Aug 12 - - NYPD Shot A Hail Of Bullets At A Man Stopped For Smoking Weed Carrying A Knife.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
15582 pageviews
318 comments

Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,890 | Props total: 5127 5127
Aug 12 - - NYPD Shot A Hail Of Bullets At A Man Stopped For Smoking Weed Carrying A Knife.

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Police shot and k!lled a man wielding a knife Saturday afternoon near Times Square after chasing him down Seventh Avenue from 44th Street to 37th Street.

The unidentified man sustained multiple gun shot wounds and was taken to Bellevue Hospital at 3:12 p.m. as he was going into cardiac arrest. The knife-wielding suspect later died from his injuries.

Authorities say the incident began when officers approached a 51-year-old man they say appeared to be smoking marijuana near West 44th Street and Seventh Avenue, in the heart of Times Square.

The knife-wielding man became angry, pulled out an 11-inch knife and began to put a bandanna on his head, according to police said. He refused repeated orders to drop the weapon and began backing down the avenue.

The suspect continued to flee for a number of blocks, drawing many officers into a foot pursuit that took them south of Times Square.

Police said officers’ pepper sprayed the man six times but he held onto the knife throughout the seven-block chase. He then lunged at police at West 37th Street and two officers shot him in the torso.

The police chase and dramatic shooting shocked tourists and passersby in the busy midtown area.

Fox 5 News obtained this exclusive cell phone video as the suspect seems to taunt numerous police officers waving a knife at them in the middle of Times Square.

Angel Colon was on his lunch break when he whipped out his cell phone and captured these moments just before cops opened fire.

“You could see he has a Rambo type knife,” said Colon. “He seemed confused but he was quite edgy and cops were saying ‘drop it’, and then pow pow.”

42nd Street near Times Square is now shut down as police investigate. Witnesses tell us the suspect seemed erratic.

“We see the guy as we came out the subway and my friend and I actually saw it (shooting),” said Julian Miller.

Another witness Jobby Nogueras said “He was just swinging a giant knife around like he was kind of dancing with the knife.”

The suspect was rushed to the hospital but no one else was hurt. When Fox 5 News asked one witness if he believed the shooting was justified.

“He threatened lives of people so he had to be put down.”

[pic - click to view]

Police involved shooting near Times Square - New York News | New York Breaking News | NYC Headlines

LOL the man had a butter knife... One of these... Man that shiit aint that serious when you are 12 men deep.

[pic - click to view]

Listen man... If i have a .40 glock on me, and he has a knife i think i can control the situation. Who was he endangering? There were no civilians around him, just the cops swarming him guns drawn... Before they let go a hail of rounds into him, over 1. Weed and 2. A butter knife. Look at the knife, that you got 10 officers on the scene and you guys can come up with a plan to disarm him? NO IDEAS...

Dude was obviously off his rocker... Why not treat him as a human being and try to reason, he isnt a fuking animal. HE IS A FUKING HUMAN, talking people down is hard? Using the taser that these cracka cops love to use on us would have been better.

Cops in other countries like canada deal with situations like this all the time, no gun fire required. Why is it our PD cant disarm a crazy n*gga with a knife... Shiit man as a civilian id take my chances disarming him non lethally over k!lling him.

Should i accept this from those who are supposed to protect and serve the community. Seems like 80% of Americans think this is okay.

What ever happened to wounding a man? I heard about 10+ rounds in 5 secs. THATS INSANE! Where is the discretion? I mean really? Are we in a 3rd world country now, where its shoot to k!ll citizens for infractions that can be handled easily. DAMN im so mad.

We give these niccas vests, terrorist equipment, pepper spray, and glock .40 with 15 round magazines so they can k!ll crazy n*ggas with dull knifes running around...

Fuk we training n*ggas for, you 7 feet from a n*gga and you cant have 1 man land a successful shot to a non lethal area of the body. SMH.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 08-12-2012 at 10:36 AM..

318 comments for "Aug 12 - - NYPD Shot A Hail Of Bullets At A Man Stopped For Smoking Weed Carrying A Knife."

5 years ago '05        #2
hily 
space
space
$15,360 | Props total: 689 689
So if a man is near you with a weapon, you'd like the police to wait until you've been stabbed at least once before doing their job?

He lunged at officers, the camera job is horrible, but I saw several civilians around, should they wait until they get 10 feet, 5 feet? How close is too close?

He was given repeated opportunities to surrender himself.
 5 years ago '04        #3
SickBlitz 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 203 203
Yeah that dude was dumb as hell. One more piece of sh*t off the streets
 5 years ago '04        #4
SickBlitz 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 203 203
And that sh*t ain't no butter knife b
 5 years ago '06        #5
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 hily said:
So if a man is near you with a weapon, you'd like the police to wait until you've been stabbed at least once before doing their job?

He lunged at officers, the camera job is horrible, but I saw several civilians around, should they wait until they get 10 feet, 5 feet? How close is too close?

08-12-2012, 11:24 AM         #6
whyarguewithgod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hily said:

[pic - click to view]

What if he had a mental illness like this guy?

[pic - click to view]

Do you still k!ll the man or try to shoot him in non vital parts of the body first (i.e. Legs, arms) before k!lling him dead?

Miss me with the bullshyt.
 5 years ago '04        #7
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,672 | Props total: 5364 5364
NYPD's reputation precedes them .
 5 years ago '08        #8
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
 whyarguewithgod said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Do you still k!ll the man or try to shoot him in non vital parts of the body first (i.e. Legs, arms) before k!lling him dead?

5 years ago '07        #9
crzyhaas13 3 heat pts
space
space
$328 | Props total: 50 50
first off...fu*k the police. with that being said though, all dude had to do was drop the knife and quit being stupid. they could have used less lethal rounds to stop him, but when people in the country gonna realize these cops just wait for sh*t like this to happen to shoot someone. i dont feel bad for dude though he played with fire and got burned.
 5 years ago '06        #10
space
space
 whyarguewithgod said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

colorado dude surrendered and was caught after the incident
 5 years ago '05        #11
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067 OP
space
space
NYPD

[pic - click to view]

Armed ith a slew of utilities, the officers here carry military grade gas mask, a gun, heavy vest with pelvis protection, baton's, pepper spray, some have tasers.

England PD

[pic - click to view]

pepper spray, a light vest, and a stick.

Both PD's handle the same type of situations. Yet NYPD shoot to k!ll everytime.
 5 years ago '10        #12
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 whyarguewithgod said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Difference is, the guy with the "mental illness" was smart enough to just surrender before the police had to shoot him.

Also, this isn't a race thing. It's an issue of a guy acting like an idiot and paying for it. It seems like if he was white, you'd have no problem, with the police handling the situation the way they did.

And for the record

[pic - click to view]

This is not a butter knife.
 08-12-2012, 11:51 AM         #13
whyarguewithgod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nightmare said:
colorado dude surrendered and was caught after the incident

*Welp that solves the mental illness theory*

--Moving On--

This guy didn't drop the knife and even threatened police so maybe he really did have a legitimate mental problem aka crazy.

--Now refer to my question again--

Now reply with something intelligent.
 5 years ago '06        #14
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:
NYPD

[pic - click to view]

Armed ith a slew of utilities, the officers here carry military grade gas mask, a gun, heavy vest with pelvis protection, baton's, pepper spray, some have tasers.

England PD

[pic - click to view]

pepper spray, a light vest, and a stick.

Both PD's handle the same type of situations. Yet NYPD shoot to k!ll everytime.
yet there are no where near as many guns in england
 5 years ago '10        #15
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 whyarguewithgod said:
This guy didn't drop the knife and even threatened police so maybe he really did have a legitimate mental problem aka crazy.
Sooo.. Because he MIGHT be mentally ill, the cops should have waited for him to stab someone before they took action to protect themselves and others?

5 years ago '06        #16
space
space
 whyarguewithgod said:
*Welp that solves the mental illness theory*

--Moving On--

--Now refer to my question again--

Now reply with something intelligent.
wtf u talking about? anyway, muthafu*ka was wildin out in a densely populated area, being a erratic and aggressive,

you gonna try to reason with a erratic, crazy dude? FOH. you dont know what dude was on and what he might do next with all those ppl around

now if dude woulda stabbed somebody, everybody on here would be talking about how the cops should have blasted him

yo cant win in this world man
 5 years ago '04        #17
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
hate when people don tknow how to hold a fu*king camera, all shaky and sh*t
 08-12-2012, 12:04 PM         #18
whyarguewithgod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Difference is, the guy with the "mental illness" was smart enough to just surrender before the police had to shoot him.

Also, this isn't a race thing. It's an issue of a guy acting like an idiot and paying for it. It seems like if he was white, you'd have no problem, with the police handling the situation the way they did.

And for the record

[pic - click to view]

This is not a butter knife.

--First off, Mental illness and smart enough doesn't link together very well, quit reaching. Aint nothing wrong with that Caucasian terrorist. --

--Second this isnt a race thing but it seems when white boys act non-complaint rubber bullets and non life threatening tactics are used by the NYPD. Yet ni99az get k!lled "EVERY" year when 10 times outta 10 the situation could have been avoided. Like a previous poster said "Their reputation does precede them"--

--As for that last statement. Quit it son. The k!lling of any humaa being is pathetic in my eyes because it is my belief no human created gave permission for another human to live so who in the hell gave you permission to put another human to death ? But But But if I coincidentally seem to stand up for African Americans because Im sick of seeing white folks on here speak ignorantly about us even if the situation is tragic (i.e. Trayvon, Obama, *insert black person*) then.............I plead the fifth. --

Im tired of the undercover racists comments so when Im bored and I have nothing to do I come on here and fu*k wit yall geeks. Love it or hate it. It is what it is.

By the way.....You were right about 1 thing. That ain't no butter knife.
 5 years ago '04        #19
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
what yall seem to forget that NY and the NYPD have a low tolerance for this sh*t especially with their history of terrorism. you gonna wield a knife in a middle of times fu*king square and expect sh*t to be fine? not like its a middle of nowhere. plus the NYPD didnt shoot him right away, he had plenty of time to surrender and drop the knife, he chose not to
 5 years ago '05        #20
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067 OP
space
space
 nightmare said:
yet there are no where near as many guns in england
guns are banned in NYC, civilians cannot have guns for self defense, or home defense.

think about it though.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy