OFFICIAL Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #501
JBAL NY 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,563 | Props total: 1786 1786
 bernadoobie said:
...and THIS would be the part where I lost all grip on reality.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #502
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
bodies getting dropped something serious these past 2 seasons of my favorite shows, ned stark, jimmie, piney, oppie, mike. And it ain't gonna stop.....watch when season 3 of game of thrones startup. Best characters stay getting murked
 5 years ago '09        #503
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
Whats with all this sensitive crying bullsh*t in here? They said somebody we were attached to would die so I knew the sh*t was coming just not who. Once the episode started I had a feeling and the moment Jax ran down the stories I knew exactly who it would be.

Ope had nothing else to live for because he was never going to be able to be a real dad to his kids or love anything as he told the pr0n chick in the last episode. I loved the episode myself and can't wait for what is next. Actually, I know of a couple of things but I dont believe in spoiling sh*t.

My only complaint from tonight's show is they could have let Opie go out after more f!ghting. Maybe they should have let the f!ght scene go on for a while as he held his own then three or four scenes later in the show let him be k!lled.
 5 years ago '09        #504
space
space
Jax is going to fu*k the CO up
 5 years ago '09        #505
space
space
Clay is k!lling n*ggas off left and right out chea. He k!lled, JT, threw my mans off the building in Ireland, Opie's ol lady, Opie's pops, Tigs daughter and then Opie. I wonder who else he is gonna k!ll.
 5 years ago '06        #506
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 8919 8919
Yes like i said opie was WORTHLESS. he was just there... Zombie mode nothing to live for
 09-26-2012, 07:22 AM         #507
numskull 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*kin opie
 5 years ago '04        #508
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,330 | Props total: 11370 11370
That was a great fu*kin' episode. fu*ked up it had to be Ope but he really didn't have anything left to be in the show for anymore he was ready to die you could tell. Still sad, though. And Jax is about to become a full on gangster, he's finally seeming like he's about to turn straight up cold as fu*k. Tight how he sh*t on Tig at the end and made him his little bi*ch at the same time. Can't wait to see Jax get at Pope on the getback. Clay has got to fu*king go also. I like Jimmy Smits character, don't have a clue what his angle is yet and I don't trust him but he's cool and he's funny. Tara is becoming Gemma, sh*t is hilarious but their little feud is kinda gay.
 5 years ago '05        #509
heeznutz 
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 298 298
I have a feeling that this is all Clay's doing. He convinced OP to stand by Jax an now he's dead. Like OP told Jax, he should have k!lled Clay. Right now it looks like all the SON"s are going down except Clay, then Jemma going k!ll him. BTW is this the last season?
 5 years ago '10        #510
Magnum Brown 2 heat pts
space
space
$695 | Props total: 39 39
R.I.P to my n*gga Opie... Gone too soon
 5 years ago '06        #511
SM 38198 heat pts38198 OP
space
space
$127,989 | Props total: 67689 67689
naw not the homie opie, what a crazy fu*king episode though

jax will get the last laugh though
 09-26-2012, 08:37 AM         #512
c d0t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when jax was tellin op about everything and how it went down, you guys didn't see the blank look in OP face ?

....i knew right then and there, OP had it set and he was going to make sure it was himself to go, he couldn't do it anymore....he put his whole life into the club and got literally nothing out of it but heartbreak.....

...imo Clay still had a part in this some way, like some1 else said, when he went and talked to OP and said "Jax needs u"....he knew what he was doin....

...but damn....RIP OP....Jax needa take care of business now(hopefully they SHOW THE co gettin' his)
 5 years ago '07        #513
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15

[pic - click to view]

i pledge allegiance to damon pope

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #514
thegod 
space
space
space
$1,383 | Props total: 196 196
Crazy ep..and this was only the 2nd episode.

When they was talking in the cell...I felt like Opie was gonna step up and go in..but then when they huddled up later, I thought for a hot sec that had Jax had a plan to get them outta that situation (and i was like yes..I dont want my dude Opie to go out like that)..then my nig gave the CO the headbutt and I was like Noooooo!!!!

My jaw pretty much stayed dropped as I watched in shock until it went on commercial...
 5 years ago '06        #515
space
space

Kurt Sutter, you clever bastard.

Right when the networks are in the midst of launching and returning their big guns, "Sons of Anarchy" unleashes an episode designed to dominate TV chatter. Whether you loved, hated or were simply heartbroken by "Laying Pipe," it's not an episode you're going to forget. Or stop talking about for weeks to come.

If the amount of times someone says "Did you see 'Sons of Anarchy' last night?! Holy crap!" is one valid way to judge a showrunner's success, Sutter should be feeling pretty damn accomplished tomorrow.

Sutter has taken his knocks for not letting us properly feel the life and death stakes of SAMCRO's criminal activity. We've had a few casualties here and there (last season's murder of Piney the most significant), but for the most part the club has always managed to keep on ticking even when their rivals on both sides of the law aren't so lucky. Last season felt like a 14-episode arc inevitably building to the death of Clay Morrow until that deus ex CIA in the finale saved his skin.

Tonight, SAMCRO wasn't so lucky.

If you went into the episode blissfully unaware of the Twitter declarations that something seriously majorly crazy big was gonna go down, I don't know how you ever would've seen it coming. Even when Damon Pope told Jax that one of the Sons needed to die as payback for the dead cop and One-Niner, anyone familiar with how "Sons" works would probably expect Jax to find some clever way out of the situation. Sure, Pope had the solitary guard on his side (and what a marvelously sleazy portrayal of soulless corruption character actor Jack Conley brought to that role), but there had to be another twist coming. Right?

By having the courage to actually make good on Pope's power play, there were two ways for the writers to go. (For the record, the script was credited to Kem Nunn, Liz Sagal and Sutter). They understandably take Tig off the table, even though he clearly would've sacrificed himself for the club and Jax clearly wouldn't have minded if he did. That would've made the death too easy. Not painful enough. And obviously Jax isn't going to put himself up to appease Pope. That wouldn't fly. So it came down to Opie or Chibs.

The safe choice was good old expendable Chibs. It would still be shocking to see "Sons" k!ll off a core cast member, and personally I'd miss the role I expect he'll play in the follow-up to last season's lingering subplot about Juice's African-American father. But the show could knock off Chibs and just keep rolling along. I'd guess most viewers would've pegged him as the sacrificial lamb, if there had to be one.

The ballsy choice was Opie. Jax's best friend and in some ways the soul of the show. The man who willingly went to jail to protect SAMCRO, forgave Clay and Tig for the murder of his wife, and ultimately reached his breaking point when Clay k!lled his father. Opie is a key player in the show's central drama, about as important as you can be without being named Jax, Clay, Gemma or Tara.

Sutter picked the ballsy choice. And I'm sure some fans are going to be really pissed off.

Opie's death scene itself was a brutal, captivatingly staged highlight for episode director Adam Arkin. From Ryan Hurst's delivery of the morbid "I got this" as false reassurance to the reactions of Charlie Hunnam and Tommy Flanagan as they watched (and Kim Coates' back as he couldn't bring himself to watch) to that artful, sickening gush of blood after the death blow, Arkin milked the sequence for maximum impact.

My own feelings about Opie made watching it even more uneasy. I borderline hated the character for awhile after his wife, Donna, died, because I held him partially responsible for letting his devotion to the club take precedence over her demands for a better life. Donna wasn't a very complex character and was frequently written as a shrew, but I still considered her death one of the most emotionally affecting moments of the first season. Opie later forgiving Tig and Clay, staying with the club and striking up a romance with irritating pr0n star Lyla did nothing to endear the character to me. But last season, as the show began to resurrect Opie's grief and inability to completely move on after Donna's death, and then really brought down the hammer with his discovery that Clay k!lled his father, Opie suddenly became a vital, compelling character to me again. So yes, his death hurts. As it should.

But it's possible the show also wrote him into a corner. After the deaths of both Donna and Piney, there's just no way Opie could credibly function in the club. Even his friendship with Jax was looking more and more untenable with the number of secrets Jax was keeping, and his refusal to let Opie avenge Piney's death. Jax came totally clean to Opie shortly before he died -- spilling everything from the truth about JT's death to Romeo's role with CIA -- but some wounds are too deep.

Just how burnt out Opie had become was spelled out in one of the episode's early scenes: "Aren't you getting tired of this?" he asked Jax in the prison courtyard. "It just ain't fun anymore. Chasing cash we don't need, and spending every dime trying to stay alive." The writers have enough of a challenge trying to explain why Jax isn't tired, but now they don't have to worry about Opie.

There's also real dramatic justification for this death beyond avoiding coming up with creative ways to keep Opie and Clay apart, and proving the writers have the guts to k!ll someone the audience wouldn't expect. Opie's sudden act of self-sacrifice should be another important turning point on Jax's journey. When Jax tried to explain his reasoning for protecting Clay, he told Opie: "I had to make a choice. k!ll Clay or save the club." I have a feeling Opie's answer -- "You made the wrong choice." -- is going to resonate in Jax for the rest of his life.

We know Jax will hunt down and probably destroy that solitary guard. And we know that Jax has already marked Clay for death as soon as possible. But is there anything left for him to cling to now in the club? Has he finally realized there's no way to cut the cancer out of the club, the club itself is a cancer?

"There's a new plan," Jax told Pope after Opie's death. "I just watched my best friend get beaten to death for you. Now I'm gonna get the club to sign off on your cash, but I need Trager outside. Him knowing I saved his life gives me an internal advantage I'm gonna need. When I'm done you can send him out the same way you did his kid, cause I really don't give a sh*t." Is he really just talking about Tig? Or do those feelings extend to SAMCRO?

Odds and ends:

- While the episode was primarily focused on the prison story, there was also a significant chunk of time devoted to a new war brewing between Gemma, Tara and Jax's ex Wendy (Drea de Matteo). We knew this was coming when Wendy popped back up at the tail end of last season. It won't be pretty.

- I'll be looking forward to Conley's return as the solitary guard when Jax takes his inevitable revenge. Any bets Jax throws the taunt "This is my hell, bi*ch. I make the rules," back in his face?

- In one of the evening's lighter moments, Nero's "wh0ore Friday" Carla (Wanda de Jesus) grabs Juice and heads for a room. Carla teases Nero: "You think you're the only one who gets to play with white trash?" Juice yells out: "Actually I'm Puerto Rican!"

- Is that really all we're going to see of "High School Musical" graduate Ashley Tisdale as Nero's Southern import? It seems she's a bit too big of a name to sign on for just one catf!ght with Gemma.

- Just as Jax comes out of jail, Gemma goes in. She was caught up in the raid on Nero's place. We'll see what that stirs up next week.

5 years ago '04        #517
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 Bigakathebeast said:
bodies getting dropped something serious these past 2 seasons of my favorite shows, ned stark, jimmie, piney, oppie, mike. And it ain't gonna stop.....watch when season 3 of game of thrones startup. Best characters stay getting murked
word. even tho he's limping around like Piney this season, dude is still making sh*t happen. It just sucks that this whole season, people are getting murked over a BS story (Piney's shooting) and now the Sons are (one again) dealing with a crew with more reach than they have.
 5 years ago '11        #518
wolfpack32 
space
space
$297 | Props total: 0 0
 DOOMage said:
I am genuinely choked

"Some are dead and some are living, in my life, I love you more"

For reals tho, even though his character even said himself, he can't love anything anymore, and all this sh*t happend to him, his wife and dad, it still hurt to watch that. Especially cuz Jax could do nothing but watch.
RIP OPIE.
 5 years ago '06        #519
space
space
 babalou said:
word. even tho he's limping around like Piney this season, dude is still making sh*t happen. It just sucks that this whole season, people are getting murked over a BS story (Piney's shooting) and now the Sons are (one again) dealing with a crew with more reach than they have.
for real when it comes down to jax should have let op k!ll clay when he had the chance
 5 years ago '06        #520
space
space

"Sons of Anarchy" started out the new season with two brutal and shocking deaths. On the season premiere, Pope rolled into town looking for revenge against Tig for the death of his daughter. As a result, he k!lled Tig's child by burning her to death in front of the biker. On the Sept. 25 episode, the next death was even worse.

Fans of "Sons of Anarchy" have followed their favorite characters through thick and thin, so when Pope's men beat Opie to death on the most recent episode, it was stomach churning and disturbing. It also worked perfectly.

There are many fans who hated seeing this beloved character die. However, it was set up perfectly with what came before. Opie could never love again; he said as much. He gave his ex $20,000 to take care of his kids and seemed to be moving on.

He is also Jax's best friend, so his death means a lot for the upcoming season.

Pope came to town and destroyed the entire SAMCRO team. Tig is mentally shattered after the death of his child. Jax is mentally shattered after watching his best friend beaten to death. Understand that there will be hell to pay.
Sons of Anarchy spoilers: What that death means to the show.
Sons of Anarchy spoilers: What that death means to the show.
Photo credit:
FX

In this episode alone, Jax already promised that the Commander would die. He said that he would find out his real name and where he lived and he would k!ll him. That will happen, there is little doubt about that. He also got Tig released from prison, in exchange for allowing Pope to eventually k!ll Tig. That is less likely to happen, although after watching Opie die, it is a possibility.

There is a lot to consider when looking at where the show is headed. Yes, k!lling Opie was like a knife into the gut of the fans but that is what a good drama series is supposed to do. The fact it hit audiences so hard means the show is working, it is making you care about the characters and it will make the eventual retribution mean so much more.

Vengeance will happen and Jax will gain revenge for what happened so far this season. The fun is getting there and while this week's episode can't be called fun, it was a key ingredient to the season as it continues to unfold.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago