Beyoncé and Jay-Z have turned their backs on social responsibility': Harry Belafonte says couple don

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #101
jayyast 
space
space
$469 | Props total: 122 122
@hollatchadude you have made more sense than anybody ever on this site props to u

i dont read too much into the ignorant sh*t on here but when some1 post something with knowledge i can take and think about i appreciate that..

i agree its more mental than anything its hard to think about 12 years after hs to b a doctor when you're worried how to eat this month and on top of bad situations rather it b parents/siblings or self mistakes...

im in college now and i still know more of my peers who sells drugs over ones trying to b a professional and yeah its their fault too but its so easy to get caught up in that sh*t all i have to do is go outside and look around but i know the gov't want me to do that so they can take my life away and make me property so ill never give them that satisfaction...
 5 years ago '10        #102
phillyfirst215 
space
space
$267 | Props total: 6 6
 Maroon_Tiger said:
There are more problems with the black community than you can shake a stick at
-glorifying thug culture as "blackness"
-not working together or teaming up in busineses
-crabs in the bucket mentality
-self hatred: skin color
-self hatred: african american vs african
-post slavery traumatic syndrome(playing the victim for ascpects that dont exist anymore)
-disrespecting our women.. They feel like they gotta have weaves and sh*t to compete... There is no appreciation for their NATURAL hair
-lack of mentoring for young men
-lack of community standards+leadership
-lack of respect for marriage and family structure
-over s3xualizing our culture, and no emphasis on responsibility
-lack of priority on higher education
-lack of priority on financial stability

Thats my short list and im black fyi...

We are in dire need of "black people/culture reform",
Its getting embarrasing, especially in Atlanta

Im glad that a celeb called beyonce and jayz out. They are great role models and actually do alot for the black community but they dont really address social issues pertaining to race

Jayz might drop a verse or a check but thats about it in terms of his image

this......
 5 years ago '10        #103
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Maroon_Tiger said:
There are more problems with the black community than you can shake a stick at
-glorifying thug culture as "blackness"
-not working together or teaming up in busineses
-crabs in the bucket mentality
-self hatred: skin color
-self hatred: african american vs african
-post slavery traumatic syndrome(playing the victim for ascpects that dont exist anymore)
-disrespecting our women.. They feel like they gotta have weaves and sh*t to compete... There is no appreciation for their NATURAL hair
-lack of mentoring for young men
-lack of community standards+leadership
-lack of respect for marriage and family structure
-over s3xualizing our culture, and no emphasis on responsibility
-lack of priority on higher education
-lack of priority on financial stability

Thats my short list and im black fyi...

We are in dire need of "black people/culture reform",
Its getting embarrasing, especially in Atlanta

Im glad that a celeb called beyonce and jayz out. They are great role models and actually do alot for the black community but they dont really address social issues pertaining to race

Jayz might drop a verse or a check but thats about it in terms of his image
 08-09-2012, 09:03 PM         #104
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayyast said:
@hollatchadude you have made more sense than anybody ever on this site props to u

i dont read too much into the ignorant sh*t on here but when some1 post something with knowledge i can take and think about i appreciate that..

i agree its more mental than anything its hard to think about 12 years after hs to b a doctor when you're worried how to eat this month and on top of bad situations rather it b parents/siblings or self mistakes...

im in college now and i still know more of my peers who sells drugs over ones trying to b a professional and yeah its their fault too but its so easy to get caught up in that sh*t all i have to do is go outside and look around but i know the gov't want me to do that so they can take my life away and make me property so ill never give them that satisfaction...
yeah, one of my best friends just just got menace to societyed....he went in the store to steal a bottle of paul mason, a security gaurd came after his boy and he shot him. no hes on the run from an attempted murder charge.

yeah, and i didnt start college until i was 27, becuase i was to busy trying to stay alive and free.

i would be another statistic if i hadnt joined the army

Last edited by hollatchadude; 08-09-2012 at 09:06 PM..
 08-09-2012, 09:05 PM         #105
Skratch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When has jay-z or beyonce ever put minorities on?? only entertainer i know who does it is tyler perry
 5 years ago '11        #106
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 jayyast said:

That's something that people who never lived in the inner city don't know about I know alot of kids that had to dropout of school because they needed money now to eat and live because there parents couldn't provide for them

It's all about movation and luck everybody can't succeed in life that's just the way it is
 5 years ago '05        #107
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
I dont understand why ya'll expect so much out of others, yet so little of yourselves. To get anywhere requires hard work, yes for the less fortunate that means you have to work harder, but if your not willing to, then you will lead a life that reflects that.

Before you start with that "you don't know our struggle" BS, I'm South African born, where non whites were not allowed the right to vote up until 94. I may have been born in 1990, but my parents sacrificed a lot for me to even have the privilege of attending a good school etc. This is in a society where they were told that they were inferior their whole lives, but did they take the easy way out?

I have obviously been fortunate enough to have a good family and strong morals form them, but even with that there are family member who fell through the cracks.

I have cousins who have been to the poorest of schools, now doing it big in places like Dubai.

Ultimately the responsibility lies with the individual AND the company they keep and whether they are willing to let that sh*t go and realize their potential or just admit defeat. Obviously due to circumstance for low income minorities the odds are against you, but blaming those around you will NEVER get you anywhere.
 5 years ago '06        #108
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 4736 4736
 hollatchadude said:
hes right though, we have no real black leaders because all we look up to are entertainers who dont give a sh*t about anyone but themselves. we so individualistic now...

but besides making the next new tech or innovative product.

I don't knock none of them but I do feel with the position that they r in(minority celebrities)they should educate us more about making that money work for us & civil rights improving
 08-09-2012, 09:41 PM         #109
Patrick Galooly  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHop Since 93 said:
I understand what you saying but the Jim Crow laws were made how long ago? Get over that sh*t and do something with yourself. They learned to read 100 years earlier, but you can read now so that dont even matter. Other cultures that have been through as much as we have are being successful. Blacks are left behind because they dont try to catch up to everyone else.
Actually there's modern day jim crow that keeps blacks from being employers or employees. Also makes sure that blacks go to jail more often and syay in jail longer than other races.
 08-09-2012, 09:48 PM         #110
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sheedawg said:
I dont understand why ya'll expect so much out of others, yet so little of yourselves. To get anywhere requires hard work, yes for the less fortunate that means you have to work harder, but if your not willing to, then you will lead a life that reflects that.

Before you start with that "you don't know our struggle" BS, I'm South African born, where non whites were not allowed the right to vote up until 94. I may have been born in 1990, but my parents sacrificed a lot for me to even have the privilege of attending a good school etc. This is in a society where they were told that they were inferior their whole lives, but did they take the easy way out?

I have obviously been fortunate enough to have a good family and strong morals form them, but even with that there are family member who fell through the cracks.

I have cousins who have been to the poorest of schools, now doing it big in places like Dubai.

Ultimately the responsibility lies with the individual AND the company they keep and whether they are willing to let that sh*t go and realize their potential or just admit defeat. Obviously due to circumstance for low income minorities the odds are against you, but blaming those around you will NEVER get you anywhere.
with that said, the individual who knows how hard it is and felt that struggle, especially the ones who just got lucky and didnt really work hard just had a certain talent. should be the first to get up and speak out, about the bull sh*t going on....jay z and beyonce can do a lot more by speaking to the youth about social problems than giving any organizatin 20 mill!
 08-09-2012, 10:05 PM         #111
lionlil  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dice said:

Post the essay.

I just now looked up the foundation and they only give scholarships to people going to trade or vocational schools..

I need some scholarships to nullify these loans
i got an email 3 days before the deadline so i didnt properly look into just thought theyd hook a young black man up, did the whole thing in 30 mins
 5 years ago '08        #112
SantinoMurder 
space
space
$2,519 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k jay-z and beyonce, this aint nothing new no powerful blacks help other blacks we the only race that do that. indians stick together muslims stick together and etc. blacks on the other hand are like
 5 years ago '12        #113
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,476 | Props total: 1033 1033
 hollatchadude said:
i agree to an extent we do have a lot more opportunity now than then, but you do realize that there are systems in place to keep us down still to this day.

1. increasingly poorer education in low income neighborhoods
2. racial profiling and discrimination on jobs, loans etc.
3. all true black leaders, with a real voice are a.ssasinated i.e. martin, malcom, huey, tupac
 5 years ago '10        #114
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,998 | Props total: 987 987
They ask me how Im doin Im doin fine Im rich
These haters dont have a dime they cant afford my bi*ch-
 5 years ago '12        #115
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
White people really shouldn't comment on this.

They love to say "Slavery was abolished a long time ago, stop making excuses"

n*gga, my Grandmother and Grandfather rode on the back of the bus, were denied an adequate education, and we're treated like ANIMALS.

That sh*t was only 60 years ago fakkit.

Your white grand parents had a flat out better shot at success then black folk, that's a fact.

Years of that mindset birth what you see today in the black community.
 5 years ago '11        #116
ThaPro 
space
space
space
$882 | Props total: 20 20
 dlettern said:
Are you high?

Pimp - "listen hear bi*ch, imma take this fly whip your pus*y got me so I can stunt with this fly a.ss gear and jewelry your pus*y also got me. Now get out out there and work harder so I can stunt with more of your money for no fu*king reason."

Hoe - "yes daddy, keep stuntin' on them! No one stunts like you. Let me get out there and how myself so I can give you my money as soon as you allow me to. No one better not talk about my daddy"

Hoe a.ss clowns..........
his post was sarcastic, just read the song titles lol
 5 years ago '04        #117
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
now thas the definition of shooting with someone in the gym

5 years ago '10        #118
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Prostyle said:
White people really shouldn't comment on this.

They love to say "Slavery was abolished a long time ago, stop making excuses"

n*gga, my Grandmother and Grandfather rode on the back of the bus, were denied an adequate education, and we're treated like ANIMALS.

That sh*t was only 60 years ago fakkit.

Your white grand parents had a flat out better shot at success then black folk, that's a fact.

Years of that mindset birth what you see today in the black community.

Don't act like n*ggas don't be making excuses tho..

It makes me sick to see the sh*t we see in the black community.

I just don't think kids understand that we are not that far removed from segregation and Jim Crow.

They have no idea that we are the first generation of black folks in THE HISTORY of this country who have the opportunity to be whatever we want.

Like literally the first.

But n*ggas would prefer to sell drugs and women would prefer to get pregnant.

Imagine if Malcolm or Dr. King were alive to see Worldstar. They would off themselves.
 08-09-2012, 11:13 PM         #119
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just imagine how much more the world would suck if it wasnt for a few people who have owned up to these responsibilities.
 5 years ago '12        #120
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space

Them n*ggas ain't sh*t in the grand scheme of things.

I don't know what you're trying to prove by posting their pictures.

Two drug dealers who sold crack to their own people, and a homos3xual.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy