Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,563 | Props total: 2835 2835
 Hovi Bryant said:
If I don't accept this...?

I'm defaulting to what now?

I don't think I have ever insulated or implied that Nas needs ghostwriters. I believe the thought of Nas having ghostwriters is insane. But, here we are with a longstanding, acclaimed writer in Hip-Hop with a claim that has no ties to anything to further her career at all...

It's more of a reach to go this far to make such a defense without sounding any more foolish than what you're saying right now.

it's pretty clear english. . .sorry you aren't following

You're defaulting to Dream side of the story with zero proof except to say that she has a good reputation. Never mind that the only people that were there say it didnt happen and one actually went into great detail about what DID happen (even went as far as to talk about specifically what phrases he came up with). Never mind that Dream been on meds and battling depression. Never mind that nobody a.ssociated with this have backed her in any way. . .

You might as well get a tin foil hat and cut yourself off from the grid lil dude. . .
 5 years ago '10        #62
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19634 19634
 abstractq said:
it's pretty clear english. . .sorry you aren't following

You're defaulting to Dream side of the story with zero proof except to say that she has a good reputation. Never mind that the only people that were there say it didnt happen and one actually went into great detail about what DID happen (even went as far as to talk about specifically what phrases he came up with). Never mind that Dream been on meds and battling depression. Never mind that nobody a.ssociated with this have backed her in any way. . .

You might as well get a tin foil hat and cut yourself off from the grid lil dude. . .
You don't need proof to believe in what someone says. I think you, I, and pretty much anyone who has chosen a side has proved that much.

Just because more people share the same story or opinion, does not give more credibility. Regardless of the amount of detail.

Anyone can lie, short or elaborate. It's been done before.

There's only one fact in the matter of this: there's no proof on either side.
 5 years ago '10        #63
space
space
 ash1990 said:
I'm not trying to be a lawyer, your mad that Nas fu*ked your mother
If that's what helps you sleep easy at night.
 5 years ago '09        #64
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,086 | Props total: 8876 8876
 Hovi Bryant said:
If that's what helps you sleep easy at night.
I was joking, I went too far saying that
Stay in denial, Dream wasn't even in the studio, Stic. Man said that it was just only him, nas and M-1 in the studio.
 5 years ago '04        #65
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
You don't need proof to believe in what someone says. I think you, I, and pretty much anyone who has chosen a side has proved that much.

Just because more people share the same story or opinion, does not give more credibility. Regardless of the amount of detail.

Anyone can lie, short or elaborate. It's been done before.

There's only one fact in the matter of this: there's no proof on either side.

It actually DOES give more credibility. . .weird that you would think otherwise

It would help Dream hamptons credibility TREMENDOUSLY if others came out and said they heard the reference tapes too

Detail also helps credibility. . .lol, but you talking about the next dude's skill with jury duty?

comedy. . .
 5 years ago '10        #66
space
space
 ash1990 said:
I was joking,
Stay in denial, Dream wasn't even in the studio, Stic. Man said that it was just only him, nas and M-1 in the studio.
Stic. Man never lies. I keep forgetting that.
 5 years ago '10        #67
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
not read the article yet but it definitely is in the process of ruining journalism. it used to be you paid your dues and worked your way into a high position where your opinion or work (if it had been proven routinely to be good) could be heard. now every tom d!ck and harry with a blog or a twitter can post his stupid opinion online and anyone can read it. it's lead to people having to be more controversial and basically shout louder to get noticed. take football for example, last season was some of the worst journalism i have seen and that was from the professionals!! there so many sites/blogs etc that even the broadsheets have resorted to making a "crisis" every week to fill column inches and generate traffic.
 5 years ago '10        #68
space
space
 abstractq said:

It would help Dream hamptons credibility TREMENDOUSLY if others came out and said they heard the reference tapes too

Detail also helps credibility. . .lol, but you talking about the next dude's skill with jury duty?

comedy. . .
Really? Once again, history has proven that just because a handful of people have the same story does not mean they have credibility.

Iran-contra (Reagan and his administration), Watergate, (Nixon and his administration), Penn State (Paterno and his staff), ... I mean...come on.

I really don't know where that logic stems from.
 08-17-2012, 04:16 PM         #69
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This whole contfoversy just highlighted something that I already knew...

Which is that there is literally nothing negative that Nas can do that his Stans won't reason away or ignore...

Getting your Rhymes Ghostwritten for you? When the thing you're most praised/heralded for is your lyricism? Nah, that's no big deal.
 5 years ago '05        #70
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,254 | Props total: 9708 9708
 abstractq said:

comedy. . .
You're right. It's pointless continuing on though. It's like talking in circles. She made a claim with no substantiated evidence. They deny the claim and go into amazing detail about how wrong she is, yet that means nothing.

Don't forget to point out that in this retarded argument, her credibility means nothing. Look at Dan Rather. All the credibility in the world. One fu*k up and he was gone like a piece of sh*t. Everyone she named denies it. Okay, let's say you don't believe them. Where's her backup?

This reminds me of the Birthers. My retarded cousin says she has 'government contacts' that can prove Obama wasn't born here. My response is, 'with all the people who want him gone, there's proof he's a Kenyan and you've allowed him to stay in office?' She never has a response because there is none. She realizes she's a fu*king idiot.

If there was/is a smoking gun of audio with Stic.Man and Jay Electronica demoing for Nas, why haven't they surfaced? She claims to have heard them. So she's the only one? I highly doubt that. That means someone else would have heard it and nobody has jumped up to get her back. The vaunted and wildly credible Dream Hampton all of a sudden has no support? It MUST be a conspiracy.

Or she talked out of her a.ss and got called on it.
 5 years ago '10        #71
space
space
 WCIB said:
You're right. It's pointless continuing on though. It's like talking in circles. She made a claim with no substantiated evidence. They deny the claim and go into amazing detail about how wrong she is, yet that means nothing.

Don't forget to point out that in this retarded argument, her credibility means nothing. Look at Dan Rather. All the credibility in the world. One fu*k up and he was gone like a piece of sh*t. Everyone she named denies it. Okay, let's say you don't believe them. Where's her backup?

This reminds me of the Birthers. My retarded cousin says she has 'government contacts' that can prove Obama wasn't born here. My response is, 'with all the people who want him gone, there's proof he's a Kenyan and you've allowed him to stay in office?' She never has a response because there is none. She realizes she's a fu*king idiot.

If there was/is a smoking gun of audio with Stic.Man and Jay Electronica demoing for Nas, why haven't they surfaced? She claims to have heard them. So she's the only one? I highly doubt that. That means someone else would have heard it and nobody has jumped up to get her back. The vaunted and wildly credible Dream Hampton all of a sudden has no support? It MUST be a conspiracy.

Or she talked out of her a.ss and got called on it.
I'm running in circles...because...somehow you aren't?

Stic.man, Elec, and Nas refute her claim with no substantial evidence either. It shouldn't be hard to understand that majority opinion or story does not provide some sort of "proof" or clear them for what has taken place.

And again, I say that because history has proven that there is a thing called a "cover-up" which you seem to be oblivious to.

Lies have to be short and quick now? I think many who have been caught would like to have a word if that's what you're implying.
 5 years ago '09        #72
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,086 | Props total: 8876 8876
 Hovi Bryant said:

Stic.man, Elec, and Nas refute her claim with no substantial evidence either. It shouldn't be hard to understand that majority opinion or story does not provide some sort of "proof" or clear them for what has taken place.

And again, I say that because history has proven that there is a thing called a "cover-up" which you seem to be oblivious to.

Lies have to be short and quick now? I think many who have been caught would like to have a word if that's what you're implying.
Nas hasn't responded yet, which I don't get, n*gga needs to defend himself
 5 years ago '04        #73
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
Really? Once again, history has proven that just because a handful of people have the same story does not mean they have credibility.

Iran-contra (Reagan and his administration), Watergate, (Nixon and his administration), Penn State (Paterno and his staff), ... I mean...come on.

I really don't know where that logic stems from.

SMH. . .you really are acting slow right now

In the case of Iran-Contra and all those other episodes, there were 1) a number of witnesses on the other side and/or 2) Physical evidence

If everybody in the reagan administration said one consistent story, and one guy was saying the opposite, and there was no physical evidence to support the one guy, then the reagna administration wold be more credible

Doesnt mean definitively that they would be telling the truth. . .but they would have been more credible

Have you ever been to court or seen small claims court on TV or anything like that? One witness proves nothing and wont get you convicted of anything . . .five witnesses makes you more credible and can get you convicted

If dream hampton had more people backing her, i might buy it. . .if she had physicall evidence id definitely buy it. As far now though, shes just some depressed emo chick who either dont know what she heard or is lying
 5 years ago '10        #74
space
space
 abstractq said:
SMH. . .you really are acting slow right now

In the case of Iran-Contra and all those other episodes, there were 1) a number of witnesses on the other side and/or 2) Physical evidence

If everybody in the reagan administration said one consistent story, and one guy was saying the opposite, and there was no physical evidence to support the one guy, then the reagna administration wold be more credible

Doesnt mean definitively that they would be telling the truth. . .but they would have been more credible

Have you ever been to court or seen small claims court on TV or anything like that? One witness proves nothing and wont get you convicted of anything . . .five witnesses makes you more credible and can get you convicted

If dream hampton had more people backing her, i might buy it. . .if she had physicall evidence id definitely buy it. As far now though, shes just some depressed emo chick who either dont know what she heard or is lying
You're getting warmer. Iran-Contra, Watergate, Sandusky... these cover-up failed largely in part to hard evidence (no homo for Sandusky). Claims can always be refuted (like what's taking place now).

You look up what a cover-up means, and what these guys are doing falls in line with the definition. Am I saying that these guys are lying? No. Am I saying these guys are doing this? No? Nor am I going to fault anyone for wanting to believe what they're saying.

However, if you want to look at this objectively (like me), you have to consider the possibility that both sides could be lying. I don't know how many times I can repeat that. I don't see how Hampton has much to gain by making this claim. That's why I believe her. Stic. Man and Elec have given their reasons and explained what took place. That is also a fair reason to believe them.

Is any of that definitive? No. Does one story outweigh the other? No. Not without evidence.
 5 years ago '04        #75
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
I also said its possible. . .and in fact you ARE saying that you believe these guys are lying

Im just saying that until someone backs her or some physical evidence crops up, shes not looking very credible. I find it hard to believe that she has NOBODY that got her back and nobody that can corroborate anything about these reference tapes. She's the only one? Or is she one of the select few and everybody else just watching her long established career get sulllied

Stic.man detailed the whole writing process with Nas BEFORE there was even a controversy over it. . .You mean to tell me he was already thinking about the potential thaty Dream Hampton might hear a reference tracks years later and decided to pre-emptively cover up?

As fer her motive, it could be an innocent mistake for all i know. Or it could be for some slight or possible gain that we just arent close enough to the situation to see
 5 years ago '07        #76
timdog 926 heat pts926
space
space
$30,522 | Props total: 15082 15082
 Hovi Bryant said:
You're getting warmer. Iran-Contra, Watergate, Sandusky... these cover-up failed largely in part to hard evidence (no homo for Sandusky). Claims can always be refuted (like what's taking place now).

You look up what a cover-up means, and what these guys are doing falls in line with the definition. Am I saying that these guys are lying? No. Am I saying these guys are doing this? No? Nor am I going to fault anyone for wanting to believe what they're saying.

However, if you want to look at this objectively (like me), you have to consider the possibility that both sides could be lying. I don't know how many times I can repeat that. I don't see how Hampton has much to gain by making this claim. That's why I believe her. Stic. Man and Elec have given their reasons and explained what took place. That is also a fair reason to believe them.

Is any of that definitive? No. Does one story outweigh the other? No. Not without evidence.
this...

you're one of the few that see this for what it's worth

stic or jay would never admit to ghostwriting
 5 years ago '05        #77
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:

You're talking in circles and avoiding the topic at hand again. And you're putting words in my mouth. Short and quick lies? Wtf? You're the only one crying cover up. You simply calling it a cover up doesn't make it so. Both me and abstractq have both said multiple times that anything is possible, yet you're very quick to point out you haven't called anyone a liar and we have.

Let's get into simple English here. The entire coversation started off with you saying 'I believe Dream Hampton.' Simply saying 'believe' means you don't believe the other party involved. You've been calling Nas, Stic and Jay Electronica liars from the beginning. Calling something a cover up infers that too. You said you don't need facts to believe anything. Well, the facts are she's all alone in this one. And so are you. Your response to everything is some retarded conspiratorial bullsh*t that only YOU are making up. Dream Hampton hasn't said any of the sh*t you have. So who's the one making a.ssumptions here? I haven't made one that isn't backed up by credible sources. All your sh*t is heresay.
 5 years ago '08        #78
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,835 | Props total: 9157 9157
Cliffs for BX: (Stick this in the OP please)

Social media has official hip hop purists angry. They've lost the 'right' to be the go to reviewers in this new age.

There's a lot of sensational media out there with little to no credibility in the form of backings and research.

Fans aren't privy to the whole story and take the sensational tweets and bogus headlines as fact.

Honestly, it wasn't that great of a read because of the constant blasts to the past but he does a good job of detailing everything wrong with todays influx of media.

As far as the 'ghostwriting' goes, he pretty much says that NaS did have other artists contribute to the album creatively, but that reaching out to his peers is as common place as training with foe of yours during the offseason in sports (my intepratation.)

Take part in the discussion BX. That's a very super condensed account of the article imo.
 5 years ago '10        #79
space
space
 WCIB said:
You're talking in circles and avoiding the topic at hand again. And you're putting words in my mouth. Short and quick lies? Wtf? You're the only one crying cover up. You simply calling it a cover up doesn't make it so. Both me and abstractq have both said multiple times that anything is possible, yet you're very quick to point out you haven't called anyone a liar and we have.

Let's get into simple English here. The entire coversation started off with you saying 'I believe Dream Hampton.' Simply saying 'believe' means you don't believe the other party involved. You've been calling Nas, Stic and Jay Electronica liars from the beginning. Calling something a cover up infers that too. You said you don't need facts to believe anything. Well, the facts are she's all alone in this one. And so are you. Your response to everything is some retarded conspiratorial bullsh*t that only YOU are making up. Dream Hampton hasn't said any of the sh*t you have. So who's the one making a.ssumptions here? I haven't made one that isn't backed up by credible sources. All your sh*t is heresay.
The topic at hand is what? I'm crying cover up? Look, I'm pointing out or attempting to articulate that neither side is more credible than the other. I don't understand why you are having a difficult time comprehending this.

I haven't called anyone anything. I'm saying the door is wide open for inturpretation on both sides. Just because I believe in what Hampton says does not mean it is true. Just like in what you believe does not make what Stic. Man and Electronica are saying true either.

Why you can't leave it at that just shows how ignorant you are of critical thinking. Either that or you just have a sh*tload of foolish pride and won't admit that I'm right.
 5 years ago '05        #80
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
The topic at hand is what? I'm crying cover up? Look, I'm pointing out or attempting to articulate that neither side is more credible than the other. I don't understand why you are having a difficult time comprehending this.

I haven't called anyone anything. I'm saying the door is wide open for inturpretation on both sides. Just because I believe in what Hampton says does not mean it is true. Just like in what you believe does not make what Stic. Man and Electronica are saying true either.

Why you can't leave it at that just shows how ignorant you are of critical thinking. Either that or you just have a sh*tload of foolish pride and won't admit that I'm right.
Me saying multiple times that anything is possible just means you can't read. And there you go contradicting yourself again... Everything is left up to interpretation, yet I have to admit you're right? Right about what? I thought neither side was right or wrong? Left up to interpretation or YOUR interpretation? Just caught you in your little circles again. Looks like my critical thinking skills are just fine smart guy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
105 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
65 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy