Aug 9 - New study says 64% of Americans have less than $1,000 in the bank

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #141
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
space
$18,120 | Props total: 19791 19791
 "SS" said:
sh*t i used to say a 1000 wasnt nothin i would blow thru that sh*t in a weekend, then i ended up gettin a divorce got a serious a.ss health condition losin my job and a foreclosure all in the same year, took me 2 years to actually find another job and i dont make nearly as much as i did at my last one. now im livin paycheck to paycheck and still barely have money for everything i need to cover its been dam near 4 years since all that sh*t happened and i still dont see the light at the end of the tunnel. my fu*kin credit is shot i live between my grandma and my girlfriends house, that one bad year fu*ked my whole life up for a long time and even now im not gettin ahead just surviving. i know dam well i aint got a grand in the bank...hell i dont even have a bank account and on top of that i work in a fu*kin pawnshop of all places i deal with 10s of thousands of dollars everyday i can do 1 transaction that makes the company more than i can make in 2 months and im still expected to be honest and not steel (which i dont) but i swear its tempting as hell sometimes
that sucks
oh well no mcdonalds for you
 5 years ago '06        #142
TheKastOne 
space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 270 270
 itzjustlogic said:
Let me put it this way if I had less than a G in my bank account I wouldn't be on the Internet on my Galaxy S3. I've been saving since I was 12 and never looked back. That's about 14 years of savings. Got me out the hood. Fukc ballin I'm trying to make it without anyone's help.
I'm sorry but this didn't make much logical sense.
 5 years ago '04        #143
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018
36%..

Momma aint raise no fool...

and the credit game is way above par...
 08-11-2012, 07:56 AM         #144
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't even know what a Galaxy S3 is, and that's probably why I have 6k in the bank.

My credit is perfect too, never missed a payment ever.

(not a shot at the dude with the Galaxy, just that most people blow their money on retarded material sh*t like cell phones when they barely have dough. The way you talked, saving since 12, which was very smart, you have enough extra to spring on something like a super phone. Like your attitude actually, not wanting to have to rely on anyone else. Smart dude.)
 5 years ago '04        #145
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,440 | Props total: 5525 5525
almost 17k in savings, after my next check 5k in checkings, and 15.7k in 401k

with 7 dollars in my wallet, mcdonalds breakfast here i come!

saving up to put a down payment on a condo though. Saving was easy as sh*t after paying my car and school loan.
 5 years ago '04        #146
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,598 | Props total: 369 369
 "SS" said:
sh*t i used to say a 1000 wasnt nothin i would blow thru that sh*t in a weekend, then i ended up gettin a divorce got a serious a.ss health condition losin my job and a foreclosure all in the same year, took me 2 years to actually find another job and i dont make nearly as much as i did at my last one. now im livin paycheck to paycheck and still barely have money for everything i need to cover its been dam near 4 years since all that sh*t happened and i still dont see the light at the end of the tunnel. my fu*kin credit is shot i live between my grandma and my girlfriends house, that one bad year fu*ked my whole life up for a long time and even now im not gettin ahead just surviving. i know dam well i aint got a grand in the bank...hell i dont even have a bank account and on top of that i work in a fu*kin pawnshop of all places i deal with 10s of thousands of dollars everyday i can do 1 transaction that makes the company more than i can make in 2 months and im still expected to be honest and not steel (which i dont) but i swear its tempting as hell sometimes

Yo.. You keep your head up and push forward. Dont look to the end of the tunnel.. You need to set short goals. Always pay yourself too as saving, even if it is $1 a week until u get enough to put it in the bank. Do not steal, think about it... if you do all of you problems will be compounded because you will get caught and then you will not even be able to get a job. Right now it is hard but you can keep looking for a better job while you have one. Also think about starting something on your own. What are you good at.. make it happen.. just believe in yourself. real talk
 5 years ago '05        #147
shady2624 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,366 | Props total: 102 102
damn.....guess I'm ballin by those standards
 5 years ago '11        #148
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
 Doe Sun said:
Considering FDIC insures up to $250K I believe, how would people at the bottom lose? Quit your class warfare mindset.
i understand it being federally backed. thats why i mentioned it in my first post. what im saying is if everything went to sh*t, those using our money would have already benefited. if the dollar was going to go down the toilet, there's a good chance it would happen in large part because of the actions of those who hold the most money (i think this is evident in our current economic situation). they would know before us and already taken the necessary precautions of buying physical a.ssets. and if the dollar looses all value, theres nothing for the federal govt to insure. i have nothing against rich people who work hard and earn it but we both know thats not how every rich person got theirs
 5 years ago '09        #149
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,819 | Props total: 1138 1138
I get paid anywhere from 1200-1500 every other week and that sh*t is down to 300-400 the next day....all of these fu*king bills and childcare smfh
 5 years ago '04        #150
jj_143 
space
space
$529 | Props total: 3 3
 "SS" said:
Keep your head up man. It says a lot about your character that you continue to be honest.
 08-11-2012, 09:20 AM         #151
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's easy to have $1,000 in the bank when you don't have bills. I'm living proof. I only pay car insurance and phone bill.

Some people are moving too fast, they want to move out on their own ASAP and they can't handle the responsibility.

Save your cash, find you a decent girl, move out, now you have someone to help you pay bills and save. It's moves out here you can make to make your life a little better but got to have the patients and you have to sacrifice.

A lot of people hate sacrificing and being patient, just wait your turn. Your day will come.
 5 years ago '09        #152
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,654 | Props total: 2764 2764
Nope, I got about 70 right now since I paid my car insurance today

I really don't leave money in the bank, unless I am pay bills though.
 5 years ago '11        #153
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
 "SS" said:
Keep your head up homie. Keep grinding and think positive. It's how you get up after u knocked down that defines a man. Your got your health nothing worth more than that. Just remember when u get successful remember what got you there and how it felt when u got knocked down.
 5 years ago '10        #154
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$427 | Props total: 121 121
 itzjustlogic said:
Let me put it this way if I had less than a G in my bank account I wouldn't be on the Internet on my Galaxy S3. I've been saving since I was 12 and never looked back. That's about 14 years of savings. Got me out the hood. Fukc ballin I'm trying to make it without anyone's help.
Respect for that one.....
I feel the same way......

At the end of the day I don't want to rely on anyone's help for sh*t. Just me....myself....and Iverson.....don't pass to nobody

but seriously.....

This is a sad article. Microsoft Excel (if you have 2010) has budgets in stock for just about everything (personal, school budget, savings budget etc). I recommend starting there (or Mint.com which is great from what I'm told). I recommend everyone to have some kind of a budget in place. When you actually see what you spent on paper as suppose to just paying cash or swiping your debt card all crazy, it's a real eye opener. You can make adjustments to better yourself for the next month, week, or year and increase efficiency (lower Debt to Income ratio, etc). You just have to be disciplined enough to follow through with it. You can invest but master your OWN finances first. I wouldn't recommend marriage or anything serious until you do (and your spouse.....a broke a.ss couple is never a good sight). SAVE....Always. Once that rainy day comes you will be fu*ked if you don't. The old school G-pop's and parents too teach young kids to save are slowly fading away. Somehow somewhere we lost our footing (especially black families) when it comes to teaching our youth how to save and what not. We need to get that back into motion and educate ourselves into this practice.

Once you build your savings and think about buying that house, car or any large purchase you can access that savings with no worries. Or....to take it a step further....be your own Bank. Borrow against yourself, come up with a payment plan with an interest rate and pay back interest (to yourself) accordingly. It may hurt for a bit but at the end of the day you benefit the most out of it.

Sorry I ran with this one a bit haha.....
but you get the idea....
 5 years ago '05        #155
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,189 | Props total: 11750 11750
Checks account

Add me to that 64%
 5 years ago '05        #156
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12558 12558
I got more than 1k in the bank, and I'm only 10k in debt, I could pay off all my debt but it's no need to since its on a payment plan..

I'm not surprised by this though, because I'm not a baller by anymeans, but the other week when I went into the bank. I had a direct deposit check from work that was a little over 3500(not like thats alot), but when I went to the bank, the female teller was eye raping the sh*t out of me, and asking me tons of questions about my job.

Clearly I knew she just saw what was deposited from my job, and how much I already had in the bank. Now mind you I don't have more than 20k with that bank, but she was acting like I was some sort of rich n*gga since I had a little less than 20k in my checkings

I take it she doesn't see that often I guess America is really struggling.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-11-2012 at 10:36 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #157
whitesand 46 heat pts46
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 1545 1545
 pnoi89 said:
Part of the 36% as well...
Will be in a week
 5 years ago '05        #158
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1671 1671
wtf.. I work part time and even I've got more money in the bank. Some of y'all need to manage your money better
 5 years ago '06        #159
youngral 
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 629 629
 corys35 said:
part of the 36% right here
Co-sign
 5 years ago '07        #160
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,782 | Props total: 14590 14590
 elvisfreshly said:
I do but i never put a dime in it

Thanks mom

64% is rough. I have well over that in savings but it took some work. I used to be terrible w/ money management. Now I'm good as far as saving but I still hate working though w/ a passion.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago