OFFICIAL Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #201
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,042 | Props total: 33762 33762
 Propel Water said:
Its one of the nomads that got patched over... He put his foot up on ex fat prospect's shoulder and he had that robot leg
Damn props I totally missed that too.
 5 years ago '06        #202
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,893 | Props total: 25685 25685
To the people complaining about tigs acting being horrible in that scene i disagree i think it was to show he's going fully insane. Like when he shot the white guy there to clean up he shot him 4 times and started laugh crying then went into fully crying dude lost his mind and went insane. I think he's gonna gun HARD for pope and it ain't gonna be pretty!!!

Last edited by Yung Dilla; 09-12-2012 at 02:49 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #203
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
 Yung Dilla said:
To the people complaining about tigs acting being horrible in that scene i disagree i think it was to show he's going fully insane. Like when he shot the white guy there to clean up he shot him 4 times and started laugh crying then went into fully crying dude lost his mind and went insane. I think he's gonna gun HARD for pope and it ain't gonna be pretty!!!
good point
 5 years ago '11        #204
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,330 | Props total: 8466 8466
bricks were shat
 09-12-2012, 05:21 AM         #205
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 steeLTown said:
yea its hard work copying and pasting stuff from other websites for this thread...you deserve to relax

Go to a this thread to actually converse with the t/s who doesn't copy and pastes only.
 09-12-2012, 07:08 AM         #206
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fantastic premiere.

Gully as fu*k.

Pope is a straight goon.
 5 years ago '04        #207
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,018 | Props total: 249 249
 AzulineAzure said:
i aint no spiderman, n*gga

that line was awesome lol
 5 years ago '04        #208
nando 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,018 | Props total: 249 249
 -BigC- said:
So i'm the only one who laughed when Tigg was yelling while his daughter burned? Nobody else thought that acting was on some Asian kids from Gran Torino sh*t?
at first i wasnt feeling his reaction but
[spoiler - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #209
SM 38173 heat pts38173 OP
space
space
$127,899 | Props total: 67306 67306
gemma gettin it in already

jax vs. clay

gemma vs. tara

bobby got out

dont fu*k with pope

dont fu*k with tigs crazy a.ss

damn unser

great fu*king episode to start the season
 5 years ago '06        #210
space
space
 SomeOnesoN said:
what did the kingpin discuss with his crew? maaan, ima need a recap/upload of this episode; my fu*kin' cable keeps cutting in and out

this is bullsh*t!
he told the one dude he was the new leader cause leroy couldnt handle it
 5 years ago '06        #211
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Ok so who was missing a foot because I don't remember that sh*t
the new dudes but why they got beef with unser?

Last edited by SM; 09-12-2012 at 08:18 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #212
space
space

[pic - click to view]

SPOILER ALERT! If you havenít watched Sons of AnarchyĎs season 5 premiere (get Ken Tuckerís take), stop reading now. We talked to actor Kim Coates about Tigís first run-in with Damon Pope (Harold Perrineau) ó and whatís next.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Did Kurt Sutter tell you that Pope would retaliate for Tig k!lling his daughter by setting Tigís daughter Dawn (Rachel Miner) on fire while Tig was forced to watch, or did you find out reading it in the script?
KIM COATES: I was at the Upfronts in New York with him and a bunch of the fellas and Katey [last March], and he just took me aside and said, ĎGet ready.í I said, ĎYou canít do that. You gotta give me a little bit more than that.í I honestly had goosebumps and got very emotional just from him telling me what the first episode was gonna be for Tig, let alone thinking about where Iíd go with the whole thing.

Tell me how you prepare for a scene like that.
Listen, Iíve been acting a long time. When I read that scene, I can honestly say that I canít quite remember ever having that feeling. I was scared, I was excited. Iíve never had to do anything quite like that before. One of the first things I did was I went and talked to a really good buddy of mine, Sam Alibrando, who lives across the street from me. Heís a therapist. We do this all the time with certain parts. He really helps me figure out where a personís mind goes. Because you and I would never have been in a situation like this before. So he really broke it down. See, what I donít like listening to is when writers go, ďAnd then the person cries.Ē ďOr the person does this.Ē Itís there [in the script], but itís not the Bible. I wait and see what happens to me on the day. But I have to say, the way Kurt mentally had thought out Tigís emotions during the duress of that night happened to be exactly what Sam across the street told me would probably happen to a human being.

So Iím chained up. I canít get off the chain. Iím going to die. Then to see and feel what they were doing to my little baby in that dumpster. I want to die for her. I donít die for her. They go ahead with it. I watch them pour gasoline on her. It was unbelievable. When Sutter wrote down after I wipe out the cop and the cleaner ďHe just finally breaks down,Ē I canít tell you how easy that was for me, Kim, to just completely lose it. It was at the end of the night. We did it two or three times. And every time, it just was a release that I never quite felt before as an actor. Iíve gotta give it up for the props guys as well: Iíve had handcuffs on (coughs) as certain characters in a play, letís keep it at that. And they hurt. Had those boys not figured out a rig to save my wrists, I think I would have ripped my hands right off. They found this rig of this incredible arm-looking material that we put underneath the cuffs so that I could writhe around.

EW Daily Poll: Chris Brown's neck tattoo: Do you care? ó Vote now!

Itís interesting to hear you talk about ďHe just finally breaks down,Ē because that was the moment I wanted to ask you about. It seemed purposeful, like thatís when Tig would allow himself to break down.
It really was. Sam went over the things in the mind ó with the adrenaline, to the fear, to the numbness, and then to the release. Thatís really what the human body would go through in this f!ght or flight pattern. So it made sense. After we had that great discussion, I didnít think about it anymore. I just let whatever happened that night happen. We shot it over two nights. Paris Barclay, the director, was very conscious of how to make it as easy physically for Tig as he possibly could. Because we were going there two nights in a row, I didnít really shower after the first night. I just came home, kept to myself, and slept. The second night turned out to be almost as emotional [filming scenes for episode 2] when the boys come and they see me there at the pit, looking down at my daughter, and I have to explain what happened. I really did clean myself off a lot when that part of the story was finally over for me. Because things happen really fast on this show. Iím in a comatose state. Gemma tries to help me out, but then something happens that just rocks our world, and Kurt just keeps moving forward. Thereís no time to reflect, so thatís up to me as Tig to never forget what happened with Dawn. But you gotta keep going. I think that actually helps TigÖ. It was tough, man. All the boys on the set were going, ďWow, I canít wait to see thisĒ or ďTake it easy.Ē And Rachel Miner was phenomenal. Itís just so sad. Jesus Christ.

As a viewer, itís even more painful to watch the scene a second time, when you know whatís coming.
Thatís the epic thing of Kurt and this world. [With Kurt having said he's plotting the show to go seven seasons], we are definitely on the other side of the mountain now. Weíre coming down now. And so Kurtís just not pulling any punches now. Itís just all in. Weíre all in. Weíre all fóed. Weíre all trying to continue this club brotherhood, but itís just breaking up everywhere. Gemmaís a mess. Clayís a mess. (Laughs) So itís gonna be really interesting to see how people take to this season for sure.

What do you think Pope brings to the show as a villain? I think the premiere establishes what Kurtís said all along: heís a level of gangster theyíve never dealt with before.
Weíve never run into someone quite like this. Adam Arkinís character Zobelle in season 2 had this incredible twisted KKK só that we had to deal with, and he had the brains to go along with it, which was kind of off-setting. But Pope is also street, more street than weíve ever encountered on the other side of the fence. I think what Harold brings to that is this incredible charisma and suit. (Laughs) And I think he smoked about 42 cigars the first night that we met, because he smokes a cigar in that scene. He pulls up in this Lincoln Continental, and you just know Popeís a different guy.

Haroldís a pro. He was phenomenal as Mercutio in [Baz Luhrmann's] Romeo + Juliet. Iím a Shakespeare guy. I was the youngest Macbeth ever at 27 when John Neville directed me at Stratford. So Shakespeare means a lot to me, and obviously Sons is very Shakespearian too, right, with the whole Hamlet metaphor. So Haroldís great. I have to say though that I donít work much with him because I think itís probably safer for both [our characters] not to be in the same room with each other. When he and I met the first timeÖ There are certain times when you donít want to see or talk to someone before acting certain moments because it really does add to whatever it is youíre trying to create. I think Harold and I both went there without even intentionally doing so. In the van driving to set, I didnít want to look at him and he didnít want to look at me. We stayed away from each other on the set. Then we just let the emotions come out.

Letís talk about the scene between Tig and Clay. I loved how calm you and Ron Perlman played it. I a.ssume that was purposeful as well.
It was. I think the way Kurt wrote that, itís sad. Itís like, what happened to us? From the lie that he told me last season, I went off the hook and accidentally k!lled the wrong girl again ó Tigís pretty good at that. So can you imagine how Tig must feel now that his daughterís gone from this lie? It doesnít bode well for Clay and Tig, Iím sure.

Kurt has teased that Jax is the one whoís gonna have to build Tig back up after this. What can you tease about that looking ahead?
At the beginning of this season, Tigís off the leash. Jax puts me back on the leash. Iím just gonna leave it at that. He pulls me back in. There are a couple of reasons why he does this, but I canít say what they are.

Last question: Iíve seen the first two episodes, and Iím surprised how much I like Nero (Jimmy Smits). Iím waiting for the other shoe to drop.
(Laughs) Look at you! Well, Sutterís a genius at that, right? Just when you think youíve got something figured out, you donít have it figured out at all. He does that continually. He continues to top himself. Is there a nicer guy on the planet than Jimmy Smits? Iím not sure. I wish I had more scenes with him. Heís mostly with Gemma and Jax. I canít say much. But just keep watching. The first two episodes, thereís a lot there. But it is a whole different shoe that heís gonna put on coming up. Itís pretty incredible.

5 years ago '10        #213
Magnum Brown 2 heat pts
space
space
$695 | Props total: 39 39
Great episode... I just wish they would have showed what happen to Leroy, instead of just saying he was dead
 5 years ago '11        #214
wolfpack32 
space
space
$297 | Props total: 0 0
 SM said:
the new dudes but why they got beef with unser?

It's not just Unser, there's been 2 other break in attacks and they have all been connected to SAMCRO. That's what the cop was telling them at the shop. Unser just happend to be the last one. Have no idea what they want tho.
 5 years ago '06        #215
space
space
 wolfpack32 said:
It's not just Unser, there's been 2 other break in attacks and they have all been connected to SAMCRO. That's what the cop was telling them at the shop. Unser just happend to be the last one. Have no idea what they want tho.
aaahh yeah i didnt make the connections with the other break-ins
 5 years ago '06        #216
space
space
Cast Answers Questions About Premiere

5 years ago '06        #217
space
space

Never judge a book by its cover.

Sons of Anarchy's Season 5 premiere proved that old adage once again with the introduction of gangster Damon Pope (Lost's Harold Perrineau). Unlike his crew, the One-Niners, Pope is a well-dressed businessman who could seemingly never be mistaken as an outlaw or a thug.

Sons of Anarchy: What kind of leader will Jax become?

"I always envisioned this guy as being [the] kind of guy who has sort of risen above the street and has learned to carry himself in the community," creator Kurt Sutter tells TVGuide.com. "It's a different kind of bad guy. It's a different kind of antagonist for [the club]. I love the fact that he does carry himself with a certain amount of decorum."

But by the end of the premiere, Pope's true colors come out when he exacted revenge on Tig (Kim Coates), who foolishly k!lled Pope's daughter in what he believed was retaliation for an attempted hit on Clay (Ron Perlman). Instead of k!lling Tig, Pope chained him up and forced him to watch as Pope's a.ssociates burned Tig's daughter Dawn alive.

"Look, I love pushing the envelope ó I think it's a signature of the show," Sutter says. "But I feel like my job ... is rooting that stuff in character so that it doesn't feel like a stunt. What's the most heinous thing [Pope] can do to this guy? It was important for me to say this is what Pope is capable of. Don't let the nice suit, the good teeth, the expensive car, the good speech fool you. He's a dude who's capable of doing this... horrendous, awful thing. You realize, 'I can never f--- with this guy.'"

Harold Perrineau on his Sons of Anarchy character: "You don't want him on your bad side"

Sutter promises that Tig's tragedy will greatly alter his relationship with Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and may forever break his ties with Clay. "In the first couple of episodes, we see how betrayed Tig feels by Clay," Sutter says. "Ultimately, Clay had this opportunity to tell him the truth and couldn't. That relationship really stays strained for most of the season. It's not easily repaired."

As for how Jax and the club will respond to Pope's fiery actions, Sutter again hopes to subvert expectations. Rather than continuing to come after Pope, Jax will actually come under his tutelage a bit as he tries to find what kind of leader he wants to become.

"We don't see a ton of [Pope] in the season. He's really more the presence that's out there impacting these guys," Sutter says. "It's almost like he's off in the background smoldering and simmering. But what we're able to set up is this interesting odd mentorship that's starting to happen. There's something in Jax that Pope sees that sort of reminds him of himself.

Sons of Anarchy roars back for Season 5

"You can see how this guy ultimately seduces the street," Sutter continues. "He's fatherly. He tells you how great you can be. He builds you up. It's that sort of pimp mentality. Jax seems to be seduced by that a little bit. "

Sons of Anarchy airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on FX. What did you think of Pope's introduction and the Season 5 premiere overall?

5 years ago '06        #218
space
space
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
they showed parts of Leroy...............
right
 5 years ago '05        #219
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
So why would the Nomads fu*k with Unser?
 09-12-2012, 01:18 PM         #220
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That was not a character going insane that was bad acting there is a difference. I don't expect the best acting ever from a TV show but holy sh*t it was really bad.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy