Beyoncé and Jay-Z have turned their backs on social responsibility': Harry Belafonte says couple don

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM         #81
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eskaey said:
n*gga Please
Money Aint A Thang - "I flex the rol', sign a check for yo' hoe
Jigga's style is love, X and O" - first line

A Billie Remix - "When i wear "Billionaire Boys Club" is more than gear I don't wear it 'cause Pharrell I wear it 'cause i'm fo' real"
3 Kings - "Millions on the wall in all my rooms
n*ggas couldn't fu*k with my daughter's room
n*ggas couldn't walk in my daughter's socks
Banksy bi*ches, Basquiat
I ran through that buck fifty Live Nation fronted me
They workin' on another deal, they talkin' two hundred fifty
I'm holdin' out for three"

On to the next one - "Came in the Range, hopped out that Lexus Every year since, I been on that next sh*t Traded in the gold for the platinum Rolex's Now a n*gga wrist match the status of my records"
Jockin Jay-Z - "Comin down in Mercedes, peelin off on the boppers
Worldwide show, I'm comin down in a chopper"

Run This Town - "And they ain't spending no cake They should throw they hand in, 'cause they ain't got no spades My whole team got dough So my Bankhead is lookin' like millionaires' 'fro"
Big Pimpin - "Take em out the hood, keep em lookin good
But I don't ****in feed em"

Success - "All this stress, all I got is this big house Couple of cars, I don't bring half of them sh*ts out All of this ace of spade, I drank just to p!ss out I mean I like the taste coulda saved myself 6 hours
How many times can I go to Mr. Childs, Taos Mobu? Hold up, lemme move my bowls I'll sh*t on y'all n*ggas"

Roc Boys - "Put ya hand out the window, feel the force Feel the Porsche, hit the frost Ice cold, jewels got no flaws Drop got no top, you on the top floor"
Are you high?

Pimp - "listen hear bi*ch, imma take this fly whip your pus*y got me so I can stunt with this fly a.ss gear and jewelry your pus*y also got me. Now get out out there and work harder so I can stunt with more of your money for no fu*king reason."

Hoe - "yes daddy, keep stuntin' on them! No one stunts like you. Let me get out there and how myself so I can give you my money as soon as you allow me to. No one better not talk about my daddy"

Hoe a.ss clowns..........
 08-09-2012, 07:31 PM         #82
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Twelve said:
Real sh*t

n*ggas have to want more for themselves and their communities. But honestly there's hardly any unity among black people. I don't mean hold hands and sing kumbaya type of unity either. There's very little respect for one another. When you're successful, get out of that environment, and try to come back through to put others in the same position as you, a lot of the time you meet more hostility than anything. "You turned your back on the streets, you a sellout." n*ggas would rather take what you have rather be in the position to work hard and get their own. It's fu*ked up.
this is what i mean by psychological locks on the brain. should jay or oprah give 3 million to the ghetto or sumn? NO

but they should maybe start a new schooling system for inner city youth.
or maybe a new black channel with less sit comes and more positive role models.
 5 years ago '10        #83
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Kingpin 313 said:
Did you grow up in the inner city?

Have you ever went to a public school in the hood?

I doubt it nobody blames white people for everything but it's white people that believe and wanna say slavery and segregation don't effect what's going on today. White people started at the top and black people started at the very bottom you call that equal opportunity? One race being able to read for 100 years before the other

Do some research like the Jim crow laws and how they put black people in poor communitys because they knew it would make them turn on each other and k!ll each other for food and money. stop speaking on sh*t you don't know about

[pic - click to view]

These are the exact kind of excuses that I'm talking about. Always an excuse from 100+ years ago. Or something about "The White Man".

And yes I did go to public school, in the inner city. My parents (being that they were immigrants) couldn't afford anything but that. I just never used it as an excuse. Neither did they and they WORKED their way out.

HipHop Since 93 said:
I understand what you saying but the Jim Crow laws were made how long ago? Get over that sh*t and do something with yourself. They learned to read 100 years earlier, but you can read now so that dont even matter. Other cultures that have been through as much as we have are being successful. Blacks are left behind because they dont try to catch up to everyone else.

Thank you my brother.

We all from the same struggle. Immigrants and first generation kids grow up poor too, they just don't make the majority of the dumb decisions that "African Americans" do. We see our parents working their a.sses off just to be in this country to make a life for themselves and it motivates us.

You think as an American by way of Africa, the "Jim Crow" stuff don't effect us.

You think a racist white person sees me they say "you know what, he's African, not African American, so we like him"

No, they calling me "******" too, but we don't let that be an excuse not to achieve goals and stay in the slums forever.

We in the same struggle we just have different standards of living and different mindsets. Thats why we advance.
 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM         #84
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Real Hustler said:
education is not about school though. if you want real education it is in the books. Malcolm X is the best example of that.
thats the point though, we dont get a real education and we should do something about it.
 08-09-2012, 07:50 PM         #85
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

[pic - click to view]

These are the exact kind of excuses that I'm talking about. Always an excuse from 100+ years ago. Or something about "The White Man".

And yes I did go to public school, in the inner city. My parents (being that they were immigrants) couldn't afford anything but that. I just never used it as an excuse. Neither did they and they WORKED their way out.

Thank you my brother.

We all from the same struggle. Immigrants and first generation kids grow up poor too, they just don't make the majority of the dumb decisions that "African Americans" do. We see our parents working their a.sses off just to be in this country to make a life for themselves and it motivates us.

You think as an American by way of Africa, the "Jim Crow" stuff don't effect us.

You think a racist white person sees me they say "you know what, he's African, not African American, so we like him"

No, they calling me "******" too, but we don't let that be an excuse not to achieve goals and stay in the slums forever.

We in the same struggle we just have different standards of living and different mindsets. Thats why we advance.
believe me when i say i feel what your saying, but you dont know our struggle!!! we dont have a country!!!

we have been systematicly pcychologically oppressed for over 2oo hundred years!!!
the generation from the mid 80's through the 90's basicly raised themselves!!! because of crack, heroin, and violence.

correct me if im wrong. but you had parents who worked and set a good example for you in the home huh? how did you get here? you didnt swim....my mom has not given me a penny since before i was a teen...she didnt and doesnt have it to give...she has never worked. my pops and 60% ppl i grew up with didnt have a father. hes either dead or in jail.

how are you supposed to develop any positive habits? when you never seen anything positive???
 5 years ago '10        #86
trill jackson 741 heat pts741
space
space
$18,920 | Props total: 13560 13560
that positive preaching sh*t don't even work truthfully speaking. the million man march worked for how long? a week? then everybody was back on their bullsh*t? theres a big difference between being a hearer of the word and being a doer of the word. people go to church and clap and shout like they're at an entertainment venue then they go home and sin like a motherfu*ker. this is how we gotta do it in my opinion. get an education and get yourself an educated woman. chances are you'll both have good jobs and it increases the chances of your kids being educated too. we got too many dumb motherfu*kers running around in the hood and to me more than anything that's the issue. we all gotta live with the choices we make and dumb people make dumb choices
 5 years ago '04        #87
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,381 | Props total: 88 88
 hollatchadude said:
believe me when i say i feel what your saying, but you dont know our struggle!!! we dont have a country!!!

we have been systematicly pcychologically oppressed for over 2oo hundred years!!!
the generation from the mid 80's through the 90's basicly raised themselves!!! because of crack, heroin, and violence.

correct me if im wrong. but you had parents who worked and set a good example for you in the home huh? how did you get here? you didnt swim....my mom has not given me a penny since before i was a teen...she didnt and doesnt have it to give...she has never worked. my pops and 60% ppl i grew up with didnt have a father. hes either dead or in jail.

how are you supposed to develop any positive habits? when you never seen anything positive???
good points from the other side of th convo...I like what you said about having no country...essentially no true home but America. When you ask minorities from another country, they never say I'm x*x-American, always just their home country. I guess for African-Americans, this is their home and they get treated like 2nd rate humans for however Many years now....
 08-09-2012, 08:00 PM         #88
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trill jackson said:
that positive preaching sh*t don't even work truthfully speaking. the million man march worked for how long? a week? then everybody was back on their bullsh*t? theres a big difference between being a hearer of the word and being a doer of the word. people go to church and clap and shout like they're at an entertainment venue then they go home and sin like a motherfu*ker. this is how we gotta do it in my opinion. get an education and get yourself an educated woman. chances are you'll both have good jobs and it increases the chances of your kids being educated too. we got too many dumb motherfu*kers running around in the hood and to me more than anything that's the issue. we all gotta live with the choices we make and dumb people make dumb choices
i agree, i think it starts with education. with education you break the mold. not just school, but education. the average person white, black or alien doesnt realize they are being manipulated. thats why conspiracy theories sound so far fetched

that said the problem goes even deeper, there is male female role reversal in black america.

subconscious hate for ourselves

the fact that we have no history that goes any further than the cotton fields.

and the fact that we have no leaders, or role models.
 08-09-2012, 08:04 PM         #89
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thangstah said:
good points from the other side of th convo...I like what you said about having no country...essentially no true home but America. When you ask minorities from another country, they never say I'm x*x-American, always just their home country. I guess for African-Americans, this is their home and they get treated like 2nd rate humans for however Many years now....
when i was a kid i didnt even know egypt was in africa, i dint know africa was continent of many countries, and i thought all africans carried spears, and no clothes...

BECAUSE THAT WHAT WE GOT TAUGHT IN SCHOOL!!!
 5 years ago '10        #90
trill jackson 741 heat pts741
space
space
$18,920 | Props total: 13560 13560
 hollatchadude said:
when i was a kid i didnt even know egypt was in africa, i dint know africa was continent of many countries, and i thought all africans carried spears, and no clothes...

BECAUSE THAT WHAT WE GOT TAUGHT IN SCHOOL!!!
they put national geographics everywhere and they did it for a reason. it made africans look like uncivilized savages
 5 years ago '10        #91
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 hollatchadude said:

And I feel you my brother. Im sure it's incredibly hard growing up in a household where the parents set no type of example.

But I always look at it like, that should serve as motivation too. Serve as motivation to not want to be like your parents. Not to continue in the same struggles as they did. And there are some "African Americans" who do use that as motivation to do well in life.

I just hate that there are more cases where you see the mother gets pregnant at 15 and 15 years later her daughter is pregnant and poor too and so forth. Or the son ends up in the same jail his father is serving life in.

Life is about choices. Especially in a world where African Americans now have the most opportunities that they have ever had to succeed
 08-09-2012, 08:14 PM         #92
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trill jackson said:
they put national geographics everywhere and they did it for a reason. it made africans look like uncivilized savages
think about being subject of that type of propaganda for 500 years!!!

n*ggaz minds is all fu*ked up
 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM         #93
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
And I feel you my brother. Im sure it's incredibly hard growing up in a household where the parents set no type of example.

But I always look at it like, that should serve as motivation too. Serve as motivation to not want to be like your parents. Not to continue in the same struggles as they did. And there are some "African Americans" who do use that as motivation to do well in life.

I just hate that there are more cases where you see the mother gets pregnant at 15 and 15 years later her daughter is pregnant and poor too and so forth. Or the son ends up in the same jail his father is serving life in.

Life is about choices. Especially in a world where African Americans now have the most opportunities that they have ever had to succeed
i feel you...thing is most people dont know there options, being a doctor or a lawyer, or even a fu*kin cop seems like a fairy tale when you have never personally know anyone but pimps, gangsters, hustlers, people who work at grocery stores and fast food
 5 years ago '11        #94
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 HipHop Since 93 said:
I understand what you saying but the Jim Crow laws were made how long ago? Get over that sh*t and do something with yourself. They learned to read 100 years earlier, but you can read now so that dont even matter. Other cultures that have been through as much as we have are being successful. Blacks are left behind because they dont try to catch up to everyone else.
Segregation was only 50 years ago most black people grandparents was sitting at the back of the bus 50 years is along time ago? And when segregation was abolished do you think white people right that minute stopped being racist? Look at it this way if your grandparents wasn't able to get the proper education and opportunities what do you think happened to there kids and there kids?

Like I said do some research look up the education in inner city schools compared to surbarb schools or look up that article about managers saying they won't hire somebody with a black sounding name

I can go on for days like I said why don't white people become slaves and deal with segregation for centurys and we can see how good they doing 50 years later

Last edited by Kingpin 313; 08-09-2012 at 08:27 PM..
 08-09-2012, 08:29 PM         #95
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
Segregation was only 50 years ago most black people grandparents was sitting at the back of the bus 50 years is along time ago? And when segregation was abolished do you think white people right that minute stopped being racist? Look at it this way if your grandparents wasn't able to get the proper education and opportunities what do you think happened to there kids and there kids?

Like I said do some research look up the education in inner city schools compared to surbarb schools or look up that article about managers saying they won't hire somebody with a black sounding name

I can go on for days like I said why don't white people become slaves and deal with segregation for centurys and we can see how good they doing 50 years later
 5 years ago '10        #96
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,407 | Props total: 2348 2348
 hollatchadude said:
i mean no disrespect, but you do not understand the mental chains on our brains. you dont understand the struggle we have. when your ppl come its with the mind set that in america you become whatever you want... that gets beat out of black americans by highschoo;l
excuses, excuses, excuses
 08-09-2012, 08:36 PM         #97
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RedLight said:
excuses, excuses, excuses
not an excuse its a CAUSE.
 5 years ago '11        #98
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1575 1575
some people in here need to learn some basic history. sh*t is disgusting really. how the fu*k you bring up jim crow while ignoring segregation, a "war" on drugs, illegal housing discrimination, loan discrimination, the southern strategy, etc.

the most damaging thing to happen to the black community was white flight in the 50s and 60s. whites began to leave cities for suburbs. this led to the collapse of inner city life all around the country. the more segregated a population, the greater effect any one law will have on a specific group of people. this country has a RACIST history. period. there is no debate about this. and this was not 200 years ago. if youre black and your successful thats great it really is. but to simply ignore what minorities, and specifically blacks have gone through and continue to go through is a dangerous mindset
 08-09-2012, 08:44 PM         #99
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
There are more problems with the black community than you can shake a stick at
-glorifying thug culture as "blackness"
-not working together or teaming up in busineses
-crabs in the bucket mentality
-self hatred: skin color
-self hatred: african american vs african
-post slavery traumatic syndrome(playing the victim for ascpects that dont exist anymore)
-disrespecting our women.. They feel like they gotta have weaves and sh*t to compete... There is no appreciation for their NATURAL hair
-lack of mentoring for young men
-lack of community standards+leadership
-lack of respect for marriage and family structure
-over s3xualizing our culture, and no emphasis on responsibility
-lack of priority on higher education
-lack of priority on financial stability

Thats my short list and im black fyi...

We are in dire need of "black people/culture reform",
Its getting embarrasing, especially in Atlanta

Im glad that a celeb called beyonce and jayz out. They are great role models and actually do alot for the black community but they dont really address social issues pertaining to race

Jayz might drop a verse or a check but thats about it in terms of his image
thread.
 5 years ago '07        #100
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 Maroon_Tiger said:
There are more problems with the black community than you can shake a stick at
-glorifying thug culture as "blackness"
-not working together or teaming up in busineses
-crabs in the bucket mentality
-self hatred: skin color
-self hatred: african american vs african
-post slavery traumatic syndrome(playing the victim for ascpects that dont exist anymore)
-disrespecting our women.. They feel like they gotta have weaves and sh*t to compete... There is no appreciation for their NATURAL hair
-lack of mentoring for young men
-lack of community standards+leadership
-lack of respect for marriage and family structure
-over s3xualizing our culture, and no emphasis on responsibility
-lack of priority on higher education
-lack of priority on financial stability

Thats my short list and im black fyi...

We are in dire need of "black people/culture reform",
Its getting embarrasing, especially in Atlanta

Im glad that a celeb called beyonce and jayz out. They are great role models and actually do alot for the black community but they dont really address social issues pertaining to race

Jayz might drop a verse or a check but thats about it in terms of his image
Respect bruh......respect.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy