Rick Ross Finally Talks About Being A Corrections Officer To Rolling Stone

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
205 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
48 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
18157 pageviews
248 comments

WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,227 | Props total: 9630 9630
Rick Ross Finally Talks About Being A Corrections Officer To Rolling Stone

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

By Rolling Stone
August 15, 2012 7:00 AM ET

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

On the Cover: Rick Ross, Gangster of Love | Music News | Rolling Stone

He's the William Howard Taft of the rap game, the guy T-Pain once called "Boss" 20 times in 11 seconds, the only man alive with a diamond-encrusted medallion of his own face: Rick Ross, whose latest album, God Forgives, I Don't, debuted atop the the charts to cement his star status. For the cover story of the new issue of Rolling Stone, which hits newsstands on Friday, August 17th, writer Josh Eells followed in Ross' considerable shadow as the rapper hustled from radio interviews to strip-club bashes in the buildup to the album release. Among the highlights:

Ross suggests that the seizures he suffered late last year were probably the result of smoking too much weed: "I'm most definitely an avid user, a pothead, however you want to look at it. I call it green caviar. It's like a short vacation – it helps me chill out. And people really love it when I chill out, because I can really be a d!ckhead."

For the first time, Ross talks about his past life as a corrections officer – an opportunity, he says, to "wash my hands" after his best friend was sentenced to 10 years for trafficking cocaine and heroin: "This was my best friend, who I ate peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches with, and pork and beans with, my buddy, my partner, my number-one dude. Suddenly I'm talking to him over federal phone calls. Hearing the way it was building, I knew I couldn't take nothing for granted," says Ross. "My homey's father was a huge influence on my life, too . . . He was the one who was like, 'Yo, go get a job somewhere, man. Go be a fireman. Or go be a fu-king corrections officer. Just go sit down somewhere."

After he was suspended from elementary school for horseplay, Ross began attending a small Christian school: "They wanted me to learn the Ten Commandments. I told them I didn't really have time for that right now," recalls Ross, who eventually made his way back to public school and excelled as an offensive lineman in high school football. "I got through high school on my popularity and sh-t," Ross says. "But my grades was never good. I was never good at math."

Ross was digusted by the recent theater shooting in Colorado ("Such a cowardly act"), but he's not in favor of gun control: "I think we all have a right to bear arms, whichever amendment that is." Even a.ssault rifles? He shrugs. "I got 'em."

Ross favors freedom of speech – all kinds: "Chick-fil-A obviously took their stand. That's their right – the same way the pro-gay people are taking their stand. I believe everybody got the right to live their own life the way they want to." So does that mean he'd support a Chick-fil-A boycott? "Naw. I love that spicy chicken."

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

On the Cover: Rick Ross, Gangster of Love | Music News | Rolling Stone

248 comments for "Rick Ross Finally Talks About Being A Corrections Officer To Rolling Stone"

5 years ago '05        #2
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
space
$10,187 | Props total: 8487 8487
Honestly, if Ross had come out and said this off top, it would have been a non-issue. Lying about it, is what made the entire situation, a big deal.......
 08-15-2012, 08:14 AM         #3
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He didn't really say much...

And is he implying that his elementary school friend was trafficking yola and heroin and got 8 years?
 5 years ago '12        #4
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11269 11269

Tryin to take my HT with a better title, I see you player

Might have to pick up this copy.
 5 years ago '05        #5
WCIB 111 heat pts111 OP
space
space
 44wade said:

Tryin to take my HT with a better title, I see you player

Might have to pick up this copy.
nah. all you had was the cover photo.
 5 years ago '04        #6
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1904 1904
 MemphBleek05 said:
Honestly, if Ross had come out and said this off top, it would have been a non-issue. Lying about it, is what made the entire situation, a big deal.......
Yup...
 5 years ago '10        #7
Livin Life 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2778 2778
 endless lies said:
He didn't really say much...

And is he implying that his elementary school friend was trafficking yola and heroin and got 8 years?
Uhhhh no
 5 years ago '12        #8
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11269 11269
 WCIB said:
nah. all you had was the cover photo.
Nah, story is on the 4th post, before you too, but whatever, good title.
 5 years ago '04        #9
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,661 | Props total: 11303 11303
so his uncle told him to get a job, since his best friend was doing 8 years. and being a correctional officer, the same people who would be treating his friend like sh*t for the next 8 years, was the first job that came to mind?.

5 years ago '05        #10
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,871 | Props total: 8391 8391
 skillahmang said:
so his uncle told him to get a job, since his best friend was doing 8 years. and being a correctional officer, the same people who would be treating his friend like sh*t for the next 8 years, was the first job that came to mind?.

i might be the first job he could get
 5 years ago '11        #11
chizz 
space
space
$3,870 | Props total: 2875 2875
He just seems like he tries so hard like he from Cb4
raw Doggy gave props

5 years ago '08        #12
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,496 | Props total: 17069 17069
All of his fake drug don fantasies are actually his Friend life experience, not the first rapper to do that but this guy's big problem was not talking about this but rather LYING about it, you don't lie about that and then come out rapping like your that friend of yours living that miami coke life.
 08-15-2012, 08:34 AM         #13
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So who was in charge of greasing this fat fu*k up for the cover? I promise this dude is over hyped, I will give props when they are due........on a artist tip......Ross is wack.............
raw Doggy gave props

5 years ago '08        #14
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,496 | Props total: 17069 17069
 chizz said:
He just seems like he tries so hard like he from Cb4
That's all he is, the industry created character, why you think he lasted this long?
 5 years ago '07        #15
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,192 | Props total: 3243 3243
 skillahmang said:

A majority of c.o.'s are cool and down to earth people trying to make a living. They actually help inmates more than hurt them. Don't believe everything you hear.
 5 years ago '04        #16
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
i might be the first job he could get

doesn't seem like an easy job to get. i believe anything in food and beverage would take less training to attain.
 5 years ago '05        #17
WCIB 111 heat pts111 OP
space
space
 44wade said:
Nah, story is on the 4th post, before you too, but whatever, good title.
i see. i didn't scroll down. i'm not a hot topic wh0ore so it's whatever if i get it or don't.
 5 years ago '06        #18
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,123 | Props total: 4705 4705
this isnt the first time he spoke on it. in a Don Diva magazine last year he admitted to being a C.O. followed by "im a boss so i dont have to explain sh*t" type of answer. I have mag at home
 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM         #19
ProfitSee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wasn't this a B.E.T. special about 4years ago and the first question big tigger asked him was "is that you in the photo" that surfaced the net. Guess the difference with the RS interview is that he elaborates on it. I didn't read article though
 5 years ago '04        #20
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
 strongthetruth said:
A majority of c.o.'s are cool and down to earth people trying to make a living. They actually help inmates more than hurt them. Don't believe everything you hear.
well my homie's who've done time in southwest and dade county, have told me differently. normally the trustee's look out more than the C.O.'s. i live in miami, so i would think my boys would know how it goes down in my city better then you do. my boys in federal prison told me it is completely different treatment and better. as you can see from the link i posted, i doubt he worked in a federal prison, that would mean he spent atleast a year getting training in that field. which would make his stint as a c.o. less of a 'stint'
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy