OFFICIAL Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 14 - The FCC just killed net neutrality
77 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #1221
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,306 | Props total: 7963 7963
jax trying to be intelligent as a bike boss??

in real life, if a boss of a bike gang found out someone k!lled multiple members, attempted to have his wife k!lled, beat the pulp out of your mother, k!lled your father, and basically bring chaos to the club he would have that dude mopped out without having to explain with "evidence" to the other members

jax is not built to be a leader of a bike gang, not cold enough, he doesnt deserve to sit at the head of the table, clay on the other hand is exactly what i picture a leader of a biker gang to be, cold and straight to the point

plus unlike clay, jax is working with the feds and has become the errand boy for a black gang
 5 years ago '07        #1222
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 TheMagicMan said:
If Jax doesn't die at the end of this, this show is a failure, point blank period. No way he pulls on this many strings and one of them doesn't end him.

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and some of the sh*t that goes on, but when the show hits a finale, Jax needs to be dead. It's the only way any of this sh*t makes sense.
fu*k that...if CLAY doesn't get a bullet at the end of this season i'm knocking the show down two notches
 5 years ago '07        #1223
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:

in real life, if a boss of a bike gang found out someone k!lled multiple members, attempted to have his wife k!lled, beat the pulp out of your mother, k!lled your father, and basically bring chaos to the club he would have that dude mopped out without having to explain with "evidence" to the other members

jax is not built to be a leader of a bike gang, not cold enough, he doesnt deserve to sit at the head of the table, clay on the other hand is exactly what i picture a leader of a biker gang to be, cold and straight to the point

plus unlike clay, jax is working with the feds and has become the errand boy for a black gang
 5 years ago '09        #1224
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
fu*k that...if CLAY doesn't get a bullet at the end of this season i'm knocking the show down two notches
if clay dies it wont be at the hands of jax's pus*y a.ss, probably Tara, it seems she got more balls then jax these days, she knocks someone out every episode

thats also unbelievable how she just turned to a badass overnight, hope someone brings her down to earth with a knuckle sandwich
 5 years ago '07        #1225
space
space
yeah tara is starting to be annoying...she bad mouths gemma about smoking weed but every week they show her lighting up
 5 years ago '09        #1226
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
yeah tara is starting to be annoying...she bad mouths gemma about smoking weed but every week they show her lighting up
yeah, bi*ch thinks just because she's jax old lady that somehow she has inherited some streetness, sh*t is annoying, hope clay smacks her bi*ch a.ss up

im rooting for clay, one of the few people with balls on this show plus he's calculating......clay does whatever the fukk he wants
 5 years ago '11        #1227
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8482 8482
 Cheeze said:
He should die if this is heavily influenced by Hamlet like Sutter says it is
 kingkolby said:
sutter himself said only the first episode is influenced by hamlet

Is this show a modern retelling of Hamlet?

No it is not. Writer and creator Kurt Sutter has stated time and time again that the Pilot episode was partially structured after Hamlet. The reason being that it was easy to pitch to the network to give them a rough idea of what the plotline would be. However, Sutter has said the only real elements of Hamlet are that John Teller (the king) was murdered by his Vice President and best friend (brother) and took the throne and the queen for himself. While becoming a father figure to Jax (the prince/Hamlet). Aside from that aspect, the show has little to no similarities to Hamlet. More recently, Sutter said The Hamlet archetypes will definitely influence the show, and Ive talked about that quite a bit, but the show itself is not directly based on that narrative. But I think some of the archetypes are there, some of the relationships are there, and as the seasons progress you will see some parallels in terms of story and character arcs (as they) continue to play out. There is that awareness.

You got owned. Go sit down somewhere with that Hamlet sh*t and don't quote me about it again. kthnx
 5 years ago '09        #1228
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,418 | Props total: 12358 12358
 Pistol Peter said:
Difference being Tara's smoking is always in a controlled environment and has never affected her or her children. When Peg's reckless a.ss gets high or drunk something bad always happens.

But, you may be on to something for a future episode. Jax hated his first baby moms because she got high, hates his mother now because she gets reckless and high causing problems all while Tara quietly does her thing. I have a feeling they will bring it all full circle and it gets Able back to his mom in some capacity or it drives a wedge between Jax and Tara
 11-04-2012, 04:16 PM         #1229
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PotheadFocker said:
You got owned. Go sit down somewhere with that Hamlet sh*t and don't quote me about it again. kthnx
2- It is loosely based on Hamlet
That’s right: SOA’s writers trick viewers into learning Shakespeare. SOA's creator, Kurt Sutter, has said, “I don't want to overplay that but it's there. It's not a version of Hamlet but it's definitely influenced by it.” Clay (Ron Perlman) is based on the role of King Claudius, who murdered his own brother (Hamlet’s father) to win the throne and marry Queen Gertrude (Hamlet’s mother). Clay marries Gemma (Katey Sagal), the Gertrude figure, and gains control of The Sons of Anarchy, which her dead husband used to run. Jax is Hamlet. His confusion over the SOA lifestyle is like Hamlet's melancholy about the kingdom. While Jax communicates with his father by reading his journal, Hamlet literally speaks with the ghost of his father. Ron Perlman said in an interview, “I'm sure they’re going to stick to the structure of Hamlet all the way to the end” of the series.

Read more:
getting sonned by me in 2 threads thats a scary sight

5 years ago '11        #1230
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8482 8482
 Cheeze said:
getting sonned by me in 2 threads thats a scary sight

that sh*t in the SC was wack, you ain't even came close to Sonning me
 5 years ago '11        #1231
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
 Jacc Blacc said:

have you even been watching the show?! what a dumbass comment
 5 years ago '12        #1232
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,819 | Props total: 1736 1736
It's fu*k the elections for atleast an hour tonight my brothers

Cant wait to see this fu*k n*gga Frankie k!lled
 5 years ago '07        #1233
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,001 | Props total: 1376 1376
Jax ain't dying, dont see them doing that at all.
 5 years ago '07        #1234
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,788 | Props total: 14594 14594
 Cheeze said:
He should die if this is heavily influenced by Hamlet like Sutter says it is
Yea, its "loosely" based on Hamlet but recently (someone posted the article on here) Sutter said Jax wasn't going to die in the series.
 5 years ago '09        #1235
OGBIGBOY 9 heat pts
space
space
$745 | Props total: 5 5
Your time is up Mr. Diamonds
 5 years ago '04        #1236
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,924 | Props total: 4285 4285
Lets do it.
 5 years ago '12        #1237
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
 OGBIGBOY said:
Your time is up Mr. Diamonds
 C.R.I.P. said:
Lets do it.
 5 years ago '04        #1238
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,924 | Props total: 4285 4285
juice has pretty much become Clay's aide.
 5 years ago '12        #1239
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
juice has pretty much become Clay's aide.
Jax might have to off both of em
 5 years ago '12        #1240
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
And it begins
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy