OFFICIAL Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #541
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter On Last Night’s Character death
Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 at 12:00pm

We’re only three episodes into the fifth season of FX’s Sons of Anarchy, and already we’ve lost one of the most beloved members of SAMCRO. If you missed last night’s episode “Laying Pipe,” steer clear of the Internet in general (and especially this article) if you want to avoid spoilers.

With that out of the way, it was tough to say goodbye to someone who’s been one of the most sympathetic characters over drama’s entire run.

Opie (played by Ryan Hurst) has been murdered, beaten to death in prison to protect the life of his best friend and SAMCRO president Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam). Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter held a conference call with journalists this morning to discuss perhaps the most influential death in the history of his series, and what it means for the future of the show.

“The death of Opie will color the rest of the episodes for the rest of the series,” he said. “It’s not a death that will happen in vain, and I would hope that people still stay plugged in. Of course there will be a sense of vengeance and there will be something that drives our guys to retaliate, it’s not so much that as it is the emotional impact his death will have on the rest of the series and the rest of the characters.”

Sutter emphasized he wanted Opie’s death to happen now so it will be “organic,” versus building hyping it for the premiere or finale of a season. By losing Opie now in such a tragic way — the character actively sacrificed himself to prevent Jax, Chibs or Tig from having to be k!lled off to satisfy Damon Pope’s (Harold Perrineau) need for vengeance — Sutter wanted to show there’s going to be a whole new Jax Teller on Sons of Anarchy.

“Jax I think needed this emotional upheaval,” Sutter said. “This is the season where Jax — my sense of it is — Jax really figures out what kind of man he’s going to become and what kind of leader he’s going to be, and I feel like wanting to lay these circumstances out early in the season really allows this death to color all the decisions Jax is going to make [for the rest of the series].”

If Jax had his way, he would have been the man who died in the f!ght. Sutter confirmed that Opie knew that, which was why he sacrificed himself instead.

“I think he put it together when they were in that prison cell together when Jax told him the truth about what Pope wanted,” Sutter said of the moment Opie knew he would be the one to die. “Opie knows Jax well enough to know that he would rather take the bullet himself to say, ‘Here, take this guy.’ … Rather than put Jax through that agony, he [sacrificed himself].”

Hurst has known for a while that his character was on his way out. Sutter said he realized in Season 3 that Opie would have to die so that his death would influence Jax to be a better — or at least different — leader. Although the death scene was one of the more brutal moments of the series, Sutter said he felt this scene allowed Opie to die a way that honored his character. In other words, his death wasn’t a suicide and was instead what he considered the best service to his club and his family.

“I wanted Opie to go out a warrior. I wanted him to go out with a sense of nobility,” Sutter said. “I felt like we were able to do all that with [his death].”

He added that he felt Jax and Opie had at last resolved their issues and were again brothers.

“I felt like there was a very organic process in the episode where we see these two guys — it was a bumpy road, but there was a sense of Jax being honest with him and telling him everything and really bonding with him as a result of these circumstances,” he said.

At least fans can breathe a little easier from here on out. Instead of Opie’s early death being a sign that Season 5 is going to continue to spiral out of control, Sutter made it clear that Sons of Anarchy won’t get any crazier in the finale than the show already is.

“I don’t know if things will get more insane. I think they will be influenced — Jax will be greatly influenced — by the death of Opie and that loss, that emptiness, will color him,” Sutter said, adding, “This is really the first season where I’ve had to think about the end game.”

Looking forward, we will see Pope take on a “weird” mentorship role (don’t worry, it’s not one in “the classic sense of the word”), there will be some ebbing and flowing — Sutter’s words — in the relationship between Jax and Clay (Ron Perlman), and Juice’s big secret from Season 4 will come back after seemingly being buried.

“I’m very aware of the level of violence and the bigness of our stories, and I think one of the things that keeps them real is they don’t happen in a vacuum,” Sutter said. “I don’t play out a huge scene or a huge arc and then just let it exist and not tie it to the ground.”

He teases, “Halfway through the season we really get into who Pope is and why he’s made the decisions that he’s made,” adding that it’s intriguing to find out how Pope became a welcome member of his community.

Sutter also added that, while Sons of Anarchy only has seven seasons planned, he believes FX will give him more time if he decides in the future that he needs it.

Sons of Anarchy airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.
 5 years ago '07        #542
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 LowaEastSide5 said:
why would tara want to talk to otto?

someone explain plz
she want that caged up prison d!ck
 5 years ago '07        #543
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,001 | Props total: 1376 1376
 LowaEastSide5 said:

someone explain plz
a.ssuming Jax told her to tell/do something.
 09-26-2012, 10:01 PM         #544
mayday20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Okay one thing I cannot seem to find an answer to...Was that Juice lying on the ground bleeding at Jimmy Smits' brothel when the police raided it? It looked like him to me and that he had gotten shot..
 5 years ago '04        #545
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 LowaEastSide5 said:

someone explain plz
Maybe a reach here...but what if she is going to inject him with that sh*t she gave Jax to k!ll Clay and not leave any traces/evidence? Didn't she say it would have just looked like a heart attack or something? They know Otto gave Bobby up, maybe using her medical credentials is the only way to get to him? Who knows if she's even going to talk with him, but what would talking do anyway? He's already made his statement and gave up Bobby, he can't retract it now on some, "I was just kidding" sh*t.

I know, I know.....

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #546
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
anyone see the name of the last ep. laying pipe

RIP
 5 years ago '06        #547
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,297 | Props total: 18214 18214
 mayday20 said:
Okay one thing I cannot seem to find an answer to...Was that Juice lying on the ground bleeding at Jimmy Smits' brothel when the police raided it? It looked like him to me and that he had gotten shot..
nah it wasn't him
 5 years ago '10        #548
Liban 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,960 | Props total: 123 123
Only thing that ruins the whole series is Tara. Why she have to be so fu*king ugly? I can't even stare at the screen when her scenes are playing.
 5 years ago '04        #549
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,047 | Props total: 33803 33803
 NoTitleSince73 said:
anyone see the name of the last ep. laying pipe

RIP
When I first saw the name of the episode on my channel guide I thought it would be a reference to someone at Nero's wh0ore house...

Not what happened to my man Opie.
 5 years ago '06        #550
SM 38189 heat pts38189 OP
space
space
$127,972 | Props total: 67545 67545
 Liban said:
Only thing that ruins the whole series is Tara. Why she have to be so fu*king ugly? I can't even stare at the screen when her scenes are playing.
really though? shes not THAT bad
 5 years ago '10        #551
bernadoobie 
space
space
$11,697 | Props total: 555 555
 mayday20 said:
Yeah it was. I get the feeling they downplayed it just to lead into the next episode...
 5 years ago '10        #552
Liban 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,960 | Props total: 123 123
 bernadoobie said:
Yeah it was. I get the feeling they downplayed it just to lead into the next episode...
No he is not Juice. He is one of Jimmy Smits boys.
 5 years ago '04        #553
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,323 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Pistol Peter said:

i pledge allegiance to damon pope
Me too
 5 years ago '06        #554
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,297 | Props total: 18214 18214
if this show is based on Hamlet then yeah......
 5 years ago '04        #555
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
Damon Pope aka Mr. Dont Play >>> you
 5 years ago '05        #556
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,160 | Props total: 18430 18430
 mayday20 said:
Cleary not Juice..he's darker & u can't miss his haircut/head tats
 5 years ago '04        #557
R.O.B 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$650 | Props total: 111 111
Aint no way that's Juice....no skull tats....

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #558
bernadoobie 
space
space
$11,697 | Props total: 555 555
sh*t. I thought it was.
 5 years ago '07        #559
makaveli_420 
space
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 855 855
Now that Jax let all his secrets out to Opie, he should be a much stronger leader with a clear mind. All that stuff died with Op..
 5 years ago '07        #560
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
this show is so far out there. the last season was alright, but the reality of the show is so unbeliveable. Its just getting to fu*king unrealistic for me.

the whole CIA/cartel thing was

and now were supposed to belive this dude Pope can just pay off a warden to have a guy murdered

these guys are always getting away with murder/shootings, i mean besides their most recent shootout on the highway how many other times did they have gunf!ghts in broad day light where no one got k!lled but the opposing guys?

at least on The Sopranos and The Wire the crimes were believable.

Like i said ive watched this sh*t from day one but its just getting really tough with how fake the show is

oh yea Opie
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy