Well, Damn... Lakers-Hawks Revisiting Gasol-Smith Trade??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #61
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
Lol do it.
 08-14-2012, 06:08 AM         #62
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Defensive dream team right here except for the point guard position, but who cares it's not like there are anymore Gary Payton's out there.

Offensively, Pau is better, but on defense he's weak as all hell. Shows no heart in the playoffs for us anymore.

Personally I would do the trade if we didn't give up any of our starting 5 as it stands now.

If the chance came to get both Teague and Smith I would do it, and I would trade Pau in a heartbeat.

....I'd give it a chance though at least through a quarter of the season to see what Nash can do with Pau... and a chance to see how the new twin towers can do.
 5 years ago '04        #63
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,871 | Props total: 17387 17387
fu*k that lets roll with what we have too many damm new pieces
 5 years ago '06        #64
Johnny Tapwater 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,546 | Props total: 2670 2670
Gasol will beast with Howard and fu*king Nash...
 5 years ago '12        #65
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,113 | Props total: 11377 11377
Id be impressed if the get smith, which wont happen because why would Atl trade for Gasol? But then again, the Howard trade was terrible too.

I doubt Smith is better, just a different look though.
 5 years ago '05        #66
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
you remedial a.ss muthafu*kas actually think josh smith is a better player than pau fu*ken gasol? Lakers would be fu*ken idiots to do this!
 5 years ago '04        #67
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,351 | Props total: 11070 11070
What a F'd up league.
 5 years ago '05        #68
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 Rubix said:
you remedial a.ss muthafu*kas actually think josh smith is a better player than pau fu*ken gasol? Lakers would be fu*ken idiots to do this!
dont think ive seen on person in here say that yet
 5 years ago '06        #69
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Mike Nitty said:
True but Smith > Gasol as far as fit with Nash and D12.

Pick and Roll unstoppable, Alley Oops would be unstoppable...smith is younger, tougher and would be a better rebounder. Gasol brings natural post ups and is a better passer but I'd do this trade in a heartbeat if I was Mitch.
This. No brainer. I don't want to see Pau go but at the end of the day, its about chemistry and matchups. And nobody has yet to mention, at least up until this point, that Josh Smith might be the answer to our Kevin Durant/LeBron issues.

5 years ago '04        #70
Pichito25 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 59 59
 Moony Jackson said:
how much help can kobe get?

I thought he was the black mamba? if hes as great as yall think he is, why does he need this many stars on his team?
if they made this move, it would be more for the future of the franchise....you do realize that once Kobe leaves, they will still be THE LAKERS and have to keep a competitive team.
 5 years ago '05        #71
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,029 | Props total: 1226 1226
This Would be a great move, Gasol is better but there is a reason why Bynum/Gasol Frontcourt wasnt working. You can only have one dominate person in the paint with perimeter players
 5 years ago '11        #72
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,216 | Props total: 24713 24713
 Main Event said:
Gasol >> Smith
this. What u gain in dunks, you lose in post presence, passing, rebounding and versatility. Gasol and howard are the big reasons why teams like okc and miami cant just run the floor like they always want to. They force you to slow the game down. terrible trade for the lakers imo
 5 years ago '05        #73
Rubix 
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
dont think ive seen on person in here say that yet
Say what? Even the post directly below mine says "what an F'ed up league" implying that this is some sort of robbery for the lakers. Go to the first page and u see n*ggas getting ready to give up on the league if this goes through.

The lakers get worse with this trade now and 3-4 years from now. Josh smith is nowhere near as good ad pau gasol.
 5 years ago '05        #74
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 Rubix said:
Say what? Even the post directly below mine says "what an F'ed up league" implying that this is some sort of robbery for the lakers. Go to the first page and u see n*ggas getting ready to give up on the league if this goes through.

The lakers get worse with this trade now and 3-4 years from now. Josh smith is nowhere near as good ad pau gasol.
but the league is fu*ked up. i dont think he implied that whatsoever, seems like more of an a.ssumption on your part

no one is saying smith is better
 5 years ago '05        #75
Rubix 
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
but the league is fu*ked up. i dont think he implied that whatsoever, seems like more of an a.ssumption on your part

no one is saying smith is better
Okay let me reword it then: people actually think this is a good trade for the lakers?
 5 years ago '04        #76
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,461 | Props total: 6048 6048
dont trade my n*gga smoove
 5 years ago '04        #77
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,461 | Props total: 6048 6048
 The Rhyming Ape said:
this. What u gain in dunks, you lose in post presence, passing, rebounding and versatility. Gasol and howard are the big reasons why teams like okc and miami cant just run the floor like they always want to. They force you to slow the game down. terrible trade for the lakers imo
smith is one of the best passing fowards in the league and in rebounding
smith>>gasol
 5 years ago '11        #78
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
smith is one of the best passing fowards in the league and in rebounding
smith>>gasol
Smith is not better than Gasol. Especially when Josh thinks he's a SG and wants to shoot ill advised 3s.
 5 years ago '10        #79
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
I don't want this to go down. Even if Pau gets his panties in a bunch during the post season again.

Moony Jackson said:
how much help can kobe get?

I thought he was the black mamba? if hes as great as yall think he is, why does he need this many stars on his team?
People like you have a difficult time understanding this. It's always about why Kobe needs help. Do you expect him, at this day and age to carry a team by himself? Just because he's considered great that you expect him to beat everyone in the league by himself? You do understand this is a team game, right?

He's 33. If you started playing at the age of 17, played every game, thousands of minutes, played during the all star break, the Olympics, you'd have a little wear and tear on your body, too.
 5 years ago '11        #80
Jay Lee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,642 | Props total: 1374 1374
Lakers better keep Gasol
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago