Beyoncé and Jay-Z have turned their backs on social responsibility': Harry Belafonte says couple don

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
Melle 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,904 | Props total: 2403 2403
 the synthesis said:
i don't think he is talking about Donating money, rather social responsibility, speaking up, attending rallies, using ones power to make changes or bring awareness, changing social dynamics etc...which sometimes will mean being unpopular with the mainstream viewpoint
And if Jay-Z starts preaching "Peace", guess what will happen??? there will still be a good amount of ppl in this country getting shot the next day

Like Jay-Z or Barrack Obama's Words have Saved the World already?
 5 years ago '07        #42
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 the synthesis said:
i don't think he is talking about Donating money, rather social responsibility, speaking up, attending rallies, using ones power to make changes or bring awareness, changing social dynamics etc...which sometimes will mean being unpopular with the mainstream viewpoint
he a small part of the reason that the president is black

he told em he got em when he hit him on the jack
 5 years ago '10        #43
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
space
$18,825 | Props total: 13124 13124
i just never understand these people who say oprah jay z this one and that one don't do enough. no n*gga you aint doing enough. what the fu*k is doing enough? if oprah gave every penny she got to inner cities throughout america we'd still have pimps and hos , drug dealers, gang bangers crackheads and murderers. the people have to get their sh*t together bottom line. the people in the communities are the ones that have to look in the mirror and ask am i doing enough for the cause and stop waiting for rich black celebrities to fly through the hood with a cape on. it don't cost no money to stop doing dumb self destructive sh*t to each other
 08-09-2012, 04:53 PM         #44
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
n*gga. Shut the fu*k up!

Im first generation American, with parents out of Liberia (west Africa)..

Got a college degree and a great career.

Thats why the African American community in this country will continue to struggle. Soon as you pass along an observation of some constructive criticism, n*ggas got ten million excuses to get to.

I went to school with "African American" kids. The facts are what they are. Maybe if y'all would listen some instead of getting pregnant and thinking Rap and Hoops are the only salvation, you would prosper.

Instead of blaming everything on white people and NOTHING on yourselves.

Ever wonder why when Africans come to this country they do better than y'all. It's because instead of depending on the system, they're willing to work til either they're successful or it k!lls them (whichever comes first). Take some notes dunny.
i mean no disrespect, but you do not understand the mental chains on our brains. you dont understand the struggle we have. when your ppl come its with the mind set that in america you become whatever you want... that gets beat out of black americans by highschoo;l
 08-09-2012, 05:00 PM         #45
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iNsane said:
He probably got zero help.

I agree with this. If I make a billion dollars, I should give half of that? Would $10-$20,000 not be enough? If I make more money, I should donate more?

I like helping people, but I don't agree with people asking for handouts. Times are tough for everyone. Some people are born into money, some aren't. In this case, Jay wasn't born into it.
it aint about money... we need famous black americans and powerful black americans that speak to the youth...the importance of safe s3x, voting, going to school, having goals, and understanding business. we need real role models. i wouldnt give all my money to nobody either.

but once you have a voice that reaches so many ppl, you cant forget where you came from. i think we have an obligation and duty to spread the truth to the youth.
 5 years ago '04        #46
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,650 | Props total: 5334 5334
 JayDee11 said:
Devil, didn't you get ran off the IC for being a caucasian from the UK posing as a brother from CA? Foh. What do you possibly care about African American upliftment? Imposter a.ss snowballs and their saran wrap transparent agendas make me sick...
lol .. I never knew he was on the IC , but I called dude out one day for perping and shyt on here in a Tupac thread .. lame a.ss kids on here man .. pretending to be black , pretending to be from the " hood " .... Funny people in the hood dont even want to be in the hood, but lame a.ss stuck in fantasy land suckers think that shyt is cool and whats popping .. no ..
 08-09-2012, 05:06 PM         #47
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow, I was just telling my friends this the other day. All Jay and his wife do is boast about the things they have while rediculing those who aren't as fortunate. Like pathetic dummies, their fans call that "inspirational". Cats like Belefonte are the definition of inspirational. He made his bank, helped his Black people rise and kept his credibility and validity throughout his career.

Jay is the biggest phony ever and his fans have hoe tendencies for wanting to always listen to that boastful trash.
 5 years ago '10        #48
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 hollatchadude said:
it aint about money... we need famous black americans and powerful black americans that speak to the youth...the importance of safe s3x, voting, going to school, having goals, and understanding business. we need real role models. i wouldnt give all my money to nobody either.

but once you have a voice that reaches so many ppl, you cant forget where you came from. i think we have an obligation and duty to spread the truth to the youth.
Some people feel the need to do speak out, some don't. Unfortunately Jay doesn't feel the need to
 08-09-2012, 05:13 PM         #49
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
n*gga. Shut the fu*k up!

Im first generation American, with parents out of Liberia (west Africa)..

Got a college degree and a great career.

Thats why the African American community in this country will continue to struggle. Soon as you pass along an observation of some constructive criticism, n*ggas got ten million excuses to get to.

I went to school with "African American" kids. The facts are what they are. Maybe if y'all would listen some instead of getting pregnant and thinking Rap and Hoops are the only salvation, you would prosper.

Instead of blaming everything on white people and NOTHING on yourselves.

Ever wonder why when Africans come to this country they do better than y'all. It's because instead of depending on the system, they're willing to work til either they're successful or it k!lls them (whichever comes first). Take some notes dunny.
preach

As a first generation Afro-Colombian, I agree 100%. Black Americans have gone from being inspirational to just plain lazy and bi*chy. Cats rather try to rap, produce, play ball or sell drugs instead of simply just studying and staying focused on legitimate goals. These drug dealers are so stupid they even call their spots "traps". Idiots

Black Americans have turned into Malcom's worst nightmare......a bunch of crabs in a bucket instead of leaders.
 5 years ago '07        #50
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 dlettern said:
Wow, I was just telling my friends this the other day. All Jay and his wife do is boast about the things they have while rediculing those who aren't as fortunate. Like pathetic dummies, their fans call that "inspirational". Cats like Belefonte are the definition of inspirational. He made his bank, helped his Black people rise and kept his credibility and validity throughout his career.

Jay is the biggest phony ever and his fans have hoe tendencies for wanting to always listen to that boastful trash.

how long did u speak to them for?
 5 years ago '04        #51
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,374 | Props total: 6396 6396
there people out there everyday speaking to the youth. folks are going to do what they are going to do. been good and bad folks out there for hundreds of years. just because some famous person says or does something doesn't mean its going to move mountains.

i had david robinson speak at my school about different issues and you know what happened. the same bad kids still did the same bad sh!t

its not really up to celebrities to make change. its up to yourself and the people around you everyday
 08-09-2012, 05:15 PM         #52
ahenson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"They have not told the history of our people, nothing of who we are. We are still looking."

" Jay-Z is responsible for teaching black people history now? When did Belafonte teach black people about who we are or our the history of our people outside of slavery?....

[pic - click to view]

I wonder if dude lost his black power card after marrying her?
 08-09-2012, 05:15 PM         #53
Real Hustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollatchadude said:
i agree to an extent we do have a lot more opportunity now than then, but you do realize that there are systems in place to keep us down still to this day.

1. increasingly poorer education in low income neighborhoods
2. racial profiling and discrimination on jobs, loans etc.
3. all true black leaders, with a real voice are a.ssasinated i.e. martin, malcom, huey, tupac
education is not about school though. if you want real education it is in the books. Malcolm X is the best example of that.
 08-09-2012, 05:17 PM         #54
Real Hustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dlettern said:

jay only has songs boasting? guessing you never listened if you think he only raps boasting manner.
 08-09-2012, 05:24 PM         #55
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Real Hustler said:
jay only has songs boasting? guessing you never listened if you think he only raps boasting manner.
Name 10 Jay Z songs where he isn't boasting.....
 5 years ago '07        #56
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,346 | Props total: 21263 21263
 hollatchadude said:
do you think jay z actually read it??

do you think thats air your breathing?
 5 years ago '12        #57
Eskaey 37 heat pts37
space
space
$400 | Props total: 54 54
 dlettern said:
Name 10 Jay Z songs where he isn't boasting.....
n*gga Please
Money Aint A Thang
A Billie Remix
3 Kings
On to the next one
Jockin Jay-Z
Run This Town
Big Pimpin
Success
Roc Boys
 5 years ago '12        #58
Melle 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,904 | Props total: 2403 2403
 Eskaey said:
n*gga Please
Money Aint A Thang
A Billie Remix
3 Kings
On to the next one
Jockin Jay-Z
Run This Town
Big Pimpin
Success
Roc Boys
3 Kings

doesnt Jay drop a couple bars about owning an Arena in Brooklyn & a possible Live Nation deal for 275 Million?
 5 years ago '12        #59
Eskaey 37 heat pts37
space
space
$400 | Props total: 54 54
 5 years ago '08        #60
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,530 | Props total: 17156 17156
Illuminati hates this guy
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy