Dream Hampton Says She's Done With Hip-Hop

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
134 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
Raw Silk 
space
space
$244 | Props total: 0 0
 justinjones said:
ok...somebody clarify this for me. did she say that stic man helped or ghostwrite for nas. because the 1st thing people think of when they hear ghost write is verses or the whole song. all that sound like he did was help or gave him a hook. which is what most rappers have
Stic says clearly that he produced, helped Nas with concepts, ideas and wrote hooks. Its a dope interview. Dream Hampton is saying he had ghostwriters on Untilted mainly stic and Jay Elec.
 5 years ago '09        #62
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8868 8868
 Raw Silk said:
Its obvious you n*ggas on Boxden arent to bright. Here are excerpts from interview with stic in 2008.

"So I went out to L.A. with my pad, ready to rap my a.ss off with one of my favorite emcees. [Laughs] He was totally like, Yo, I want yall to produce this. Do yall have any idea how you could develop this particular thought? I want to get at Fox News, got any beats for that? I found out over a few days that he wasnt really interested in us rapping or being featured, but he wanted a sound and he wanted some help in conceptualizing his ideas. Thats pretty much what I do with dead prez, so M1 just sort of fell back, like, Knock it out. Make the beats happen. Thats pretty how we got into the mood. I ended up doing five or six things musically that he wanted for his record. I think he ended up choosing three. But it was good. Hed say, Heres a concept, and we just started building on it. Id play some tracks, I made some sh*t on the spot. Some stuff I produced, like the Untitled song, Nas hit me two days before his deadline. He said, I need some sh*t about [Louis] Farrakhan. Hook me up with a track, n*gga. [Laughs] I did something that I felt, I wasnt sure if he was going to fu*k with it or not. I sent it to him, I hit him late that night, and he was like, Its done and mixed. Before I even heard where he was going with it, it was mixed and ready to go. You know how industry sh*t goes, sometimes you dont always [record music] in the same room at the same time."

"So we get the notepad full of ideas about Fox. Im like, Searching like CBS, and I see B.S., track us down with GPS. He came with, Red Foxx, only fox I know. He would scribble it down, but not in a rap format, just dope little pieces. He goes in the booth after I get the beat all up, but what you hear on the song, he spit that. He had a certain method of what he wrote down and how he spit it. So Im like, How can I be productive? Let me think of a hook, so we can stay focused. I wanted to do a million songs, I didnt want to be stuck on one song forever. So I write the hook that you hear on the song, and when he comes out the booth, I go in the booth and lay the hook down. When I get halfway done with the hook in the booth, he stopped me like, Come out. Ima say that hook. I leave the pad in the booth, and he goes in there for one take and spits that sh*t hard. We work it out, keep working on the song and tweaking it, and thats how Sly Fox came about. It was co-written and a collaboration, but it was his idea and his genius."

Why would Dream Hampton wait 4 years later to mention something like this. This is coming after his critically acclaimed 6th #1 album and a resurgence in his career. Why
That's why I called her a hater..............
 5 years ago '09        #63
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,118 | Props total: 1655 1655
who so were suppose to know everybody right
 5 years ago '06        #64
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
this is like the 3rd or fourth time she's "walked away" from something...

it's just like when she quit Twitter earlier this year... forever.. ...she came back around eventually..
 5 years ago '05        #65
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,194 | Props total: 11797 11797
 justinjones said:
i honestly don't remember anybody from the documentaries

maybe sway if he was in them...damn my memory is going
I remember cuz I always wanted to smash her
 5 years ago '04        #66
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
nas lost... feels good to be a Hova stan
 5 years ago '04        #67
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,483 | Props total: 2722 2722
 THEINFAMOUS said:
y'all n*ggas serious

Dream used to be on dam near every rap documentary on MTV back in the day. @ least y'all Shud know her from that
only mtv people i remember are sway,dr dre,ed lover and fab 5 freddy

wait is this the chick who was in that hip hop debate a few months ago ?
 08-16-2012, 06:37 PM         #68
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She helped Jay z write Decoded,

She was very close to Big and Pac....she even put Pac on to Nas Illmatic

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #69
Raw Silk 
space
space
$244 | Props total: 0 0
Whats ill to me is now that the interview is up(again) no one wants to comment.
 5 years ago '05        #70
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
 Raw Silk said:
Stic says clearly that he produced, helped Nas with concepts, ideas and wrote hooks.
This is what a producer is supposed to do. I doubt anybody who read this back then was dunce enough to come to the conclusion that it translated to ghostwriting for Nas.

Given her credentials i would a.ssume dream hampton to have had, at the very least, the most basic form of coms training. I personally think it's a case of the donkey finally biting the carrot. Her tweet(s) was a "my d!cks bigger" moment. Now look what's happened.

Last edited by Da Gooneyz; 08-16-2012 at 07:26 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #71
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,527 | Props total: 6757 6757
who?
n*gga who the fu*k cares

son said whats a dream hampton im doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 5 years ago '04        #72
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,223 | Props total: 1090 1090
Damn .....i do belive her cause like others stated she been around for a long min. I personally have mad respect for her just wish she had the smoking gun...sad it had to be Nas tho
 5 years ago '04        #73
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
fu*k dream hampton, on that note tho cormega wrote stuff that nas stole before, large professor told nas to re-write his rhymes and edited nas rhymes before, it happens... who cares?
 5 years ago '10        #74
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,732 | Props total: 19629 19629
 abstractq said:
man who knows why bi*ches lie when they lie

For all i know, dream heard a reference track with sticman doing a hook and just made a leap of logic from that

Now, if Stic.man was really ghostwriting whole songs for nas and didnt want nobody to know about it. . .why would he go in an interview right after and say that he was in the studio helping nas with phrases and lyrics in any way?
C'mon, that doesn't even sound like a logical excuse. I'm not saying she could be lying just to prove a point in the conversation she had, but it's pretty clear she has no bias towards anything and her credibility is pretty much established.

Just as we give Nas the benefit of a doubt for creating classic albums, how come she can't for what she's done?

There's two sides, and the end result of it all is a non factor. A lot of y'all jumping through more hoops than the guys being accused of ghost writing. It's sad.
 5 years ago '09        #75
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8868 8868
 MegaTON said:
on that note tho cormega wrote stuff that nas stole before
Nas >>>>>> Cormega
 5 years ago '05        #76
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 AuthenticMade said:
Lotta teenagers in the thread asking who Dream Hampton Is

She was the first female editor of the source...been in the game for 20+ years as one of the most important writers in our culture. She has award winning documentaries on Biggie,Muhammad Ali, and also grew up with Biggie. Shes reviewed and critiqued a large majority of the most important albums of our time and when Hip hop journalism meant something she was one of the top 2 or 3 individuals involved in it. She co-wrote Decoded with Jay Z after being one of the individuals who seriously criticized him early on in his career....should show you the respect Jay has for her. Shes also wrote for Ebony, Essence, Vibe, and so many other publications

In other words shes probably the single most important Hip hop journalist, and some would argue the only 1 that actually matters. Shes highly respected and for the most part someone that wouldnt lie about something like this....her credibility in the game is unrivaled.

If Big were alive he'd be smacking kufis off the n*ggas dissing her:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Boxden hates women though, especially successful black ones. Get ready for 3-5 pages of random ignorant bashing.
 5 years ago '04        #77
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
 ash1990 said:
Nas >>>>>> Cormega
that's irrelevant...
 5 years ago '06        #78
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
That Bich tryna say Jay Elect and Stic Man Ghost Wrote Untitled like six songs worth of Ghostwriting.

I could see them help him cause he talks about the Nation of Islam Louis Farrakhan and sh*t But ghost writing 6 whole songs.

Nas. GTFOH
 08-16-2012, 09:02 PM         #79
KittenWhisperer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They shouldn't have threatened her....
 5 years ago '07        #80
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Dream Hampton?? Never heard of her
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
151 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
74 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
18 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago