Dream Hampton Says She's Done With Hip-Hop

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,412 | Props total: 6438 6438
 Damagegadget said:
thats cracks me up everytime... remember some one said some isht about deadmau5...and maybe it was you who was like wtf is a deadmau5..

but yes wtf is a dream hampton and how is bleeding her out misogynistic
i guess she thought its a double entendre for a woman's period....but all he was doing was quoting predator
 5 years ago '08        #22
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,244 | Props total: 4542 4542
 Moony Jackson said:
she was the one who started the rumor that nas has ghostwriters

I wikipedia her name and shes credited with co-writing jay-z book

so it all makes sense

shes a jay-z stan that tried to smear nas
she aint a Jay-Z stan, she was one of the first journalists to call out Jay-Z

and she helped Michael Eric Dyson write his book about Nas's Illmatic: "Born to Use Mics: Reading Nas's Illmatic"

she's one of the most credible hip hop journalists... worked on Vibe for 15 years... like dude said she was the first female editor for The Source when it was the most popular hip hop magazine...

she was one of Biggie's best friends too
 5 years ago '10        #23
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 abstractq said:
Stic.man went into great detail as to how the writing process went with Nas

He said it was Nas's ideas and Nas who put the lyrics together an dhe helped with hooks, beats and phrases

And this was before dream alleged anything

I'm sorry, but it just really doesnt sound like a ghostwriter. Now Dream hampton got nothign to fall back on. she dont have them reference tapes, the artists who worked with nas denied that they ghostwrote, shes admitted to battling depression. . .

smh. . .
Dream has nothing to gain by making a statement like that. Stic.man and Elec have to protect what they do. You think they'd come out and say "yeah, I wrote whole bars for Nas"? Just saying.
 5 years ago '09        #24
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,080 | Props total: 8850 8850
 Hovi Bryant said:
Dream has nothing to gain by making a statement like that. Stic.man and Elec have to protect what they do. You think they'd come out and say "yeah, I wrote whole bars for Nas"? Just saying.
What's her proof, I'll wait

I'll say it again, bi*ch you wasn't in the studio with Nas & sticman
 5 years ago '04        #25
space
space
she probably shouldn't of said nothing without any proof. which im guessing she doesn't have since nobody has seen it. not many people are just going to take her word for it
 5 years ago '10        #26
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
credible journalist or not credible journalist, that was some unprofessional sh*t

throwing out allegations without proof

for all we know she could be doing this out of spite, maybe nas didn't return her call or some sh*t

no wonder she say she done with hip hop, she made herself look stupid

and turned alot of hip hop fans against her
 5 years ago '10        #27
space
space
 ash1990 said:
What's her proof, I'll wait

I'll say it again, bi*ch you wasn't in the studio with Nas & sticman
I'm saying she has no proof, but she doesn't have a motive to fu*k around either. While Elec and Stic Man are on full damage control right now. With no proof in existence, why are they jumping through hoops like this?

Not to mention, Hampton isn't even the only one making the claim. The original thread I saw on BX had some dude saying Elec called him and said he wrote one song for Nas. Again, no proof, but I don't buy the not guilty until proven thing here.

Even if Nas had ghostwriters, it doesn't take away from what he's already done so far...which is legendary.
 5 years ago '10        #28
space
space
 Moony Jackson said:
credible journalist or not credible journalist, that was some unprofessional sh*t

throwing out allegations without proof

for all we know she could be doing this out of spite, maybe nas didn't return her call or some sh*t

no wonder she say she done with hip hop, she made herself look stupid

and turned alot of hip hop fans against her
How could it be out of spite when you see the conversation she had on twitter? It's not like she had it out for anyone really.

She's stupid for making the claim, but has anyone ever stepped out and admitted writing for any rapper? Really?

How would that proof look like?
 5 years ago '04        #29
BeatTycoon 268 heat pts268
space
space
$4,151 | Props total: 4 4
dream hampton has been writing about hip-hop in various magazines for like two decades and none of you have seen her name before?

Catch up young'uns -
 5 years ago '07        #30
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16106 16106
 justinjones said:
i guess she thought its a double entendre for a woman's period....but all he was doing was quoting predator
ya figgadeal me..she is clearly not taking her meds
 5 years ago '07        #31
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16106 16106
 BeatTycoon said:
dream hampton has been writing about hip-hop in various magazines for like two decades and none of you have seen her name before?

Catch up young'uns -
Im 32... and well I used to chop it up with a former editor from the source..and I forgot her name too..
 08-16-2012, 04:25 PM         #32
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe we don't give a fu*k about Dream Hampton
 5 years ago '11        #33
Sinamatik CFR 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,356 | Props total: 7784 7784
Dream Hampton can hold her own... her credentials speak for themselves, she's the female version of what Elliot Wilson is to hip-hop journalism.... do I believe her even after both Stick and Jay countered her claims, No... they pretty much produced tracks on that album as well as provided input to certain concepts... shot no different than most of these rap n*ggas "weed carriers" do from the black couch while their mans is penning a rhyme!

Stick even said himself Nas provided concepts and directions, they just provided him with the a.ssist!
 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM         #34
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This bi*ch need to find some business.

Nas is up for a grammy consideration so ease up with the slander and keep the gossip off your Twitter page.

This the same bruad that shared the f*ggit-fact that Biggies best friend was an openly homos3xual male nicknamed Mann.

Every year she do this.
 5 years ago '04        #35
space
space
 coolbeans said:
maybe we don't give a fu*k about Dream Hampton
this is probably true... unless people are really in it or the name pops up constantly(elliot wilson) you're not going to know who the journalists are like that. i couldn't name who started xxl if somebody quizzed me on it right now. can't name nobody a.ssociated with slam outside of scoop jackson and i wouldn't know any of these columnists in sports if it wasn't for espn.

its just how it is for most people
 5 years ago '11        #36
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
She really showing her v*gina right now. Getting all emotional and thinkin everyone is against her. That Just Blaze tweet was clearly not for her. "Misogynistic" hate towards her. Get the fu*k outta here. I don't care how long she been here. When you been playing a big boy game for like 20 years and slugging like heavyweight now when you finally catch some flack cause you decided to show your a.ss and say something as awe-inspiring as one of Hip Hop's legend used ghostwriters on his last album, you wanna cry saying "WAH WAH BUT I'M A GIRL". What's the number for Wah-mbulence? cause she doing a lot of that right now. fu*k up.

And yeah I believe they ghostwrote for him. I believe most rappers have ghostwriters. But if you knew and weren't prepared for Stic and Jay E to f!ght against what you were saying and delusional Nas stans to set sh*t on fire...why'd you say anything in the first place?
 5 years ago '11        #37
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,006 | Props total: 607 607
the fu*k is a dream hampton
 5 years ago '04        #38
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 2410 2410
 AuthenticMade said:
Lotta teenagers in the thread asking who Dream Hampton Is

She was the first female editor of the source...been in the game for 20+ years as one of the most important writers in our culture. She has award winning documentaries on Biggie,Muhammad Ali, and also grew up with Biggie. Shes reviewed and critiqued a large majority of the most important albums of our time and when Hip hop journalism meant something she was one of the top 2 or 3 individuals involved in it. She co-wrote Decoded with Jay Z after being one of the individuals who seriously criticized him early on in his career....should show you the respect Jay has for her. Shes also wrote for Ebony, Essence, Vibe, and so many other publications

In other words shes probably the single most important Hip hop journalist, and some would argue the only 1 that actually matters. Shes highly respected and for the most part someone that wouldnt lie about something like this....her credibility in the game is unrivaled.

If Big were alive he'd be smacking kufis off the n*ggas dissing her:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Boxden hates women though, especially successful black ones. Get ready for 3-5 pages of random ignorant bashing.

true story, i grew up reading a lot of her work in the "Source" back when i was in high school and college. and i respect her as a journalist but there are times when an individual needs to know when to shut the fu*k and this was one of them. but now she wants to cry wolf and talk about leaving hip hop behind????? yeah cause she knows she fu*ked up. just my take.
 5 years ago '06        #39
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,354 | Props total: 834 834
F*ck dream hamton...get a life and stop trying to bring people down...
 08-16-2012, 04:52 PM         #40
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast1412 said:
the fu*k is a dream hampton

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Dream Hampton is the woman thatbtold the entire world that Biggie Smalls best friend forever was an openly homos3xual male.

Now can you imagine which Biggie rhymes he supposedly ghostwrote while they were in the studio together?

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 08-16-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago