhoa: illuminati changed the title of my thread then inserted a video
 5 years ago '08        #126
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
 WordOnThaStreet said:
you're not making any sense
I'm not sure what you're not understanding here.

You questioned why open mindedness is applied to everything accept the bible, and the answer is because the bible as it is primarily used to day is not to spread knowledge or the teachings or "the word". At least not outside of the church.

The bible is now used mainly as a condemnation tool to point out everyone's sins. Every Religious protest where the bible is brought out or quoted is condemning others; Gay marriage, protest for new mosques or Islamic community centers, or whatever other big story that goes against the word of God may be that week

No one uses the bible in a public setting to preach love and tolerance. Where are the gatherings welcoming gays or other religions since we're all god's children. Maybe I'm wrong but outside of the pulpit, the bible is used as a tool of hate, but I guess it's ok if it's part of God's plan.

As Lupe Fiasco once said, "the books that take you to heaven and let you meet the Lord there, have become misinterpreted, reasons for warfare"

Bible thumpers and Qu'ran pushers are some of the most narrow minded groups of people out there, so when you ask why we can't be more open minded towards the bible, it makes me SMH.
 5 years ago '08        #127
MADIA 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 33 33
after the 1st commercial it goes back to EXACTLY where skip was before the commercial. nothing was cut out. at all. technical difficulties? the first time at least. the 2nd time... i dont know
 5 years ago '04        #128
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
It's ESPN, not Sunday morning on BET. They didn't want Skip ranting and getting ESPN Chic-fil-a'd, makes sense to cut the segment short.
 5 years ago '04        #129
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,683 | Props total: 11339 11339
i gotta make it to heaven for going through hell..

5 years ago '05        #130
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Spiffy said:
shut the fu*k up dude please. You sound like a fukin bi*ch right now. This dude probably prayed for a unicorn when he was small, and since he didnt get it, decided to become an atheist. I dont give a fu*k about what you beleive in and what you find real or not real. Respect others beleifs and dont be a d!ckhead. You are the kind of piece of sh*t I would not even pray for, in fact, I would pray you get hit by a bus, then ran over by a gravel roller, finally get pissed on by a bum who is HIV positive. God bless and have a nice day f*ggot.
If someone told you that they think they can fly, would you respect their belief, or call them an idiot?
 08-18-2012, 07:26 PM         #131
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
First off, I work in the cable industry, Comcast, in their second biggest sales/marketing office in the nation which is located in Chicago area. I can tell you the truth, or you can sit here and pretend as if you know more than me regarding this subject.

I'll break it to you as simply as possible. Firstly, ESPN will edit live television because it's easily accessible to the public. Television broadcast are viewed in higher numbers than a podcast that you have to go through a series of links to click to. Here's an example. Do you ever notice when watching a show on a national program like NBC ABC FOX etc.. they'll always say, "to see the unedited version go online" too such and such link.

They will ALWAYS put importance of editing live television over a podcast that doesn't get half the clicks or views that a live t.v programming does. It's that simple and all the other sh*t is irrelevant you just said. Either take the truth for what it is, or go around acting like you know more than what you really do.

75% of Americans don't even know what or even how to get to a damn podcast, but what do you think that percentage is of those same Americans that know what ESPN is on live t.v and how to get too to that channel. Television will ALWAYS be put in higher regard and more urgency to censor, than an online podcast.
Alright, man, whatever you say. It's so offensive they're editing it out of live TV (which it's really a production glitch, get real here) and yet they'll leave it fine for the internet.

That show gets GOD AWFUL ratings that on any other network it would have been sh*t canned. I have no idea how it can have such bad ratings and be such a media magnet when it comes to these sports blogs and whatnot.

Of course the Nielson ratings are a joke anyway and don't truly represent the # of people watching, so...who knows what the real #'s would be.

I get what you're saying about more people would be watching live then online, but the numbers for live aren't that good to begin with. I just don't see the logic in editing it out of one but not the other, ESPECIALLY in this day and age of online where everything goes viral it seems.

You have WAY too little faith in how people use the internet to think that most people don't know how to get podcasts, etc.
 08-18-2012, 07:52 PM         #132
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kuffy 187 said:
The world is wild.. the f!ght so hard to keep people from knowing christ ... thats what it comes down to honestly

[pic - click to view]

U have church and the bible if u really wanted to get to kno christ. Dnt need sports for that
 5 years ago '09        #133
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,015 | Props total: 7801 7801
 thatruest said:
Not even close, some people are just as*holes about their beliefs. Same goes with Athiests & Humanists. All people are different. Some represent things better than others. I'd expect someone as smart as you are to be understanding of this...

I think you're a very bright poster & I agree with you much more than I do not, but I needed to chime in on this one.
I posted FACTS as far as belief systems goes. All I said that it is FACTS why there are more religions because no one has proven objectively with evidence they are correct and that religion is used to control the masses. I respect people's beliefs. I was just saying. He has 0 facts that he is right and all is wrong. Don't even know what angle are you coming from in replying to me . Most religious people can dish it out but can't take it. I am not a Atheist nor am I into religion or religious.
 5 years ago '06        #134
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
 Ms_Krizzi_86 said:
Most religious people can dish it out but can't take it. I am not a Atheist nor am I into religion or religious.
your right they can dish it out like nash but you dare counter what they spew and your lost and wrong no matter what and if they can't find a reason god said so lol
 09-16-2012, 02:49 PM         #135
Dark Bunny Lord 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spiffy said:
Or how about the bible is a bunch of baseless claims made by ignorant superstitious marauding genocide rapists? (Check out Dueteronomy sometime, God is so loving he commanded mass murder and r*pe repeatedly).
That said why someone disbelieves a tale so absurd that anyone with even remote common sense should be able to see through is not relevant. I'll agree, the poster could have been a bit more tolerant but respectful? fu*k no. Why on earth would any non-Christian respect Christianity? This is a religion that says people that aren't Christian (and hell even some other sects of Christianity) deserve to be burned and tortured for eternity simply for believing differently.
The bible has been used to support r*pe, slavery, murder, witch burnings, inequality between s3xes and races time and time again.

So while I will certainly tolerate your right to believe whatever silly nonsense you want to believe, I, and most other secularists have absolutely no reason to "respect" it.

Oh and just for sh*ts and giggles, those of you that like to pray in public like good old Tebow here might want to check out Matthew 6:5 where your own damn "savior" (though the fact that he's saving you from his own wrath seems to make no sense) condemns you for it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy