john salley dissing mj the goat (video)

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-14-2012, 11:22 PM         #81
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
out of all the good defenders in the league, you pick russell westbrook?

Youd be better off saying kobes not the defender that Bradley is . . .

but whatever, kobe didnt make all nba defensive 1st team last year. . .but for a LONG stretch he was the best defensive 2guard in the league

Tim duncan never led the league in pts, never led the league in rebounds, never led the league in blocks, FG%, a.ssists, steals. . .

how you top 5 all time and never led the league in ANYTHING except games played? And like I said, he got 2 mvps that rightfully belong to shaq and/or kobe
nah that was bruse bowen
 5 years ago '09        #82
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,176 | Props total: 22638 22638
 abstractq said:
out of all the good defenders in the league, you pick russell westbrook?

Youd be better off saying kobes not the defender that Bradley is . . .

but whatever, kobe didnt make all nba defensive 1st team last year. . .but for a LONG stretch he was the best defensive 2guard in the league

Tim duncan never led the league in pts, never led the league in rebounds, never led the league in blocks, FG%, a.ssists, steals. . .

how you top 5 all time and never led the league in ANYTHING except games played? And like I said, he got 2 mvps that rightfully belong to shaq and/or kobe
westbrook's name was relevant because cp3 and tony allen were selected above kobe, and rondo was selected with kobe. you say his name as if he isn't one of the best defensive guards in the league but if you want other names for some strange reason, I can continue to give them to you. wade like I said, thabo, george, iggy, etc. Also for what it's worth kobe received the 2nd least amount of first defense votes, by only one vote from last, and received the lowest amount of 2nd team votes, making him the least voted player onto the teams, aside from luol deng nearly by double digits from the next guy in front of him.

depending on who you ask duncan is the greatest power forward of all time, or top three at his position. when your banging out 23/13/4/3 off an efficient 51% while being the teams down low anchor for rim protection and winning a championship at the same time its pretty hard to hate on son. duncan's mvp's could go to shaq, or you could argue that shaq coasted through the regular season and truly showed his colors in the nba finals. on top of that at least one of those years I know the spurs were the #1 seed, and the lakers didn't even have home court advantage, you aint winning mvp without home court bottom line

Last edited by TriniSoldier; 08-14-2012 at 11:32 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #83
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
 mrballer23 said:
nah that was bruse bowen
Bowen was a sf
 5 years ago '98        #84
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,196 | Props total: 3603 3603
added youtube

08-15-2012, 12:41 AM         #85
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe legend and consistency, Duncan being the best for 2-3 titles, sorry...Kobe been way more consistent if he was the best, he was 2-3...Duncan when he wasn't the best, he's top 20...Duncan fell off way too fast, SORRY

Kobe will get the nod over Duncan just for the fact of that, Kobe is 34 still ballin with them young n*ggaz, Duncan been long gone since 07...Kobe is competing with 21-27 yr olds, Duncan been done

Kobe's career been a model of consistency, fu*k your thoughts, feelings and opinions, cause i got facts
 5 years ago '04        #86
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,413 | Props total: 688 688
Stop suck jordans d!ck... Its an opinion from a guy who played against MJ... Respect it.. Its not like he said he was better than Jordan....
 5 years ago '10        #87
gbigham82 
space
space
space
$1,095 | Props total: 1 1
u n*ggas are really stupid jordan won
 5 years ago '04        #88
rmemo 3 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$764 | Props total: 45 45
Anyone who agrees with salley. Do you think Isiah is better than mj?

From 91 to 98 Jordan was 25-1 in playoff series
 5 years ago '08        #89
coltraver 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,427 | Props total: 25 25
 A.G said:
What would his FG % be
 5 years ago '04        #90
rmemo 3 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$764 | Props total: 45 45
 coltraver said:
What would his FG % be

He only averaged 27 ppg when shaq left. Gtfo with this 45ppg talk.Lakers missed the playoffs with kobe in his prime. Can't believe it.
 5 years ago '08        #91
coltraver 1 heat pts
space
space
 swayze said:
I didn't know they still made you type of niccas anymore. Duncan still going strong man and will retire as one of if not the best PF of our generation. Pump ya brakes dawg.

Kobe takes 30 shots damn near a game he suppose to score. Certainly when your whole team is afraid of you throwing them under the bus . Duncan is the epitome of a professional basketball player period. You can't teach that. Lets just listen to the dude ,because we know he gets busy on the court.

Yeah mf im staning right here...

Kobe will shoot 7-24 in a game and his groupies would still put the lose on his teammates.. How many games did Bynum & Gasol shoot over 50% combined and Kobe shot his team out of the game

Imagine Jordan with Artest, Gasol & Bynum in the front court

I know Kobe has lost in the finals so he will NEVER be in the same league as Jordan but goddamn..
 5 years ago '08        #92
coltraver 1 heat pts
space
space
 rmemo said:
He only averaged 27 ppg when shaq left. Gtfo with this 45ppg talk.Lakers missed the playoffs with kobe in his prime. Can't believe it.
I was asking how low the % would be
 5 years ago '08        #93
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
he got a point about jordan's defense and hand checking, its hard to imagine ppl getting away with handchecking now considering how quick they are to call fouls. but at the same time MJ was great at playing passing lanes just like lebron

i respect his opinion tho, but disagree. he had a basketball career and played with and against the greats, so he knows what he is talking about from experience.

i believe magic was the best pg ever, but how much weight does my opinion hold? magic was 5-6 years into his career by the time i was born, so i mostly only go by highlights....just like 99% of bxsc. and let me tell you this, you cant learn THAT much from highlights and claim you know how great someone is from them.

Last edited by iPunish901; 08-15-2012 at 02:38 AM..
 08-15-2012, 02:44 AM         #94
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not everybody has the same opinion man, take the man's word. If a n*gga knocks Kobe or LeBron than it's "droppin knowledge" or "exposing" a n*gga does the same to Jordan and he's just bitter...bitter about what? Sally has no reason to be bitter, the man just giving his opinion. More people should man up and state their opinion instead of just riding the train being safe or blatantly going against it just for ratings.
 08-15-2012, 02:46 AM         #95
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can't find the comment about the lakers not making the playoffs that year after shaq...kobe missed 17 games and the lakers only won 2 of them I think...they would have made it if he was healthy....continue your daily Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron debate, I'm gone.
 5 years ago '05        #96
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,403 | Props total: 679 679
 k3llz said:
lmao @ Duncan better than Kobe lmao just stop it...Duncan had a small window...Kobe still here...STILL doin it n*gga
wait, was timmy not just in the western finals this year? this n*gga has lost it...

and to what salley said, he was a member of the bad boys that stopped mike... so he has some weight to what he's saying... mike didn't get a consistent J until the 90s... and Salley played with Mike in the back end of his career... Mike still is the GOAT but his game did have holes in it and Salley just pointed those out.. and I can see him saying big men were the best ppl he had to guard bc he didn't have to guard Mike, he guarded bigs... so take that with a grain of salt... ask Joe Dumars who was his toughest matchup was and the answer will likely be a guard...

Last edited by AirForce318; 08-15-2012 at 03:07 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #97
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,029 | Props total: 10697 10697
 MichaelKnight said:
this says kobe the best in the decade too

n top 10 is

mj
kareem
magic
kobe
bird
wilt
russell
shaq
hakeem
timmy

edit: hakeem/timmy are interchangeable imo
wasn't that the one that was fan voting and the whole panel was up in arms saying it should have been shaq/Duncan
 5 years ago '07        #98
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 893 893
Salley never liked Jordan. Coming from that Bad Boys pistons team, MJ probably had dude crying in practice from the amount of trash talk thrown his way.

Even back when he played on the Bulls and was asked about MJ he always seemed

"For example, Jordan would be smoking, say, a Cuban Montecristo No. 2 on the Bulls’ bus. Would any of his nonsmoking teammates ever ask the five-time league MVP to snuff out his cigar As former teammate John Salley once put it: “We were just apostles. Jesus was smoking, that’s all there is to it. What are you going to say”
 5 years ago '12        #99
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23
space
space
$8,092 | Props total: 4768 4768
 fivetreyfour said:
Salley never liked Jordan. Coming from that Bad Boys pistons team, MJ probably had dude crying in practice from the amount of trash talk thrown his way.

Even back when he played on the Bulls and was asked about MJ he always seemed

"For example, Jordan would be smoking, say, a Cuban Montecristo No. 2 on the Bulls’ bus. Would any of his nonsmoking teammates ever ask the five-time league MVP to snuff out his cigar As former teammate John Salley once put it: “We were just apostles. Jesus was smoking, that’s all there is to it. What are you going to say”
what a bi*ch

i would take this dudes opinion seriously if he didn't say 39 year old kareem>prime mj, what a clown.

btw to the dude who said magic was the best PG ever, he clearly is. his only comp is either oscar robertson[who played in a garbage era] or stockton who was a career loser so..
 5 years ago '04        #100
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
 TriniSoldier said:
depending on who you ask duncan is the greatest power forward of all time, or top three at his position. when your banging out 23/13/4/3 off an efficient 51% while being the teams down low anchor for rim protection and winning a championship at the same time its pretty hard to hate on son. duncan's mvp's could go to shaq, or you could argue that shaq coasted through the regular season and truly showed his colors in the nba finals. on top of that at least one of those years I know the spurs were the #1 seed, and the lakers didn't even have home court advantage, you aint winning mvp without home court bottom line
Im not hating on duncan

I think hes a great player

But hes hella overrated on here. Statistically, theres alot of people that put up the kind of numbers that duncan puts up. What other top 10 n*ggas can you name that never led the NBA in any category in their entire career?

I mean I know son was the anchor for these title teams. . .that counts for alot but ehhh. I remember Duncan as much for choking against the lakers missing clutch fts and getting DOMINATED by shaq in the 4th quarter.

Like i said, Duncan is essentially Kevin Garnett. Except Garnett was the NBAs best rebounder for like 4 years running
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy