OFFICIAL Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
SM 38189 heat pts38189 OP
space
space
$127,972 | Props total: 67553 67553
kurt sutter ‏@sutterink
remember to adjust your DVRs. it's 90 minutes. SOVEREIGN.

I asked Sutter if Jax's half sister was ever gonna come back, I remember last year them talking about bringing in a female biker...thought it might of been her.
 5 years ago '06        #62
space
space

[pic - click to view]

By Teny Rebecca Akay
September 11, 2012 12:00 PM ET

Zap2it chatted with the "Sons of Anarchy" actor at the Boot Campaign's Ride and Rally (Aug. 26) as Coates warns of Tig's big mistake.

He says, "I'm off the leash now. I have no loyalties except to the club. Charlie's the president now. Perlman's lying to me like crazy..."

Coates continues, "Tig's confused and upset, and he made a big mistake k!lling that gal at the end of last season."

Not only is the club left dealing with the backlash of Tig's actions, but they're left making sense of their new roles within the club.

With Jax as their new leader, the Sons' positions have been switched around as Tig is no longer the president's right hand man.

Will there be any tension between Tig and Chibs now that the latter has taken the former's place? Not a chance.

"I'll tell ya, I ripped off the badge myself, and I'm glad that Chibby picked up the pieces. Good for him. Go, take care of Charlie. It's fantastic!" a.ssures Coates.

Tommy Flanagan, who portrays Chibs, chimes in on their onscreen relationship as well, stating: "We're still brothers. Can't get away from that. He's my brother, and I love him. Tig's still a huge part of it. He's just doing his own other things."

While it's going to be an even more testing season for the Sons, watch out for the havoc wreaked by Tig.

Don't miss the return of "Sons of Anarchy" on FX, Sept. 11 at 10 p.m. Coates tells us, "It's gonna knock your socks off!"

Photo/Video credit: Boot Campaign

5 years ago '06        #63
space
space
so how do you all think this seasons gunna start out??
 5 years ago '06        #64
space
space

[pic - click to view]

By April MacIntyre Sep 11, 2012, 14:59 GMT

Katey Sagal\'s character Gemma is the matriarch and resident SAMCRO Svengali with s3x appeal who has redefined s3xuality for women 50 and older, and blazed a memorable female character unequaled on the smallscreen.

Spoiler free zone - Tune in tonight, Sept. 11 on FX

Years ago, I wrote that showrunner Kurt Sutter knew his wife's acting capabilities, and wrote her a gift of a lifetime, the role of Gemma Teller Morrow.

Katey Sagal's character Gemma is the matriarch and resident SAMCRO Svengali with s3x appeal who has redefined the alluring charms of women 50 and older, and blazed a memorable female character unequaled on the smallscreen.

Gemma is hot, and her s3xual energy burns her brighter than ever this season, perfectly paired with Jimmy Smits character Nero Padilla - no spring chicken himself - who is drawn to her like a moth to her flame. There's chemistry there.

Mama is back tonight, and her stamp and sway on son Jax trumps wife Tara (Maggie Sif) still as tonight's premiere of ‘Sons of Anarchy’ reveals for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Pray for Tig (Kim Coates).

Sutter’s epic tale of an outlaw California motorcycle club launches its fifth season Tuesday with double the heat from the season previous, and it burns us so very badly tonight in what I can only describe as a gut punch from Hell.

As many of you already know, club leader Clay Morrow (Ron Perlman) is a sickly broken man, love has left him and he waits, and tries to do what he does best, manipulate the truth.

Tara (Maggie Siff), the wife of his son Jax (Charlie Hunnam) is seething, sorrowful and seeking her place in the female hierarchy. Siff's Tara is complex and cryptic, and she has never looked better.

Jax (Charlie Hunnam) continues to be the young male epicenter of this potboiler, his acting has been honed like a diamond, and he can eat up the scenes as he balances the truth he knows from the club politics he must manage.

Sutter and the cast were at the TCA's this summer, and he spoke of his gift of knowing the end of days from FX, a season 6 and 7 to wrap up this bloody epic and that he is writing towards a climatic end to what we have come to know and love - family, fidelity and fu*ked-up incomprehensible sh*t that has left a mark on us all.

Hard act to follow, but the ride has been rollicking fun.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #65
space
space
It's around the fifth season where some dramas begin to show their age, for better or worse. Sons of Anarchy is no exception there, but fortunately, this series is aging well, following up on a strong fourth season with a couple of truly intense episodes to get things going for Season 5.

No major spoilers from Season 5 are mentioned in this review. However, there are some vague mentions, so read on with that in mind.

Created by Kurt Sutter, Sons of Anarchy is at its best when it finds a balance between the dark, gritty world of the outlaw biker gang and the emotional human drama of a family. SAMCRO is a family. They work together, they ride together, they f!ght, they push each other away, they love each other, they lie to each other, they rely to each other, and most of the time, they stick together.

Things didn't leave off in the best place for some of the gang at the end of Season 4. Clay (Ron Perlman) was on the outs with Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and Gemma (Katey Sagal). Opie (Ryan Hurst) was ready to walk away from the whole club after what happened to Piney, and put at least one bullet in Clay in repayment for the man's involvement in his father's death. Meanwhile, the dominoes kept on falling as Tig - believing Clay was gunned down by the Niners and Laroy - tried to run down Laroy and ended up k!lling the woman he was dining with, whom we later learned was the daughter of a dangerous gangster.

Season 5 picks up with things moving forward, for better or worse. Clay's attempting to recover after being shot. He can't ride, and he's not living at home anymore. He's definitely showing his age, but I can't help but wonder if he's playing that up while he waits until he's strong enough to strike back. Meanwhile, Gemma is doing her own thing, to put it mildly, and trying to keep a fair amount of distance between herself and Clay. Jax is trying to lead the club and keep the business-end running. Tara's hand is still in a cast and she seems frustrated at home, and with her situation at work, which has obviously changed drastically since she doesn't have the use of her hand.

Season 5's new players tie into some of the more interesting events in the first two episodes. The first is Jimmy Smits' Nero, a confident man with what appears to be a healthy business, and an interest in Gemma. From the first couple of episodes, it's hard to know if Nero is going to be a good guy or a bad guy, but from his interactions with Gemma and later, Jax, he's clearly inching his way into their lives, and I'm eager to see where his story goes. Harold Perrineau's Damon Pope is also introduced in the first episode of the season, and there's no question as to which side of the line he falls, at least, from the club's perspective. Pope is a drug kingpin and the father of Veronica Pope, the girl Tig k!lled when he was targeting Laroy. Naturally displeased over what's happened to his daughter, Pope shows up with vengeance in mind. As I'm well familiar with Perrineau from shows like Lost and Oz, I'm not sure I would've pictured him playing a kingpin-type, but he pulls it off, delivering a performance that's confident and just the right amount of intimidating.

If the Season 5 opener is any indication, we're in for an intense and exciting ride this year. The first episode ("Sovereign") begins with some brow-raising moments and only escalates from there, packing a major punch as we're drawn back into the series. Episode 2 ("Authority Vested") eases off the gas just enough to let us breath. For a series with so much drama, crime and mayhem, Sons doesn't wallow in its misery. There's room to smile and even to laugh, somehow. The first couple of episodes of Season 5 offer a good balance of that, while also serving as an introduction to what's already shaping up to be a really great season.

Sons of Anarchy Season 5 premieres Tuesday, September 11 at 10:00 p.m. ET on FX.

5 years ago '06        #67
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #68
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Sep 11 2012 12:01 AM ET
by Dalton Ross

Somehow, someway, Clay survived season 4 of Sons of Anarchy. But does that mean the former SAMCRO prez is now in the clear, or are his days still numbered? Mandi Bierly and I discuss that and more as we preview Sons of Anarchy’s upcoming season 5 on the latest edition of the InsideTV Podcast.

What can we expect from the new additions of Jimmy Smits and Harold Perrineau? What is Gemma’s next move? And how will Jax react to being at the head of the table? We’ve seen the first two episodes and will provide our thoughts and teases as for what to expect. Just click on the audio player icon below to hear Mandi and me break it down. (The Sons of Anarchy discussion begins at 14 minutes in.)

But first, Dan Snierson and Melissa Maerz stop by to discuss and debate the Breaking Bad 2012 finale. Is Walt’s cancer back? Is Jesse really out? And should we be rooting for Heisenberg at this point, or against him? We answer all that and present theories as to how the whole thing may end. Plus, Annie Barrett calls in preview the new (and hopefully improved) X Factor. Will the addition of Britney Spears and Demi Lovato make the show watchable? Is it worth giving The X Factor another shot? (The X Factor chat starts at 26:00.)

5 years ago '06        #69
space
space
'Sons of Anarchy' Season 5: Harold Perrineau says there's 'not a lot of difference' between him and drug kingpin Damon Pope

[pic - click to view]

Zap2it: In the new season of FX's "Sons of Anarchy," premiering Tuesday, Sept. 11, you play Damon Pope, a former drug kingpin whose daughter died at the hands of biker gang member Tig (Kim Coates). What did you think when you first got the role?

Harold Perrineau: I was a little concerned about myself. I was like, "Can I pull it off?'' And then I thought about it a little bit more, and I think it's the thing I pulled off in my life, if I consider my background, and then the person you see here today. There's not a lot of difference internally between that character and Damon Pope's character.

Zap2it: Could you explain that a bit more?

Harold Perrineau: My mom passed away a couple of years ago, and one of my cousins said to me, "I'm just so glad you made it. I was really scared that you would die before you ever became a teenager. I just didn't think you were going to make it." Not because she actually didn't think I was tough enough to make it. There were really extreme circumstances, and you have to be able to think creatively, be really smart, be agile, be broken, be strong, all those things. And I think all those things are exactly the same thing that Damon Pope had to, has to, deal with. So it's just me, an actor, looking for a way into the character that feels real for me. So that's really all I was talking about.

5 years ago '06        #70
space
space
When "Sons of Anarchy" returns for its fifth season on Tuesday (September 11), SAMCRO loyalists fill find their familiar club riding through dark, unfamiliar territory. Star Ron Perlman has one big piece of advice for the folks at home: buckle your seatbelts and hold onto your butts.

"I'm now a little better than halfway through [filming on] season five, and I can tell you, get ready man," Perlman told MTV News about what to expect in season five of the FX biker drama. "Anything you think you might have known about this world? All the rules have changed."

Few can attest to the changing tides in Charming, California, better than Perlman. The "Hellboy" actor stars on the show as Clay Morrow, a founding member and longtime president of the Sons of Anarchy Motor Club, Redwood Original, who barely escaped season four with his life. After k!lling a fellow club member, savagely beating his wife and nearly dying at the hands of his son-in-law Jax (who finally learned that Clay was responsible for his father's death several years earlier), there's virtually no reason that Clay should still be alive — which is why Perlman is so thankful for series creator Kurt Sutter.

"I survived through the miracle of writing. I only survived because Kurt wrote it that way," Perlman said with a laugh. "Season four was a series of dastardly deeds on the part of Clay Morrow, even more dastardly than I, who had played him for three years, was prepared for. If you had asked me three or four episodes from the end if I thought Clay would make it, I would have said no. Somehow, Kurt Sutter, our genius creator, felt it was more interesting to keep him alive and see what the aftermath of these reveals would yield theatrically."

In the wake of those events, Perlman has discovered an even deadlier side to Clay, if you can believe it. The man has lost the love of his life, the respect of his son-in-law, and his status as President of SAMCRO. But he still has one thing: his life.

"As long as Clay has life, he has all the rest of that stuff: ambition, a refusal to lose, and a need to be the alpha male," said Perlman. "Season five is characterized by that struggle, of him being something less than the alpha male, and seeing how that sits with him — and it ain't pretty."

Perlman is as surprised as anyone that the series' central mystery — the circumstances surrounding Clay k!lling Jax's father so many years ago — came to light in the fourth season, considering Sutter's previously expressed hopes for "Sons" to last as many as seven seasons. To hear Perlman tell it, exposing Clay's big secret to Jax at the midpoint of the series opened the door for "way more interesting stories" than he "ever gave [Sutter] credit for."

"I'm now officially a very, very curious passenger on this bus. I have no idea where it all winds up, but it has to end at some point," said Perlman. "It keeps you on your toes. It makes for some very uncomfortable moments this year, because you get used to a certain paradigm of reality, and when all of those things have flown out the window and have been undermined by other realities you didn't know were possible, then you're constantly in unfamiliar territory — and that can be very uncomfortable, watching everybody maneuver their way through season five."

The fifth season of FX's "Sons of Anarchy" premieres on Tuesday (September 11) at 10 p.m. ET.

5 years ago '06        #71
space
space
cant wait until tonight!!
 5 years ago '06        #72
space
space
I think Opie's story line is gonna play out like you said early in the season. Gemma twisted the truth on many levels last season with what was in the letters. She told Tara that she didn't know what happened to JT and said all she knew was that he went out like bikers should...on a bike ( leaving out the fact that his bike was messed with before hand ).
 5 years ago '06        #73
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Tuesday, 11 September 2012 09:25
Written by Rob Owen

It probably shouldn't bother me as much as it did, but there's a scene in tonight's 90-minute "Sons of Anarchy" (10 p.m., FX) season premiere that's so horrific, it might lead me to abandon the series.

Read more after the jump. ...

That's not meant as a knock on the show -- and I'm not sure I'll really quit it -- but this particular piece of violence is really upsetting. Not that we haven't seen anything just as terrible in the past. But because this instance of horrific violence involves a critical loss for a series regular, it feels worse than if it had happened to a random Red Shirt character.

[pic - click to view]

sons_rightOtherwise, the season premiere is a typically strong episode that advances the story with Clay (Ron Perlman) making a surprising announcement to his fellow motorcycle gang members, an attack on a friend of the Sons and Tara (Maggie Siff) looking more and more than ever like Gemma (Katey Sagal), an intentional choice on the part of the show's producers, I'm sure.

Last season Jax (Charlie Hunnam, right) learned the truth about Clay's involvement in his father's death and that revelation hangs heavy over the new season.

In addition, Gemma finds a new bedmate (Jimmy Smits, "NYPD Blue").

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #74
space
space

[pic - click to view]

By: Todd Spangler 2012-09-10 22:59:00

FX Networks' relaunched second-screen apps for Sons of Anarchy's fifth season put a bourgeois glitter on the show's story arc about a criminal motorcycle club.

With the free apps, which FX is promoting for the fifth season premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 11, SOA fans can sync with the show in real time or use the season four Blu-ray Disc-and, perhaps just as critical for FX, shop for hundreds of items rlated to the show.

"We are excited to offer SOA fans a place where they can not only engage further with the show but also find the merchandise they want in an interactive and entertaining environment," said Eric Schrier, head of series development for FX and executive VP of FX Productions.

The SOA app, available for Apple iOS or Android devices, has been downloaded more than 425,000 times since its release. It was developed for FX and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment by Burbank, Calif.-based Magic Ruby, the former MediaEcho division of Technicolor that officially spun out as an independent company in July.

The Magic Ruby development team created the previous version of the app for Season 4 and the Blu-ray release of Season 3. According to FX and Magic Ruby, the app tripled sales of Sons of Anarchy merchandise and related products within its first month of release.

The most popular items purchased through the app have been the SAMCRO hoodie (which stands for Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original) for $49.95, along with the Lois Hill saddle ring ($188) worn by Gemma (played by Katey Sagal); and the Original KD's 2120 sunglasses ($10) worn by Jax (Charlie Hunnam).

Other show-related merchandise on offer includes a fleece highway jacket ($269.99), a leather women's jacket ($399.95), a 2013 wall calendar ($13.99), table lamp ($64.95), T-shirts ($26.95) -- and an infant bodysuit ($21.95).

The app's e-commerce order processing is handled by San Francisco-based Delivery Agent. CEO Mike Fitzsimmons said that mobile apps are becoming a larger piece of TV-related shopping, on track to represent more than 20% of the company's revenue for 2012.

The new Sons of Anarchy apps feature "Perspective," a 360-degree view of the SOA clubhouse that lets users navigate using a device's gyroscope or swipe mode. Another feature is a "social heat map" that monitors, compiles and displays show-related viewer tweets on the second screen in real time, and lets users search full episodes to find which scenes generated peak Twitter activity.

FX will add new content to the apps as the season progresses, including access to alternate scenes, along with character bios, trivia, production stills and storyboards.

"This app gives [Sons of Anarchy fans] everything they've been asking for: amazing high-def graphics, new Season 5 content, features from previous seasons and access to all our cool SOA merch," show creator Kurt Sutter said in a statement.

Sutter added: "And it's free, bi*ches."

5 years ago '06        #75
space
space
fu*k yeah, going out right now to stock up on drink and coming back to re-watch season 4. I am psyched to see this Marquis Pope character and how he's gonna deal with Leroy after what happened to his wife while she was out with Leroy.
 5 years ago '06        #76
space
space
4hrs and 45 mins Detroit time. I wanna see Chibbs "put 2 in the back of his head " speaking of Juice's bi*ch a.ss.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #77
space
space
Cant wait for Ashley Tisdale

[pic - click to view]

09-11-2012, 04:53 PM         #79
KRiSH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why the fu*k are you talking to yourself in here!
 5 years ago '06        #80
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,613 | Props total: 8918 8918
 KRiSH said:
why the fu*k are you talking to yourself in here!
hes not hes just keeping people up to date. people like me actually come here and read sh*t but just dont comment
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy