NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #241
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
Cool episode, I thought it was a good way to kickstart the season. Pope's character is dope - I hope he stays around for a while. That said, I first thought that Kim Coates' acting was really off as well when his daughter was burned alive. But in hindsight, it's probably because they wanted to show Tig being shocked to the point where he couldn't stabilise his response to one emotion (i.e. didn't know how to react). It seemed like he was at a loss for words at the time and all he could do was wail and moan in disbelief.
 5 years ago '05        #242
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 SM said:

[pic - click to view]

SPOILER ALERT! If you havenít watched Sons of AnarchyĎs season 5 premiere (get Ken Tuckerís take), stop reading now. We talked to actor Kim Coates about Tigís first run-in with Damon Pope (Harold Perrineau) ó and whatís next.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Did Kurt Sutter tell you that Pope would retaliate for Tig k!lling his daughter by setting Tigís daughter Dawn (Rachel Miner) on fire while Tig was forced to watch, or did you find out reading it in the script?
KIM COATES: I was at the Upfronts in New York with him and a bunch of the fellas and Katey [last March], and he just took me aside and said, ĎGet ready.í I said, ĎYou canít do that. You gotta give me a little bit more than that.í I honestly had goosebumps and got very emotional just from him telling me what the first episode was gonna be for Tig, let alone thinking about where Iíd go with the whole thing.

Tell me how you prepare for a scene like that.
Listen, Iíve been acting a long time. When I read that scene, I can honestly say that I canít quite remember ever having that feeling. I was scared, I was excited. Iíve never had to do anything quite like that before. One of the first things I did was I went and talked to a really good buddy of mine, Sam Alibrando, who lives across the street from me. Heís a therapist. We do this all the time with certain parts. He really helps me figure out where a personís mind goes. Because you and I would never have been in a situation like this before. So he really broke it down. See, what I donít like listening to is when writers go, ďAnd then the person cries.Ē ďOr the person does this.Ē Itís there [in the script], but itís not the Bible. I wait and see what happens to me on the day. But I have to say, the way Kurt mentally had thought out Tigís emotions during the duress of that night happened to be exactly what Sam across the street told me would probably happen to a human being.

So Iím chained up. I canít get off the chain. Iím going to die. Then to see and feel what they were doing to my little baby in that dumpster. I want to die for her. I donít die for her. They go ahead with it. I watch them pour gasoline on her. It was unbelievable. When Sutter wrote down after I wipe out the cop and the cleaner ďHe just finally breaks down,Ē I canít tell you how easy that was for me, Kim, to just completely lose it. It was at the end of the night. We did it two or three times. And every time, it just was a release that I never quite felt before as an actor. Iíve gotta give it up for the props guys as well: Iíve had handcuffs on (coughs) as certain characters in a play, letís keep it at that. And they hurt. Had those boys not figured out a rig to save my wrists, I think I would have ripped my hands right off. They found this rig of this incredible arm-looking material that we put underneath the cuffs so that I could writhe around.

EW Daily Poll: Chris Brown's neck tattoo: Do you care? ó Vote now!

Itís interesting to hear you talk about ďHe just finally breaks down,Ē because that was the moment I wanted to ask you about. It seemed purposeful, like thatís when Tig would allow himself to break down.
It really was. Sam went over the things in the mind ó with the adrenaline, to the fear, to the numbness, and then to the release. Thatís really what the human body would go through in this f!ght or flight pattern. So it made sense. After we had that great discussion, I didnít think about it anymore. I just let whatever happened that night happen. We shot it over two nights. Paris Barclay, the director, was very conscious of how to make it as easy physically for Tig as he possibly could. Because we were going there two nights in a row, I didnít really shower after the first night. I just came home, kept to myself, and slept. The second night turned out to be almost as emotional [filming scenes for episode 2] when the boys come and they see me there at the pit, looking down at my daughter, and I have to explain what happened. I really did clean myself off a lot when that part of the story was finally over for me. Because things happen really fast on this show. Iím in a comatose state. Gemma tries to help me out, but then something happens that just rocks our world, and Kurt just keeps moving forward. Thereís no time to reflect, so thatís up to me as Tig to never forget what happened with Dawn. But you gotta keep going. I think that actually helps TigÖ. It was tough, man. All the boys on the set were going, ďWow, I canít wait to see thisĒ or ďTake it easy.Ē And Rachel Miner was phenomenal. Itís just so sad. Jesus Christ.

As a viewer, itís even more painful to watch the scene a second time, when you know whatís coming.
Thatís the epic thing of Kurt and this world. [With Kurt having said he's plotting the show to go seven seasons], we are definitely on the other side of the mountain now. Weíre coming down now. And so Kurtís just not pulling any punches now. Itís just all in. Weíre all in. Weíre all fóed. Weíre all trying to continue this club brotherhood, but itís just breaking up everywhere. Gemmaís a mess. Clayís a mess. (Laughs) So itís gonna be really interesting to see how people take to this season for sure.

What do you think Pope brings to the show as a villain? I think the premiere establishes what Kurtís said all along: heís a level of gangster theyíve never dealt with before.
Weíve never run into someone quite like this. Adam Arkinís character Zobelle in season 2 had this incredible twisted KKK só that we had to deal with, and he had the brains to go along with it, which was kind of off-setting. But Pope is also street, more street than weíve ever encountered on the other side of the fence. I think what Harold brings to that is this incredible charisma and suit. (Laughs) And I think he smoked about 42 cigars the first night that we met, because he smokes a cigar in that scene. He pulls up in this Lincoln Continental, and you just know Popeís a different guy.

Haroldís a pro. He was phenomenal as Mercutio in [Baz Luhrmann's] Romeo + Juliet. Iím a Shakespeare guy. I was the youngest Macbeth ever at 27 when John Neville directed me at Stratford. So Shakespeare means a lot to me, and obviously Sons is very Shakespearian too, right, with the whole Hamlet metaphor. So Haroldís great. I have to say though that I donít work much with him because I think itís probably safer for both [our characters] not to be in the same room with each other. When he and I met the first timeÖ There are certain times when you donít want to see or talk to someone before acting certain moments because it really does add to whatever it is youíre trying to create. I think Harold and I both went there without even intentionally doing so. In the van driving to set, I didnít want to look at him and he didnít want to look at me. We stayed away from each other on the set. Then we just let the emotions come out.

Letís talk about the scene between Tig and Clay. I loved how calm you and Ron Perlman played it. I a.ssume that was purposeful as well.
It was. I think the way Kurt wrote that, itís sad. Itís like, what happened to us? From the lie that he told me last season, I went off the hook and accidentally k!lled the wrong girl again ó Tigís pretty good at that. So can you imagine how Tig must feel now that his daughterís gone from this lie? It doesnít bode well for Clay and Tig, Iím sure.

Kurt has teased that Jax is the one whoís gonna have to build Tig back up after this. What can you tease about that looking ahead?
At the beginning of this season, Tigís off the leash. Jax puts me back on the leash. Iím just gonna leave it at that. He pulls me back in. There are a couple of reasons why he does this, but I canít say what they are.

Last question: Iíve seen the first two episodes, and Iím surprised how much I like Nero (Jimmy Smits). Iím waiting for the other shoe to drop.
(Laughs) Look at you! Well, Sutterís a genius at that, right? Just when you think youíve got something figured out, you donít have it figured out at all. He does that continually. He continues to top himself. Is there a nicer guy on the planet than Jimmy Smits? Iím not sure. I wish I had more scenes with him. Heís mostly with Gemma and Jax. I canít say much. But just keep watching. The first two episodes, thereís a lot there. But it is a whole different shoe that heís gonna put on coming up. Itís pretty incredible.

Good read
 5 years ago '06        #243
mikeydooodie 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,910 | Props total: 209 209
my dvr fu*ked up. where can i watch this online?
 5 years ago '07        #244
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
fu*k the sons...i hope pope wipe them off the map...tig got what he deserved
 5 years ago '12        #245
DireWolf07 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 1007 1007
 Pistol Peter said:
fu*k the sons...i hope pope wipe them off the map...tig got what he deserved
fu*k the sons
 5 years ago '06        #246
mikeydooodie 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,910 | Props total: 209 209
 DOOMage said:
Wouldn't surprise me if Clay was behind all of this sh*t, aligning himself with the Niners for a big payoff if he helps dismantle Charming's charter of SAMCRO so they can take over the guns from the Irish somehow. And he probably recruited the shadiest of Nomads to help ruffle a few feathers. And take some revenge in the process on those who sold him out about JT to Jax. Just a theory.
thats what i get out of it
 5 years ago '09        #247
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,315 | Props total: 7973 7973
 DireWolf07 said:
fu*k the sons
the sons are kinda bi*chmade

thy're almost like a bunch of wild kids with guns and bikes

you got 1 dude snitching because he's afraid someone might find out he's half black, you got the leader working with the cia which imo is way worse then ratting, you got 1 guy who wife got bodied and his pop got murked by the sons yet i guarantee you he'll join up again by the end of the season..plus he wifed up a whiore and then got mad because she was getting gangbanged , u got 1 dude who basically spent the last few seasons dikk riding clay while fukking clay's girl on the low, and the same clown k!lled a members wife but gets mad at clay for bodying piney....scratch that...he's upset clay didnt tell him hebodied piney the actual death didnt bother him just clay not telling him...even though he stuck his dikk in peggy bundy

the sons whole crew is weak imo, except for smiley and chibs, they're certified

then again, my hate for jax runs deep...a guy k!lls your dad, has your wife kidnapped and almost k!lled...murders one of your best friends dad.....and beats your mom to a pulp and you let him breathe.......dont sound realistic
 5 years ago '08        #248
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 1167 1167
so im still wondering about when Clay told Gemma, "the stuff with JT, your involvement, ill take it to my grave". have they ever reveled what she actually did? she just set him up?
 5 years ago '11        #249
CarlozRossi 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,866 | Props total: 3833 3833
Gemmas old a.ss could def. Get the bidness
 5 years ago '11        #250
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,339 | Props total: 8508 8508
 Jacc Blacc said:
the sons are kinda bi*chmade

thy're almost like a bunch of wild kids with guns and bikes

you got 1 dude snitching because he's afraid someone might find out he's half black, you got the leader working with the cia which imo is way worse then ratting, you got 1 guy who wife got bodied and his pop got murked by the sons yet i guarantee you he'll join up again by the end of the season..plus he wifed up a whiore and then got mad because she was getting gangbanged , u got 1 dude who basically spent the last few seasons dikk riding clay while fukking clay's girl on the low, and the same clown k!lled a members wife but gets mad at clay for bodying piney....scratch that...he's upset clay didnt tell him hebodied piney the actual death didnt bother him just clay not telling him...even though he stuck his dikk in peggy bundy

the sons whole crew is weak imo, except for smiley and chibs, they're certified

then again, my hate for jax runs deep...a guy k!lls your dad, has your wife kidnapped and almost k!lled...murders one of your best friends dad.....and beats your mom to a pulp and you let him breathe.......dont sound realistic
You keep saying this sh*t over and over but really would you just go ahead and say, "Welp fu*k it, I'll k!ll Clay and take my 30 year sentence when RICO hits."

30 years. His kids will be his age when he gets out he will be 60+. He will miss, grade school, middle school, high school, college.

Plus put every other member of the Sons down for 30 with him.

Or you play some Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold sh*t like a boss and k!ll him once you're in the clear.
 5 years ago '07        #251
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Jeans&Sneakers said:
so im still wondering about when Clay told Gemma, "the stuff with JT, your involvement, ill take it to my grave". have they ever reveled what she actually did? she just set him up?
They never revealed it specifically. I wonder down the road what Jax will do when he knows Gemma has been lying.
 5 years ago '09        #252
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 PotheadFocker said:
You keep saying this sh*t over and over but really would you just go ahead and say, "Welp fu*k it, I'll k!ll Clay and take my 30 year sentence when RICO hits."

30 years. His kids will be his age when he gets out he will be 60+. He will miss, grade school, middle school, high school, college.

Plus put every other member of the Sons down for 30 with him.

Or you play some Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold sh*t like a boss and k!ll him once you're in the clear.
my fault, didnt know jax was a law abiding citizen, for a second there i thought he was a cut throat bike gang leader who isnt afraid to k!ll when needed
 09-15-2012, 08:34 AM         #253
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Clay will be the new otto.
 5 years ago '09        #254
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 @RG3 said:
Clay will be the new otto.
he seems more like the new piney imo.....except clay is like the evil version of piney right now

sh*t, atleast piney could still ride a cycle, clay busted his a.ss
 5 years ago '07        #255
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,232 | Props total: 20021 20021
@ tigs daughter. Dope premiere.
 09-15-2012, 04:26 PM         #256
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
he seems more like the new piney imo.....except clay is like the evil version of piney right now

could be both with him in his state right now and eventually i could see him taking the rap for this guns sh*t willingly or unwillingly and being the member on the inside of the pen.. since of the situation with otto..
 5 years ago '12        #257
DireWolf07 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 1007 1007
 Jacc Blacc said:

Forget busting his a.ss, Clay couldn't even grip the handle bars properly in the past season or two. Piney was one of the realest characters on the show, stood by what's right. Clay on the other hand is a lying, back stabbing f*ggot, ain't got sh*t on Piney. .

Last edited by DireWolf07; 09-16-2012 at 03:44 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #258
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,668 | Props total: 1135 1135
Great fu*king premiere I just wished they picked someone else for the Pope character
 5 years ago '11        #259
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
Damn after reading so of these post I gotta agree the Sons are soft especially Jax..Clay fu*ked his whole world up Sutter probably cant get rid of him cause the actors under contract or some sh*t. And motherfu*kers got the nerve to even say "The Wire" in the same sentence as this show

I'm going to watch a few episodes cause enjoy hating the Sons every single one of them and there wives girlfriends etc.
 5 years ago '04        #260
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 722 722
 DominationCM said:
Damn after reading so of these post I gotta agree the Sons are soft especially Jax..Clay fu*ked his whole world up Sutter probably cant get rid of him cause the actors under contract or some sh*t. And motherfu*kers got the nerve to even say "The Wire" in the same sentence as this show

I'm going to watch a few episodes cause enjoy hating the Sons every single one of them and there wives girlfriends etc.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy